• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Call to people who like DND!

Oumscar

nah.
Waaaaaassup ya'll!

I'm looking for a group of 4-5 people to play in a 5e campaign I've been wanting to DM! I'm super excited for this, so I didn't have the patience to write out a whole thang, but here's a brief summary of what I had in mind:

The city of Nightfall was the shining capital of The Expanse. A sprawling city of winding roads, and people of every nation and race. Looking over a vast glittering sea, and surrounded by towering stone walls, Nightfall was the city of dreams, and opportunity that so many sought to explore. Most of all, however, Nightfall was known for it's world-class mages. On almost every street-corner, signs promoting high-quality potions, or a beginners guide to sorcery, magic was the lifeblood of the city. Yet, like so many before, it's greatest strength eventually became it's greatest weakness. Those highest in the many mage guilds, and governmental agencies began exploring the deeper, more ancient fields of magic. Magic that had been untouched, for good reason, for centuries.

It was a terrible day, when the portals came. Huge discs of vibrant magenta energy, erupting from the different wizard's towers scattered among the city like chimneys, rending stone, and melting iron. The people who came spilling from it, quite literally spilling, were strange, otherworldly people. They seemed to be humanoid, yet completely composed of a sleek, shiny metal. Rivulets of neon magic glowed between the plates, and intricate, almost impossibly small sections of metal worked in harmony to perfectly recreate the flexibility and expressiveness of any human. Yet, strangest of all was their weaponry. It was terrifying. Incomprehensible. Hilts of swords that would suddenly burst into a shimmering blade of magic, rectangular cases of projectiles that would blast out at an unimaginable speed, causing maelstroms of fire and destruction wherever they landed. Of course, we didn't see the devastating affects of their weapons until we attacked them first. As people often do, even in a city such as Nightfall, they sought to eliminate what they didn't understand. Many died, and many more suffered, until the people eventually gained their victory. The 'metalkin', as they were called, were defeated, their technology stripped from them, their dead torn apart for the sake of research and innovation.

Nightfall never truly recovered to it's idyllic state after that. The portals couldn't be opened, and the metalkin, though few and far between, still live among us; some in poverty and squalor, some as circus freaks, and some who have made a life for themselves in The Expanse. But there are others. Others, who if rumours are to be believed, seek a different life for their people in a world they had been dropped into against their will. A life free from the people that oppressed them- by force if necessary.

Soooo, yeah! If that sounds interesting to you, let me know! The game is going to be more focused on RP, in a looser, less formal structure, but with turn-based gameplay for encounters. But anywho, I'll get into all that boring stuff, as well as character sheets n' such later, once a few people have shown interest.

Oscar

I'm already interested in this, so i'll join so long as your fine with teaching someone parts of it cause i'm still fairly new to dnd but i do understand the basics of initiatives, how rolls and checks work and all that stuff.

Edit: also it's fine if your new to being the DM, first time for everything after all
Edit #2: just read the final part and i realised we won't need a lot of teaching so count me in

Last edited:
I'm already interested in this, so i'll join so long as your fine with teaching someone parts of it cause i'm still fairly new to dnd but i do understand the basics of initiatives, how rolls and checks work and all that stuff.

Edit: also it's fine if your new to being the DM, first time for everything after all
Edit #2: just read the final part and i realised we won't need a lot of teaching so count me in
awesome! and yeaaaah, there’s a few things you’ll need to know but it’s pretty easy. i have a bit of experience dming, but my style is verrrry loose, like im much more into making a good story for characters then worrying about every little rule lol

awesome! and yeaaaah, there’s a few things you’ll need to know but it’s pretty easy. i have a bit of experience dming, but my style is verrrry loose, like im much more into making a good story for characters then worrying about every little rule lol
the same could be said for me on the story part, i'm looking forward to this

Alright, I'd like to ask a few logistical questions:

-What will be the post requirements, both in terms of length and in terms of frequency?
-What material will be allowed? (Official official content, planeshift, unearthed arcana, homebrew, ...)
-Will any specific things be banned that would otherwise be allowed by the material? Are there any types of characters you don't want in your campaign?
-What level will we start at?
-How will stats be determined?
-Any other special rules you'd like to mention?

I like me some DnD. Depending on what answers you give Idea on the level and stat startups, I would be interested in joining in.

I like me some DnD. Depending on what answers you give Idea on the level and stat startups, I would be interested in joining in.
Alright, I'd like to ask a few logistical questions:

-What will be the post requirements, both in terms of length and in terms of frequency?
-What material will be allowed? (Official official content, planeshift, unearthed arcana, homebrew, ...)
-Will any specific things be banned that would otherwise be allowed by the material? Are there any types of characters you don't want in your campaign?
-What level will we start at?
-How will stats be determined?
-Any other special rules you'd like to mention?
yeah for sure! i was gonna get into this stuff once i had a few people on board.

1. this was something i was going to get a group opinion on, because ideally i wanted to structure it more like an actual dnd game, where we would establish a time to meet, and do a session (over posts still, not voice chat) on discord? if not that, then we would do the regular stuff, weekly or fortnightly post requirements, first in best-dressed for rp, and then an initiative order for combat.

2. im open to any content! as long as it a. doesn’t overlap with some homebrew stuff im gonna include, and b. is sent to me first to get the all clear.

3. i wouldn’t say anything is banned per se, but i do have a few little rules. i like to take things case by case, rather than outright disallowing something a player might want to do, but of course if it’s op, or unbalanced, i wouldn’t allow it. this campaign is gonna feature things like dimensions pretty heavily, so pretty much anything is on the table! as for characters, if you can justify to me why your character should be chaotic evil n such, then go for it! if you were interested in playing the metalkin, im down for that too! ill say it again, but im more invested in creating a story for you guys to explore than stressing about following the rules exactly. of course day to day playing will be constrained by the rules, but you get what i mean hopefully.

4. level 5!

5. i was gonna have a point system, so something like this (with 27 to spend):

8 - 0 points

9 - 1 point

10 - 2 points

11 - 3 points

12 - 4 points

13 - 5 points

14 - 7 points

15 - 9 points

6. not at the moment! but let me know what you guys think of all that!

I like the idea of starting out at fifth level. That way we don't have to start out slogging through the levels to get somewhere with our xp.

For attributes, the list you posted only goes up to 15. Can we go higher than that?

1. this was something i was going to get a group opinion on, because ideally i wanted to structure it more like an actual dnd game, where we would establish a time to meet, and do a session (over posts still, not voice chat) on discord? if not that, then we would do the regular stuff, weekly or fortnightly post requirements, first in best-dressed for rp, and then an initiative order for combat.
I have a very fluid schedule, so having a set time to meet on discord is kinda hard. I much prefer going PbP. That's my vote.

8 - 0 points

9 - 1 point

10 - 2 points

11 - 3 points

12 - 4 points

13 - 5 points

14 - 7 points

15 - 9 points

So essentially, standard point buy rules.

I see. Personally speaking my schedule is too erratic to be able to compromise on scheduled sessions, and even weekly requirements are probably more than I can really promise. So I will put my vote up for that fortnight play-by-post suggestion, and should that end up matching what the rest of the group would like as well, then I'm interested.

Any word on if this is going to be moving forward?

Oumscar Oumscar Are you still looking for players for this? I might be able to suggest a few people if you are.

Is this how posts start and die here? That is sad. The story on the other hand sounds quite good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back