C.C. - Mission 2

[SIZE= 18px]- Maj. Artemis Romanov -[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]" Camp "[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 18px]"A[/SIZE]aargh!" yelled Artemis, jerking away from the sudden noise as Alerius pulled her away. "Thanks! Claw almost got me, oh shoot . . ." the ghoul did get her, at least her suit. There was a gash on the thinner parts of her armor where the air was seeping through. Artemis immediately fumbled around her MOLLE for her canister of repair gel and sprayed it on the suit tear.

"Alerius, could you help me break this ghoul's arm and leg joints?" she looked around for something to hammer them with, but there was nothing. "I'm getting a rock."

She stepped outside the cargo hold where she froze for a moment when she saw their target at the edge of their camp, his eyes glowing yellow. She immediately whipped out her magnum karambits and dimmed the lights of her helmet. "Alerius, Assassin, Grizzly. Bas is here in camp with three ghouls. Not sure if there are more." she whispered through the comms, ready to shoot one ghoul in a weak spot she discovered while dissecting one of Bas' 'children'. She also shared the weakness of the ghouls to the team.

"Copy that." whispered Assassin Marmot who was looking down the crater like hole from a hidden vantage point, checking for hostiles. " We found a ship, model is Japanese. It's got a working power source . . . I think we found Bas' hideout. Do you want us to go back?"

"No, we can take him." whispered Artemis. "Scout out the area. If there's a way to get in without being noticed, do it. Get whatever intel you can from that ship and then get out."

"Roger."

Assassin and Grizzly circled around together on foot, scouting out the place as much as they can stealthily, before heading in through the least guarded or watched way. They were careful too for traps and mines, making their way slowly and warily, testing the ground by tossing rocks in some places where it wasn't metallic.

Meanwhile, back in camp, Artemis stepped forward. "You . . . why are you making these biomechanical weapons? Did you kidnap innocent humans and turn them into these ghouls?"

@Abdel featherfall

Shina was armed with her 805 sniper;. She had it at arms but at the range she was at even with the acog scope she didnt want to take a shot and risk killing him. Of course she wouldnt mind killing him dead where he stood and she would be very capable of making the shot but the mission recalled to first find out how and why he magically went missing. It hit her. What if this was all HIS plan. What if he wanted to be discovered and he sent this ghoul into the camp so he could properly track them. What if there was more that he wanted than just to run into us and say hi. Or even kill us. There was something they were missing they just had to find out what was going on. 

She whispered in her suit as she was furthest away from the target. She was even further back than Artemis. Meanwhile a few other troops were out looking into a japanese ship they were mentioning in the intercoms to each other. "I dont think hes here to fight us guys. I have....a gut feeling. Robert you agree?"

@CkSmalling @Zer0 @Abdel featherfall

The golden eyed man raised his hands in a way that seemed almost mocking. He looked younger than everybody here and he probably was but something about him seemed older. His eyes met first Robert with an amused gaze almost like an adult looking at an amusingly ignorant child before looking to Shina. " Yes the lovely lady over there is correct. I'm not here to fight, I'm simply here to retrieve what is mine. I didn't do this the corrupt higher ups ordered human use of an incomplete technology just as we'd made a breakthrough. It wasn't ready. " Was what he said lowering his arms.  Any scans showed he had no weapons on him but he wouldn't register has human. Not any more. The eyes vanished back into the jungle as he turned to face Artemis. " Where is it."

Alerius managed to restrain the thing it had been flailing too much for him to get a good shot in on the joints. The black Ichor seemed to take on a life of its own and covered the wounds from the autopsy pulling them all closed for the most part. The thing sat there breathing heavily. Letting that static scream out again and again. Then fell silent as everything unfolded outside. " Artemis? What's happening out there? This thing regenerated or something then stopped thrashing and is just staring at the door." 

THE MOTOTOBI

The ship under the city.

Menewhile the group would find almost nothing. No traps no resistance just emergency chem lit floor paths lighting their way. Occasionally a scrabble through ductwork above them. Sometimes below, eyes from the vents. They were being hunted, whatever these things were they weren't mindless. Dust hung in the air, likely that obsidian dust they encountered during the storm. Toxicity levels were dangerously high and a suit breech would be extremely dangerous. As they neared the bridge any scanners and sensors would sense power near the core. Down the elevator from the bridge. On top of hundreds of life forms. The elevator had no power however there was a ladder that lead down. There were Eyes at the bottom of the shaft melded with the sound of static.

@Zer0 @tammynorthland @CkSmalling

image.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
"Maybe.Maybe not. He has not yet attacked or showed signs of attacking..or is it because i have a gun pointed to his head? But the fact is he is our enemy..for now. But i can't lower my gun. Not yet." Robert replied back to Shina. "He does look genuinely concerned about his ghouls..or whatever they are called.. and he wants them back safe. Lets wait and see what he does..or says."

He looked at the man in the white suit. His eyes looked genuine with a murderous intent in them. He did not like that even a single bit. "Wait. Human experiments? Breakthrough? Would you kindly explain what is going on please? And what exactly are these...things running in the woods, causing static to our communications? And what is this incomplete technology you are referring to?" Robert was now getting curious as to what is happening to where they are. His guard was still up but he wanted to know more.

@Zer0 @Abdel featherfall @tammynorthland

The man shifted his focus to Robert and his questions. " It seems they wanted to keep it all under wraps. There are Nanites that build and evolve their host as they see fit. To adapt to their environments. You can imagine that this may have been quite a useful idea. So my project was funded we made a breakthrough in the Nanite technology that allowed adaptations to hostile environments. Mind you this breakthrough was on rodents. It wasn't near complete." He huffed and crossed his arms in a surprisingly classy manner before continuing.

