• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Camp Half-Blood: The Lost Oracle

S n o w

Dreamer
Roleplay Type(s)
camp-half-blood.png

The Oracle Of Delphi has disappeared.
Before that, she was broken. It was a year-and-a-half since the last prophecy had been spoken, and a full year since the last quest was completed. Nine months since the Oracle was rushed into the Big House the first time she collapsed in the middle of a campfire in front of everyone. Green smoke had seeped out of her skin as she muttered phrases in Latin over and over that no one could understand. After that, campers stopped being able to talk to the gods in their dreams, or see the past. The gods became more silent than usual, ignoring any and all prayers and offerings sent to them. Even Apollo, who would occasionally respond to haiku prayers, was deaf to any and all questions about the Oracle.

The more time that went by without a quest, even a minor one, the more restless and antsy everyone at camp was.

Though no one thought that anything might have happened to the gods themselves until a small group of Romans travelled across the country to Camp Half-Blood to announce that their augur had lost the ability to read prophecies. Something, or someone, had also broken through Camp Jupiter's defenses and stolen their books of prophecy, including parts that hadn't been translated yet.

The next day, the Oracle vanished. No one knew how it happened. When questioned, a wood nymph claimed that the Oracle had walked away from the barrier in a trance in the middle of the day, and something big and fast had grabbed her before they could do anything about it. Another said it happened at night while everyone was asleep, and someone had summoned a monster in the middle of the forest and killed her. A small search party, consisting only of Greeks, was sent out to look for her around the outskirts of camp, but in the end came back without any trace of the missing Oracle.

Without a prophecy, or help from any version of the gods, the Greek and Roman demi-gods of Camp Half-Blood are going to have to do the impossible: Find the Oracle of Delphi, and find out what happened to Apollo and all the other gods of Olympus.

This RP will start the day after the Oracle disappears.

Last edited:
Miles Akers Miles stared down into the pavilion fire, and it almost seemed to burn brighter the longer he looked at it, taunting him. It should've been easy. It sounded easy. All he had to do was scrape some of his food into the fire as a tribute to the gods and walk away. Even after being at Camp Half-Blood for a few days, three to be exact, he still felt deeply uncomfortable at the idea. Would Pluto even care about the smell of random bits of burned food? Miles didn't think so. It seemed like a waste of time. Even the Greek gods had to want better offerings than this, right? He glared at the eggs on his plate, as if they were to blame to this weird Greek tradition.

He didn't look around, but he could feel all the eyes on his back. He couldn't blame them. If a group of Greeks showed up at Camp Jupiter one day and the Augur disappeared the next, he would be suspicious too. Those imaginary Greeks probably wouldn't be allowed to leave until the Praetors figured out what happened, and maybe they would even be interrogated, the Roman way.

Miles turned away from the pavilion fire, muttering to himself about Greeks and their traditions, and almost expected to see his cohort waving him over so they could make a plan to win the next war games. It was something of a joke within his cohort since they didn't win often--they were mostly good at Deathball, and taking other chariots down with them in the chariot races--but instead there was only an empty table. Since there was no Pluto cabin, and there never would be, Chiron had made his temporary home the Hades cabin. And he was stuck with the Hades table as well. He didn't think Hades appreciated it, but who was he to question the camp director?

He sat at the table, glancing over at the almost full Hermes table. He wondered what Lucas was doing right about now, and whether the other Roman was finding this all as weird as he did.

xenforo_design xenforo_design takki takki slim slim Robin man Robin man FrazzledFox FrazzledFox Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving Winter Saint Winter Saint

Last edited:
Jin didn't entirely understand why she was here. Her mother had ordered her to pack her bags and all but banished her from the manor, and then Jin was swept away by an old satyr and dumped unceremoniously in some kind of a summer camp.

She sat at the edge of the Hermes table, somehow finding enough space to sit isolated from the rest of the campers there. Her fork picked around the plate, pushing food back and forth hesitantly. She didn't take to the food here, as she'd expected. Jin glanced at the others sitting at the table and scrunched her nose. People like her didn't go to summer camps. Maybe they volunteered abroad, or spent months in Japan or Germany, or visited their aunt's garden sanctuary. They didn't go to Greek cult summer camps and spend all their time with weird children.

