• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

Ganryu

Your Lovable Jackass GM
Supporter
Roleplay Type(s)
1642986731248.png
1642986678116.png

A violent shriek of wind rattled the entire tavern, the flaps outside meant to keep the dust out tearing, and with it, dust blasted through the barstools and ripped a piece of paper off the billboard. A large powerful Bangaa yanked it out the air, and scanned it, adding it to a growing collection that Anda the Viera had given him.

Drakes spotted moving through the base of the plateau, bombs wildly chasing caravans at night for their bonfires, bandits making trouble, palace troops spotted nearby... an infinite amount of work to do, even for a clan in the Jagd. One job, however, scribed by a Nu Mou from the Cadaon academy caught the heavy lizard's eyes. Most in the academy would want nothing from a lawless clan, especially one in a Jagd. The Bangaa reached for a drink, lifting his helmet to enjoy it, though not much other than a scarred lip could be seen. Finally, he spoke, a quiet but powerful voice instantly silencing the bar.

"New mission. Anda; Shan, no, not that way, over here Shan; Argh; Charlette. Take a look. I expect it done by the end of the week."

Slamming it down, he crossed his arms... before another gust took it skyward. The Bangaa, Gallahan, sighed, and stood up, his massive frame knocking over the table and chair. Grabbing it once more, he started to hand it to Shan... before thinking better and handing it back to Argh instead. Anda had likely already seen it with her role within the clan.

Greetings, Clan Scorpio, from Cadoan! I am Professor Roash.

Have you ever wondered why it is that judge's magicka seem particularly weakened in the Jagd? Why it is that you seem free, yet at the same time monsters run free, destroying the place. In fact, from data from our Blue Mage's archives, it seems the monsters in the Jagd are many times stronger than the rest of Ivalice. Why, we've found corridors of ancient ruins so strong the academy's elite have run out with only half their forces! In any case, I have a theory I would like to test about why that is.

Recently, a survey team got lost, and wandered into the Jagd, quite by accident, following a strong energy signature. The air began to warp with the Mists, and they stumbled upon the wreckage of an airship, embedded into the ruins of the ground. They were not able to get fair, but one fancies he saw a core in the middle, just radiating mist! Why, if we could have confirmation of such a sighting, and it described to us, we would be willing to pay quite the fortune for it.

I'm so busy these days with searches throughout Ivalice on an... undisclosed subject that I haven't been able to devote half the research I would like to this subject. Please, investigate and find out for us! Sketch the core, describe it in detail. What does it look like, feel like... taste like! We want to know everything we can! Though, I'm not sure one should actually touch or taste it, as it is quite dangerous, perhaps leave it there, and just provide us a sketch, especially of its runes.

~ Reguards,
Professor Roash.

Gallahan put the chair and table back, leaning over with his arms crossed. "Living in a Jagd's our greatest defense. We could get rid of monsters probably, but long as they leave the town of Dorsa alone, I actually like the set up. Go, find out if the professor's right. I'd go before night sets in. We're expecting a flash frosts the next few nights, and I think you'd rather be inside the ruins than out when nature's ice magic sets in. Airship crash is 6 miles north of us, in the middle of the Northern Crater."

He shuffled through the papers, reorganizing them. The next most important job seemed to be investigating roaming palace forces that had been found near the Jagd, but that was for another time... or another group.

Last edited by a moderator:
Charlotte
XXNsBy8.png
Charlotte sat at the table a drink in hand sipping it down as she relaxed back, her feet propped up on the chair on the opposite side of where she sat. The air rushing through cascading inside rumbling the entire place as if a bomb had just gone off. The red head all but unfazed by it lightly humming to herself only to pause it to take another nice swig of alcohol down. She was as best could be described as being in the 'middle' in terms of her behavior. More relaxed then she was venturing tavern to tavern checking out the world though still being perhaps a bit guarded. Perhaps to some extent looking to cause a bit of trouble or just to not be completely open with people she only knew for so long. Not that it seemed to stop the others from seemingly knowing a bit about her already.

She glanced up as her long red hair flowed cascading from the back of the chair falling behind her back as she turned hearing her name called. The amber eyed woman shrugged as she chugged the alst off her booze placing it down with a nice refreshing gasp. She pulled her feet away standing up. Her red dress falling down into place, her frilly sleeves falling into place partially obfuscating her hands. her long red pony tail followed behind as she walked up, brushing one of her red locks to the side as if trying to portray a bit of elegance in the way she acted. Perhaps a bit over compensating for how she could be.

Her eyes glanced over as he passed the missive over, hesitating briefly before eventually giving it to Argh not seeming to even debate if she should receive it at all. A bit of amusement being found for Charlotte as she tilted her head seeming to pout ever so little in response as if she was a dejected puppy. A complete act really given she couldn't care less at what point she might read it directly. The only thing she cared about was if the job might actually lead to some 'fun'.

"Oh? Why not hand it off to me first to get a little peek? I do have working eyes after all, and I am more then capable of reading as well. More then a... well... it would be rude of me to say anymore" She spoke with a wink giving a nice little smirk on her lips. She was naturally trying to push Argh's buttons a little without being too direct. Perhaps the shtick was up and he knew she could be a bit of a troublemaker. To say nothing has happened at all since she got there would be a lie. At least she didn't spill blood at that bar, except that one time... but that didn't really count, did it? Nah, no one died right that was the important part, and it wasn't even that bloody to begin with! In the end she considered her 'negotiation' a stunning success really.

"Either way, hopefully something interesting is there. I find the local inhabitance quite enjoyable to have around myself." She spoke with a smile as if meaning the people living there, though clearly her it was the dangerous things around that wanted them all likely dead.

