• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Café

Yeah I saw that picture and the little hills in the pictures were like one dune in my head. I was like uuuummmm, Orochimaru who?

Yeah I saw that picture and the little hills in the pictures were like one dune in my head. I was like uuuummmm, Orochimaru who?
Exactly~ ...though now I imagine Orichimaru having a very flamboyantly colored snake that fans itself with it’s own tail feathers.....WHY XD

Hunt the dice gods.
XD Yes, so this is a rainbow snake, from the realm of Jotunheim, the land of the giants. One has never been seen in Leor, tales of it came from accounts in translated books from the Age of Arcana when the people of that time explored different realms. It is an intelligent creature that can control the weather and lives in Vimur River, a river where stone giants are born. Legends say that it comes out when its misty to hunt and eat stone giant children. It controls the weather around it to make it easier for it to hunt and escape. It can also turn itself into mist when cornered. And it seems that only male rainbow snakes are colorful, the female ones are grey.

“We was only seeing shadows, this mountain’s got plenty of strange beaks,” a crotchety woman no younger than seventy rocked impatiently in an odd, curved chair made of stone. It made the sound of a mortar and pestle as it bobbed forward and backward. She was at least as stout as the chair, etched with bird motifs around the edges, imagery too docile to match her dissatisfied face, brown, covered in spots and cracked with deep wrinkles like the surface of a desert, bone dry. A dusty pink and blue scarf tied in a knot under her chin only served to strengthen her unimpressed eyebrows. They were scraggly and short stranded like some types of moss found growing in thin carpets on rocks, but white. A deep set mouth set in a frown that she would probably take to her grave combined with brown eyes made small by a weakness in her eyelids instilled by time formed a fearsome portrait.

“Wasn’t till a hunter or two wound up dead and et we told the municipality; they send you?” she accused, glaring from under her wiry white hair and surveying the one before her with entirely too many years of knowledge. He didn’t look like a cop.

Nestled high in the green mountains of the Highlands, Cliffdrift Village ekes out a peaceful life of craft, art, work and trade. They live close with the land; it is unavoidable. There are no reliable trade routes on the mountain which would allow them to import their food, none large enough to support the three hundred or so populating those high cliffs. Farms etched into merciful valleys and filled with mountaintop silt and snowmelt supply tubers and mountain spices enough for everyone in the village. Strange beasts roam clifftops and blizzards. Most of them are too dangerous to hunt but are easy enough to avoid that hunters rarely die. Disease is rare too, it is the biting winters and their merciless icy blast from the northwest that take life most often.

One spring their peace was disturbed. Odd shadows could be seen southwest of the village, far enough not to cause trouble. Hunters traveling there gossipped about the beasts which were unrecognizable, with both scales and feathers, but disorganized and unreal. That winter, a hunter was found ripped apart on the rocks to the southwest. Then, the following summer, several hunters in a row were found attacked or mauled by unknown creatures nearer and nearer to the village. One day a traveler arrived carrying nothing but an undecorated brass staff, two young children and an infant bundled in cloth. They all wore heavy cloaks which hid their features. He never stated his name and many people had difficulty remembering he had even visited. Asking about these strange creatures, he was sent directly to an elder in the village. She described them to his liking and he left her toward the southwest. Neither he nor the children were seen until two summers had passed and he arrived at the village for some simple tools. He paid in some strange trinkets and returned to the southwest. No creatures bothered them since the stranger left the village those two summers ago.

Nestled into a strange valley with cliffs more shear than anywhere else in the highlands is a grand structure. A forest formed the base of the valley, through which several rivers flowed toward the south, ending mysteriously before they flow to the badlands to the south. The valley teems with life and most of it is similar to creatures elsewhere, but simply not the same, as though they changed slightly. This valley is quite thin and for the northern half of its seven mile length, it could be better described as a gorge. The further north in the valley one travels, the more of its floor is taken up by rivers. They all converge into a quickly rushing stream which flows from its head. At its head, the valley closes. Jutting from a sheer rock wall stretching the length of the valley, a massive structure battered on all sides by glittering waterfalls defies gravity and time. From a great distance it appears to be made of wood and bears some features common to buildings in some parts of Leor, but every detail is foreign. It is like looking at the parent of a best friend.

Nearing the building erases the familiarity and the illusion of homely wood construction. Dull metal struts fasten the great building to the cliff’s face. Pillars fastened to roofs and floors supported connected the building’s visible facets. From halfway between the cliff and the floor of the building, a subtle opening in the cliff face gushed water steadily. This artful exterior conceals a vast network of tunnels and chambers containing their fair share of beasts, equipment, and decrepit notes on blasphemous arts.

I would imagine Cliffdrift Rest is like one hex down and one or two to the left of Cliffdrift Village.

Also, any ideas on naming it? Cliffdrift Rest seems kinda underwhelming.

Plan making!

Okay, so I know Moss is useful in team snake because he can manipulate the water. He can keep them safe. L is good at healing, so she can go with team snake. Vidya has a high knowledge stat, so she can stay at the well. Magni seems like she’s a fighter type, so she’ll be good in either team. Either as someone who can help move that spider or as backup in a fight. Isa has a 7 knowledge stat and a 5 artisan stat, so he could stay at the well. He could also go to the snake because of his 3 charm and he does have his banishment spell (It puts whatever creature back into it’s home). I noticed that Charon has -2 charm and 6 knowledge, so he can go either or as well.

