• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Café

Knowledge +7
Library books +4
I don’t know if Ancient languages count but I will put it here, just in case. +4

And if Charon is giving advantage, then I’d roll double. I can wait until Zer0 Zer0 says it’s all clear.

The only suspect thing is the modifiers. Yall might just be able to resolve the modifiers and add it to whatever you roll.

Charon is helping so Isa would be getting advantage.

Knowledge +7
Library books +4
I don’t know if Ancient languages count but I will put it here, just in case. +4

And if Charon is giving advantage, then I’d roll double. I can wait until Zer0 Zer0 says it’s all clear.
Yis, this all good, you can roll.

So, as far as my character would know, there are few if any methods for imbuing objects with permanent magical effects other than using Materia?

How many people alive know how to make materia in this world?

So, as far as my character would know, there are few if any methods for imbuing objects with permanent magical effects other than using Materia?

How many people alive know how to make materia in this world?
Uh-huh~ I don't have a set lore for the methods so you can shoot me some ideas, though the limiting thing would be that the enchanter knows the spell. What we do have set up in the shop is that there are magic items that are rechargeable using ragnite, and then there are the items that don't need recharging but have a limited set of use after every long rest.

And I'd say in the non-templar lands, the people who know how to make materia are as numerous as let's say hardware stores in real life, though in some cultures a kind of enchanting may be more common placed such as the enlargement charms on tents in Barad Eithel and their solar surfers. In Templar lands that kind of thing is forbidden, so the people who know how to make materia there would probably be reserved for military? Secret military stuff? Or the rare rogue mechromancer hiding away somewhere?

Pet Panda Pet Panda

Cool, cool. So the lost knowledge in the current scenario we're in would be the spell Manuel imbued the ragnite with.

If Materia is the only thing that Charon knows of that binds magic to physical objects, he might reason that the well is imbued with some kind of materia, as well as the conduits for power and the daises and city's thrusters, possibly everything in that old tower that has some kind of magical function.

So if the mystery of how spells are bound to objects is solved, then the precise thing he doesn't know is what spell is 'attuned' to the materia.

If Materia is the only thing that Charon knows of that binds magic to physical objects, he might reason that the well is imbued with some kind of materia, as well as the conduits for power and the daises and city's thrusters, possibly everything in that old tower that has some kind of magical function.

So if the mystery of how spells are bound to objects is solved, then the precise thing he doesn't know is what spell is 'attuned' to the materia.
I'd say a DC18 Knowledge roll to read the runes on the well would tell him the spell that's keeping a piece of Titan's soul stone in there.

Also, I'll say that for ancient things, like the dais and the well that don't look like they were made with recent technology or modern steel, Charon would know Manuel didn't enchant that, but the people from the Age of Arcana. Pet Panda Pet Panda

Users who are viewing this thread

Back