Ganryu Ganryu Misuteeku Misuteeku Orikanyo Orikanyo

Argh
Sophisticated.jpg

Argh was polishing a glass behind the bar counter. He had shown off his excellent bartending skills by dramatically mixing the drinks. Juggling them, sliding them, spinning them, all kinds of trips that required lots of dedication and effort. While others called his technique 'tricks,' he called it professional service. What was the difference anyway? He served them a pristine drink at the end of it. Some were even amused by his performance, often laughing at pointing at him. Argh took that as a sign of applause. Every culture had a different way of doing things, and Argh assumed that they were applauding him for his tricks.

He stopped polishing the cup, and eyes perked up to look at the source of his noise. It would seem like his services were being called. He began to make his way around the counter, putting on a smile. "Ah, My friend, what help can I provide you with?" Argh said. Gallahan had helped break Argh and many others out of that accursed prison. Argh had never felt his skin so dry before when he was inside that trash dump. They should renovate that prison to be more comfortable. Besides that, he thought that he owed Gallahan a great debt for breaking him out and welcoming him into the guild.

With anticipation, his eyes locked onto the paper Gallahan was about to hand to Shan... Until he turned to give to Argh. The Seeq was briefly confused on why he couldn't hand it over to the hume. It wasn't like the man was blind, just long-sighted. Nonetheless, Argh received the paper from Gallahan. He nodded to Gallahan. "Understood, dear friend, we'll be done with this in no time." With that, he turned to the other two who would accompany him on the journey.

"There's no need Madame Charlotte. You need not exert any effort in reading this piece of parchment. I appreciate the offer, however..." Argh said, sending a wink back towards the hume. It was meant to indicate appreciation, but Argh didn't even know what a wink meant to begin with. "If you were implying that I couldn't read, I am saddened that you think of me that lowly," The Seeqs seemed to droop down a little. While he didn't understand the whole meaning of Charlotte's tease about his race, he was saddened that his companion thought he was illiterate.

"Now, I'll summarize what's written on the parchment. It seems to be requesting us to investigate some sort of phenomenon that's been creating the mist that we've seen often as of late." He said to the two of them while ensuring his voice was an octave higher in case Shan couldn't hear him. "A peculiar request, if I do say so myself."

With that, he stuffed the message into one of the pouches he kept on his belt. "In any case, I say we should depart soon. Gallahan did say that there would be a flash frost coming soon, and I don't want to be a receiving end of that." He turned to look over to Shan and Charlotte. "If there is anything you are unable to do, ask me for help."

Hanarei Hanarei Orikanyo Orikanyo Ganryu Ganryu

Shan Shir
The pub.
Jagd Dorsa

"Hmmm....." Yes... The shaft was strong, but the head was basicly a piece of scrap metal. It wouldn't last another shot after it's last, he would need to replace it... Thank goodness he was able to do this by touch or he'd be hopeless. The arrow in his hands twirled to point the feathers upwards. "Alligned... Straight, abit frayed at the end, I had to pull hard to remove you..." he remembered the fight, average werewolf, but the arrow sunk deep into it's shoulder.

The beasts are large as they are brutish, he remembers losing alot of arrows to it's musculature alone when shot in. Pulling out arrows was always risky for the arrow though, had he tougher wood... Stronger arrowheads, maybe some better fletching.

Oh he is being called, Gallahan, such a good fellow, helping him out of that hell hole.

Now, where was- Ah over her- No there! Yes found him...

....Hmm....

Yes the blob shaped Gallahan seemed to be talking about work, the wind and paper really don't mix well from what he hears, they really should get a DOOR.

Might help you know?

But the mission was skmple, they would need to go up to the core, write down what was on it, and be on their way...

He... Hoped they would be the ones to do so.

He hoped the two other blobs, one red and one wide and blue, understood he was going to be useless on that part.

"I do believe... We should be on our way then.

Red, Blue, i do hope we will work together well.

Good bye Grey I hope you stay well." In truth, he couldn't ully tell who they were, so... Colors worked.

Always did.

Everyone had a color after all.

But when people became similarly colored that was an issue...

...Ah...

"...Which way is out?"

Anda Miret-Njer

Anda lightly ran an oiled cloth over the weathered rapier. The clan's liaison had spent the morning running through town, talking with potential clients about jobs they wanted Clan Scorpio to take care of. The sandstorm had been particularly bad, so what was the harm in shaking the sand out of the scabbard? Well, the sword was drawn, may as well give the blade a onceover. Could use a little cleaning and oil. What was supposed to have been a proper lunch break quickly devolved into her working once more. Though no sooner had the viera finished did the screen tear, covering everything in sand once again.

"Dammit," she huffed.

"New mission. Anda; Shan, no, not that way, over here Shan; Argh; Charlette. Take a look. I expect it done by the end of the week."

Gallahan's voice was quick to draw her attention. A mission? So he wanted her out in the field? It made sense, there was plenty of work to go around. Ignoring Charlotte's attempt at starting drama, Anda peered at the note in Argh's hand. "Ah..." She remembered reading the note when it had first arrived. And then reading it a few more times to be sure she hadn't misread it. Proper institutions tended to keep a distance from the Jadgs and the people that would dare live in one.

"Mist spewing out of a wrecked airship though . . ." Most in Dorsa had known about the rumors of airship wreckage lying in the heart of a crater. But the heavy mists meant far more powerful monsters, meaning no one really dared to actually look. But would one airship really be capable of spewing so much mist to cover the area surrounding Dorsa? A chance to actually investigate the matter was exciting.

"I'll go grab my things."