The table was somewhat rowdy. It was the busiest cabin, after all. Teenagers laughed and chattered and it made Jin want to curl up in her bed and read a book all by herself. There were too many noises around her. She dearly hoped that she wouldn't be staying in the Hermes cabin for long. Her tutor, Bei Fong-- a satyr, actually-- had spent several minutes speaking in hushed tones to someone named "Mr. D". He said the Hermes cabin would only be a temporary housing situation. They knew who her father was.

Jin scowled. She wasn't going to go burn up her food for him, whether she actually wanted to eat it herself or not. Irritably, she began to eat, almost as if she was being forced to.

She reached for her water, glancing up. Someone from the nearby almost-empty table was looking over here. Was he watching her? Jin's face flushed with embarrassment. Were they going to all start judging her if she just ate all her food and didn't save any for Zeus? (Did it really matter that much?)

S n o w S n o w

Janna, Child of Demeter
Interacting with: S n o w S n o w
Appearance
e8c92e0139130c55010e4eec0ec52d13-jpg.286861
Janna had woken up to the same boring routine the camp had been going through the past couple of days. A bunch of energetic teenagers with abilities cooped up in an area really wasn't doing any good. Janna was a flurry of bouncing legs and ticks she couldn't stop as the days rolled by. She'd been here for five years and she had never felt so bored. Sure, she was a little nervous about what exactly was going on, but it was hidden under the prospect of not leaving the camp. The woods seemed so quiet and..off. She used to love going there and just curling up as relaxation as she listened to nature. Now it was lifeless. Even a bird song was rare these days. It felt like her mother truly abandoned her now that the forest was more like a graveyard.

The Demeter cabin wasn't exactly the liveliest place, but it did always smell like jasmine and at least had some level of tidiness. Janna quickly dressed in jeans and a crop top with the words "Bite Me" under some sparkly white vampire fangs with sparkly red blood dripping from them. It probably wasn't even supposed to be a crop top and was a shirt from when she was younger. She was really going downhill if that was the case.

The wind spirit dumped Janna's usual meal on her plate: Swedish Meatballs. Janna had no clue why this kept happening, but it was the second day it had done this. It made no sense and she honestly didn't know why it was using her nationality against her now when she had been here for so long. She really wanted some fries right about now, and she sighed audibly and scraped the entire plate's contents into the campfire after the boy who she assumed was from the Roman camp. Poor kid stuck out like a thumb.

"Mom...if you're listening...I just want you to know that I miss you. Well...you're not around enough to miss you but..." Janna was rambling and to nothing more than a fire pit. She was actually terrified of fire, but she tried not to say anything. She didn't need for anyone to use it against her. Janna cleared her throat and walked away from the fire, her empty plate being whisked away from her hands. She could just head back to her cabin and sleep the day away, but she still wanted to know something.

She quickly walked over to the Roman boy who was sitting alone (thankfully) and gave him a steely look.

"I don't know why you're here, so you have to fill in some details. Are you guilty or something? Of stealing the Oracle, I mean. You look pretty lost so I doubt you have any details, but you are from the other camp so you must have information." Janna spoke rather fast since she knew someone would probably make her go back to her table.

Miles AkersMiles paused in the middle of spearing what was left of his eggs with a fork, blinking up at the girl. He tilted his head slightly when he couldn't feel any sense of death around her. Wasn't there a rule against this? Something about one having to stay at the table of ones godly parent? At least he thought there was. He actually dropped his fork at her question, and watched it tumble to the floor.

"I have to, huh?" Miles couldn't help it when he laughed. "You think that I, and everyone else, came all the way here just to steal the Oracle of Delphi? Why? We have our own way of getting prophecies. How low do you have to think of us to think we'd do something as big as that, and then stick around the next day for breakfast?" He shook his head. "I would have thought that they told everyone why we were here by now, but I guess not."

