• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy CAINHURST - OOC CHAT

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Um, I think you double tagged a person. If you could check the list there are two Akaroth Von somethings in the updated cast list in the RP section. Btw, looks like things are getting interesting...

Though Relatia seems to be a crumb compared to everything else that's epicly going on (nothing wrong with that as I'm new). But given her position, and her stance with the Dark Lords, I dunno tbh how she actually plays out.

Might have to improvise heavily...

Akaroth von Somethings? Really?

Probably coz you were GOOFIN' off geez

I'm supposed to be the exception, not the bloody rule!

Um, I think you double tagged a person. If you could check the list there are two Akaroth Von somethings in the updated cast list in the RP section. Btw, looks like things are getting interesting...

Though Relatia seems to be a crumb compared to everything else that's epicly going on (nothing wrong with that as I'm new). But given her position, and her stance with the Dark Lords, I dunno tbh how she actually plays out.

Might have to improvise heavily...

Fixed thanks

Did...Did this shadow...creature...man...thing? Just sneak into Blackrock entirely undetected?

Man, we boys in red really are amateurs..

I thought the same. He got in and out without anyone knowing? All the entrances and exits to the castle presumably should have been watched. What even is the point of bloodguard if they can't prevent something like this?

Way I see it, there are a few different ways something like this could be done.

He could have gotten in and out via an entry point no one knows about. A secret passage or one of those dwarven tunnels under the castle or what have you. Not too much the Bloodguard could have done about this, I suppose.

He could have scaled the outer wall and and then climbed up an unmonitored part of the castle to crawl in through a window. This would have been hard to do, because Bloodguard patrols on the wall and around the grounds are not always done in predictable intervals. He'd also have the task of getting out carrying Klyn via the same method, which would be even more difficult. Unless he can fly; if flying culprits are possible, though, and everyone knows they're possible, I would think putting guards at every window or chimney that could be used as an entry point would be the way to go.

He could have gotten in and out with magic. Teleportation or cloaking. If this is possible, and there's no way to detect if it's being done at any given time, I don't know what preventive measures could have been used to stop it.

He could have come in earlier disguised as a guest, then donned the mask later. Though I doubt this one, because he's not only left Blackrock, but he's ALL THE WAY TO SHADOWBARK now, and I don't know how he does that undetected if his method of entry was a disguise. If it had been the method, though, a good way to catch the culprit would have been to keep an accurate count of the number of people in the castle, then after the crime, see who's missing. Though apparently most of the nobles have now left before anyone even realizes something's wrong, so that wouldn't really be an option anymore anyway.

Whatever the case, this is severe incompetence on the part of the Bloodguard. This is literally what they're supposed to be there to prevent, and not only do they not prevent it, they don't even realize anything's wrong. If I were Ulfric, I'd be tempted to either fire or execute the whole lot of them.

Last edited:
Way I see it, there are a few different ways something like this could be done.

He could have gotten in and out via an entry point no one knows about. A secret passage or one of those dwarven tunnels under the castle or what have you. Not too much the Bloodguard could have done about this, I suppose.

He could have scaled the outer wall and and then climbed up an unmonitored part of the castle to crawl in through a window. This would have been hard to do, because Bloodguard patrols on the wall and around the grounds are not always done in predictable intervals. He'd also have the task of getting out carrying Klyn via the same method, which would be even more difficult. Unless he can fly; if flying culprits are possible, though, and everyone knows they're possible, I would think putting guards at every window or chimney that could be used as an entry point would be the way to go.

He could have gotten in and out with magic. Teleportation or cloaking. If this is possible, and there's no way to detect if it's being done at any given time, I don't know what preventive measures could have been used to stop it.

He could have come in earlier disguised as a guest, then donned the mask later. Though I doubt this one, because he's not only left Blackrock, but he's ALL THE WAY TO SHADOWBARK now, and I don't know how he does that undetected if his method of entry was a disguise. If it had been the method, though, a good way to catch the culprit would have been to keep an accurate count of the number of people in the castle, then after the crime, see who's missing. Though apparently most of the nobles have now left before anyone even realizes something's wrong, so that wouldn't really be an option anymore anyway.

Whatever the case, this is severe incompetence on the part of the Bloodguard. This is literally what they're supposed to be there to prevent, and not only do they not prevent it, they don't even realize anything's wrong. If I were Ulfric, I'd be tempted to either fire or execute the whole lot of them.

These are all reasonable ways of infiltration if one was feeling suicidal, Blackrock has a number of defensive wards which block several of these tactics.

So, we've been doing all we can!

The fault clearly lies with the commander who did not ensure to properly cover all possible entryways, concealed, magical, or no.

You were saying something about executions?

So, we've been doing all we can!

The fault clearly lies with the commander who did not ensure to properly cover all possible entryways, concealed, magical, or no.

You were saying something about executions?

Absolutely as far as I'm concerned this is all on Derwin

Raises hand excitedly

Who better to protect the little princess than a man who can never be disarmed?
Well, that's not exactly true, but it sounds a lot more imposing that way.

Was anyone feeling brave and thinking of having a second character?
Was thinking of snagging a retainer spot with a catboi, faceclaims are a bit of a bother since I don't like using commissioned art and just using a screengrab of my Miqo'te feels like cheating.

I thought about making another bloodguard character back when there weren't many bloodguard, but now it doesn't seem necessary anymore.

Well, I'm comfortable only making one character per RP, so I'm pretty much good. Also, the shadows hold a lot more secrets than one might think...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back