• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern California: The Goddammit Chronicles

Winter_Wolf Winter_Wolf Tombstone Tombstone Blorf Blorf
"Where has the accident happened?" It was a little hard to pick up anything the caller was saying. It -was- a highway, after all.

"Out on... ... ...east, I think." See?

Ana cleared her throat. "Sir, would you please repeat that? It's a bit hard to hear you over the traffic."

"44th East!" He yelled really loudly.

"Alright, i'll send an ambulance." Yes, cause that was totally enough information.

...apparently the driver that crashed had been drinking a bit too much, and despite the begging from his friends to not drive, he insisted that he was completely fine.

6:55 PM
The phone starts to ring again. "9-1-1, what's your emergency?"

"Listen here, this fucker thinks she can't give me a goddamn refund! I don't like these dumbass shoes, and I want a refund!"

≫HANG UP
≫WARNING
≫RECEIPT

(This is Ana's Stress-o-meter. It is affected by whether the calls frustrate her, or break her.)
u6cTrBx.png
█ █ █ █ █ █
emotion-sad-png.484646
Emotion-Sad.png

Last edited:
I instantly thought of this being a nutjob who's holding a cashier at gunpoint because they won't give him a refund. I don't know why they'd call 911, why I thought of that, or what option to pick for that. I guess I want to guess twists where they probably don't exist.

>> Warning

Partly to make sure it isn't an emergency, partly to make sure this guy doesn't call again.

I'm not sure I understand what "receipt" means here?

I'm thinking warning as well but I just want to know what receipt is. Just asking if the dude even has the receipt?

Winter_Wolf Winter_Wolf Tombstone Tombstone Blorf Blorf
(Lol, i'm so lazy. If you picked receipt, Ana would've asked if the caller had a receipt.)
"Sir, you should only call 9-1-1 for an actual emergency."

"This IS an emergency!" "I'm gonna have to call the cops if you can't leave." That second person sounded like... the cashier, probably.

"I'm sorry, but as much as you think it is, this isn't a life threatening emergency. Please do not call this number again unless you have a real emergency."

"Hey, wait right there!" Ana sighs.

≫HANG UP
≫COMPLY
≫THREATEN

Emotion-Angry.png█ █ █ █ █ █Emotion-Sad.png

>> Comply

Could he potentially get dangerous? Is he just a waste of time? I dunno, I just picked something.

Hey! I'd like to hop in!

>>Comply

I don't think she should threaten because that could make the angry customer even more emotional, nor should she hang up because who knows if that cashier will have bad or worse news if they end up having to call the cops on the customer.

> Comply

I was going to go with threaten but on second thought this guy seems deranged, and may escalate things if he's provoked by threats or being ignored. Perhaps complying will at least avoid escalation, which could otherwise turn this into a true 911 call. If not offer the chance to talk him down.

Winter_Wolf Winter_Wolf Tombstone Tombstone Blorf Blorf Kasime Kasime
"Alright then, what do you want me to do about it?" Ana says, getting even more agitated from the prolonged, useless call.

Now listen here... pinnacle of human intelligence. "Tell this bitch that if she doesn't give me my refund, i'll get the cops to arrest her so I can get my refund!"

Ana smirks slightly. Now was time for this man to get his just rewards. "Okay sir, let me speak to the cashier."

Theres the sound of the phone being passed to someone else; presumably the cashier. "H-hello?"

"Does this man have a receipt?"

"Uhh, no, he doesn't..." "TELL HER TO GIVE ME MY DAMN REFUND!"

"Okay, l understand. Give the phone back, please." "S-sure..."

The phone is passed back to the angry man's hand. "So?"

Ana thinks about what satisfying comment she's gonna say next before she sends a few nearby police to deal with it...

≫ARREST CUSTOMER (THREATEN)
≫ARREST CASHIER (LIE)
≫QUESTIONS (DISTRACTION)

emotion-angry-png.485200
█ █ █ █ █ █
emotion-sad-png.485201

>Threaten

Calling 911 for a reason that isn't an emergency is a crime, asking questions could lose Ana her job, and lying about arresting the cashier the will probably lead to the man calling back.

