• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

AlphaBlueWolf

Moonchaser
Roleplay Type(s)
Welcome to someone who doesn't know anything about dinosaurs making a dinosaur rp because hello interesting concept! Anyways, this is an interest check to see if people would be interested in this. If a couple people are interested than I'll make it official. I wanna keep this small too so yeah. On to plot!

What if dinosaurs had never in fact gone extinct? What if the meteor hadn't struck? What if dinosaurs were a part of the modern world? The result would still lead to modern society, just with different measures. Walls would be placed around major cities. Dinosaurs would be in the wild like any other animal. However, they would be more of a threat than regular animals. Their populations would be severely controlled. Even those that lived in the wild would be limited. Cities were kept isolated from dinosaurs, told they were dangerous creatures, but there were some humans who grew to love the destructive beasts. While politics rage in the war of whether or not to kill off the species of dinosaurs that roam the wild, there are humans who run conservation efforts. One such effort is Camp Creta, a summer camp for children spanning from middle schools to high schools all around the globe. Camp Creta is located in Oregon's finest national park, Comet Falls. There it houses many different species of dinosaurs in hospitable environments for both dinosaur and human. There hasn't been a loss since the 90's, so cheer up! The camp is perfectly safe!

Camp Creta offers teens the chance to learn about dinosaurs up close rather than just being told they're dangerous. Campers will be assigned to a dinosaur after a day to observe who fits with who. During the duration of each camper's stay, it will be their responsibility to look after their assigned dinosaur and complete a field journal about that specific dinosaur to be presented at the end of the summer. The journal is not just to include facts about the species, but facts about that particular dinosaur itself. Despite the dinosaur responsibilities, the camp also offers the whole regular camp experience that kids will be more familiar with.

Camp Creta sure seems like a dream to those who have hearts filled with forbidden love for dinosaurs however it may be the camp's last year to offer kids with their dinosaur outlet. Camp Creta has been racking up massive amounts of debt, drama, and lawsuits concerning that one accidental camper death in the 90's. People have been suspicious of the camp for years, with parents worrying if it was actually safe for kids to attend. Now the camp is knee deep in a lawsuit that threatens to shut down the camp, preying on what happened on accident in the 90's. Those fun childhood memories could be ending sooner than everyone thinks. Ending with their beloved dinosaurs caged and killed as well as the camp shut down.

AlphaBlueWolf AlphaBlueWolf

Sign me up, and if you have ANY dinosaur/paleo questions you want answered to make this RP better, fire 'em at me. I'm the rare freak who reads the journal papers for fun.

Eh, the usual. Good grammar, no one-liners. At least a paragraph for responses, I'd say. More is good too, though I just want to steer away from one-liners as that's a fast track to a dead rp.

No age restrictions. Anyone and everyone is welcome. I wouldn't say really any rules besides just the general paragraph minimum response and good grammar.

Fairly frequent. The aim would be for maybe at least one post every day. But that might be me being hopeful. I don't fault anyone for being busy and not being able to reply for a few days. I get that sometimes. So, like a post a day to every few days would be the requirement, I guess.

I should be able to do one post a day, just not weekends (I reserve that time for my family).
Nice! You can go into the OOC page and that'll have links in it to both the lore thread and character sheet thread. You can go ahead and drop a sheet in. We haven't officially started the rp.

Great! Once again, you can make your way over to the character sheet thread and get up a character. The link is up in the OOC page.

Super interested! Will be dropping im a Character page soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back