• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Callow's Cardboard Box of One on Ones

Callow

Sarcastic

tumblr_m6bvuqfIjy1rslzvxo1_400.gif

Well, I suppose it's a tad larger than a cardboard box.

Hello everyone.

Despite having found and joined this site a little over two weeks ago, I've yet to post a single thing — up until now, of course. This'll be a sort of initiation; my transition from lurking in the shadows to coming out into the open. I'm
itching to start writing with someone — to tell a story by weaving my own ideas with those of another. There were some recruitment ads that caught my attention, but there was always something that stopped me from answering: the user closing the thread/not looking for any more partners, me thinking I wouldn't have the time to keep a roleplay alive, or just never getting around to giving a response, among other things. Now that I've actually gone and committed myself to creating a request, I think I'll (hopefully) be able to find partners and get things rolling.

I guess that's a decent enough introduction; it meets my standard of one, anyway. I don't want to drone on too much in the beginning and scare anyone off, because that would just be sad, wouldn't it? As much as I don't want to state them, I
do have some requirements that I would appreciate my partner meeting. I don't like free-for-alls; I prefer structure. However, I believe it would be helpful to do a quick ‘About Me’ relating to my writing before I continue on about specifications.

R e g a r d i n g . C a l l o w:

• Contradicting my choice of username, I am not inexperienced when it comes to writing. I can say with certainty that I've been roleplaying in some shape or form for about five years now, and I've adopted tendencies, styles, quirks, and other things of the like from the various partners that I've been with during that time. I by no means would call myself an expert, as I try to constantly improve, but I like to think that I'm pretty literate — grammar and spelling are not an issue for me.

• An average post of mine would be approximately three to five paragraphs. There is a high chance that I will write more — I tend to like creating long responses — but a low chance that I will write less. I've made a personal goal to not submit a reply that has lower than three paragraphs, because I feel as though anything shorter does not give my partner enough to respond to.

• I've just started school again today (September 4th). I will not be able to respond every day, and I will not be able to respond every two days. I'll probably only be able to find the time to write up a post or two a week. Anything more will be a rare occurrence, I believe. If you are someone who needs multiple posts in quick succession, I can tell you right now that this thread is not for you.

I think that it about me; three simple things is all I need to share. Of course, if I think of anything else, it'll be edited into this post. As for what I expect from you, it's quite the standard protocol.

R e g a r d i n g . Y o u:

• I would really appreciate is you could — at the very least — mirror my minimum. I would absolutely love you to death if you can match my length or write longer than it, but I'll leave the requirement at a trio of decent paragraphs (the exception is when there is a lot of dialogue since there will be breaks between different characters speaking). Grammar and spelling, as per usual, would be very, very welcome. Typos, of course, or any other unintentional mistake, are perfectly alright.

• My character is my character, and yours is yours and all that jazz. You aren't entitled to things that are not yours, so controlling my character is not something you are allowed to do. He/she is my character for a reason; I created him/her, so I play them. It's all simple, really. In addition, my character may not initially like yours (they may never like him/her) but that
does not reflect my personal views on you. I write my character akin to their personality. I may love you to pieces, but my character has a mind of his/her own. Just a heads up so you aren't led on to believe that I have a disliking for you when, in reality, I probably like you quite a lot.

That's all I have for stipulations, really. I suppose that after reading through everything, you want to get on to the ideas and pairings. I can gladly oblige — although there are a few more things I want to clarify as they pertain to roles and such.

T h i n g s . Y o u . N e e d . T o . K n o w:

• The role in the pairings that is
bolded is the one I would rather play, *asterisks* are placed beside the ones that I'm dying to do, and anything with an underline means that I have a vague or basic plot already in mind.

• These can be romantic or platonic depending on which you would prefer. If you'd rather the characters develop a friendship over a relationship, then that is fine with me. Whichever makes you more comfortable. Moreover, if you decide you want romance, I can do both heterosexual (MxF) or homosexual (MxM/FxF) pairings; it's up to you. They will be listed as heterosexual below, but any of them can be changed to homosexual at your request. It is to be noted that I don't like having one character submissive and the other dominant, and that I prefer the characters to be a mix of the two.

• Some of these pairings of seen floating around the site, and I've decided to use them. I don't take credit for any of their creations.

• I don't necessarily have plots for
all of these. I like to have a discussion with my partner about the idea so that we both have equal say in whatever we decide to do. By all means — if you have a suggestion for any of the pairings, let me know!

P a i r i n g s

Coffee shop worker (F) x Coffee shop worker (M) **

Coffee shop worker (F) x Customer (M) ** / Coffee shop worker (M) x Customer (F) **

Best friend (F) x Best friend (M)

Amnesiac (F) x Boyfriend (M)

Superhero (F) x Civilian (M)

Superhero (F) x Supervillain (M) / Superhero (M) x Supervillain (F) **

Superhero (F) x Superhero (M)

Mechanic (F) x Cyborg (M) ** / Mechanic (M) x Cyborg (F)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd love to try a Mechanic/Cyborg with you. Fair warning: I consider myself a decent writer, but I'm new to roleplaying. It may take quite a bit of difficulty for me to learn how to write enough for your standards. I'm mostly just trying to learn for now, but I'd like to roleplay with someone of your apparent experience. If you don't want to, that's fine. I'm just saying that if you're okay with me still trying to write long responses, I'd like to RP with you.

Hi there! シ

Coffee Shop Worker/Coffee Shop Worker and Best Friend/Best Friend both look wonderful, if you'd be up for one of them.

@Habit

Squee! I'm elated to see that I've already sparked interest. I - sadly - cannot PM yet, as I haven't hit the requirement of ten posts, so if you could shoot me a conversation message instead, we could get to the discussion! I'll try to reply as soon as I'm able.

I'd love to try your amnesiac/boyfriend idea (I actually had a similar one floating around a few days ago). If you're still on the lookout, I'll PM you~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back