• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern California: The Goddammit Chronicles

Am I the first one to respond post-newsletter? I can't see any new messages since yesterday unless RpN's not loading them, so... Yay for me.
1540334158843.png would be my personal pick, but I doubt that'll extinguish the situation, or result in some "badass good cop" ending where Carl throws on his shades and is applauded by the crowd for no reason. 1540334196287.png it is, then.

Historical Storyteller Historical Storyteller Blorf Blorf Haz. Haz.
Carl gives him a shrug, and walks back to his cop car. His partner, Abraham is standing outside. "Ready?"

"Yeah." The officer says, gulping down some of his coffee. "Got anything we need to check out?"

Abraham shakes his head, telegraphing his answer. "Nope. Let's just have a roll around town."

"Alright then." They both get into the car, and Carl puts the coffee into the cup holder as he starts the car.

Not long after, they find... someone speeding. Again. Cause that seems to happen a lot, and despite the tickets, no one seems to get the message.
This guy, or gal or whatever, was slamming on that gas on a 45.

Mx15cRG.png
Catch up to them and pull them over. (maybe)
i6849FE.png
Catch up to them.
WQ0Tvq4.png
"This again? What, am I supposed to chase down another hooligan?"
21JbjOb.png
"Abraham, I think we're gonna need a couple of more men."

CHAOTIC
s7ascqs.png
s7ascqs.png
5DzZWfo.png
5DzZWfo.png
5DzZWfo.png
5DzZWfo.png
5DzZWfo.png
LAWFUL

Historical Storyteller Historical Storyteller Blorf Blorf Haz. Haz.
Carl gives him a shrug, and walks back to his cop car. His partner, Abraham is standing outside. "Ready?"

"Yeah." The officer says, gulping down some of his coffee. "Got anything we need to check out?"

Abraham shakes his head, telegraphing his answer. "Nope. Let's just have a roll around town."

"Alright then." They both get into the car, and Carl puts the coffee into the cup holder as he starts the car.

Not long after, they find... someone speeding. Again. Cause that seems to happen a lot, and despite the tickets, no one seems to get the message.
This guy, or gal or whatever, was slamming on that gas on a 45.

Mx15cRG.png
Catch up to them and pull them over. (maybe)
i6849FE.png
Catch up to them.
WQ0Tvq4.png
"This again? What, am I supposed to chase down another hooligan?"
21JbjOb.png
"Abraham, I think we're gonna need a couple of more men."

CHAOTIC
s7ascqs.png
s7ascqs.png
5DzZWfo.png
5DzZWfo.png
5DzZWfo.png
5DzZWfo.png
5DzZWfo.png
LAWFUL

i6849FE.png
Catch up to them.

For now, I think this is the best course of action. Don't try to pull them over just yet, give them a chance to slow down. The mere sight of a police car will make them think twice. If they continue to speed in spite of this, then they mean trouble. You can't call backup yet as you'll trouble your fellow officers too early. Call them when the speeder shows that he's not going to follow the rule of law, despite being in the presence of a peace officer. And don't complain, try to do your job, the day's just started, you'll run into more of these situations later on. Be friendly but firm. Give people a lot of chances to think about what they're done and they'll soon see the light. Those kinds of people may be annoying but they aren't criminals. Its the people who think they can just get away with anything who are the problem.

Historical Storyteller Historical Storyteller Haz. Haz. Kazig Kazig
Carl drives a bit faster, keeping close to the speeder. Though they don't take notice. Probably cause they're a bad driver and didn't even think to look in their rearview mirror!

They turn to the highway, and then start speeding up drastically. By now, they've already become a massive threat to the safety of other drivers. Weaving in and out of lanes like this is a movie, which it is certainly not!
This highway's max is 65 mph, by the way. Whoever this is has to have been moving at 90, or even worse.

Mx15cRG.png
Different plan. What's it gonna be?
21JbjOb.png
"Call this in, Abraham. I'm not gonna be as much of a risk as this prick."
XP6fv1f.png
Turn on the sirens and drive after the speeder.

CHAOTIC
s7ascqs.png
s7ascqs.png
5DzZWfo.png
5DzZWfo.png
5DzZWfo.png
5DzZWfo.png
5DzZWfo.png
LAWFUL

XP6fv1f.png
Turn on the sirens and drive after the speeder

Though if he doesn't slow down after this we're going to have to stop and call in backup

I don't know how to make the symbol, but I'd say call it in.

You can right click one of them and Copy Image Address, then press Ctrl+P, click the second option in the box that pops up, and paste the address into the box.
Ah, okay! Thank you very much!