As Charlotte began instigating trouble, Gallahan grunted, his hand reaching out for a massive great sword next to him, seemingly more a sheet of metal than an actual blade. His fingers gingerly gripped it in reverse, hefting it, before Argh... completely missed the insult. No trouble seemed to start, so he let it fall back to the floor, the floorboards shaking from the impact.

Shan wished a goodbye to 'the gray', and so the blurry outline of the Bangaa merely waved back, pouring himself another drink from a flask, a heavy smell polluting the air with it. The glass itself seemed to hiss at the vile vial, slight grooves eating into it.

As the group would head out to the desert plateau, wind tore through it, sandblasting them repeatedly. Shops and repairs, however, were still up, as even the most violent weather rarely was enough to put a stop to the people who lived there. A man stood atop a ladder, nails between his teeth as he repounded a sign reading "Will's Wares". Seeing the group, he nodded, and the rest of the town seemed similarly active, acknowledging the group as they went. A few rogues ran, respect for Clan Scorpio demanding nobody stop whatever task they were on.

Through the wilderness, columns of rock, and a few cliff faces occassionally showed themselves, refuges from the wind for brief moments. In the distances, wolves howled, and ran across them, though none bothered with the four. A few minutes later, a roar echoed, and the whine of one of the monsters heard, before it could be seen sailing over the bunch.

As the sun began to set, the lip of the crater could be seen, and with the incoming night, yellow irredescent began to slowly spill out of it, thin still. Behind them, shimmers of light fell like stars in the distance, each one exploding with a burst of ice as it touched the ground. A faint blue figure could be seen dancing and skating in the middle of it, the stars of ice magick raining all around her, and began to expand, threatening to rain on the group if they didn't get into the airship soon, the fabled 'flash frost' of the area, and a dancing Shiva in the center. It almost looked liked diamonds were falling, though the bursts of ice where they contacted the ground did not seem nearly as beautiful.

Thicker in the middle of the crater, the broken remains two airships could be seen, splintered in the middle, as if a child had broken the toy over his knee, and from it, a much thicker mist came, as well as a strange pressure, the feeling that something strong lurked within.

1643390497473.png
(Minus the FFXII party)

Last edited:
Shan Shir

"A beautiful display of grace and purest frosty chill." Shan's eyes proved useful, he could see eah detail of this magnificent being, strength and playful purpose coating the world with sheet ice and snow... The glistening dancer almost was adorned with jewellery reminiscent of the frost she so sowed.

It looked much better afar than up close.

He'd rather it stay that far.

Not because he can see her in detail but he'd not a fan of the cold he can never spot the ice too well.

"Hmmm... Airships... As told... Perhaps these are the much same ones that caused the Jagd?

So much mist... Our magicks shall be evermore so dangerous...

And so therein the beasts. My hope is they announce themselves... Or prove movement.. Like those two, those three, seven up on the cliff there and pehaps and ahriman flying off in the horizon.

Very dangero-" the man says, looking ahead but not at his feet, which is caught by a stray root and causing him to fall face first into the dirt.

"...drat..."

Charlotte
XXNsBy8.png
Charlotte looked towards Argh as the curve on her lips turned to become much more neutral. Gosh, all she had desired was for him to get a bit angry and combative. His response more so made her feel a little bad. Seeming to be more mopey then feeling the need to retaliate while assuming the best of Charlotte's intentions. She felt a little bad. Just a little though, her ability to feel empathy was quite a bit more dulled when it meant losing out on her sadistic form of entertainment. At the very least it turned her off from the idea of trying to poke the bear... or would boar be the more adapt fitting animal for that saying in this case?

She tilted her head back as if attempting to look behind her without even budging, though ultimately giving in tilting her head a bit to glance over towards the Viera mentioning about gathering her things. The girl shrugging a bit in response finding it a bit of a drag though she wasn't exactly known for being the most prepared herself. Perhaps not the most flattering thing given she was smart enough to know better to prepare for the worst. She ultimately relented though moving to gather her own bag of things, stuffing some food in from a nearby table that wasn't even hers given whoever it was seemed to have went away likely to use the restroom, thouugh if they really cared they would of took it with them right?

________________________________________________________​

Charlotte frowned a bit disappointed in the trip so far. Not that it was often ripe with encounters along the way on a mission, but there were always the random encounters that would occasionally appear out of thin air as some seemingly missed threat might attack, even if ill-equip to prepare with the adventuring party they had stumbled into. Hell, she had heard of it occurring multiple times to some though it seemed whatever elaborate fantasy they were in was not for her. Having a job to do where she would go in fully prepared and in god condition. A rather unexciting way to go through a mission in her mind. For most it probably was a nice change of pace to be able to just to get to your destination without your travels halted serval times before you got to the place you wanted to be.

The red head looked on to see the sight of Shiva dancing as a smirk came upon her lips seeming far more infatuated by the sight of a potential target over the beauty of the broken airship and the shimmering lights of mist mixed with mist and frozen stars. I mean that had to be their target right? I mean... the core had to be from... the center of her body and... reasons right? Her attempt to creature some rationalization to make fighting Shiva make sense with her mission crumbling incredibly swiftly even despite all attempts she was making to try and make some contrived reason for why it might make sense in her head. Fortunately a loud thud shifted her attention away from coming up for a reason to cause trouble, followed by snickering.

"I agree, the dirt is quite dangerous to eat, it is probably best left for beetle and worm to consume instead." She spoke with a childish smirk on her face. It was too perfect for her to not become a bit immature and find humor in it herself.