Miles pushed away from the table and stood, turning to face everyone. If there were still campers who didn't know why he and the others were here, he'd take it upon himself to enlighten them. "I am Miles Akers, fourth cohort Centurion, and son of Pluto. I know most of that doesn't mean anything to any of you, but for those of you who still don't know, I, our Augur has lost the power to read prophecies, and someone has stolen our books of prophecy. None of our messages were getting through to Camp Half-Blood, so that's why I, and the others, are here."

Miles sat back down and crossed his arms, ignoring the murmuring around him as he looked up at the girl. "Does that answer your question?"

slim slim xenforo_design xenforo_design

Last edited:
John was eating at the mess hall with his regular and favorite breakfast, Toasted bread with a cooked sunny-side egg, A glass of milk and two Oreos. He always ate at the middle of the table to not draw any attention from the nearby campers. John still insisted himself to stay in his table. For two years, he was alone in the Poseidon cabin. The mess hall table and the cabin was always empty when John isn't around. But the only positive part is that he can think alone, sleep alone, do anything alone and the cleaning doesn't require much work.

He hated to be a son of the Big Three. Even though he didn't do anything to anyone, some demigods who sided with the evil and monsters alike, considered him as a threat and would kill him when they had the chance. He hated his dad, but, inside him, John missed him. Because of his dad, he became what he was made to be, whether he likes it or not.

For two years, he waited for his dad to pop up. But until now, he hasn't. John finished up his toasted bread and egg and started to dip the Oreos in the milk.

Interacting with: N/A (Open)

Interacted with: S n o w S n o w but open for interaction

Janna shook her head at the boy when he got defensive. She hadn't meant to be rude or anything, but it seemed to be how she had come off. She wasn't exactly the welcoming committee. She sighed audibly and pressed her hands to her temples and massaged them before opening her eyes again and giving the boy a tired look. Apparently, he wasn't done with his rampage. He then proceeded to get up and yell at the entire cafeteria population.
Wait. Son of Pluto? She had to think about that because the only image that shot into her head was a comic illustration of all the planets chilling together while tiny Pluto cried in the background, but then she had to put into terms of gods and goddesses...a big three kid.
They all seemed to be the same, and Janna was really hoping for a change but today didn't seem like it would be.
"I guess. I don't know what's going on because I spend most of my time away from everyone else. I've been here forever and should know these things but I guess not. All I know is that the Oracle went into the forest and past the barrier and got eaten or something. Who would want to eat a dusty mummy lady? Personally, having someone tell us what to do is stupi-" Janna was rambling now, but an idea hit her.
"If they went into the forest then I can use the trees or whatever bit of nature I can to find out what happened. It might work and then we can recover both of our, fortune telling peeps and you can go home and go back to hanging out at the Tower of Piza or whatever. Honestly, I don't know why I didn't think of this earlier."
Janna got up and flagged a wind spirit who gave the girl an annoyed look.
"You know what food I want, so give it." Janna snapped. A sigh left the creature and a plate stacked with fries appeared in the girl's hands. The fries looked heavenly and Janna nearly shed a tear. She decided to eat as much food as possible and then head to the forest.

slim slim S n o w S n o w takki takki

Jin stopped eating the pasta as soon as some girl approached the boy she'd been looking at. Very soon, Jin found herself to be equal parts confused and outraged. Well, it was second-hand outrage, on behalf of the boy. He hadn't done anything to deserve that kind of treatment. (At least, to Jin's knowledge. But then again, Jin didn't know much about what went on here. She was missing a significant amount of context regarding this camp and perhaps her own existence.) What hostile hosts!

But then he stood up and began making declarations. Jin stared in horror, fighting her own body to keep her eyes from rolling into the back of her skull. God, he was just like those absolutely unbearable Drama kids from school. Always with the random monologues. Or even worse, they'd break into song. Jin chewed her lip. Hopefully they wouldn't do that here.

Thankfully, the girl did not respond by singing. Instead, she rambled. Then she began to talk about the forest and some oracle.

"...I don't know why I didn't think of this earlier." You don't seem to think much at all. Jin snorted. She was generously judgmental, and not particularly generous in her judgement.

Jin got up and took her plate to the front of the room. She glared at the fire briefly. And then she dumped her leftovers into it.

