• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern California: The Goddammit Chronicles

Fable Fable Kazig Kazig Historical Storyteller Historical Storyteller
"Alright, then. Wait for the ambulance to arrive."

"Uhh... okay." And with that, Ana puts the phone down and leans back in her chair.
For about half an hour, she just sat there in silence, thinking about the last words of the injured woman. Was she going to die? She made it sound like it for sure.

Wee-woo wee-woo! I'm not sure how to describe what sound the phone makes, but it involves a lot of beeping and stuff! Ana slowly picks up the phone. "...Hello?"

"Someone's trying to break into my house! I live at ##### N ##th Drive, hurry!"

"Alright..." Ana slowly reacts to the situation, as she wasn't feeling that great at the moment. She dials up some local police officers and quickly sends them on their way. "They should be coming, have a nice day, sir."

The caller's voice started to become a bit concerned. "But wait, aren't I supposed to-" *clunk* Ana wasn't having any of it.

SwpnTFa.png
GO HOME EARLY
BwfbD5c.png
KEEP AT IT

ANGER
s7ascqs.png
5DzZWfo.png
5DzZWfo.png
5DzZWfo.png
5DzZWfo.png
5DzZWfo.png
SADNESS

>GO HOME EARLY

Ana isn't going to be able to perform her job well like this, and taking a break would probably be beneficial to her mental health at this point.

SwpnTFa.png
GO HOME EARLY

Kazig Kazig Fable Fable
It's too much. Ana slowly stands up, and walks out through the door, taking her purse and concealed carry with her.
...she didn't even notify her superiors.

Just hopped into the car and drove off. No one was able to notify her about the car accident, and the desk was left without an operator. Oh well, they'd probably get someone on it real quick once they realized she'd left.

8:52 PM
Ana walked up to her house, looking down at the pavement as she walked forward. Then she knocked, knowing that the babysitter she hired was still there.

The soft steps were soon accompanied by the opening of the door. "Ana? What're you doing home so early?"

"I just... i'm really tired, Sally. You can go now."

She hesitates, then motions for Ana to walk inside. "I've already put Tommy to bed." Then she walks outside... and turns around. "Hey, are you alright?"

SwpnTFa.png
YES
BwfbD5c.png
NO

ANGER
s7ascqs.png
5DzZWfo.png
5DzZWfo.png
5DzZWfo.png
5DzZWfo.png
5DzZWfo.png
SADNESS

BwfbD5c.png
NO

Kazig Kazig Fable Fable
It's too much. Ana slowly stands up, and walks out through the door, taking her purse and concealed carry with her.
...she didn't even notify her superiors.

Just hopped into the car and drove off. No one was able to notify her about the car accident, and the desk was left without an operator. Oh well, they'd probably get someone on it real quick once they realized she'd left.

8:52 PM
Ana walked up to her house, looking down at the pavement as she walked forward. Then she knocked, knowing that the babysitter she hired was still there.

The soft steps were soon accompanied by the opening of the door. "Ana? What're you doing home so early?"

"I just... i'm really tired, Sally. You can go now."

She hesitates, then motions for Ana to walk inside. "I've already put Tommy to bed." Then she walks outside... and turns around. "Hey, are you alright?"

SwpnTFa.png
YES
BwfbD5c.png
NO

ANGER
s7ascqs.png
5DzZWfo.png
5DzZWfo.png
5DzZWfo.png
5DzZWfo.png
5DzZWfo.png
SADNESS

BwfbD5c.png
NO

I bet she's a family friend, so she can be trusted with our feelings.

Kazig Kazig Fable Fable Historical Storyteller Historical Storyteller
"No... it's just..."

"What? You can talk to me." Sally said in a pleasant tone.

Ana sighs, replaying the events in her head. "I was at work and while someone was calling, they were in a car accident and they wanted me to talk to their... husband."

"Oh. ...are they okay?"

Frustrated, Ana covers her face. "I don't know! I just... I left work early, didn't even tell anyone."

Sally just makes this 'whatever' wave. "Oh i'm sure it'll be fine. There was nothing you could've done, right?"