"So... we just go in charging swords in hand and see how it goes, or are we doing the more dull boring way and seeing what the dancing ice lady is about before we go see what fun things lie deeper within to 'introduce ourselves' to?" She spoke seeming to show a bit of restraint even if she was quite eager to get into some sort of fight soon, the feeling of danger only further exciting her.

Ganryu Ganryu Misuteeku Misuteeku Orikanyo Orikanyo KageYuuki KageYuuki

Sophisticated.jpg

Argh
In contrast to the amazement of his fellow companions, Argh merely shivered at the sight of Shiva. Cold temperatures were unbearable for the Seeq, making him feel sluggish and weak. However, they were to complete the mission first and foremost. Nothing should be able to stop them, not even a cold breeze nor a blue hume-like woman dancing in the middle of the valley. Shivering at the sight of Shiva, Argh turned to his compatriots. Charlotte seemed excited; Shan tripped over a root; he would need to help the man up later, and Anda... He skipped past Anda.

"Ah, my friend, you need some help?" Argh said as he walked over to the near-blind archer. Grabbing the archer by the shoulders, Argh lifted him to his feet. "Don't worry; Argh is here to help. If you would like, Argh will give you a piggyback ride just for you, Sir Shir." There wasn't even a trace of humor in Argh's words as he looked straight into Shan Shir's eyes... If Shan Shir could even see that close, that is. "I'll be your set of eyes, Sir Shir; you're in good hands." With a smile, Argh was proud of himself at this moment. Helping a hapless companion in need would swoon the hearts of young children when he told this tale to them.

"Hmmm? Oh, I suppose the former would do well, Madame Charlotte." Argh said as he turned to look at the crashed airship. "As you eloquently put it, 'charging swords in hand and see how it goes' would seem for the best." While Argh had a particular dislike for the cold, that wasn't the reason why he didn't want to confront Shiva. They were here to investigate the cause of the mist, not to fight Shiva. "If our quest were to vanquish that icy woman, then it'd be so, but we're here to investigate the mist, no?" With that in mind, Argh found no real reason to confront Shiva. If that were the case, another team would be assembled to kill Shiva.

"In any case, finishing this quest quickly would be in our best interest. Gallahan was not wrong about the flash freeze if that thing is here."

With the departing of the four, the bar once again turned quiet, each minding their own business, a Nu Mou in the distance beginning a tune on the piano, before rapid thuds could be heard outside. A tear of the porch screen could be heard as a hume fell over a loose floorboard all the regulars knew better than to approach, sprawling infront of the massive Bangaa. Gallahan made a quick survey to the members left. Not every day was spent lounging in a the bar, but those that wanted work knew it was the most immediate chance for it.

The Hume scrambled to catch his breath, tipping his ten gallon hat.

"Scorpio! T-there's an attack at the Chocobo Tracks. Buncha antlions decided to show up! We ain't 'spose to get monsters in that part'a town! Still trying to evactuate everyone, but they got Doug, owner of the Dorsa Downtown Chocodome cornered up in the speaker box. Ya gotta send out a few clanners to deal with'em!"

Gallahan eyed him from his chair before looking over and motioning for a particular Moogle and Gria to deal with it. Slamming his sword into the ground to stand up, he began to rise, and twisted it backhand. "I'll go rally a few more Scorpio members not in the bar, Veronikke, Elio, go help save anyone in danger, then deal with those antlions. I'll help once I've secured backup."

With a grunt, he began to leave, a lonely bar left behind without Clan Scorpio occupying it that day. As Gallahan walked out, he eyed the torn porch screen with a twitching eyebrow, but said nothing as he walked into the sandstorm.

To the South of the HarrGH Bar, a large track stadium could be seen rising into the skyline, even against the shades of brow obscuring the distance. Hopes, dreams, and a bit of duct tape tended to hold up the stadium at the best of time, and it was a popular attraction for gamblers, even as poor as the city could be. Screams and shouts could be seen as several residents clamored past Clan Scorpio in the streets, running the opposite direction.

Veronikke
Race Tracks

As Gallahan stood up and began delegating a pair of pointy horns poking up over the back of one of the empty booths twitched and began to rise. Shortly the horns had risen to the point that the head they were attached to was now visible to the rest of the bar, that of a sleepy looking gria with short, orange hair.

"Antlions huh?" Said the gria, stifling a yawn before twisting her mouth into a smug looking smirk. "Worthy prey for a dragoon I suppose," Veronikke said, sitting up and stretching out her arms. "I guess it can't be helped huh? if someone' stuck up in the box then obviously you need someone with wings to fly up and bail them out. Can't be helped, I guess I'll help out~"

Veronikke's head disappeared behind the set again as she coiled herself up and then all of a sudden leaped out her seat onto her feet, one hand clutching a wicked looking spear as she rand for the door. "I'll go on ahead!" Veronikke called, her eagerness belying her previous casual tone. "If you're lucky there might even be some antlions left when you get there NYAHAHA!"

Veronikke kicked open the bar's swinging, saloon style bars, took two large, running steps and then took off into the sky with a beat of her modest wings.

The Chocodome was a little far for Veronikke to fly the whole way comfortably. Veronikke probably could have made it there airborne the whole way if she felt strongly about it, but it would be tiring enough to make the fight on the other end dangerous. Besides that Veronikke had a faster way to travel. By leaping from rooftop to rooftop, using her wings to gain altitude and glide before letting gravity pull her back down for another bouncing leap Veronikke could move faster and use less energy than purely flying. This was actually fairly similar to the technique bangaa dragoons used to quickly cover ground, although Veronikke would merrily land on anyone who tried to point that out. Despite its origins, this was a pleasant means of travel Veronikke reflected as her hair was whipped back by the cool wind, she was even making better time than usual Veronikke noted, as she reached the apex of her current jump and began to fall back down to the rooftops. Then she realized what was different.