"Hope you like Italian," she muttered, and returned to her table. The few kids that had seen what she'd done were gaping slightly. She kept her face icy cold. They looked away.

Huffing quietly to herself, she briefly scanned the rest of the room. Tables long and short, some brimming with eager children, others more calm with a reasonable amount of campers, peacefully dining, and yet others almost completely empty. There was that one table that only Miles was sitting at. Another where only one boy was sitting at as well-- Poseidon's table, as it were. And still another table. Zeus. Jin scowled. Was she going to have to sit there, at his table, in his stupid cabin?

Grumbling, she stood from her table. She was going to bed. Retiring early. And there was no way in hell any of these terribly-mannered punks were going to keep her from getting some beauty sleep. She started for the door... and promptly turned around, realizing that she didn't yet know the way to Hermes' cabin, where all her things were. She stopped by the closest table to her. Poseidon's. Sitting alone was a boy who seemed slightly younger than her, and certainly must have been, considering that he was dipping his oreos into milk. A very childish behavior, if you'd asked Jin. Still, she needed some help.

"Hello, do you know how I can get to the Hermes cabin?"

John finished eating the Oreos then he heard a girl's voice close to him. John turned his head to the direction of the sound and saw a girl who looked slightly older than him. She must be a newcomer, since its the first time he saw her face. John pushed away his drink and replied to the girl, "It's over there, miss." Then he pointed at the cabin nearest to the mess hall but farthest to the Big Three cabins. Since she looked slightly older than him, John hypothesized in his mind, I think this girl is Hermes's daughter.

"I'll be going now. If you need anything from me, I'd be in the Poseidon cabin." He told her as he stood up. After that, John picked up the full glass of milk. He walked his way to the altar and offered the drink to Poseidon. "Hope you like the scent of burned milk, dad." He angrily muttered.

Instead of his usual training after breakfast, he walked to his dad's cabin to clean it, then go to training.

Interacting with: xenforo_design xenforo_design (otherwise, open)

Miles Akers
Miles stared after her as she walked away, for once in his life at a loss for words. He didn't know how to feel. He felt like he should be offended. The Tower of Piza. Really? But then again he also felt like he should be laughing at the randomness of it all. He should probably be offended on behalf of their Augur too, now that he thought about it. He watched her manhandle a wind spirit of some sort-a weird Greek version of a Ventus-into giving her fries, and silently acknowledged that her plan was worth a shot.

Was it well thought out? A solid no on that. Would it work? He wasn't exactly optimistic on that either. Was trying to do something to figure this out better than sitting around doing nothing? Miles stood up and abandoned his plate. He did not look around. He knew his little 'speech' did more to paint a target on his back than actually informing any of the uninformed, like he'd intended, but he didn't care. Let them challenge him. He'd show each and every one of them what it meant to be a Roman if he had to.

His fingers twitched towards his dagger, but he didn't draw it. Instead, Miles walked over to Janna and crossed his arms. "I'm coming with you to the forest."

He saw another girl over at the Poseidon table out of the corner of his eye. Wasn't she one of the ones that were staring at him earlier, even before his speech? He noted that she was unarmed, as were most of the campers in the pavilion. He wanted to shake his head. He'd like to ask them what they would all do if the camp was suddenly attacked, but considering how suspicious he already was he probably shouldn't. Miles imagined that everyone running for their weapons at once, or wherever they were stored, would be complete chaos. It felt like he was the only one who thought that it would be better to have a weapon on him, just in case.
slim slim

Interacting with: S n o w S n o w
Janna nearly choked on a fry when the boy from earlier ran up to her. Miles was his name if she remembered correctly from his little announcement. Janna had nearly finished the whole plate of fries before she had even left the pavilion, and a wind spirit took the plate before she was done.
Why were these spirits so hostile? It might have had something to do with Janna being a child of Demeter since air and earth were kind of opposites. Whatever it was, she needed to get to the bottom of it or she'd be eating Swedish Meatballs and fries the rest of her life.

