• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Calo - IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

Arcanimus

You can jump in as soon as you've posted your character sheet so that others can reference it if needed and so on.

'To think it's been just about 8 years now....' : Thought Coyote. He was sorting through their medical supplies as he looked at a corresponding medical formula reference textbook. He was always checking on their stocks. Things like; is there enough soap, do we have enough rubbing alcohol, disinfectant? Are there enough gauze wraps, enough bandages. What do I have to create, how long will it take? Besides being one of the longest standing members of The Dragons, he was their supplier. He helped make everyone's lives easier. He made most of their daily necessities in his spare time. He also cooked, cleaned, and helped with Spirit's more secretive projects at times. Coyote could make just about anything as long as he knew how it was made, how it was combined, and had either seen a reference of it, or touched it himself. Making the stuff wasn't hard, it really wasn't much of a strain. It was just mentally tiring being their stock keeper. He still had to worry about building more fortifications on the school even if it was sometimes pointless. Looking secure was a great way to feel secure in your own home.

Being the all-rounder of a group is quite tough. He knew how to do a bit of everything. After all, he was always reading and practicing out in the 'field' of Calo. But it felt good to be relied upon. Glancing towards the window he saw the sun just rising too midday. It was time to work. Taking his list and reference materials he went back to his room, the closest one from Spirit's. He always like to be nearby. Plus being close to where most of their clothing and medical supplies were was helpful. To start with he made three red leather bags marked with a red cross on them. Making them water proof and sealed tight with both a zipper and Velcro. Setting those aside he began making rolls of gauze, bandages, and cold compresses. Then he made three small clay bottles with a corked lid in which he put pre-threaded needles for stitches, as we all couldn't be flame and ice users like some people. You had to close wounds the natural way. He then began creating powdered willow bark, one of the strongest and most easily attainable natural pain killers. Pouring the substance into another set of flask-sized bottles, he marked the bottles with instructions on how to mix them with water before use and how much.

'Wonder what the rest of them are up to?' Looking once more towards the window. 'Summer isn't going to last forever. We're gonna need more food... Damn.'

Arcanimus Arcanimus RoseSparrow RoseSparrow Northanger Northanger sophie. sophie.

Last edited:
The classroom closest to the library is where Olivia took up her residence. There are so many plants in here it's almost like being in a little jungle at times and the chairs and tables are all ergonomic, comfortable, though often Olivia chooses to sit on the floor mats at the low tables, or on the couch that she had gotten from inside the library and dragged it to her room. There was a few bean bags within the library which she left in there for a more comfortable reading experience in the library. Olivia could imagine what this building was like before mutants began to gain their powers. In her head this is what Olivia pictured, the halls were crowded with people, and the chaos was so perfect, like a movie. There was the couple that was always making out on the left side of the hall, and about ten feet farther down, the cliquey girls. Opposite them, the cliquey jocks, and between them, the parade of band geeks with their huge instrument cases. After all, didn't all schools have cliques? The hallways are dark marble floors and white walls, not a hand print or scuff mark anywhere. The doors are a glossy black, numbered with silver digits that match the globe shaped handles. It isn't just the materials though, it's the dimensions, with the width being twice as wide as her previous school.

The library on the other hand was Olivia's second favorite place at this school considering that Spirit did everything in his power to maintain the cleanliness and the amount of books there. Row after row of neatly lined up books with their spines facing outward, color coded with dots, fiction section arranged in alphabetical order, young adults section, children's section with low shelves and floor cushions, comfortable leather arm chairs, tables for quiet study, and a muffled stillness.
In her arms she carried books on plants, medical books and others for Coyote who was their main supplier. Olivia had to hand it to him he had a pretty nifty ability to be able to create things, but he did have his limits just like all of them had their limits. Her round thin-rimmed glasses were slipping down her nose as she knocked on Coyote's door with the toe of her shoe. She wanted to help out as much as possible but Coyote was more of a 'silent' guard type. Liked to keep to himself until you got him talking about food. Meal times were Olivia's social times with Coyote because he always seemed to become slightly more animated when discussing food. Over the three years that she had been a part of The Dragons her and Coyote had become like siblings. Although, right now, he seemed to be in deep thought. Once more she knocked harder with the toe of her shoe trying to get his attention. The books were getting heavy and her arms were shaking a little, not only were their books on medicine but plants and farming so perhaps there was something they could do for the upcoming fall. Like a greenhouse or perhaps tools to begin planting. Whatever the case, she hoped she helped a little.