"Well I... ugh..."

"Just go to sleep, Ana. You'll probably feel all better in the morning." With that, Sally walks off.

...fine, then. That... was probably a good idea.
Before that, she went to Tommy's room to have a look at him. "...sleep well, Tommy. I hope you had a good day at school." She whispered.

And then she walked to her room, and immediately hopped in her bed to sleep.

12:03 AM
There was a noise, inside the house. No way it could've been from Tommy, right? It sounded like it was downstairs.
Was someone coming inside? Only Ana and Sally had the keys. It might've been an intruder.

SwpnTFa.png
FIND GUN
BwfbD5c.png
TALK
W12LdVJ.png
WAKE UP TOMMY
kpsukkV.png
WAIT UPSTAIRS

ANGER
s7ascqs.png
s7ascqs.png
5DzZWfo.png
5DzZWfo.png
5DzZWfo.png
5DzZWfo.png
SADNESS

"No... it's just..."

"What? You can talk to me." Sally said in a pleasant tone.

Ana sighs, replaying the events in her head. "I was at work and while someone was calling, they were in a car accident and they wanted me to talk to their... husband."

"Oh. ...are they okay?"

Frustrated, Ana covers her face. "I don't know! I just... I left work early, didn't even tell anyone."

Sally just makes this 'whatever' wave. "Oh i'm sure it'll be fine. There was nothing you could've done, right?"

"Well I... ugh..."

"Just go to sleep, Ana. You'll probably feel all better in the morning." With that, Sally walks off.

...fine, then. That... was probably a good idea.
Before that, she went to Tommy's room to have a look at him. "...sleep well, Tommy. I hope you had a good day at school." She whispered.

And then she walked to her room, and immediately hopped in her bed to sleep.

12:03 AM
There was a noise, inside the house. No way it could've been from Tommy, right? It sounded like it was downstairs.
Was someone coming inside? Only Ana and Sally had the keys. It might've been an intruder.

SwpnTFa.png
FIND GUN
BwfbD5c.png
TALK
W12LdVJ.png
WAKE UP TOMMY
kpsukkV.png
WAIT UPSTAIRS

ANGER
s7ascqs.png
s7ascqs.png
5DzZWfo.png
5DzZWfo.png
5DzZWfo.png
5DzZWfo.png
SADNESS

SwpnTFa.png
FIND GUN

Oh shit, a home invasion.

W12LdVJ.png
WAKE UP TOMMY

Kazig Kazig Historical Storyteller Historical Storyteller Fable Fable
"Tommy, wake up, wake up." Ana says, quickly shaking her son to get him out of bed.

"Mom...?" He says groggily.

"Just wake up, dear. Something's happening and I need you to hide."
Reluctantly, Tommy throws off his blanket and gets off of the bed. "What's happening?"

Ana hastily has Tommy hide in a nearby closet. "Don't worry about it, Tommy. Just hide here and no matter what, don't move or make any noise, you hear me?"

"Mhmm..." He says, nodding.

"Okay," Ana gives him a brief hug, then stands up and closes the closet. "I'll be right back."
...can't call 911, unfortunately. She left her purse downstairs, and the only other phone was also downstairs.

SwpnTFa.png
FIND GUN
BwfbD5c.png
TALK TO STRANGER
W12LdVJ.png
WAIT UPSTAIRS

ANGER
s7ascqs.png
s7ascqs.png
5DzZWfo.png
5DzZWfo.png
5DzZWfo.png
5DzZWfo.png
SADNESS

SwpnTFa.png
FIND GUN

But be careful with that, would rather not kill an innocent person in front of Tommy

SwpnTFa.png
FIND GUN

"Tommy, wake up, wake up." Ana says, quickly shaking her son to get him out of bed.

"Mom...?" He says groggily.

"Just wake up, dear. Something's happening and I need you to hide."
Reluctantly, Tommy throws off his blanket and gets off of the bed. "What's happening?"

