• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Café Presbytery |A Weirdly Modern Fantasy| Always Open! Please Join!

Eccentric_Undead

Oddity is the mother of creation. Be weird.
0bec1bf1b7eef1959599fca5e0214932.jpg

Welcome to Café Presbytery!

Here at the Café Presbytery, we pride ourselves on being the get away for all walks of life! Be they demon, human or anything in-between. This Café and bar is the premiere spot for delicious coffee from exotic regions, food prepared to mend the soul and spirits from only the best breweries! We treat all as family and tolerate no discrimination. All are welcomed to this most hollowed and peaceful place!

Welcome to Café Presbytery!
How can we serve you today?

Deep in this magical kingdom, inside it's bustling capital, is a magical place. Located in the trendy downtown market is Café Presbytery, an establishment visited by nobles, peasents and merchant alike! It is famous for sparing no expense in providing the most comforting and welcoming experience. Another draw is it's no separation or discrimination policy. No one will be treated differently due to race, romantic inclination or status. It is a melting pot for a quite evening on the town and is the only known place that doesn't treat others differently based on arbitrary constructs.

Its history is unknown, but the owner is a mystery. No one knows who he is or why he has such views when racism, classism and persecution are so common. Many come to his doors when no one else will take them in. He is widely renowned and he stands up for his people, no matter what they may be or where they come from. He has stood up to nobles, kings and knights for common folk and would give the shirt of his back for his family.

So, this is an odd one. We will be playing the daily lives of the workers in Café Presbytery. I will be playing the owner and generally speaking, there isn't much other rules!

- Firstly, you may play any race, sexuality species or whatever! The sky is the limits. This is a sort of light high fantasy. Magic is allowed, but please make sure you have a clear use for it in the Café.

- Second, be respectful of others choices! The owner will not tolerate discrimination and neither will I.

- Third, be active and literate. I know life comes up, but I would like a post at least 2 times a week with a minimum of 2 paragraphs. I prefer quality over quantity! If you aren't going to meet that quota, at least tell me.

- Prove you read this. In your request tell me your perfect date.

- Romance is fully allowed, but please don't throw it in anyone's face. Your characters are in love, but they are not the center of the entire groups story.

- Connected stories are allowed, but talk with other players first.

- My word is law. Accept it or you can get kicked.

-All RPN rules apply.

- Have fun!

Okay, so obviously we need roles and such! I will post character sheets and OCC if this gets off the ground. Run characters by me in PM's before hand. The roles will have more than one. I will need to spread them out so request a spot just in case. Roles:

Owner: Eccentric_Undead Eccentric_Undead

Bartenders:
Oumscar Oumscar

Barista's:
PurpleTrees PurpleTrees
salem. salem.
TooManyFish TooManyFish

Host/Hostess':
redroseknight redroseknight

Waiters/Waitresses:

bambino bambino
LesBiHonest75 LesBiHonest75

Cooks:
Howl Howl
Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3
Knight boi Knight boi

Security:

Clouds Clouds
ThePrime ThePrime

Manager:
TerrorKitty TerrorKitty

Bussers:
Ronsies Ronsies
Aravini Aravini

I can't wait to hear from you! Hope this gets up. Also, one last thing. PLEASE just have fun! We're all here for an escape. Don't make everyone regret joining.

Last edited:
I'm imagining a jolly and kind, but enormous and battle-scarred Dragonborn bartender. real wise, father-figure type beat, but quite goofy at the same time.
I am all for that! Might be the other cool calm type as the owner is a more really wise in a sort of mystic and odd way.

Hmm... I'm definitely interested but struggling to think of who'd I want to play. I'll have to come back later if I can figure that out (and I'll answer the extra question then.)

yeah for sure! like a steady presence behind the bar that is more often than not very friendly and welcoming, with a few nuances of his own.
Perfect! So, go ahead and start working out details. PM me with any questions. Hopefully we get a few more players.