SilentRain SilentRain Arcanimus Arcanimus sophie. sophie. Northanger Northanger

Renfred was currently walking on the streets, not far from the school. The many abandoned houses at first made him think of a zombie apocalypse, but the few people walking around showed that it wasn't the case. He was heading towards the school, holding on his hand was a small bags with a pair of books, and a few lollipops for Spirit. He had stolen the books.

He had been searching for food, but only found an abandoned candy store. All of them were rotten except some airtight sealed lollipops. It was disgusting but he entered and took the pops, then left. He found several things along the road but he didn't took anything because Coyote could create almost anything. He entered several malls and stores, but all of them had been already looted.

And while returning, he found a abandoned library. Most of the books had been burnt by some madman, but he found a pair of intact ones. He took them, because most of the books on the library were already read. And he wasn't the kind of person that would re-read a book. And now he was returning to the school to report to Spirit and repart the booty.

When he arrived at the school, he went directly to Spirit room. He knocked three times in on the door, and waited.

Arcanimus Arcanimus

Spirit had been sitting at his desk when he heard the knocking at his door, he immediately got out of his chair, of which was a swivel chair that was in the principal's office before he renovated it.

He then went to the door, opening it to find Renfred of whom he smiled at as he saw the bag, "Got some loot?" He had known Renfred for a while now and felt comfortable enough to be casual with him. Though it wasn't like he was very proper in the first place, as he was now leaning against the door frame eyeing the bag and smiling as he saw at least what he thought was the shape of books.

Northanger Northanger

Spirit had been sitting at his desk when he heard the knocking at his door, he immediately got out of his chair, of which was a swivel chair that was in the principal's office before he renovated it.

He then went to the door, opening it to find Renfred of whom he smiled at as he saw the bag, "Got some loot?" He had known Renfred for a while now and felt comfortable enough to be casual with him. Though it wasn't like he was very proper in the first place, as he was now leaning against the door frame eyeing the bag and smiling as he saw at least what he thought was the shape of books.

Northanger Northanger
"Hi, Spirit." Renfred said. "Yes, I found two books and several lollipops, but I couldn't find any food." He answered. Renfred was formal even now. It wasn't that he didn't trusted Spirit, he just was like that. "Almost every food store has been looted." Renfred then gave the bag to Spirit. "What are we going to do about the food?" Renfred asked.

Arcanimus Arcanimus

'Ok, so we need more clothes and sewing supplies' Kate made a note to herself as she made her way carefully through the long since abandoned houses. Glass crinkled under her boots as she walked carefully though. These houses were abandoned soon after the world turned upside down from the revolution. The family didn't want to stay long when the 'mutants' started the raids. But even if still abandoned and mostly picked clean of everything, kate needed to be careful. More than once had she had the luxury of accidentally stumbling into a temporary camp that some surviving independent group had set up in an abandoned building. Kate absentmindedly shifted her bad that was slung against her back as she started up to the 2nd floor, making sure her feet landed softly. 'Clothes and sewing supplies, then head back to the group,' She repeated again.

It was unusual to see a taker separated from their group. Most usually tended to stick with each other whenever possible even when in the 'comforts' of their home base. And kate is usually the same way, but right now she was alone. Her groups' unelected leader was talking with her group about clothes and innovative ways to make clothes and other things that could help themselves... and the rest of the gang. That gave Kate her own idea and now she was here alone, not that kate minded too much. But it was always better to have someone to be there to look after to back.

