• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy CAINHURST: A Dark Character RP! [Closed!]

Avari

Four Thousand Club
CHAPTER.jpg

OOC

INTRODUCTION

"You shall see with your own eyes...just what kind of thing true darkness is."

House Cainhurst are a family of powerful Necromancers and Dark Mages that rule the northern lands of Aether - a land of the Dead known as "Hollow Vale."
From the formidable ancient fortress of Blackrock Castle, the Cainhursts have ruled with an Iron Fist over the surrounding cities for a hundred years. With an army of Undead at their command, it has been a relatively prosperous and peaceful era for those who have submitted to Cainhurst rule.

But all is not well in the Land of the Dead.

Lord Ulfric Cainhurst's grip on sanity is slowly fading. The most powerful Necromancer in ten generations, there are none who yet dare stand against him despite his advanced age and paranoia.

His orders are becoming crueler and the inhabitants of Hollow Vale and even Blackrock itself live in growing fear of earning his ire.

There are rumors of rebellion and whispers of war across the nation.

But you are a Child of Cainhurst.

Trained from childhood in the ways of Dark Magic and subterfuge, you have so far survived the backstabbing and machinations of Blackrocks court.

But with your mad fathers eyes ever watching, will you allow everything that the Cainhursts have built crumble into dust?

Welcome to Blackrock.

THE RP

Inspired by Fire Emblem, Bloodborne, Majora's Mask, Overlord and a couple of my own recycled RPs, CAINHURST is a character led role play that follows the stories of the Cainhurst siblings and other inhabitants of Blackrock.
In depth lore is already in place to ease you into the world, and will be a fairly small scale affair - focusing on the sort of drama one might expect living with a bunch of Dark Mages, Necromancers and Undead servants. There will be a vague overarching plot, but Ideas where the story should go are welcomed, and player interaction is actively encouraged.

In terms of roles, the Cainhurst children are the main roles available with only the eldest sister role being unavailable.
If you'd like to play as one of the younger children, still learning the ways of Dark Magic - that's A-OK. If you'd rather play as one of the older siblings, fully versed in the ways of darkness and political wisdom - that's great too! A zombie obsessed maniac? A expert of arcane sword craft? A Dark Healer? A more politically focused character working at court to delay Ulfric's madder orders? The only vague rule is that all the siblings are rather close, and work together to survive their fathers madness.

Other roles are also available, if you'd rather play as one of the servants of Blackrock (Not the easiest life), a guard, or anyone else you think might think would be an interesting addition to the cast.

More lore will be forthcoming to assist with character drafting, but I'm hoping this will be a fairly fun little RP.

Thanks for reading!

ROLE EXAMPLES

DARK MAIDENS.jpg
sgsgsg.jpg
neko sha.jpg
dwarves.jpg
ELV.jpg

CHARACTER SHEETS
-----> LORE PAGE <-----
NPC GUIDE
RP

Attachments

• cainhursts.jpg
    cainhursts.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 363
  • cardart_ORI_UndeadServant.jpg
    cardart_ORI_UndeadServant.jpg
    225.5 KB · Views: 372
  • Ulfric.jpg
    Ulfric.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 371
  • narcissa.jpg
    narcissa.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 368
  • 8594431ec70ff37c8abed12c156a2f52.jpg
    8594431ec70ff37c8abed12c156a2f52.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 370
Last edited:
Only+on+pc+yakuza+0+majima+stole+_ab6caba35fa7d7079673ed09cdc9e9c0.gif

This sounds really interesting! I am a bit of a Fire Emblem fan myself, and this sounds great, just vibing with me right now. I'd love to join! Younger sibling possibly,

Seems up my alley. Quick question, are we allowed to play as undead characters?
I'll gladly join no matter the answer, I just want to know while conjuring up any character ideas.

I'll gladly join no matter the answer, I just want to know while conjuring up any character ideas.

No undead im afraid. The undead are slaves to the will who created them, and not capable of conversation or anything like that. Well, apart from Lichies but I haven't really thought about them lol

Due to the crazy interest I'll probably close the interest check in like 12 hours so I'm not overwhelmed aha!

Thank you all for your interest <3

On further thought I could probably allow some sort of ghost like creature?

vastly interested in this. i love me a good dark fantasy vibe and i like it when a royal family isn't immediately at each other's throats! i'd love to be a servant tho, or a close relative, trying to help the royal kids survive.

Would it be okay to possibly suggest abilities for my younger sibling/message you about that? Also, probably thinking in the bracket of twenty - not to conflict with the current ages suggested here. Just so I know that the idea is sound and not too far from what you have pictured here.

vastly interested in this. i love me a good dark fantasy vibe and i like it when a royal family isn't immediately at each other's throats! i'd love to be a servant tho, or a close relative, trying to help the royal kids survive.

Yep, I might have just the thing for you.

Would it be okay to possibly suggest abilities for my younger sibling/message you about that? Also, probably thinking in the bracket of twenty - not to conflict with the current ages suggested here. Just so I know that the idea is sound and not too far from what you have pictured here.

All good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back