• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Café

It's more like a situation where he's familiar with the knowledge required, it's just not his forte, and the obscure notation and omission of details isn't helpful.

Charon is good for day 1. How do you feel about the magic I posted on the previous page so far?

Knowledge 6: The Emerald Crown
While in use, a burning wreathe of green fire encircles your head. Within one area of you and within the casting area, an inconsequential layer of plant growth sprouts suddenly and inexplicably from any viable surfaces, which will remain in place for the duration, and continue to live afterward if the climate of the area allows. Anyone who makes a roll to detect the traces of magic left by this spell has advantage. For the duration, you may know the location any walking creatures within the area covered by plants and may distinguish the number, but not size or any further detail. For the duration, you may spend additional manna to take one of the following actions on your turn:

The Castle Walls: You may cause a number of walls comprised of mighty oak trees equal to your knowledge score to burst from the ground at a location within the casting area which require two rounds to grow to full height. On round one, make a knowledge roll against the toughness of all foes within the area, if successful enemies are afflicted with slow by the difficult terrain. While slowed, they can only travel up to 1 area at a time. And have only one action, either Minor or Major, but not both. On round 2, they are 1 area tall and prevent entry and exit from the area, except for a Survival roll vs Charon's Spell Power. The wall has an Hp = Knowledge with a Toughness = 14. When Hp = 0 the wall becomes passable. If damaged with fire, every -2 Hp causes an explosion, dealing 1 damage to all creatures within the area.
Resist (Slow and Explosion): Survival
Mp cost: 2
Can the trees be parted by Charon's will allowing others to pass through it? And can the trees also be undone by him through his will? Because if yes, then ima make this a concentration spell.

The Castle Moat: You may cause a thick layer of thorned ivy to grow along any solid surface. Make a knowledge roll against the toughness of all foes in an area. If successful enemies are afflicted with Don't Move and Bleed.
Resist: Survival
Mp cost: 1
Duration (concentration): No. of minutes = knowledge

The Castle Guard:
Archer:
You cause large, aggresive plants to erupt from the ground within the area. They are seven feet in height and on their tops there is a thick and heavy flower bud with an opening at the very top. Make a knowledge roll against the toughness of all foes within a 2 area radius of the castle guard, if successful, they are dealt 1 damage per round.
Mp cost: 3
Duration (concentration): No. of rounds = knowledge

Footman:
You may cause large, aggressive bushes to erupt from the ground within the area. Make a knowledge roll against the toughness of all foes within the area, if successful, they are dealt 1 damage per round. They are seven feet tall and a have a ten foot reach, have two large tendril-like appendages brandishing massive shiny aubergines at the ends like clubs, and somehow appear to possess angry faces made out of leaves. They shake perplexedly in place, waiting for any creature that has not been designated by the caster as an ally to come within range of its intimidating and powerful aubergines. 🍆😡🍆
Mp cost: 2
Duration (concentration): No. of rounds = knowledge
You can have any number of effects active at the same time.
Target: 1 Area, plus 1 additional area for every 8 knowledge.
Casting Range: 1 Area

Level requirement: 4

I don’t know why but when I read Charon making Lysanthir laugh, I sqweed in joy. Like “He is making a friend! Or potential interest!”

It took him longer to make a friend than die.

Idk what it is with me trying to add linearly scaling parameters to the spells I make. I play a little too much League, or something.

Last edited:
What would you like me to roll for finding a map or learning about the geography of the area? Or, whether or not he would actually know the geography of the area?

I fell asleep early. XD

Okay! Knowledge +7 tracking Moss

Edited: 9+7 = 16. Found him!
So, Isa will see an additional 1 person with a rifle high in the cliffs on look out. And at the bottom of the pit there are two hidden others just also waiting with rifles out and looking at the muddy water. There are large melting icicle spikes around the pit where clearly a struggle happened.

What would you like me to roll for finding a map or learning about the geography of the area? Or, whether or not he would actually know the geography of the area?
If it's knowing the oasis around the area, nah, no need to roll. But he can buy a map in the market.

So there's Ebony Oasis to the west. 2 days away on foot, 3 hours on a mount. News is the oasis got stepped on by a goliath that's now dead some ways away from there. Nobody knows who killed it.

There is Desva Oasis, 5 days on foot, 1 day and an afternoon on a mount to the north in Desva village.

And Setcarmeru Oasis to the south 3 days away on foot, 1 day away on a mount. People daring enough to go to the Arid Badlands stop by here. This is also a popular bandit area where they trade for interesting artifacts they find in the Badlands. Like a small black market.

You can move faster when you travel. But after the first 8 hours of quick travel, I'll be asking for survival rolls to see if the character got exhausted.

So, Isa will see an additional 1 person with a rifle high in the cliffs on look out. And at the bottom of the pit there are two hidden others just also waiting with rifles out and looking at the muddy water. There are large melting icicle spikes around the pit where clearly a struggle happened.
Okay, so. Are they Templars? Are they with the elf artist people?

Surprise attack!
Dancing lights, fireball edition!
+6 combat roll
+2 from raven staff (since it’s a spell maybe?) at the Templars in the pit. XD

Edited: ouch. He is really pissed. XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back