Kate paid no mind to the ruined mess of what used to be a pretty good house around her as she started to look through the rooms. It was almost all picked clean form either gangs or anyone remaining. However, her eyes sparkled as she opened up the linen closet and found just a single towel remaining and a what appeared to be Disney princess bed-sheet cover. 'Score.' Kate mentally thought as she quickly shoved them into her bag. It was funny to think that just a few years ago this was considered stupid to be so happy over. Much less breaking into a house at any kind of day.

Spirit's smile faded at the question about the food, he knew never to say 'I don't know' to anyone except his siblings at this point.

"The garden produced quite a bit this summer, so we didn't dip too much into our stocked canned goods, but I think we're gonna have to try to loot out some houses at the edge of our territory at this point to be comfortable. I'll talk with Twister and Kras and set up some search parties."

His smile returned, "I presume the lollipops were a present for me?"

Northanger Northanger

Rayna groaned. She had been sitting in her bed for an entire hour in boredom, waiting for something interesting to happen. Nothing happened, which meant she was left to go explore on her own. Sad.

She rolled herself off of the mattress and out of the room. Her hair was probably a little messy, and she looked mildly angry from doing nothing. The teenager was walking towards the exit to find some action on the streets.

“Hey, Icecube, where ya going?” One of the older gang members caught her, using one of her many nicknames. She rolled her eyes from behind her back and sighed.

“Out,” She said simply. Rayna knew not to give too many details. “Don’t tell Spirit, ok?” The girl had been known to cause drama within the gangs, and she didn’t want him to worry too much. She didn’t wait for anyone to protest her trip outside and left the building. From there, she would wander until she found somewhere interesting.

After finding nothing much of interest, other than a small container of lipstick that was tucked away in the corner of the master bedroom, kate started to take her leave. The small woman was careful walking down the stairs as he eyes flicked worriedly around the room before heading out through the back entrance. Once she was free, Kate carefully flung her bag onto the ground and took out a map. She put a triangle on the house she just went through before shoving it back into her bag and heading out into the streets. 'Always stay cautious.' Her cousins' words echoed through her head as Kate made her way around the concrete jungle of a crowded neighborhood. Kate bearly side glanced at the people walking past as she gripped her bag tighter. With how little supplies are running and from the stories she had heard from other members of their gang... she didn't want to hurt anyone.

The sound of yelling caught kate out of her clouded thoughts quickly. The woman glanced around before spotting what looked to be a pair of mutants battling it out on one of the side streets. Curiosity getting the better of her, Kate carefully walked over and looked around to what the fight. It isn't uncommon to see fights going on either in the middle of the streets or in gang bases (depending on what gang you are in any way). From what she could tell, it appeared to be fighting between a fire-bender and a sound-bender.
sophie. sophie.

Spirit's smile faded at the question about the food, he knew never to say 'I don't know' to anyone except his siblings at this point.

"The garden produced quite a bit this summer, so we didn't dip too much into our stocked canned goods, but I think we're gonna have to try to loot out some houses at the edge of our territory at this point to be comfortable. I'll talk with Twister and Kras and set up some search parties."

His smile returned, "I presume the lollipops were a present for me?"

Northanger Northanger

"Yes." He said. "Coyote can't make them, so I brought them to you. I don't really like them." He said. Sweets weren't his thing. He preferred real food, like bread or rice. "Well, goodbye." Renfred said and then started to walk away, he wasn't good conversing. Now that he had done his duty he had free time. He deciced to spent it in the library, reading the few last books that he hadn't read yet.

Snapping out of his daydream after hearing the muted tapping at his door a few times, Coyote sighed 'What would it be this time?' Standing up from his desk Coyote crossed his surprisingly spartan room to open the door to one of their more established members. 'If I remember correctly; this ones name is... Olivia. Right? The sound user.'

Seeing the books in her arms, he could generally assume what she was here for. Giving her the slightest of nods, he takes the books from her arms without a word. Making space on his now cluttered desk pushing the new first-aid supplies aside, to make room for the new project he assumed he was going to be working on. Glancing at them he saw more medical books 'a good choice' and then the ones on farming supplies to which he paused for a moment.