>> Questions (Distraction)

If she's going to send cops to deal with the situation, I think she should keep the guy on the line and distract him until the police get there to deal with him for calling without an emergency, mainly because the cashier seems scared and if she just threatens him he might do something bad.

Winter_Wolf Winter_Wolf Tombstone Tombstone Blorf Blorf Kasime Kasime Kazig Kazig
(...should I keep mentioning y'all?)
"What store are you at?" Ana asks.

"What?"

"What store, are you at?" She repeats, thinking that was the angry customer being an asshole.

"Nikkel's shoe store."

"Thank you, and one second, sir. I have something else I need to check on for a moment. Please wait right there, okay?"

"Fine, whatever. Make it fast, okay?!" He seems to be getting a bit more belligerent, as if that wasn't obvious enough. Gonna need to hurry up, though.

Ana quietly notified a nearby police car in town to investigate the situation. Upon returning, she picked up the phone and said: "Thank you for your patience, sir. Now I have a few more questions for you before I can help you."

The caller growled. "Why?! Why do I have to go through so much bullshit before you can deal with this fucking shit?"

Ana scoffed. She would've put her legs up on the counter to accompany that, but obviously that was unprofessional. "Well if you don't need some police over to help you, then I can just leave."

"Wait, wait! What are the questions?" Wow, this guy was really desperate for his stupid refund.

Good question, hehe. What is the question gonna be about?

≫RECEIPT
≫REASON
≫PRICE
≫Suggest a different question.

emotion-angry-png.485200
█ █ █ █ █ █
emotion-sad-png.485201

>> Suggest a different question: What kind of shoes are they?

>>Reason. Why does he want the refund? Was there something wrong with the shoes or does he just need the money back? Was it true that he just doesn't like them after buying them? Is there another reason he wants the refund other than just money? Did his wife/husband start a fight with him for buying them?

Or maybe he's in trouble and needs the money to stop someone from doing something bad? Is that why he actually called 911 - because he's scared and needs his money back? I'm probably just reading too far into this situation haha

Either price or reason...coin toss...

> Price

Actually I feel pretty confident about that. If the shoes cost a pretty penny but didn't do it for him then he might get distracted ranting about a perceived rip off etc.

Winter_Wolf Winter_Wolf Tombstone Tombstone Blorf Blorf Kasime Kasime Kazig Kazig
(Okay picked it randomly.)
"How much did those shoes cost?"

"Why does that matter?"

"Because I want to know if that refund was worth it."

"Alright they were... HEY YOU! HOW MUCH WERE THEY!" "Those were $11.99..." "ELEVEN NINETY-NINE!"
Somehow, Ana can barely hear the door of the store opening. "The fuck are you looking at?!"

"..., ..'.. ..... .. ....... ....... ......., ..... ... .... ..-" Suddenly, there's sounds of a struggle and yelling. Sounds like the customer is trying to attack some people now.

≫HANG UP
≫NAH

emotion-angry-png.485200
█ █ █ █ █
emotion-sad-png.485201

Nah? Mind clarifying? Nah, don't hang up? Or does she yell "Nah, brah, nah!" into the phone?

There's even more crashing and banging, but eventually it dies down. "Yo, get the fuck off of me!"

Someone picks up the phone and doesn't immediately hang up. "Who is this?" Sounds like a man that isn't a total idiot; like a police officer.

"This is 911, is everything alright out there?" Ana answers, hoping that the situation has been dealt with.

"Yes. The person we apprehended tried attacking us, but we were able to restrain him."

Ana breathes a sigh of relief. "Oh thank you. I've been listening to this guy for a few minutes now."

"No problem, madam. Have a good rest of the evening." The police officer ends the call.

Now it was a good time to relax for a bit... if possible. Hopefully there wouldn't be any 'emergencies' any time soon.

7:39 PM
*RING RING RING!* Actually, phones don't make that sound anymore but whatever. "9-1-1, what's your- emergency?" Ana answers, quickly swallowing the strawberry she was just eating.

"Hey baby, want to have a good time?" Goddammmit, it's a creep!

≫FUCK YOU
≫WARNING
≫HANG UP

emotion-angry-png.485200
█ █ █ █
emotion-sad-png.485201

Users who are viewing this thread

Back