• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Calamity's Shadow: The Awakening -- OOC Thread

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here

MythyDW

Five Thousand Club
General:
-- RPN Rules apply, obviously
-- Respect each other
-- If it comes to it, the GM has the final word
-- Please keep topics such as IRL politics and religion out of the OOC. Feel free to chat about the RP and related, but keep hot-topics out

-- One post per week please, more preferred!
-- One paragraph minimum, more is nice!
-- Please do your best with spelling and grammar, and don't be overly critical of the same.
-- Please push the story or conversation forward in each post
-- Third Person Limited, past tense is preferred
-- If you need to take a break or drop, please let us know
-- Please tag all players whose characters are interacted with in your post
-- Let everyone have a chance at the spotlight
-- You can add set dressings and details in your post so long as they do not directly contradict the setting I presented to the players

Characters:
-- No Godmodding ; Any character (including creatures) that is made by someone else cannot be controlled by others without permission from the creator. The exception to this rule is by the GM in combat, where impacts can send characters flying, or they can be wrapped in vines and pinned, etc.
-- Feel free to make side NPCs as both fixtures in the character's life or as small-time interactions.
-- Please keep your character's abilities reasonable
-- The character is not the player

Last edited:
Go ahead and ask here! I really don't mind :D
I was mainly curious about the advancement of technology in the Kingdom of Rohdia -it's steampunk-like, right? I'm mainly asking about if this Kingdom has airships.
Oh, and a general description of the lay of the land would also be helpful.

Thanny Thanny
I was gonna link a picture of the Mad Cat Mk2 but RPN didn't like it. Do remember though that the continent had been cleaved in half so the Kingsmen have been separated from the Dragons and Dragonkin for a long while. They know of one another again now.

blitzfritz blitzfritz
It's kinda steampunk. No airships, but coal trains. By chance do you know anything about Warmachine/Hordes/Iron Kingdoms?

Oooh, yey. Out of curiosity, do *you* know Warmachine/Hordes/Iron Kingdoms?

Sadly, this is the first I have really looked into any of these board games. I have mainly been looking into D&D, Star Wars tabletops, Warhammer, and BattleTech, and have not recently stepped into a game store for, hoo, quite a while. I should look deeper into this, though!

Sadly, this is the first I have really looked into any of these board games. I have mainly been looking into D&D, Star Wars tabletops, Warhammer, and BattleTech, and have not recently stepped into a game store for, hoo, quite a while. I should look deeper into this, though!
Ah, okay. Fair enough. They have a new 5e setting book for it. Either way, it's somewhat of a big inspiration for the Kingsmen

In such a case, time to lore-binge into one or more of these! These sound very interesting for concepts and I would love to learn more.

MythyDW MythyDW

Okay, question. So first understand that I take no issue with the tattoo whatsoever, but I do have a question about it, remaining to a technique I wanted to have. So the gist of it is that she can create crystal armor that coats her skin that is transparent and nearly invisible unless you shine a light on it. I also planned to her to have a variant where she turns it into a mirror-like surface so she can camouflage. If she used this would you still be able to see the tattoo glow in through it?

Oh, and a general description of the lay of the land would also be helpful.
I found this old world map!
Meldena Jun15 14-18.png

Aquanette Aquanette
In the first example, is it the armor that is transparent or her? I think that the tattoo would be visible in that case though. As for the mirror camouflage... I think that would be better at hiding the glow

MythyDW MythyDW usually something sunlight or moonlight or is you're close up on her and think to pay attention enough you might notice a glossy sheen on her skin.

-flops in wanna talk about stuff-
Well, if you wanna talk about stuff, then describe what your world is like. The cities and their steamfunk-like aesthetic, the topography and such-I plan on making a techy human bounty hunter (who's worked on the trains and their engines) so any information is welcome

I need to make a character sheet at some point, just feeling blah today.

To be honest the Kingdom of Rhoda is kinda heavily based on Cygnar from Iron Kingdoms. Without any knowledge of that, though... so the cities themselves are kinda like standard-ish high fantasy. Stone streets, varied buildings, kinda depends on the size of the town. Capital has a huge castle and large city-town surrounding it.

The aesthetic I'm unsure about. They have steam trains but also automata that are powered from the magical 'hearts' that give them their awareness and personalities, though they are not truly sentient. Beyond that they have magitek-ish swords, bows, glaives, as well as guns with rotating cylinders and bolt-action.

To be honest the Kingdom of Rhoda is kinda heavily based on Cygnar from Iron Kingdoms. Without any knowledge of that, though... so the cities themselves are kinda like standard-ish high fantasy. Stone streets, varied buildings, kinda depends on the size of the town. Capital has a huge castle and large city-town surrounding it.

The aesthetic I'm unsure about. They have steam trains but also automata that are powered from the magical 'hearts' that give them their awareness and personalities, though they are not truly sentient. Beyond that they have magitek-ish swords, bows, glaives, as well as guns with rotating cylinders and bolt-action.
So it sounds like it's a mix between steampunk end high fantasy then? Would that be accurate?

So it sounds like it's a mix between steampunk end high fantasy then? Would that be accurate?
I would say so, yes. And on the other side, the land of the Dragons is more like your high fantasy elves. Like, they live in cities entwined with trees and whatnot

Okay, this is cool. I can very much work with this for my character. Thank you so much!

I'm not entirely sure how one gets magitek when the Kingsmen can't use magic, but I can think of some ideas. The main one I'm toying with are crystals that grow up from the ground. Kinda like Eridum in Borderlands 2, if you know that

I would say so, yes. And on the other side, the land of the Dragons is more like your high fantasy elves. Like, they live in cities entwined with trees and whatnot
So you clarify it's a mix of steampunk, high fantasy, and elven fantasy which is untamed nature or at th very least intertwined with nature...sounds good to me.

Thinking up a look for my agent.

Also MythyDW MythyDW Dragonkin, do they look entirely human, or do they have abnormal features that make them look related to dragons like horns, tails, scale patterns, sharp teeth or abnormal eyes? Just trying to get a sense of what I should be doing with her.

Thinking up a look for my agent.

Also MythyDW MythyDW Dragonkin, do they look entirely human, or do they have abnormal features that make them look related to dragons like horns, tails, scale patterns, sharp teeth or abnormal eyes? Just trying to get a sense of what I should be doing with her.
The idea is/was that they looked like Kingsmen if they didn't have their tattoos. But am now debating if there are some abnormal features. Nothing big, maybe eyes or so. More subtle if anything

Users who are viewing this thread

Back