'It seems that we older members need to step up the game, if all the young ones are getting worried about food as well.' Grabbing one of the bags off the table, he slung it over his shoulder. Heading towards the door he paused as he left the room. Thinking over possible options, organizing his thoughts. 'The farming supplies will have to wait for a bit. The best point of action would be to look for trade amongst the Fangs. The Takers my next best bet. Lets give this little shrimp a reason to worry a bit less.'

Trussing Olivia's head with his hand as he walked by, he went to the wardrobe just down the hall closest to Spirit's room, Speaking of whom seemed to be chatting at the door with another one of their latest members. Grabbing one of his favorite leather jackets, and an even larger duffle bag to strap along his back aside the medical pack he once more stepped into the hallway. Glancing over Spirit and making direct eye contact him simply stated. "I'm heading out." Coughing slightly after the fact, as merely speaking some time without drinking before hand hurt like hell. Knowing that Spirit would hear him, he just raised an arm and waved back in a temporary farewell.

'I wonder if she'll follow as usual, the little scamp' Glancing at Olivia once more from the side of his vision as he turned to leave the building through the door to the outside in the wardrobe room. 'Who knows. She could be a useful negotiator. It'd be much easier than writing the Fangs a trading statement like usual. I just hope nothings got them all riled up. I don't like harming animals...'

Arcanimus Arcanimus RoseSparrow RoseSparrow Arcanimus Arcanimus Northanger Northanger sophie. sophie.

"Bye," Spirit said to Renfred as he checked out the lollipops, and gave a confirming nod to Coyote, unsure of what he plans but hoping for the best anyways.

Selecting a lollipop, he made his way towards his sibling's rooms, of which neither was far down the hall. He didn't really knock on Mickey's door, more like gave a warning tap before he opened the door for himself. Luckily, he was awake "Meet me in my office, we need to talk,"

"I didn't do-"

"Official business talk, don't want to know or care what you were about to deny, for now."

He then closed the door and went to Kras's room, this time actually knocking on the door like a proper being. When she opened the door, "What do you want?"

"Meet me in my office, we need to talk,"

"Whatever you think I-"

"Why do both my siblings have guilty conscious's, eh? It's for official business."

He then made his way back to his office, he preferred to keep 'business' talks between only him and his siblings, he's talked to Coyote a few times vaguely. But he wouldn't doubt that Coyote knew exactly what he was talking about every time. Coming into the group right after Magic Paws had 'gone away', it was odd timing but The Dragons needed a new medic.

They ended up having a lengthy meeting about it, Mickey wanting to make some trade deals- of which Spirit wouldn't be at all surprised if that was exactly what Coyote was doing, but he didn't voice that. In the end, he and Kras would go on two separate runs with whoever wanted to come, and see what can be looted that hasn't been. Border houses are always iffy, since it's not like gangs put red chalk where the line is, so to be safe they were doing a sweep on the block before the border.

Olivia, with her trussed up hair, also grabbed a bag following Coyote as usual when he went out scavenging or trading. Walking fast next to him Olivia remembered how the city of Calo used to look before the war. Where there once was smooth grey concrete, kept clean by the robotic street workers in orange jackets, now cracks and has pioneering weeds. The buildings are long over-due for a pressure wash. The city planted saplings that have exploded in their pots, given more time they will either break their man-made prisons or die, root bound and weak. The wind passes almost unhindered, passing down the streets faster than a freight train and howling just the same. In the plaza there are still fashionable store signs for coffee shops and delis, but all had been looted barren. Our city is mostly abandoned, the buildings are shells, no longer receiving power and running water. Some of us stay, stick it out farming the gardens left behind, but with Summer ending and Fall approaching, food was going to become inaccessible, if it wasn’t already.
It’s like we had to lose the world to get grounded in what humans need: Family, love, togetherness, and God.’

