• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy CAINHURST - OOC CHAT

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Ok.

Well, if anyone's interested in this theoretical buddy-buddy medieval detective plot within the opening days of the rp, let me know. I can write Derwin doing this himself, or with a group of npcs, but other players are welcome to join in if there is interest.

Kent Kent
I reckon Albert is the Javert to the Jean Valjean duo Kyln/Sep.
>Kyln trying to help Sep fit through a smol window and Albert catches them sneaking out of the castle.
>Kyln runs away
>Sep half-stuck in the window: Oi Kyln! Wait! Help! Oh. Hello there, Head Steward! Nice day for a walk eh?

i love the idea of playing detective with everyone in the first few days of the rp 👀 i think it'd be a good way to see how everyone thinks and reacts and interacts with everyone else. plus i love mysteries

i love the idea of playing detective with everyone in the first few days of the rp 👀 i think it'd be a good way to see how everyone thinks and reacts and interacts with everyone else. plus i love mysteries

Since Albert is labelled "sspymaster (secretly)" and your girl is going to behhis protege of sorts, it seems like a crime on castle grounds would be right up their alley. I was thinking about talking to Kent Kent about getting Albert involved somehow since he likely would have information about what happens and a vested interest in seeing a resolution.

Was also thinking about asking Simple_Traveler Simple_Traveler if Matias might want to get involved. He seems to be a member of the blood guard, so it makes sense Derwin might approach him for this. That said, if he's more of a retired bloodguard since becoming a tutor, maybe he won't work. Up to the author, really. Might have to make up some more rank and file blood guards for Derwin to command/work with if not.

Yeah, sure. Albert would certainly be involved because he is the House Steward if not the Spymaster, a crime on home grounds is horrible.

Cainhurst, but it's a gothic period crime drama. With undeads involved. I love it.
(reminds me of that one anime movie Empire of Corpses set during Victorian era)

dark fantasy au Clue. despite being gigantic, Blackrock surprisingly only has 9 rooms, conveniently with a murder weapon in each one

I mean, given the madness the Cainhursts are apparently known to possess, a potential murder weapon in every room doesn't seem out of the question, does it?

dark fantasy au Clue. despite being gigantic, Blackrock surprisingly only has 9 rooms, conveniently with a murder weapon in each one

Sep chilling in his room, then a bunch of Bloodguards and undead policemen shows up.
Sep dramatically turns around in his swivel chair with Ash bodypillow in hand: "What is it? I'm busy right now."

I'd say as a word of warning that attempting to do anything major while Blackrock is on high alert/security with guaranteed Dark Maiden presence within the castle is something you'd have to be mad to try, so would have to be a suitably minor thing.

Far better to get one of the Cainhurst kids out of Blackrock and alone if you were gonna try something, which they'd never be.

However, after Court I can definitely prepare a little thing full of intrigue, assassination and drama. Would probably be in Crowhaven I imagine.

What I was going to suggest was during the Black Court one of the Cainhurst children receives a personal invitation from one of the Nobles of Crowhaven - an old family friend. Trusted.

Ulfric approves, Cainhurst and a small entourage travel to that Noble's estate. Perhaps there's a kidnap attempt or some such. Twists and turns perhaps lead to a Necromancer planning to ursurp Ulfric's throne or some such. (Absolutely out of his depth honestly)

Edit: Probably add an extra layer of intrigue that Ulfric knows its dodgy (he's got a spy master and Lucrezia is pretty on stuff as well) and uses it as a means of forcing A) a rival Necromancer to reveal himself B) Test the competence of that Cainhurst's entourage C) test the Cainhurst Sibling's ability to survive and D) Crush his enemies in the process.

All a win/win for the Dark Lord really Of course the poor old Jojo gang wouldn't know they're heading into a trap.

Last edited:
Sep chilling in his room, then a bunch of Bloodguards and undead policemen shows up.
Sep dramatically turns around in his swivel chair with Ash bodypillow in hand: "What is it? I'm busy right now."

Ash: Where did he get that
Lucrezia: Merchandising is important

What I was going to suggest was during the Black Court one of the Cainhurst children receives a personal invitation from one of the Nobles of Crowhaven - an old family friend. Trusted.

Ulfric approves, Cainhurst and a small entourage travel to that Noble's estate. Perhaps there's a kidnap attempt or some such. Twists and turns perhaps lead to a Necromancer planning to ursurp Ulfric's throne or some such. (Absolutely out of his depth honestly)

Edit: Probably add an extra layer of intrigue that Ulfric knows its dodgy (he's got a spy master and Lucrezia is pretty on stuff as well) and uses it as a means of forcing A) a rival Necromancer to reveal himself B) Test the competence of that Cainhurst's entourage C) test the Cainhurst Sibling's ability to survive and D) Crush his enemies in the process.

All a win/win for the Dark Lord really Of course the poor old Jojo gang wouldn't know they're heading into a trap.

That works.

My idea was going to be part of the library gets burnt down the night before the rp starts. Librarian who was on duty turns up burnt to a crisp in the wreckage. It's made to look like an accident, ie there's a spent candle near the body, so it just looks like the fire started due to a careless mistake. Derwin isn't convinced and decided to dig deeper. Intrigue intensifies.

Ash: Where did he get that
Lucrezia: Merchandising is important

Kyln is responsible for the drawing and printing. Sep is the face on the billboard and salesman.
Order now, and get a free skeleton undead action figure! Shipping fees vary. Batteries sold separately.

Kyln is responsible for the drawing and printing. Sep is the face on the billboard and salesman.
Order now, and get a free skeleton undead action figure! Shipping fees vary. Batteries sold separately.

only a five percent chance to pull the ssr doll, gotta pay a lotta money if you wanna keep summoning till you get the one you want.

That works.

My idea was going to be part of the library gets burnt down the night before the rp starts. Librarian who was on duty turns up burnt to a crisp in the wreckage. It's made to look like an accident, ie there's a spent candle near the body, so it just looks like the fire started due to a careless mistake. Derwin isn't convinced and decided to dig deeper. Intrigue intensifies.
But I do believe that would be quite difficult. If it was intentional then the perpetrator may have had the support of a really really strong person otherwise they wouldn't escape the eyes and eyes of Albert and the rest of the powerful people in Blackrock.

That works.

I'd rather save extreme events like that for now, but it's a neat idea certainly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back