Which one would ya like to go? Because Isa will pick the other option. Pet Panda Pet Panda Zer0 Zer0 I’ll post tonight.

Last edited:

“We was only seeing shadows, this mountain’s got plenty of strange beaks,” a crotchety woman no younger than seventy rocked impatiently in an odd, curved chair made of stone. It made the sound of a mortar and pestle as it bobbed forward and backward. She was at least as stout as the chair, etched with bird motifs around the edges, imagery too docile to match her dissatisfied face, brown, covered in spots and cracked with deep wrinkles like the surface of a desert, bone dry. A dusty pink and blue scarf tied in a knot under her chin only served to strengthen her unimpressed eyebrows. They were scraggly and short stranded like some types of moss found growing in thin carpets on rocks, but white. A deep set mouth set in a frown that she would probably take to her grave combined with brown eyes made small by a weakness in her eyelids instilled by time formed a fearsome portrait.

“Wasn’t till a hunter or two wound up dead and et we told the municipality; they send you?” she accused, glaring from under her wiry white hair and surveying the one before her with entirely too many years of knowledge. He didn’t look like a cop.

Nestled high in the green mountains of the Highlands, Cliffdrift Village ekes out a peaceful life of craft, art, work and trade. They live close with the land; it is unavoidable. There are no reliable trade routes on the mountain which would allow them to import their food, none large enough to support the three hundred or so populating those high cliffs. Farms etched into merciful valleys and filled with mountaintop silt and snowmelt supply tubers and mountain spices enough for everyone in the village. Strange beasts roam clifftops and blizzards. Most of them are too dangerous to hunt but are easy enough to avoid that hunters rarely die. Disease is rare too, it is the biting winters and their merciless icy blast from the northwest that take life most often.

One spring their peace was disturbed. Odd shadows could be seen southwest of the village, far enough not to cause trouble. Hunters traveling there gossipped about the beasts which were unrecognizable, with both scales and feathers, but disorganized and unreal. That winter, a hunter was found ripped apart on the rocks to the southwest. Then, the following summer, several hunters in a row were found attacked or mauled by unknown creatures nearer and nearer to the village. One day a traveler arrived carrying nothing but an undecorated brass staff, two young children and an infant bundled in cloth. They all wore heavy cloaks which hid their features. He never stated his name and many people had difficulty remembering he had even visited. Asking about these strange creatures, he was sent directly to an elder in the village. She described them to his liking and he left her toward the southwest. Neither he nor the children were seen until two summers had passed and he arrived at the village for some simple tools. He paid in some strange trinkets and returned to the southwest. No creatures bothered them since the stranger left the village those two summers ago.

Nestled into a strange valley with cliffs more shear than anywhere else in the highlands is a grand structure. A forest formed the base of the valley, through which several rivers flowed toward the south, ending mysteriously before they flow to the badlands to the south. The valley teems with life and most of it is similar to creatures elsewhere, but simply not the same, as though they changed slightly. This valley is quite thin and for the northern half of its seven mile length, it could be better described as a gorge. The further north in the valley one travels, the more of its floor is taken up by rivers. They all converge into a quickly rushing stream which flows from its head. At its head, the valley closes. Jutting from a sheer rock wall stretching the length of the valley, a massive structure battered on all sides by glittering waterfalls defies gravity and time. From a great distance it appears to be made of wood and bears some features common to buildings in some parts of Leor, but every detail is foreign. It is like looking at the parent of a best friend.

Nearing the building erases the familiarity and the illusion of homely wood construction. Dull metal struts fasten the great building to the cliff’s face. Pillars fastened to roofs and floors supported connected the building’s visible facets. From halfway between the cliff and the floor of the building, a subtle opening in the cliff face gushed water steadily. This artful exterior conceals a vast network of tunnels and chambers containing their fair share of beasts, equipment, and decrepit notes on blasphemous arts.

Oh, man, I totally missed this. This is cool! Want me to add it to lore?

I would imagine Cliffdrift Rest is like one hex down and one or two to the left of Cliffdrift Village.

Also, any ideas on naming it? Cliffdrift Rest seems kinda underwhelming.
Got no ideas except maybe replace Cliffdrift with anoyher name? Maybe the name of a famous person or event?

Plan making!

Okay, so I know Moss is useful in team snake because he can manipulate the water. He can keep them safe. L is good at healing, so she can go with team snake. Vidya has a high knowledge stat, so she can stay at the well. Magni seems like she’s a fighter type, so she’ll be good in either team. Either as someone who can help move that spider or as backup in a fight. Isa has a 7 knowledge stat and a 5 artisan stat, so he could stay at the well. He could also go to the snake because of his 3 charm and he does have his banishment spell (It puts whatever creature back into it’s home). I noticed that Charon has -2 charm and 6 knowledge, so he can go either or as well.

Which one would ya like to go? Because Isa will pick the other option. Pet Panda Pet Panda Zer0 Zer0 I’ll post tonight.
Moss just thought Isa died and will be with him.

Charon is confident that he can help the snake return to their realm by... lifting it up into the sky with rocks using Levitate. If Isa even mentions that he has something that returns a creature to its original realm, he'll be on board with that plan almost instantly.

Last edited:
Okay, I’ll make this easier for everyone. I’ll write his plan on the post. - w - besides, I have a funny feeling that the mages might be stuck on something-island.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back