• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Call of Cthulhu (Haunted Toy Store)

DarkledMind

*lo-fi noises*
After recent events, including the maiming of a worker and the disappearance of a child, the North Carolina branch of Percy's Palace is closing. This leaves the first ever and main store of the now infamous toy sellers the last remaining place of business.

Opening in 1915, the toy store managed to survive nearly a century with its original concept. Children were welcomes in to the store and, unlike most niche stores, were allowed to play with the toys before ever purchasing. Percy's Palace is known for supporting local toy makers. The most famous of recent endeavors it sponsored was the UGLYDOLL franchise.

In recent years, though, Percy's Palace has been suffering. A string of child dissappearacnes have all been connected through the store franchise. Though the disappearances have been at different locations, the business has been hit hard these occurances.

"We mourn the loss of the children with their parents; but let me reassure you; Percy's palace has nothing to do with the disappearances," said Xavier Stallsmith, current CEO of Percy's Palace and descendent of Edmund Stallsmith, the founder of Percy's Palace

The Percy's Palace franchise survived through the Great Depression, having its factories taken over for warime purposes in the 1940's, the gasoline shortage in 1977, and the recent recession. But will it survive the next year?

I haven't read through the complete core rulebook yet, but I know enough about GMing to build a game. This will likely be taking place either here or on Discord. It will be play by post. Now, this can be a one person game. So if only a few people are interested, that's fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back