"I wasn't really expecting you to come along." Janna said as she cocked her head. She noticed a girl giving her a weird look, like she wanted to rip Janna's head off but was lost in thought on how to do it so the hostile effect was kinda diminished. Janna hadn't seen the girl before, but she looked like a real piece of work. The girl got up and Janna quickly forgot about her as she started heading to the forest with Miles hopefully in tow.
((Didnt want to godmod but it gets them to the forest...I can change it if you like))
"Actually...now that I think about it...you'll be great help. I'm pretty sure someone or something died here that might have information for us." Janna said over her shoulder as she examined the area. There was an overbearing silence about this place, and Janna could tell it was the spot where everything supposedly took place. She turned around to Miles after examining the trees.
"Can you try sensing any spirits or something?" She asked.

The mess was, for the most part, a quiet place for the majority of the morning, but today was an exception. Normally the mess halls volume would increase the moment the children of the Ares cabin arrive on the scene. People can hear the ten young adults shouting about some incredible feat they've done in combat or someone that they find attractive and how they will "conquer" them. (Very mature I know)

At the head of the pack was the oldest of the cabin, Travis. Travis has been here for nearly half of his life, and he has certainly earned his position of head of the cabin. During his early years, he put himself to fight against every single member of the cabin, and then he would deem himself, leader of the cabin. It took him about four years to do so, but he did it. He always fought them fairly, and he defeated them all. So every new member of the cabin that's arrived ever since, followed the rules of the cabin.

The rules were simple. Fight hard, fight often, and always remember all those who fell. Those are the spoken rules. Every morning, Travis would have the whole cabin out at the arena every morning and go through basic workout routines and combat training at dusk. By lunch time, the group would go to the mess hall and eat finally.But this morning was gonna become a pretty different one, to say the least.

The group made it to the mess hall when Janna was leaving with the Roman. How could he tell that the new guy was Roman? Well, it was simple actually, Travis was able to see the Romans dagger a few times during the few days that he's been here. Travis could tell that the weapon was of Roman made. But the dagger doesn't tell why he was here. Was he and the others on the run? Or did their quest bring them over to this side of the country and they were just taking a few days to rest up here? The Romans were always secretive when it came to doing things.

Travis has been feeling this small buzz in his head all morning. The buzzing was getting stronger during the past couple minutes, and it was still getting stronger the closer he got to the mess hall. The buzzing was his sense of conflict working, or at least that what he assumed that's what is is. "I have a feeling that the Roman has something to do with it." He thought to himself. And he was right. He felt the feeling of conflict leaving with the Roman. Travis chuckled to himself as he turned on his heel. He looked towards the second oldest member of the Cabin and told her that they'll see him later.

Travis started following Janna and the Roman. Luckily he wasn't wearing his armor, he was wearing a pair of cargo shorts, a white tank top, and sneakers. This attire made following a million times easier for him.

slim slim S n o w S n o w Following them to the forest.)

For Lucas, this day started off differently. He woke up, did some early meditation and stretches on the roof of his so called cabin. During the midst of that he was teased by the children of "Ares", who he knew as Mars, but knew they were all the same. Almost the same in personality and everything he'd expect from rude children bent on violence. But then again he was rude and bent on violence, so most wouldn't think he would have a problem with them.....but that's a story for another day.

After setting his spirit right, and stretching at his own personal heights he walked into the cafe hall and stole someone's apple and grabbed a water before heading to their woods. A place where they said it wouldn't be safe for him with all the monsters that were hiding out. But in Luke's mind, it was the perfect place to expel his energy without wanting to cause harm to anyone. Or having the need to cause harm because he became annoyed with the presence of someone watching him.

He went through the forms he'd practiced over and over again as he focused his energy into his hand, trying to train himself to bring forth the lightning faster without nearly killing himself.

Miles Akers Miles shaded his eyes as he left the pavilion, squinting up at the sun. The sun was out in full force today, and it was making everything too bright and hot for his liking. He let the girl lead the way-he really should've asked her her name before they left-since he still wasn't all that familiar with his surroundings. Considering what they were about to do, she had to be the daughter of Ceres. Wait, no. Demeter. That was the name of her Greek form, wasn't it?