Hmm... I'm definitely interested but struggling to think of who'd I want to play. I'll have to come back later if I can figure that out (and I'll answer the extra question then.)
Take your time. If you want any input or ideas, please just PM me.

Looking at this for when I'm off my hiatus, it seems like the thing I'd want to get back into! I'm looking to play a baker/barista, who also waits; Glace Sucre. Their ability is in sugar and ice, creating "glass" from it (like blown sugar, fancy decor on cakes etc.).

I don't really have thoughts on the "perfect date" but since you're asking; I'm thinking just a whole day of chilling, doing fun things; could be anything from going to the arcade, the boardwalk, rock climbing, "Tree Tops," watching a movie (but a good one for the love of god).

I’d love to be a Waiter!

hmm, probably staying in, watching scary movies and eating popcorn

Looking at this for when I'm off my hiatus, it seems like the thing I'd want to get back into! I'm looking to play a baker/barista, who also waits; Glace Sucre. Their ability is in sugar and ice, creating "glass" from it (like blown sugar, fancy decor on cakes etc.).

I don't really have thoughts on the "perfect date" but since you're asking; I'm thinking just a whole day of chilling, doing fun things; could be anything from going to the arcade, the boardwalk, rock climbing, "Tree Tops," watching a movie (but a good one for the love of god).
Might I ask when you plan to come off your hiatus? Also, love that magic idea!

I’d love to be a Waiter!

hmm, probably staying in, watching scary movies and eating popcorn
You got it! Can't wait to hear more about your character.

I just realized I probably made a silly misinterpretation. When I read host/hostess my brain went to Japanese host clubs, but I just remembered that's the term for the workers who seat people at restaurants :dead:

I just realized I probably made a silly misinterpretation. When I read host/hostess my brain went to Japanese host clubs, but I just remembered that's the term for the workers who seat people at restaurants :dead:
Yeah. No host club at this establishment. 🤭😂

hey, this seems pretty casually light-hearted & fun! Interested
EDIT: ahhhhh silly me, not reading the whole thing! My ideal date would be either going to a historical museum or a really cute, woodsy-type bookstore! I would like to play a character that is perhaps security? Don't have much an idea of what kinda power they'd have though....or they'd be a regular, if that's possible to play!

Last edited:
Hello! My idea of a perfect date is having a picnic and exploring unknown places!

As for a role, I would love to play a barista (or baker) who can bake certain pastries that will make the person who eats/drinks them, feel certain emotions. (ex. customer specifically requests a focus-labelled scone for a late study session.)

Okay, so still playing with ideas but I do know I want to play a host who's also kinda a mascot. I'm basically debating between wholesome baby or mischievous imp.

For the date deal, honestly just chilling at home, enjoying a good movie together or just watching my partner game while I relax.

I'm thinking like a week, but I'm not for certain.
Let me know!

hey, this seems pretty casually light-hearted & fun! Interested
EDIT: ahhhhh silly me, not reading the whole thing! My ideal date would be either going to a historical museum or a really cute, woodsy-type bookstore! I would like to play a character that is perhaps security? Don't have much an idea of what kinda power they'd have though....or they'd be a regular, if that's possible to play!
I do need a security guard. Customers will be NPC's. Let me know any details you come up with.

Hello! My idea of a perfect date is having a picnic and exploring unknown places!

As for a role, I would love to play a barista (or baker) who can bake certain pastries that will make the person who eats/drinks them, feel certain emotions. (ex. customer specifically requests a focus-labelled scone for a late study session.)
Well, every good coffee shop needs baker's. So, Barista who helps bake and the concept of emotions in baking is real interesting. I approve! 🤭

Okay, so still playing with ideas but I do know I want to play a host who's also kinda a mascot. I'm basically debating between wholesome baby or mischievous imp.

For the date deal, honestly just chilling at home, enjoying a good movie together or just watching my partner game while I relax.
I enjoy that concept. I personally like the wholesome baby angle, but both are great!

Enough have been interested! I will start working on an OCC tab and Character sheet. Should be up in two or three days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back