"Ahh. I forgot my armour," Veronikke muttered absently, her words snatched away by the wind as she fell.

Ganryu Ganryu saniachan saniachan

The HarrGH Bar (Race Tracks arc)
Ganryu Ganryu AtlannianSpy AtlannianSpy Misuteeku Misuteeku Hanarei Hanarei Orikanyo Orikanyo KageYuuki KageYuuki (tagging everyone because why not?)

As usual, the HarrGH Bar was quite full of patrons minding their own businesses. One of them was Elio, a moogle red mage who looked like your average moogle black mage out there. That is, until you see him offering medical services to the bar's patrons who needed it. And no, it's not like he made his patients wear a Flurry Robe and have a Blizzard hitting on them or used any similar shenanigans for his "medical service". Everyone in the jagd knew that "Dorsa's most kupo medic" actually used spells like Cure and Esuna which are normally white mages' go-to spells.

Right now he had several patients to take care of. The somewhat long-ish line eventually got shorter until the last one's turn came. It wasn't until then that a certain bangaa holding what looked like a job posting spoke up with such a quiet but powerful voice instantly silencing the bar.

Thank goodness, it's not me, Elio sighed in relief. The moogle then proceeded to start his treatment for the customer before him: another bangaa (not Gallahan, mind you) who had been poisoned by some poison gas. Took him awhile until the poison was finally removed from said bangaa's system. "Thank you, kupo! Be careful out there~" Elio cheerfully said the same thing he had said to the others. And by then, the four people Gallahan had called out for what looked like a mission had already gone.

Now that there were no more patients, Elio went over to the bar counter where a bartender, one of the bar's employees, was serving several patrons. The moogle patiently waited until it was his turn to be served.

"Oh, hello. How can I help you?"
"A glass of milk please, kupo."
"The usual?"
"Yes~"

While ordering milk in a bar might sound weird to some people, that wasn't the case here. As a medic, Elio couldn't risk getting drunk himself, hence him preferring to order either milk or juice (or even plain water if the moogle felt like it) while in the bar. And luckily for him, the HarrGH bartenders were cool with it.

It wasn't until Elio managed to finish half of his milk when a hume frantically told Gallahan about the antlion assault on the Chocobo Track. Kupo? Antlions!? the thought of potential victims filled him with anticipation. That, and Gallahan's order didn't help either.

"I'll go rally a few more Scorpio members not in the bar, Veronikke, Elio, go help save anyone in danger, then deal with those antlions. I'll help once I've secured backup."

The mage quickly finished his drink and shouted, "On it, kupo!!!" before he ran out from the bar. All while ignoring a certain gria's antics and with his mind busily digging up his memories about antlions' favorite foods that an animist friend once told him back then. I mean, food should be the best thing that could draw the monsters' attention, right?

1644130851817.png
AtlannianSpy AtlannianSpy saniachan saniachan

Each push of Veronikke's powerful legs cracked roofs under her, a state of constant repair across the city. However... Veronikke was generally accounted from by most residents, and the abandoned rooftops were long since noted with holes in them. A few creaked hazardously, but Veronikke would see in the racetrack in the distance, jagged fences and pikes sat in the ground, and an amphitheatre and stands made of wood shaking the distance. Squawks of Kweh! coming as chocobo raced past Veronikke.

As Elio thought on the nature of food an antlions on their run to the track, a whiff came by the little kupo nose of the moogle. It smelled musky, and carried a warm charcoal mesquite smell along with it. Well seasoned with peppers, and sizzlingly warm, it seemed almost to come from the direction of the stadium, mixed with a mustard like waft, even though it was not a day food was like to be made or sold. Most of the clanners would not be able to notice it from the overwhelming stench of chocobo, rough fragrant feathers sent flying with a vinegar like essence and burnt like leather overpowering most who would dare go to the races on the good days.

Both clanners would see announcer box tilted over, and the distress grunts and squeals of a seeq inside, 3 antlions trying to snap at him, each trying to crawl inside the wooden outpost that had slid down the wooden stands. A fat foot kept flying out of the broken glass as complaining could be heard.

"Worst day ever, I reckon! Well, I was losing on 'dem bets, but this ain't the way Doug Dorsadale wants to go out! I got plans! Dreams! On the other hand, sure Scorpio'll be hear soon enough, and if I pretend to be roughed up juuuuust a tad, maybe I'll be getting a few days o- Yeowch!"

A pair of briefs flew off, hearts drawn in them as one of the antlions held it in the air victoriously. The insects fact then started to scrunch up as if sniffing the air. For a moment it stood completely still, before falling over, it's legs folding over it's body. From the sand that made up the tracks, the ground began to shift and move, the dead antlion falling towards a trap of sand, before several sickening crunches could be heard, and soon a new antlion crawled up, replacing the dead one, and once more, 3 massive insects were snapping at the announcer box, fixated on it.

1644130812823.png1644130815301.png1644130817288.png

1644132446234.png
KageYuuki KageYuuki Orikanyo Orikanyo Misuteeku Misuteeku Hanarei Hanarei

Infront of the group, powerful mist spilled out of the airship, yellow, yet shimmering, playing false illusions and tricks on everyone involved. The air was neither warm no cold, but bring with it a sense of general uneasiness, causing hair to stand on end, and a sense of alertness.

Under Shan, the root seemed to almost move as his foot tripped over it. It was green and twisted, with a harsh rotting smell to it. It curled on the ground, coiling as if to strike, but a moment later a faux diamond fell on it from the sky, exploding in a shattering of ice, and a scream came from the ground as a green cloud started to erupt from underneath them.