Based on the earlier choices, Carl's a pretty lawful good-kinda guy, so I'd imagine he'd pick 1540527225909.png.

Historical Storyteller Historical Storyteller Haz. Haz. Kazig Kazig
Carl drives a bit faster, keeping close to the speeder. Though they don't take notice. Probably cause they're a bad driver and didn't even think to look in their rearview mirror!

They turn to the highway, and then start speeding up drastically. By now, they've already become a massive threat to the safety of other drivers. Weaving in and out of lanes like this is a movie, which it is certainly not!
This highway's max is 65 mph, by the way. Whoever this is has to have been moving at 90, or even worse.

Mx15cRG.png
Different plan. What's it gonna be?
21JbjOb.png
"Call this in, Abraham. I'm not gonna be as much of a risk as this prick."
XP6fv1f.png

CHAOTIC
s7ascqs.png
s7ascqs.png
5DzZWfo.png
5DzZWfo.png
5DzZWfo.png
5DzZWfo.png
5DzZWfo.png
LAWFUL

XP6fv1f.png

This doesn't look good, but it seems that Speedy Gonzalez has left us no choice. We gotta play copper for now.

Winter_Wolf Winter_Wolf Kazig Kazig Lightna Lightna Haz. Haz. Historical Storyteller Historical Storyteller
"Buckle up." Carl says as he turns on the sirens and steps on the gas.

Abraham gives him this look. "I -am- buckled in. I'm a police officer; what kind of- ugh!" He was interrupted as Carl stepped on the gas.

Catching up to an extremely fast car was no easy feat. It had already made a significant amount of distance in the few seconds that they were observing, and was becoming smaller by the second. As it recklessly slips past an innocent driver, a mirror breaks off the latter's car and flies into the windshield of the cop car. Only a few scratches, so it was fine.

Abraham picks up the radio to make a report. "This is Abraham, we got someone running a 90 on a 65. We need some backup at the Whitestone highway." Carl didn't interrupt him.

Luckily, after a few seconds, the speeder's car got too close to one of the stone barriers on the highway, grinding against it for several seconds, taking some serious damage and slowing down a bit. "Jesus christ..." Carl catches up to the right of the speeder quickly enough, now that they've slowed down.
The speeder turns right with extreme prejudice, hitting Carl's car. "Shit!" From the looks of it, that was intentional. The car moves a few lanes after, as if rearing up for another attack. "He's trying to run us off the road!"

i6849FE.png
Slam their car back in response.
WQ0Tvq4.png
Hit the brakes!
XP6fv1f.png
Draw your weapon and fire through the speeder's window.

CHAOTIC
s7ascqs.png
s7ascqs.png
s7ascqs.png
5DzZWfo.png
5DzZWfo.png
5DzZWfo.png
5DzZWfo.png
LAWFUL

>Ease on the brakes, get the license plate, call for backup

If we hit the brakes on a highway we cause a car accident, but if we keep going 90 we still cause a car accident.

Kazig Kazig
Don't worry, i'm sure that everyone behind the car slowed down or stopped because of what was happening. Especially the ones that got hit on accident.

Well in that case...

WQ0Tvq4.png
Hit the brakes!
(Still get the license plate and backup if possible though)

This is going really great so far!
>Hit the brakes (and possibly get a number plate)

Lightna Lightna Kazig Kazig Winter_Wolf Winter_Wolf Jarizard Jarizard Malz Malz
Carl steps on the brake, quickly slowing his car by at least 30 mph. As he slows down, the speeder's car misses in its attempt to slam his car off the road, and ends up flying off the road itself, flipping over. Luckily, there's only a small incline of grass, so the speeder didn't fall off a high point. "Holy shit..." Abraham comments. Indeed.

Making sure to check the rearview mirror, Carl slows the car and parks it off to the side. "Alright, let's see if this guy is still kicking." He exits the car and draws his Beretta 92, with Abraham doing the same.
The speeder's car was smoking, and could light up any minute. The two cops approached cautiously, aiming where the driver should be. Leaning in, he could see the speeder knocked out, with the airbag shoved in his face. "Abraham, he's unconscious in here."

"Can you get him out?" Yes he can. Carl takes his baton from his belt and whacks the window twice, breaking it. The door probably wasn't gonna work, anyway. Then he pulls the speeder out with one hand while keeping his gun trained on him. "He doesn't have any serious injuries, so no medical attention for this asshole." Carl comments, rolling him over and handcuffing him.

7 Minutes Later...
More police had arrived on the scene, and business on the highway resumed as usual. A few men were making sure the wreckage wasn't going to explode before searching it. "Hey, I think I see a revolver in there." Abraham comments. Sure enough, there was, on the 'floor' of the car. Carl walks over and reaches through one of the broken windows, grabbing it. "I don't think the owner's gonna want it back anytime soon."