Olivia hiked up her bag on her shoulder after it slipped down, nudging Coyote with her arm. He was the older brother she never had and even though he was silent, he was kind, until provoked and truthfully Olivia enjoyed his presence above others. Spirit is an amazing leader. Spirit had to be strict when times were rough, but Coyote ... he was stoic, an anchor to the lost and a gentle guide to help you get back on track. Olivia stuck her tongue out at him, nudging him again trying to lighten the obvious tension of the hunt for food and the journey to trade with the Fangs gang. The road stretches onward, hugging the land, taking each turn in easy stride. It is a grey that has welcomed many suns and became silvery as it soaked in the rays.

However, upon walking miles on end, Olivia became cautious as they approached a small planetarium. The Calo Planetarium, built in the late 1960s, features a 30 foot dome and a Spitz A-3-P star projector. Years ago, when Olivia had been in middle school, her class had gone on a field trip to the planetarium. The magnificent show had intrigued her mind of the universe and how could have one created such a thing, but that was then. Now, it was dark and the Ebony Lions were in control of this area. Olivia huddled closer to Coyote, staying alert, as a few members of the Ebony Lions stepped out into the afternoon sunlight.

A man stood out amongst the others. His face was stern and his big boots made a rhythmical noise against the road, solid and regular like a soldier. He wore a long, dark brown trench coat, black pants and a brown hat. His dark eyes held a focused gaze that was hard as steel. Olivia raised her hand in a greeting, calling out with a soft voice, but one that carried to the group despite its softness. Her voice could be described as sweet, but held no youth of a child. It was a young woman’s voice. Olivia, after all, was a Sonokinesis, a sound manipulator and user.

Hello! You must be the Ebony Lions, we mean you no trouble, just passing through.”
Olivia gave a brief nod, waiting on bated breath after she spoke to see what this neighboring gang would do.

The Shining Man The Shining Man SilentRain SilentRain . Arcanimus Arcanimus

Last edited:
Candy-

The tall woman walked with powerful grace as she stepped to the front of her members that had gathered, and smiled.

"Yes, we are the Ebony Lions, and you are?" She'd heard excuses of "passing through" in the past, not that she had any negative intentions with her tone or word choice. In fact, her tone was more light, nice.

She observed the two in front of her, the male at least seemed faintly familiar, may be attached to a gang leader she saw more often than others. The female, not so much, but it was definite that she had never been formally introduced to either.

She half took note of the members that had come out, her electrokinesis Sparky was in the crowd and so was Apostle her two "hands" so to speak when it came to her leadership. And about half the population of the gang was outside with them, who could tell how many were hiding out in buildings or alley's watching.

RoseSparrow RoseSparrow The Shining Man The Shining Man SilentRain SilentRain

The distinct sound of chatter contrasted harshly with the normal mellow blow of wind. It was noticeable enough to wake Apostle from his light nap. Rubbing his eyes, he rolled off the soft mossy beam he had been dozing on. He half hardheartedly smoothed his disheveled clothes before making his way through the collapsed building. On the top floor, covered by young shrubbery. Two Ebony Lions argued back and forth while looking towards the distance. "What seems to be the concern gentleman" Apostle spoke up. The sudden appearance of one their boss caught them off guard. "Sir! Oh, it was- just, uh" He eyed the young member thoughtfully as he stumbled through his sentence. "Strangers Apostle Sir. Ya, intruders, they've actually came pretty deep into our territory" Apostle held out his hand expectantly. He looked carefully through the boys binoculars, searching in the direction he had pointed him. It was true through the scratched lens, he fallowed a pair walking through the fractured streets. Close enough to be spotted from the Planetarium. "Fine then, go tell Candy, I'll started making my way over there" He said handing back the binoculars. The pair quickly speed off with little of a goodbye.

Apostle prepared himself as he marched on an intercept course of the interlopers. Tugging tightly a pair of well worn combat gloves, he heard the distinctive thumping of multiple personal running towards him. Glancing behind him, he spotted a small group of the Lion's combat members running towards Apostle. headed by none other than their fearless leader herself. Before she got a chance to say anything, Apostle quickly filled her in on the situation without breaking stride. "I think we should make our presence known, show of force and all" he continued. "Sounds good to me" grinning as she took the lead from Apostle. "Hang on there Sasquatch" He quickly interjected. "We don't want to go start a war with another gang, it's just bad for everyone" They soon reached a shaded building, long since looted. From the shadows They spotted the pair strolling through the streets. On his single they stepped out into the light stopping the intruders in their tracks.