The mist almost seemed more welcoming, the broken hull of the ship split cleanly in half, letting the three wander inside to a steel corridor. Behind them, the ice rain began to freeze the ouside of the ship, dropping temperatures, but it failed to reach inside the ship and corridors, making it a slight chill instead of a deadly freeze, the ground beginning to glisten behind them. All across the walls, shimmering runes and glyphys shone with magic, spiralling like a sort of leyline system that a mage may be able to make sense of.

As the group walked, the ground under them shook, and a massive roar could be heard. A moment later, the wall next to them suddenly dented inwardly, next to Shan's head. A sniffing could be heard, before large heavy footsteps echoed, fading away from them.

The next room down, a large turbine could be seen, leading out of the airship, and on the ground infront of them, four sleeping monsters could be seen. Round and naturally emitting a flame from their bodies, with short stubby little arms, and vicious teeth on their bulbous bodies. However, instead of a normal red, these creatures burned blue, the flames much more intense than the normal version of the creature: Grenades. As they slept, their snorings sounding very much like bombs going off, mist seeped into their bodies, veins across their bodies visibly flexing and twitching. If anyone was careful in their watchings, these creatures occassionally convulsed, and grew.

In the back of the room, a few blackened cores could be seen in the middle of blast marks, slowly beginning to reform and relight themselves.
1644132637112.png1644132638895.png1644132639842.png1644132640913.png

Shan Shir

"...Hmm...." Shan examined the new place around him, he was at mid range at the moment, so... He was okay. But hr knee the smell of these monsters, bombs, hes tripped over quite a few in his time.

But he survived, and i theres anything he knows that anything you can walk away from makes you tougher.

Sadly, grenades are different than bombs.

It was time to bypass them...

"...Sneaking time..." Shan lowered his stance and squinted really, really hard, trying to find their way forwards.

"We should avoid them... Explosions are bad for the complexion..."

Charlotte
XXNsBy8.png
Charlotte seemed to be grinning more with excitement then fear as the place seemed like a death trap yet the very idea excited her. Even the menacing footsteps only making her wonder what sort of glorious game there might be to cross blades with. She was almost certain it would be a very enjoyable fight for her to get to slice and be sliced up by such a menacing seeming creature. The childlike glee hard to hide from her face. It truly was a wonder how upon stumbling into the room with all the bombs she hadn't manage to explode herself at the sight of some potential violence.

"Quiet... or... we could use them to cause an explosion... luring whatever it is creeping around to come and visit and take care of it. Oh, and I suppose doing that thing we were here for... drawing something... or some other? I mean they wanted it cleaned out too while we were here didn't they? Kick bomb, explosion, we get to see the thing we came here to see... and presto!"

Her voice spoke a bit low despite the seeming desire to want to kick a bomb awake to see what the reaction might be. She had some self control, keyword being some. Granted her excitement was getting a bit of the best of her in remembering their objective, or more likely then not purposely fudging what it was a bit in hopes of creating a reason for them to get into a bit of a fun fight. The red head smirking excitedly tossing her head causing her long locks to flow behind her out of the way as her hand eagerly seemed to be reaching for her blade.

Dorsa Downtown Chocodome (Race Tracks arc)
Ganryu Ganryu AtlannianSpy AtlannianSpy

...kupo?

A rather musky aroma with a warm charcoal mesquite smell. It had to be some sort of barbeque, according to Elio's little kupo nose. As per his bright idea of distracting the antlions with food, the moogle made a mad dash to the barbeque stall near the stadium and hastily ordered some BBQ meat there. "I'll pay 'em later, okay?" Elio told the vendor as he ran off into the stadium.

The stadium itself was quite in a mess. The seemingly unsteady announcer box, a seeq's squeal of distress coming from there, and most importantly, menacing antlions. Took quite awhile until a Barrier1 was casted on the seeq. And soon everyone there would hear an "OVER HERE, KUPO!!!" coming from behind the antlions.

"C'mon, c'mon, catch me if you can~" Elio taunted the antlions by wildly waving the BBQ around. If this actually worked, he would've needed to run from the stadium as fast as his moogle legs could.

Footnote(s):
1) Barrier: basically Protect and Shell bundled in a single spell. It does exist in FFTA red mage's skillsets.

Last edited:
Veronikke

Race Track

Veronikke landed in a crouch atop the outer boundary of the stadium in a crouch. Suitably positioned to survey the situation, Veronikke shielded her eyes from the sun with one hand and made a theatrical show of assessing the chaos below.

"Feh, three antlions is hardly worthy- oh! Two antlions...noo, no wait, three antlions. Hmm,"

The death and replacement of the third antlion was a puzzling matter, was there some kind of antlion recycling plant buried under the sand? Or maybe some kind of antlion queen was down there squirting out babies feeding on the vanquished? Veronikke tutted and shook her head disapprovingly. "Figure out how to provide for the children you have before you go having more, how unsightly," Veronikke said to no one in particular.

Still though, some sort antlion queen would prove to be worthy prey! Veronikke was already basking in her future glory when a wail from the announcer's box dragged her attention back to the other matter. Veronikke groaned, knowing she would get a chewing out back at the bar if she let Doug get turned into antlion food, so she took to the skies once more, charting a course for the announcer's box. Veronikke had had a vague notion of just sort of landing on one of the beasties and then waving her spear at the other like usual, but from the air she could see Elio waving and jumping, trying to catch the attention of the creatures and lead them away.