Ana hastily has Tommy hide in a nearby closet. "Don't worry about it, Tommy. Just hide here and no matter what, don't move or make any noise, you hear me?"

"Mhmm..." He says, nodding.

"Okay," Ana gives him a brief hug, then stands up and closes the closet. "I'll be right back."
...can't call 911, unfortunately. She left her purse downstairs, and the only other phone was also downstairs.

SwpnTFa.png
FIND GUN
BwfbD5c.png
TALK TO STRANGER
W12LdVJ.png
WAIT UPSTAIRS

ANGER
s7ascqs.png
s7ascqs.png
5DzZWfo.png
5DzZWfo.png
5DzZWfo.png
5DzZWfo.png
SADNESS

SwpnTFa.png
FIND GUN

Ana ran over to a drawer in a room and pulled out a handgun. The reason it wasn't still in her purse was because she liked to keep it close.

She checked the magazine, turned the safety off, and chambered a bullet.
Then she looked down the stairs to check for the intruder. Sounded like they were rummaging around the house, opening drawers and overall being a robber.

Now how would they be dealt with?

SwpnTFa.png
THREATEN
BwfbD5c.png
OPEN FIRE
W12LdVJ.png
SOMETHING ELSE

ANGER
s7ascqs.png
s7ascqs.png
5DzZWfo.png
5DzZWfo.png
5DzZWfo.png
5DzZWfo.png
SADNESS

Last edited:
Ana ran over to a drawer in a room and pulled out a handgun. The reason it wasn't still in her purse was because she liked to keep it close.

She checked the magazine, turned the safety off, and chambered a bullet.
Then she looked down the stairs to check for the intruder. Sounded like they were rummaging around the house, opening drawers and overall being a robber.

Now how would they be dealt with?

SwpnTFa.png
THREATEN
BwfbD5c.png
OPEN FIRE
W12LdVJ.png
SOMETHING ELSE

ANGER
s7ascqs.png
s7ascqs.png
5DzZWfo.png
5DzZWfo.png
5DzZWfo.png
5DzZWfo.png
SADNESS

SwpnTFa.png
THREATEN

Honestly, I don't feel like killing people is the best option. If he wants your stuff, just let him take it, but we don't need violence in this household. Only use your weapon when he leaves you no choice.

SwpnTFa.png
THREATEN

Slowly tiptoeing down the steps, gun in hand, Ana keeps looking out for the intruder, and there they were, searching through all the drawers and cabinets for valuables.
They had a flashlight attached to their head, so they were pretty easy to find.

Quickly, she aimed her gun at the burglar. "Put your hands up, now!"

It didn't look like he was going to comply, as instead of putting his hands up, he dropped his bag and started reaching for something on his person. "Oh shit-" He turns around to see Ana, while bending over slightly.

He's about to do something!

SwpnTFa.png
TAKE COVER
BwfbD5c.png
OPEN FIRE
W12LdVJ.png
SOMETHING ELSE

ANGER
s7ascqs.png
s7ascqs.png
5DzZWfo.png
5DzZWfo.png
5DzZWfo.png
5DzZWfo.png
SADNESS

SwpnTFa.png
TAKE COVER

Slowly tiptoeing down the steps, gun in hand, Ana keeps looking out for the intruder, and there they were, searching through all the drawers and cabinets for valuables.
They had a flashlight attached to their head, so they were pretty easy to find.

Quickly, she aimed her gun at the burglar. "Put your hands up, now!"

It didn't look like he was going to comply, as instead of putting his hands up, he dropped his bag and started reaching for something on his person. "Oh shit-" He turns around to see Ana, while bending over slightly.

He's about to do something!

SwpnTFa.png
TAKE COVER
BwfbD5c.png
OPEN FIRE
W12LdVJ.png
SOMETHING ELSE

ANGER
s7ascqs.png
s7ascqs.png
5DzZWfo.png
5DzZWfo.png
5DzZWfo.png
5DzZWfo.png
SADNESS

BwfbD5c.png
OPEN FIRE

Fuck it, just shoot him, you can see he's too much trouble by the way he acts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back