Apostle stood tall, backed by the other members. Quietly assessing the two marks. A a taller boy one to rival the height of Candy, around the age of twenty five and a girl of much smaller stature. She had black curly hair and more around the age of twenty. Guessing from the direction they where coming from and their clothes. he would guess they where from either the Dragons or Fangs. He was sure to keep his guard up despite their attempts to show otherwise. Out of the corner of his eye he spotted more members moving in, slowly encircling the intruders. Candy made her presence known not to be out done. "Your a long way from home, it's not very nice to loot in other gangs territory, some people might get the wrong idea" Backing up his boss, he took a more serious tone in contrast with her more sunny tone

RoseSparrow RoseSparrow SilentRain SilentRain Arcanimus Arcanimus

'…. and this is why you don't cross through the center of the city... I should have known better than to let Olivia lead. We are way off course, and could have avoided this entire mess. If we make it out of here unscathed or without issue, it'll be a damn miracle.' Glancing around Coyote took a look at their current situation. His face a mask, his horrendous scars somewhat shining in the rays of the sun cast off broke glass. His eyes slowly looked about him but keeping Candy and one her fellow leaders in at least the corner of his eyes at all times. 'We are really out in the left field. I'm going to seriously have to sit down with all the newbies and tell them what's what. You just don't go prodding into Lion territory. They were nicknamed the anarchists for a reason. I might be able to do some light trading and trade a favor for a favor in letting them pass. I'll owe them something, which wasn't the best outcome. Every debt came with a price. You never knew if you'd be able to pay....' Just listening Coyote could hear that there were others behind him. He knew they were surrounded. They had plenty to bargain with, and potentially secure a way out. 'I really hope my luck hasn't run out yet.. I don't think I'll be able to bring her along next time. Following or not.'

' I'll offer a small trade deal. Or at least an information for material deal. I could help solve their power supply in trading for accurate information. They have the most eyes after all. They are always causing trouble everywhere, so they'll know a bit more than the rest.' Putting both bags that he was carrying on the ground slowly and cautiously so as not to provoke anyone or start a fight. He pointed that he was going to reach into his pocket. Moving his jacket out of the way so that Candy and her men could see, he slowly pulled out a small pad of paper and a worn down pencil. Once that was accomplished Coyote slowly wrote on one of the slips of paper. [ I want to propose a trade of sorts. Information for Non-food supplies. I hear you need things to keep the planetarium running. Maybe we can have a deal. ] After finishing his note. Coyote ripped the sheet off and offered it forward. He wouldn't take the initiative and step closer. They could take that as a sign of provocation. 'Offering a relationship of equal benefits without anyone being put under was putting forward a sign of trust. Coyote knew that they would both bargain for terms, but he would have to wait and see if his proposal was even accepted. If so. Then maybe they'd get lucky. If not... He'd hope that they'd only keep him there, and not Olivia.

Candy-

"Sparky, would you be a dear?" She said gesturing to the male's extended paper, the crowd that had gathered seemed too jittery in her opinion for her to make any steps herself and was glad the male hadn't done so.

Sparky nodded and walked over to retrieve the paper from the male, he didn't even glance at its contents before folding it and then walking back to Candy and handing it to her folded. She took the paper from Sparky and read it over, her expression shifted from a half smirk to her eyebrows knitting together, she gestured for Apostle to come and read it as well.

Sure there were supplies they could use to make life easier, but depending on the information he wanted, it wasn't anything she would stake anyone's safety over.

The Shining Man The Shining Man

Apostle kept a sharp eye on the scared male's movements. By this time he had crossed his arms raising one figure ever so slightly. He was prepared to push Candy out of the way if any funny business went down. The guys motions where painstakingly deliberate. Obviously not want to deteriorate their situation any more. It was curious though, that he choose to write then. Ya know, talk.