Like all seeq, Doug was pretty hefty, so it might actually be tricky to airlift him off while fending off the antlions, especially if more could just pop out of the ground whenever. Veronikke decided to circle in the air for a moment to see if the antlions would take Elio's bait, then she could dive down straight away and fly the portly seeq off to somewhere safe before turning back. It was no matter if Elio stole away the small fry, the real glory would be the queen! Like a hawk on the hunt, Veronikke circled above the announcer box, keeping a watchful eye on the antlions below. If Elio's diversion failed Veronikke was ready to fall back to her original plan anyway, best not to keep Doug waiting too long even if he probably could stand to donate some of his considerable girth to some starving antlion children.

saniachan saniachan Ganryu Ganryu

Argh
Sophisticated.jpg

Oh what was this? It was hard to miss the four bomb-like creatures were situated in the far back. They seemed to be slumbering at the moment. As a well read scholar, Argh knew what to do. He grabbed his rapier from his belt. "I agree with Madame Charlotte, I say we have at these creatures. These creatures are incredibly dangerous and need to be dealt with." He glanced over to the three. "Of course, we can avoid them if you all would like. Our mission is to investigate the mist. If we deal with these creatures now, we might be short on time." That and they have to expend some resources on the fight.

Argh flapped his ears around. While he didn't have impeccable hearing, he was cautious of their surroundings. The sound nearby Shan Shir was concerning. A group of monster may appear at moment. If they fought the bombs here they might attract unwarranted attention.

"Anda, how about you?" Argh said as he shot an uncomfortable look at Viera after a pause. He didn't necessarily want to talk to Viera's but since Anda was apart the team, he had to give the courtesy of asking.​

Anda Miret-Njer
Airship Ruins​

Anda had to tear herself away from watching the dancing Shiva. She'd heard rumors that this was the source for the unnaturally brutal cold that overtook Dorsa every night. Had the mists drawn it in? Would stopping Shiva be any benefit to eh Jagd? In a way, the overwhelming frost was a form of protection in itself. Provided the people of Dorsa could keep themselves warm for the night. The shimmer of the diamond dust may have been mesmerizing, but remaining outside in it was . . . ill-advised.

Turning back to the wreckage, Anda bristled at the sight of the heavy mist spilling out. Viera and mist were things that never seemed to mix. But she'd be fine, right? All this time living in the Jadg, near all the mist had to have given her some measure of resistance right?

Sure, she might've encased that one client in ice for being an ass . . .

The mage didn't have much time to dwell on it as the root Shan tripped on began to animate. The ground beneath them shuddering with the beast's roar. The stentch creeping into the air made her stomach turn in a way only a few monsters were capable. Between the Shiva and some variety of malboro, Anda was going to take her chances in the mist. "Tch, ah..." The enveloping mist stung, like needles dancing across her flesh. She winced, trying to push past the pain to look over the lines and patterns spreading across their surroundings. A ward of some kind? Maybe sketching them out would help her get her mind off the creeping pain and unease.

Her nails had grown longer, tapering into wicked points like claws. It was making it hard to hold the pencil with any degree of dexterity. The sudden deafening bang and metal wall bowing in on impact caused her to drop everything. Bristling and grasping at her rapier with teeth bared like a beast. Anda had to force herself to release the weapon and pick up her things when the footsteps retreated. Exodus, am I really so susceptible to the mists?

Shaking her head, she followed Shan deeper inside until they reached the slumbering grenades. "Grenades are dangerous on a good day," She whispered, watching them twitch and grow in size. "But steeped so heavily in mists . . . I'm not sure I like the idea even with the advantage of a surprise attack on our side. Sleeping bombs and grenades shouldn't be growing like they're about to blow..."

Her eyes narrowed, muscles tensing as she grabbed the hilt of her sword once again. Something to focus on instead of the hot needles. "Some have already exploded? How many are in here? Running may be best. Sneak. Flee. Something other than fighting."

Ganryu Ganryu Misuteeku Misuteeku Hanarei Hanarei Orikanyo Orikanyo

Last edited:
1644789372136.png
saniachan saniachan AtlannianSpy AtlannianSpy
One of the antlions smashed into the announcer box, only for a sudden flash of light to stop it's bite, mandibles reaching around what suddenly looked like a glass marble. Inside, the Seeq flinched... before noticing the barrier spell.

"Yup! That's Scorpio for you! Right in the nick of time! Hahaha!" The antlion tried biting a few more times... before just lifting the sphere upwards, and with it, Doug, beginning to yoink him out of the announcer box. As it stepped outside the box, it's foot smashed through the floor, revealing on the bottom of the announcer's box, someone had apparently though similarly to Elio. Taped to the bottom of the box, sizzling meat could be seen, fire rocks tied around it to keep it warm and aromic, and several plants wrapping around it, adding to the fragrant smell. Another of the antlions turned into the box, and began smashing up the floor as it attempted to get out at the meet.

"Oi-oi! Clan Scorpio! I'm glad for the shield, but I don't wanna be chow! Heeeeelp me!" Long running rumors had spread that some seeq, when particularly nervous, could squeal like a pig. Those rumors were confirmed as Doug leg loosing, squirming in his protective sphere, the sides cracking slightly with each step of the antlion.

The third of the three antlions, sulking, sniffed the air, before turning to see Elio in the distance. It drooled, a thick glob of saliva falling into the sand, making an instant pool of almost quick sand like substance, and it began giving chase, sprinting after the little moogle as fast it's six legs could carry it, a sandstorm kicking up with each kick of it's foot as it went full speed towards it.

Another distance began to follow Elio, the sand shifting underneath the stadium, and following the little kupoling as well, the amount of sand being displaced looking almost like an ocean wave.