He stopped next to her and silently did as she asked. He could sense the dead here, but, "What am I supposed to be looking for, exactly? Dryads? Campers? The Oracle?" Miles raised an eyebrow at her. "You think that she was killed here?" He thought about it then, the possibility that the Oracle wasn't missing at all, but that someone had buried her body somewhere around or outside of camp. But why? To what end?

Miles shook his head, clearing his thoughts. "Even if she was, I couldn't do more than sense it. I can't bring her spirit back to tell us what happened." He looked to her, waiting for her to tell him what to sense. Maybe she didn't mean the Oracle at all.

slim slim

Last edited:
takki takki

"Oh, thanks," Jin replied. He'd called her miss. She couldn't help but find that particularly endearing, especially when the boy also looked like a damn puppy dog.

"If you need anything from me, I'll be in the Poseidon cabin." Jin barely managed to suppress a snort. She didn't know where the Hermes cabin was prior to asking the boy, and somehow she'd be able to locate his? Thanks anyway, she thought.

She left the dining hall again, making a bee line for the Hermes cabin. When she entered, it was thankfully empty. Blissfully, she fell onto her bed, breathing in the smell of her bedsheets from home. Jin closed her eyes. Her bed, her packed suitcase-- still smelled like Taiwan. Dreamily, she recalled summer-hot thunderstorms and the cleansing scent of monsoon season. But that was a world away. She turned, facing the ceiling. Opened her eyes. This was where she was now, for some indefinite amount of time. Her mother didn't seem to want her home at all. Jin didn't know what she had done wrong. Coupling with Zeus was such a shame that the product of such a union had to be removed from that house. Jin sat up. That man ruined everything.

She grabbed her knapsack and a book, sliding off of her bed. Jin had seen some woods nearby the campgrounds, and they seemed to be open to campers. Thoroughly riled up and homesick, she made her way out of the cabin and toward the forest. Some time against a tree and with her nose in a book would hopefully cure her.

Near the edge of the forest was a young man practicing what looked to be some kind of martial art. But with light and electricity in his hands, it seemed. Jin nearly dropped her knapsack-- that was too similar to what Jin had done, albeit with far less control. The last time lightning danced in her palms was when her mother told Jin that Jin would be going away-- two weeks ago. And it was angry and frightening. Static furiously raced along Jin's skin throughout the argument, which had grown heated. She swung her door behind her to shut her mother out. And the doorknob sparked violently, part of the door catching on fire. Nothing but panic to put it out, to yell over the chaos at her mother and anyone else not to try and open the door, for fear that malevolent sparks still lay within the metal doorknobs, ready to consume their next victim. That was the burden that Zeus had brought upon her.

So when she'd come upon this boy, practicing in the forest, she couldn't help the words that tumbled out of her mouth.

"What are you doing?"

Winter Saint Winter Saint

John entered his dad's cabin. In the left side of the cabin was blue bunk beds made of polished sea stone. The windows were almost useless, since they face at the direction on where the Long Island Sound is. The only purposes of the windows was to exit or escape behind the cabin and spectate the sea. The walls outside were made with pressurized seashells and corals that is sturdy enough to keep the cabin standing. The walls inside glow like abalone. Also, there was a fountain in the middle of the cabin that can be used for Iris messages and drachma offerings to Poseidon.

He picked up the broom and swiped up the dirt. Since there was mostly no dirt, he quickly finished sweeping the floor up. He used a spoonful of the water in the fountain and cleaned the ceiling. He made the water dissolve after that. John sighed as he recalled a sad truth, "Two years later, and I'm still waiting for a prophecy that involves a child of the Big Three. Not to mention every god and the Oracle of Delphi has disappeared yesterday." He picked up his rapier which was resting in the wall next to his bed.

He sheathed his rapier and decided to go to the forest, since no one was interested in practicing. John exited the cabin and walked towards the forest.

Interacting with: (Open)

The air around Lucas was calm. It hadn't ruffled his shirt too much, or blew his hair in another direction as he spun on his hands, keeping the graceful crackle of the lightning, as the air around him was. In the distance he could hear children running and conversations echoing through the wind, whether it was boys and sports, or girls talking about boys...i.e. the Aphrodite children. Normally when he did things like this, he was left alone. A Roman in the woods was something these campers stood clear from.