"What's the matter, the Mutie loose his tongue?" He read the note at Candy's beckoning. Letting out a huge exhale, he rubbed his drowsy eyes. "Honestly I was just thinking of turning them into cans of dog food" Stating it coolly. Not that it was true, it was to much effort to start a war. Not that he wanted to start one in the first place, but at the very least they had to keep up face. Ya can't just take a Sunday stroll through the Lion's territory. He let hos words sink in for dramatic effect before throwing them a bone. "Buuuuut, war's not good for business" Shrugging. "I'd be willing to make a trade, though I may have doubts about your intelligence, information is key" He relaxed some, feeling the tension eased up some. "At least that's my opinion Boss" Turning the attention back to Candy.

Arcanimus Arcanimus SilentRain SilentRain RoseSparrow RoseSparrow

Candy-
She nodded, "I don't believe we have any pet dogs around though, and I wouldn't want to get to close to a stray...we aren't Fangs after all." She fake pondered it for about a half second before continuing, "Fine. I agree to listen to your proposal, and then we can decide the details or if there even will be any to discuss."

She wasn't ashamed about getting council but would like to not have this a gang wide debate, she didn't want to particularly bring them inside their base so she turned to Apostle to ask directly. At normal speaking volume rather than the tone she had been using as to be heard by many people, "An idea of where we can discuss this? I'm not fond of bringing them inside our home, nor discussing in the open street."

All thoughts have the potential to grow toxic, but insecurities are born hungry. ‘This was a bad idea... I should have let Coyote lead the way... now he surely won’t let me go anywhere.’
Olivia’s heart thumped as the gang surrounded her and Coyote. Suddenly everything around her looked fragile,inconsequential and common. Olivia heard the boss of the Ebony Lions speak and then the man that she had spotted out before. He made fun of Coyote and a soft whirring began to echo in her ears, she knew she was getting close to lashing out with a sound wave but she quickly grabbed Coyote’s hand to stall her outburst.

PTSD flashbacks of her and Connor... what her power had done... how she was at fault. For all her casualness Olivia’s paper thin underneath. She’d never lash out, only make a self-deprecating joke. A bleeding heart gets you nowhere in this town.

“How about we meet across the street in the art plaza? It’s safe and relatively closed off.”
Olivia made sure her soft voice carried to Apostle and Candy, just before she tugged Coyote’s hand and lead him slowly,cautiously to the art plaza. Once inside, there is a painting that dominates the walls, every color is bold and painted with such precise lines that it almost looks like a mosaic. They are curved yet sharply defined; they seem to be stable but tumble at the same time.
‘Like me’ Olivia thought, so stable but always in free-fall on the inside. Olivia is soft but can lampoon people who spark her anxieties without meaning to. She is bright but often feels painted onto the background, like there really isn’t anything of substance inside. Olivia hoped that there was. She hoped there was more meaning in her bones than tumbling,chaotic colors.

Olivia bowed her head and whispered an apology to Coyote.

“I’m sorry... I didn’t mean for this to happen. “
Olivia sighed and leaned against Coyote, what was an adventure and that was care free, had now turned into stress and turmoil. Olivia was tired and wanted nothing more than to just get to the Fangs gang then get back home to the school where she could hide underneath her blankets for a few hours and deal with her stress and depression.

SilentRain SilentRain The Shining Man The Shining Man Arcanimus Arcanimus

Candy-
She made a gesture for Apostle to come as well and then went for the art gallery. She didn't have any problems with the choice, and she figured it would be best to get the meeting over with. As much as she preferred to be in control, she'd let the location slip.

When entering the building she didn't immediately speak, instead, standing with her arms crossed and a demeanor of command. Preferring to let them have a breath of space to initiate the bargain, instead of forcing her way. As of now.

The Shining Man The Shining Man RoseSparrow RoseSparrow SilentRain SilentRain

Users who are viewing this thread

Back