• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy CAINHURST - OOC CHAT

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

Avari

Four Thousand Club
Last edited:
Hello, hope everyone is having a good day. So, I thought up this race idea and I wanted to run it by you all.
The Arachne- a group of beings that have the upper half of a humanoid and the lower half of a spider (think centaurs, 'cept spider instead of horse). Despite their creepy appearance the Arachne are a generally peacful race. Unfortunately they faced an extreme amount of persecution down south as the Church saw them as man-eating monsters, despite the fact that Arachne hate the taste of humanoid flesh and prefer hunting animals. A large group of them luckily found sanctuary in Hallowvale, making names for themselves as weavers, seamstresses, doctors, alchemists, and soldiers.
That's about about all I have for now, what do you think?

Hello, hope everyone is having a good day. So, I thought up this race idea and I wanted to run it by you all.
The Arachne- a group of beings that have the upper half of a humanoid and the lower half of a spider (think centaurs, 'cept spider instead of horse). Despite their creepy appearance the Arachne are a generally peacful race. Unfortunately they faced an extreme amount of persecution down south as the Church saw them as man-eating monsters, despite the fact that Arachne hate the taste of humanoid flesh and prefer hunting animals. A large group of them luckily found sanctuary in Hallowvale, making names for themselves as weavers, seamstresses, doctors, alchemists, and soldiers.
That's about about all I have for now, what do you think?

I like it! It might be easier if they're more human shaped though, if only for consistency - perhaps they have mandibles and and multiple eyes? A more carapace like skin?
Something like that

Eithers good, it can get added to the lore when it's all been hashed out

It might be an idea if you're taking the more spider-like route that they actually eat... Everything? And the reason they were actually pushed out of the rest of Aether was that they WERE eating people. And cattle. And kids.

Perhaps there's a nest deep in Hollowvale somewhere.

i love the concept of the dark maidens oh my! , is the hper form like a transformation of sorts?

CS is now up! Don't post characters yet but feel free to start workin on them if you havent already!

CS

i hope someone needs a loyal servant. i love playing mundane characters next to superpowered ones, it's just fun thinking of ways i have to push myself to catch up. was thinking of undead human maidservant, who might've been a former nanny to the Cainhurst children but is now one of their retainers. either that or one of their noble peers who's terrified of the siblings but also half in love and supremely loyal 🤔

i hope someone needs a loyal servant. i love playing mundane characters next to superpowered ones, it's just fun thinking of ways i have to push myself to catch up. was thinking of undead human maidservant, who might've been a former nanny to the Cainhurst children but is now one of their retainers. either that or one of their noble peers who's terrified of the siblings but also half in love and supremely loyal 🤔

Can't be undead yourself, but sounds good!

i love Severa already! i love the contrast between being murdery and being a loving older sister <3

i can't wait for everyone else to post. i'm writing my chara's cs rn, but considering part of her schtick is her absolute devotion to the younger Cainhurst kids, i'm excited to see who they'll be 👀

i love Severa already! i love the contrast between being murdery and being a loving older sister <3

i can't wait for everyone else to post. i'm writing my chara's cs rn, but considering part of her schtick is her absolute devotion to the younger Cainhurst kids, i'm excited to see who they'll be 👀

Oh gosh thank yew

gheist gheist amazing work G <3,

We'll go through in detail later obv but one minor adjustment - if her brother was "revived" he'd just be a mindless zombie slave. No personality.

So you could either angle it that he was very, very sick and they couldn't pay the Healer, OR her mother knew she'd be a zombie - went through with it and is just a bit loopy with a zombie bro shuffling around.

gheist gheist amazing work G <3,

We'll go through in detail later obv but one minor adjustment - if her brother was "revived" he'd just be a mindless zombie slave. No personality.

So you could either angle it that he was very, very sick and they couldn't pay the Healer, OR her mother knew she'd be a zombie - went through with it and is just a bit loopy with a zombie bro shuffling around.
thanks! i like the idea of her mom being so nuts she's just happy he's """alive""", never mind him being mindless. that'd be great actually, bc that means all that sacrifice was for nothing, and Jeanne can't ever actually reunite with him bc...he's a mindless slave. i'll edit it to make it clear tho.

edit: are undead slaves bought and sold btw? i'm assuming they are but i just wanted to make sure.

thanks! i like the idea of her mom being so nuts she's just happy he's """alive""", never mind him being mindless. that'd be great actually, bc that means all that sacrifice was for nothing, and Jeanne can't ever actually reunite with him bc...he's a mindless slave. i'll edit it to make it clear tho.

edit: are undead slaves bought and sold btw? i'm assuming they are but i just wanted to make sure.

I suppose they could be, the lore hasn't been set yet. I was gonna go with whoever raises that undead is that undead's master - so it can't really be transfered over. Perhaps ownership can be changed, the idea of a Zombie market is quite neat

Users who are viewing this thread

Back