"Hey fellas, I think one of the dogs found something!" An officer said, as the nearby dog tried digging into the trunk.

"Open her up, then." The officer is about to open the trunk with a crowbar, but then hesitates. "You wanna do the honors?"
"Sure." Carl takes the crowbar and with a mighty heave, pops the trunk open.
Several white bricks, along with some powder loose themselves from a cardboard box.

... ... ... "I'm no expert, but I think I know why that guy was speeding."

7:01 PM, April 11th
Someone called 911, because apparently he wanted a refund for his shoes, and the cashier was refusing.
Luckily we were in the neighborhood, and it didn't take us long to reach the shoe store.

"Alright they were... HEY YOU! HOW MUCH WERE THEY!" "Those were $11.99..." "ELEVEN NINETY-NINE!"
The bells on the door rang as the two cops opened the door. It was pretty obvious who the perp was; a man holding a phone, with an unshaven face, and with no concept of personal hygiene as all... The man turns at the two, completely oblivious to their intent. "The fuck are you two looking at?!"

Mx15cRG.png
"Sir, we've heard something about a disturbance. What seems to be the problem?"
i6849FE.png
"You should watch your tongue, we're the police."
21JbjOb.png
"Some fat fuck who thinks they're the king of the world."
XP6fv1f.png
[Draw Weapon] "Get down on the ground, now!"

CHAOTIC
s7ascqs.png
5DzZWfo.png
5DzZWfo.png
5DzZWfo.png
5DzZWfo.png
5DzZWfo.png
5DzZWfo.png
LAWFUL

Lightna Lightna Kazig Kazig Winter_Wolf Winter_Wolf Jarizard Jarizard Malz Malz
Carl steps on the brake, quickly slowing his car by at least 30 mph. As he slows down, the speeder's car misses in its attempt to slam his car off the road, and ends up flying off the road itself, flipping over. Luckily, there's only a small incline of grass, so the speeder didn't fall off a high point. "Holy shit..." Abraham comments. Indeed.

Making sure to check the rearview mirror, Carl slows the car and parks it off to the side. "Alright, let's see if this guy is still kicking." He exits the car and draws his Beretta 92, with Abraham doing the same.
The speeder's car was smoking, and could light up any minute. The two cops approached cautiously, aiming where the driver should be. Leaning in, he could see the speeder knocked out, with the airbag shoved in his face. "Abraham, he's unconscious in here."

"Can you get him out?" Yes he can. Carl takes his baton from his belt and whacks the window twice, breaking it. The door probably wasn't gonna work, anyway. Then he pulls the speeder out with one hand while keeping his gun trained on him. "He doesn't have any serious injuries, so no medical attention for this asshole." Carl comments, rolling him over and handcuffing him.

7 Minutes Later...
More police had arrived on the scene, and business on the highway resumed as usual. A few men were making sure the wreckage wasn't going to explode before searching it. "Hey, I think I see a revolver in there." Abraham comments. Sure enough, there was, on the 'floor' of the car. Carl walks over and reaches through one of the broken windows, grabbing it. "I don't think the owner's gonna want it back anytime soon."

"Hey fellas, I think one of the dogs found something!" An officer said, as the nearby dog tried digging into the trunk.

"Open her up, then." The officer is about to open the trunk with a crowbar, but then hesitates. "You wanna do the honors?"
"Sure." Carl takes the crowbar and with a mighty heave, pops the trunk open.
Several white bricks, along with some powder loose themselves from a cardboard box.

... ... ... "I'm no expert, but I think I know why that guy was speeding."

7:01 PM, April 11th
Someone called 911, because apparently he wanted a refund for his shoes, and the cashier was refusing.
Luckily we were in the neighborhood, and it didn't take us long to reach the shoe store.

"Alright they were... HEY YOU! HOW MUCH WERE THEY!" "Those were $11.99..." "ELEVEN NINETY-NINE!"
The bells on the door rang as the two cops opened the door. It was pretty obvious who the perp was; a man holding a phone, with an unshaven face, and with no concept of personal hygiene as all... The man turns at the two, completely oblivious to their intent. "The fuck are you two looking at?!"

Mx15cRG.png
"Sir, we've heard something about a disturbance. What seems to be the problem?"
i6849FE.png
"You should watch your tongue, we're the police."
21JbjOb.png
"Some fat fuck who thinks they're the king of the world."
XP6fv1f.png
[Draw Weapon] "Get down on the ground, now!"

CHAOTIC
s7ascqs.png
5DzZWfo.png
5DzZWfo.png