• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

simulationanomaly

Abort, Retry, Fail?
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hello, world! Call me whatever comes to mind, but if you can't think of anything, Anomaly works fine. I'm 24 years old, highly flexible, and your local unhinged character extraordinaire. I'm looking for a laid-back partner who doesn't mind this being my pastime rather than my entire life.

About me:
  • My time zone is EST. I don't mind if you're in a different one, but there's your point of reference.
  • I work a full-time night shift job with frequent overtime. This means that I'm probably going to be too dead tired to respond sometimes. I'll try to reply at least once per day, though.
  • I only feel comfortable doing RPs with people 18+. Even if there are no dark topics at play, I like to be able to have some form of private OOC communication with my partner, and I'm not sure if I'm comfortable with keeping an active private dialogue with a random kid.
  • It is rare that I will ever write a canon, and if I do, they will be side characters rather than main protagonists in the RP. I'm just not that secure with it yet.
  • I'm comfortable writing pairings of any gender, but I'm probably gonna gravitate towards queer pairings because I, myself, am the queer.
  • I am an English major and I'm capable of writing multiple detailed paragraphs, but my average is around six. This can fluctuate wildly higher or lower as writer's block and pacing dictates.
  • Ghost friendly and a ghost myself. My ADHD has led to me losing interest mid-RP more times than I'm aware of. Don't be afraid to give me a nudge if I've been gone a while!
  • I'm not great with code of any flavor and especially not the advanced BB that roleplayers tend to favor. My character sheets, responses, lore, any and all materials out of me will be plain text with maybe a basic text modifier or two for flavor.
  • I draw all of my OCs and will probably draw an entirely new ref for our RP. It's a pride issue, bear with me.
  • I love worldbuilding and plotting! Don't be afraid to PM me with any ideas you have! Also, I'm open to using Discord for OOC, and find it to be much faster and easier to organize than PMs anyways.
Preferences:
  • The condensed version of anything said/hinted at above: must be 18+, LGBT+ friendly, okay with me not playing any canon characters, okay with variable response length, okay with me not using codes
  • My favorite genres are science fiction, post-apocalypse, dystopia, and fantasy of any flavor. This also extends to things like modern fantasy, superheroes, ghosts, in general if there is a supernatural element I'll probably bite.
  • My hard passes are historical fiction, pure romance, pure slice of life, and high school. Notably, I will never enter a RP where the two characters are destined to be lovers by nature of the plot itself. If the chemistry works out, or if we just meme it into existence, then it happens, but I'm not the guy to talk to if romance is an absolute must. Familial and platonic relationships are just as cool!
  • I have no triggers and I need you to tell me if you have any that I should be aware of in your inquiry. That being said, I won't write pregnancy plots due to personal discomfort.
  • I have no expectations for paragraph count or response time. Please do not feel like you have to sacrifice your health and comfort for the sake of the RP!
  • If you're going to use codes, please try to keep them mobile friendly. I largely write from my phone, and I need to be able to read your content.
Fandoms:
  • Left 4 Dead
    • Two vague ideas for this one: either we play an OC survivor group trying to learn the truth about the green flu for various reasons (you play two, I play two), or your character is a survivor and my character is an infected who just gained back some semblance of humanity and they're both trying to figure out how this happened and if it could mean potentially curing the green flu.
  • Minecraft
  • Portal
Original plots (bold+italics indicate my characters, no highlight = no preference):
  • Of Your Imagination: in this world, it's the 19th century, and there are creatures known as figments. They are created from curses, live in the minds of their victims, and exist only to cause constant torment until whichever poor soul got stuck with one dies. Through strong, complicated magic, however, a figment can be removed from a mind and live in reality as an immortal—but not invincible—creature. Character A is trying to hunt one of these figments down for the bounty, but when character B spots them, they immediately plead for help. This is a shock to A, who was always told that figments were mindless creatures only capable of torment.
  • A Break in the Daisy Chain: character A  is a resident of the Scrap District—the lowest layer of the vertical city of Heartland. They are well-known in the district for robbing the junkyards for busted robots and repairing them to sell at lower prices, and character B is in need of one. However, when character B walks in on them repairing a robot of completely unknown origin, they get tied up in a web of conspiracy that extends to the top of the vertical city—and even into the wastes beyond.
- Note: This plot is based on a book that I'm writing. This means that about 90% of the world building and characters are complete, but the events of this RP will be largely canon-divergent. I'm not gonna railroad it, just know that there is a whole world to explore here if you ever have any questions!
  • When Heaven Shuts its Eyes: there is a civil war among the gods that has led to most of Earth's pantheon being tossed out of the divine realm. With the deities gone, the domains are falling into disrepair, and the people of Earth are beginning to call out signs of the end times. The deities who hope to save Earth are trying to find each other and the demigods—humans who have drank the blood of a deity and gained supernatural abilities and physical immortality as a result—in order to gain the power needed to overthrow the tyrant god of creation. One of these rebel deities is the god of dreams and creativity, who is searching for his long-forgotten demigod. If Earth is going to have any chance of survival, someone is going to have to give this god some guidance.
- Note: this plot has a menagerie of open characters to take control of, and I fully encourage you to do so! I intend for it to be an expansive story with dozens of side characters!
  • When You're Evil: Character A is a college student who's having an exceptionally bad day. They woke up late, the power is out, their hair won't cooperate, their booking ripped open, and to top it all off, in their mad scramble to get ready, they completely forgot that it was Sunday. Feeling as though something is up, they visit their spiritualist roommate, who spots a devil on their shoulder. Literally, they have a demon following their every step. Apparently an imp of misfortune, B explains that they've been summoned to haunt A and drain their luck, but cannot say who summoned them due to a clause in the contract. Hijinks ensue as B has to fulfill their contract, but also wants to help A find their curser and break their contract as they'd really rather be anywhere else apart from a college dorm. In their bumbling attempts to break the curse, they uncover a whole hidden world of paranormal mystery surrounding the campus, and it goes all the way to the top.
  • Help Unwanted: for years, the city has been guarded by a mysterious masked vigilante. If it weren't for him, the entire city would be overrun with villains of all creeds. At least, that's what everyone else seems to think. One burnt-out writer seems convinced that this so-called "hero" is actually purposefully making the city worse and misusing his wealth in order to keep living out his hero fantasy. They want to unmask him, but they also don't want to get involved in a scene they don't have the literal power to change. However, after assisting a villain's escape and being sent a fake VR headset meant to brainwash them directly after, the writer gains superpowers and becomes far more involved in the city's super-powered community than they ever anticipated. Another super takes notice of their attempts to unmask the big hero and decides to keep tabs on them.
  • Character A just wandered into what seems to be an infinite supermarket. Character B has been here for a while, and decides to help A survive. Inspired heavily by a dream, will get weird.
Interested in what's on offer? Have any ideas of your own? PM me and we'll see what we can hash out!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back