But what interested Luke was that someone, who's electrons vibrated at the same pace his did. Able to have the lightning dance across fingertips and the same fiery temper he was touched with. So he hoped, or figured at least, that they were somehow connected. For a moment he didn't know if the new person was male of female, but then....it spoke.

'What are you doing?'
flew into his ears with a feminine tone.

"Well what does it look like? I'm playing with lightning while practicing martial arts to control the energy." he said with a sense of sarcasm coming from his lips. He hadn't turned to face the newcomer, honestly not caring that he was being watched over it reminded him of his time in Camp Jupiter. Where he was always a spectacle.

xenforo_design xenforo_design

Winter Saint Winter Saint

She watched, quietly, eyes pensive and curious. Jin didn't particularly appreciate the boy's sarcasm, especially when he spoke of manipulating energy so easily. For someone who was only recently made aware of this world, it felt almost as if she was being talked down to, and Jin was not one who appreciated being talked down to. But she was entranced by the electricity crackling in his hands, calm and controlled. There was an odd familiarity about him. It put her at ease, and paradoxically, that feeling of comfort bothered her.

"You talk about it like it's so easy," Jin muttered, her fingertips sparking blue with irritation. It was slight. Especially when she noticed her physical reaction and grew alarmed, hurriedly clasping her fingers together to shut out any more sparks. "But I've never seen anyone do that. And it's not-- it's not easy." Jin had tried. Bei Fong had attempted to teach her. They weren't particularly successful, especially when her mother has agitated her by expelling her from the household.

She sat down against a tree, staring at him shamelessly. He was a handsome young man, caramel-skinned with a charmingly mean mug. He looked muscular, too. Jin could appreciate an attractive person when she saw one. She didn't know that she particularly liked his attitude-- or that she would willingly mix with any of the weirdos here, frankly-- but he was beautiful to watch.

John greeted some campers good morning along his way to the forest. Today hasn't been a very lively day for him. The Oracle is gone, some campers aren't in the camp and some other things, like envisioning himself tripping in a rock and landing in a pud of mud. He prayed to the gods that it wouldn't happen, or he'd lock himself up in his dad's cabin for the day. He put his left hand in his left temple and plead himself to stop thinking about negative things.

When he had arrived at the forest, John saw two persons. A Roman guy. He easily noticed he was roman because of the SPQR Tattoo in his arm. And the newcomer girl, who was sitting in a tree and was staring at awe at the roman, like it was the first time she had seen one. As he got closer to where the two of them at, John felt the air crackle with electricity. That roman... Is he a son of Jupiter? John thought. He decided to go the other way around the forest and give the two privacy.

He had his right hand resting at his rapier, which was sheathed. He was wondering, When will the demigods make a move in these recent turn of events happening right now? John felt excited, yet nervous at the same time. What if they did? No... What if we did? All of these thoughts were occurring at his mind. He wasn't fantasizing. One day, the chosen demigods would bring back the Oracle of Delphi and restore the normal behavior of the gods.

John snapped out. He was walking deeper to the forest until he found someone. The man was wearing casual attire, with no armor attached to his body. He was muscular, and he looked like he was stalking someone. He said in a quiet manner, "Travis? What are you doing here?"

Interacting with: Robin man Robin man

interacting with: S n o w S n o w
Janna sighed audibly as she gazed around. She hated that everything was so complicated now. They couldn't leave the camp, their parents were talking even less to them, and to top it off, they had no clue on where to start looking for clues.

"Honestly? I heard everything through gossip. It was stupid of me to attempt trying to solve things, but it's better than sitting around and playing Capture The Flag for the rest of our lives." Janna sighed again and sat on a tree stump and put her head in her hands.

"I've never hated this camp more. It's like a prison now. I mean, the oracle wasn't much use when she was her, but this? Janna gestured to the area in an exasperated gesture. She stared at the ground for a while before looking up at the boy. He didn't seem to like her much, but nobody really did. At least there was someone interesting to talk to.

"Was it like this back at your camp? I've heard about Camp Jupiter before, and it sounds a lot more organized and fun than this place." Janna said as she gazed at him.