Veronikke

The Race Track

"Guess I've waited for long enough huh?" Veronikke muttered to herself as she circled around in the air, grinning wolfishly. "It's about time for the hero's dramatic ENTRANCE!"

Veronikke pulled her wings in close to her chest, allowing herself to free fall and then pushed upwards with them: flapping in reverse to further tighten gravity's grip on her body

Lament insects!" Veronikke cried as she picked up speed until she finally slammed into the antlion clawing at Doug from above feetfirst, bringing her full weight and momentum to bare against its carapace and coiling her body into a crouch to minimize the shock. "I will be your opponent," Veronikke said, standing up with no concern for the antlion she had landed on and pointing her spear at its nearby counterpart. "Or wait, are antlions insects? Arachnids? Bah." mid heroic introduction Veronikke's train of thought was interrupted by a foreign, but enticing aroma and she wrinkled her nose and sniffed deliberately glancing past the antlion in the box to see the meaty prize it was aiming for.

"Heh, foolish creatures, lured in by such a simple bait," Veronikke smirked, the expression allowing a tiny drop of saliva from her watering mouth to escape. "Well it does smell good though- Hyaaa!" Suddenly Veronikke lunged forwards with her spear, neatly skewering the sizzling meats on her spear tip and extracting them, holding her prize at a teasing distance from the antlions.

"This is what you want isn't it?" Veronikke taunted the creatures, using her wings and legs to jump backwards into the lower seats and waving the meat on her spear in the wind so that it carried up to them. "Come on then! Those who won't work don't eat! Take it if you can!"

"I will lead the small fry away, so you should be safe to leave shortly," Veronikke called over to Doug, before glancing down towards the wave of sand chasing after Elio. "Come along children," Veronikke called, addressing the antlions again and waving around the meat to emphasize her point. "I need to go have a word with your mother!" Veronikke said, leaping away again in the direction of Elio and the wave of sand, just slow enough for the antlions to follow along.

Ganryu Ganryu saniachan saniachan

1645421737760.png
KageYuuki KageYuuki Orikanyo Orikanyo Misuteeku Misuteeku Hanarei Hanarei
Across the sides of the ship, leylines and runes could be seen, diverting power from the center towards where the group had gathered. The runes read a simple pattern, reading 'flare', a powerful magic normally used for a resounding blast, but here was channeled throughout the ship.

From the channels, Anda would be able to see they were at the final parts of the leyline, or in other words, the turbines on either side of the ship. The helpful sign of 'left', scratched above the leylines with a knife gave a good indicator that they were in the left turbine. An old crumbled post it note, barely visible due to age could be seen reading "DON'T SCRATCH THE SHIP!" Following the path towards the center was the most likely location of the engine.

To the side of the room, large vents could be seen, leading to outside, though vines and ice had long since overgrown them, nevermore to vent an engine, now merely another entrance/exit to the tomb.

The leylines pulsed dully with power, not fully turned on, as they hadn't been used in over a century. The way they sputtered and sparked suggested a leak, and one such leak could be seen right over the four grenades, the gluttonous monsters feasting until they burst... literally. As Anda looked around, over a dozen bomb cores could be seen amidst the blast mark. Flesh and fire began to slowly grow on them, but the slow rate they were going at, it would be over a week until they were primed once more.

Another 'glgh' could be heard, one in the middle growing larger as magic seeped out of the engine leylines, the grenade growing larger once more, a relaxed hand patting it's belly. The smell of sulfur and a hiss began to fill the room.

A sound like a grenade pin being pulled could be heard, and cracks began to run across it's body, even as it peacefully slept. It was said every time a bomb or grenade exploded, the weakest parts were blown off, and the core itself was strengthened. The eldest bombs were made of a completely fragmented core, scars running across their body, making more of them than flesh. If a powerful enough section was blown off, it would begin to condence into a core of it's own, forming a new bomb.

The creature moaned painfully, grabbing at it's stomach as it began to pulse, mist shaking from it.

Charlotte
XXNsBy8.png
Charlotte turned as she smirked a bit hearing surprising approval for her idea from her rotund sword wielding companion. To think he would be the one to seem willing to indulge her whim even after denying her a little spar earlier on back at base. The curve of her lips only growing wider as she was quite ripe to use any excuse she could to cause some trouble. While she was typically more... 'tactical' with her approach, given the fact it was monsters and dangerous ones at that she didn't have to worry so much about morality getting in the way. I mean, was it so wrong taking care of a potential danger that might be willing to hurt a poor innocent soul?

Charlotte let out a soft sigh as Anda began to speak, using something boring like 'reason'. Sure, it was dangerous given the current situation they were in, but it was part of the fun. Besides, if it was dangerous to them it meant it was dangerous to someone else. Who knew what person might stumble in and get themselves in trouble. So what if the fact its been around so long somewhat undisturbed acted as a testament of the likelihood of such an occurrence. That was when she caught sight of the large bomb and its moan. The appearance of it looking as if it was about to go off.

Justification.

The red haired sadist smirked as she approached seeming to take to Anda's proposed idea of stealth approaching it. Such stealth seemed to end just as swiftly as it arrived as she suddenly drew her blade the Dark Knight lifting it up with a wicked grin on her lips. Her eyes looked almost as if they glowed red in the darkness as her face appeared that almost of a demon, having crept up on its helpless prey preparing to strike it in its helpless state. Any sort of wickedness lurking the downed airship not finding a small but no less fierce partner at the moment.

"Disarming."

She muttered as if to give an excuse as she swung the blade vertically down, slicing at the bomb without any hesitation, striking at the very stomache that seemed to be causing it discomfort throwing in some extra 'help'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back