Miles AkersMiles didn't know why he was surprised. He hadn't expected this to work in the first place. He glanced at the trees around them, as if he would suddenly find all the answers to all of their problems written out for him on the bark. He sighed deeply.

"It's different," he agreed. "But it was never like this. Even after our Augur lost his connection to Apollo, our Praetors kept us all focused on training and preparing for the next War Game, instead of spending all of our time waiting around for a prophecy or a sign of what to do." He didn't mean it as an insult to her, or Camp Half-Blood, and hoped she didn't take it that way. "Though when our book were stolen..." Miles trailed off, shaking his head. "The point is, it never felt like a prison."

Miles thought of the way the cabins were set up to separate everyone, and his own experience in the dining pavilion. "It's definetly more organized." He muttered under his breath.

Even if their Oracle was dead, he could at least confirm it. Otherwise, following her out here would have been completely pointless. Miles knelt down and focused on the dead. He sensed Demi-gods, satyrs, and even a few dryads, but...

"I don't sense any humans." He looked up at Janna.

slim slim

Last edited:
Travis perked his head up and looked back to see the source of the voice. He saw that John was standing there. Was he following him? Travis didn't mind John since Travis wasn't doing that much better right now with Janna. Travis knew John for years now, and they were on good terms, but they weren't necessarily friends.

"Well, I'm currently following Janna and this Roman." He said softly, gesturing John to crouch down and stay hidden. "I don't trust these Romans. I want to figure out what's going on here with them. Between the Romans and the oracle disappearing, I don't know what to think right now." Travis told John in a soft voice, knowing that they weren't that far from Janna.
takki takki

John titled his head. "Well, everything was affected by the Oracle's missing presence, not only the greeks." He quietly pointed out. "The romans are our friends. They can't just betray us with the recent turn of events. Without the their help, the normal behavior of the gods and the Oracle wouldn't be the same as before." John didn't suspect the romans doing evil things. He always thought they were their friends and their third family. The first being the biological parents and the second being the greeks.

John adjusted his sword sheath so the tip of the sheath would rest on the ground. Even though he had no doubts on the roman, he decided to eavesdrop on the persons Travis was following. He knew it might be a bad thing, but, who cares? He thought. He implied to himself that he is not going to tell anyone about this.

Interacting with: Robin man Robin man

As long as the girl didn't bother him as he kept a steady heartbeat, Lucas would have no problem with her being there. The manipulation of the electrical energy was something he'd been working on for two years no, so how easily he spoke his abilities came from various stages of trial and error. With an capital E on error. The odd familiarity between the two was rising and it wouldn't take Luke that long to realize what it was, but sarcasm would be one of the main factors in his remembrance. He thought all these Camp Half-Blood brats knew something about the world that they didn't, so either this one was new, or she was just way out of the loop.

"That's what two years of burning trees gets you. An appreciation about how easy it actually is." Luke said catching a glimpse of the crackle that sparked from his tips. He had figured she knew about the tendencies of out of control lightning, especially with the way she closed off the sparks that tickled the tips of his fingers. "Well now you have seen it. And it is definitely easy." he stated as he shoved his hand into the nearest tree and pulling it out without a scratch.

"Yea go ahead sit down. I enjoy company,"
Lucas said as he took a deep breath holding himself from indulging in too much negative energy. He hadn't took a full look at her yet, but the way she spoke was elegant, which meant she'd probably grew up in a strict household. Which at the moment was all he really knew about her, and the possibility that they could be related.

xenforo_design xenforo_design

Janna nodded her head as he spoke. She saw how the Romans, or at least this one, held their heads. They kind of radiated power, or something along the lines of something that commanded respect. Their camp seemed more like a boot camp than anything else. Camp half-blood was just the camp you chilled around and sometimes went off to kill things. There was no set order or anything. You worked independently unless it was for some quest or Capture the Flag, etc. She didn't really know how she managed to pass the time truthfully.
She watched him press his hands to the ground and his eyelids seemed to move, and he opened then and confirmed her thoughts. They didn't seem to know what to do.
"Well, try calling up the Dryad. She might have something useful." Janna said.
mentioned: S n o w S n o w

Users who are viewing this thread

Back