" The higher ups took this success too seriously and wanted it implemented in humans immediately. Well it wasn't ready and this was the result." He said as he snapped one finger and a Ghoul landed next to him. The light static filling their comms from the proximity. " I protested and the Nanites became a pandemic taking over nearby hosts. So they closed off the labs and sealed us away. I perfected it shortly after then escaped. " He motioned to himself before motioning for that ghoul to vanish with a shooing motion. " So what will you do? Take me in and let these things and their Nanites run rampant throughout earth? Or let me go and let us stay isolated?" He at that point was speaking to everyone not just Robert. He told the whole story without any real coaxing. " long story short. No I didn't use innocents they were all volunteers and I'm not creating them now I'm keeping them contained where they won't hurt anybody should they evolve something even more dangerous. Also I'd recall your squad from my ship before something bad happens."

@Zer0 @CkSmalling @tammynorthland

[SIZE= 18px]"T[/SIZE]hese things are too dangerous . . . Do you really care about the earth?" said Artemis. She kept her comms on. " You seem to have control over them. With that ability, you can make them all stay still and our personnel in the Quarantine zone will destroy all of them and the nanites inside them. Or do you actually not care and you wish to keep them?"

[SIZE= 18px]- Mototobi -[/SIZE]

"[SIZE= 18px]L[/SIZE]ots of ghouls down there." whispered Grizzly Sloth.

"Yes . . . " said Assassin Marmot quietly. The two spoke in hushed voices adequate enough for comms, but not loud enough for others to hear. "And if I heard that correctly, Alerius said that the one Artemis cut up regenerated and came back to life again."

"Crazy nanites." said Grizzly Sloth. "Seems like a weapon of mass destruction right there, a nanopocalypse. Are we still going to get the intel? I think mankind's better off not knowing how to recreate this stuff."

"I agree . . . But let's get in our Goliaths and go down that pit of eyes and find the intel anyway, there could be notes on how to destroy the nanites."

"Righto'."

The two made their way out and mounted their Goliath's that were docked two kilometers away from the ship, taking out their giant melee weapons. "We're waiting on whatever happens there, Artemis." said Assassin quietly. "If that guy actually wants to keep his creations, then we're going in to get that intel."

@Abdel featherfall

The man shook his head and tsked gently several times. " I control them the same way an Alpha controls the pack. If they are threatened they will fight. And they will fight to the last. If I'm the threat to them them they will simply kill me and a new far less... Sentient Alpha will take my place. So yes, this was the best option. Isolate and contain. Unless you want these things behaving less like a wolf pack and more like undisciplined Animals. And even if they did allow your plan in the quarantine zone the risk of contamination is too high. One slip up, one drop of blood on the bottom of a shoe and the Nanites could run rampant again. Without my restraint this time. Do what you feel is worth the risk.. We bother nobody on this desolate toxic wasteland."

He finished his long winded speech, man could this guy talk. The point was clear though he doesn't have total control, simply the illusion of it. But he wasn't going to fight it seemed and seemed content to let them choose their next course of action. He was too smooth, too clear, too well spoken. It almost didn't seem human.

MOTOTOBI

There was a rattling in the walls, a thumping of things moving. Stepping and crawling around just out of sight. Any scanners would pick up too much interference from the mass of life forms below to pick up clear readings on the fast moving ones all around them. There was a shriek of metal and a shower of sparks just above Assassin. In the newly made gap just past the gently glowing edges of the gap was a pair of hauntingly blue glowing eyes. Curious but not attacking yet.

@Zer0

[SIZE= 18px]"A[/SIZE]re they intelligent? Can you trick them into staying in one place here so that we can destroy them all with bombs?" said Artemis. "We can prepare a place, some pit. Gather them all there, everything that has to do with the nanites and its research and we'll destroy them all."

There was a nod. " They are fairly sentient. The Nanites themselves are what controls the host and they are, when in large numbers a somewhat advanced A.I system that learns and evolves. The claws and power source? Evolutions made to escape the Labs we were sealed in. The metal teeth? So that the Nanites can...Ingest new materials for use. Honestly I don't see a way to do anything about it easily. There's a hundred and twenty of them in all. Only about fourty ever leave the ship though. Those are the smart ones the ones that don't react on pure instinct."

@Zer0

[SIZE= 18px]"S[/SIZE]o, what's the best way to destroy them? Or is leaving you and them alone, the best way to go about this so that mankind won't fall?"

@Abdel featherfall

He crossed his arms. " Of course I'm going to say leave us alone. Even using scorched earth tactics you'd still run the risk of some Nanites being blown miles away and landing who knows where and on gods knows what. Last thing you want is a colossal beast filled with self replicating Nanites. They won't spread now because their survival isn't threatened."

@Zer0

[SIZE= 18px]"A[/SIZE]lright then. Assassin, Grizzly, withdraw from the ship." said Artemis, lowering her weapon.

"Got it." said Assassin.

"But my zombie killing spree . . ." said Grizzly, sadly through the comms.

"Just bust some heads in a video game." said Assassin.

"But it's not the same . . ." Grizzly Sloth and Assassin Marmot withdrew, flying back to camp.

Meanwhile, Artemis led the white haired man to the cargo hold of her dynasty scarab to where Bas' 'child' was. "If none of you have any objections to this, we're going back to motherbase."

She turned to the professor and gave him the samples she took from the dissected ghoul. "There'll be a lot of explaining to do back at home, professor, about not taking you with us . . . I can lie, and say we accidentally blew you into pieces with a missile, but I will tell the truth to someone I trust. He's not corrupt, but he'll probably send sentinels to keep tabs on you and the ghouls here."

@Abdel featherfall

He nodded. " That is acceptable. Though I cannot be faulted for anything that happens should they become a threat. I barely managed to keep them from swarming here the second you landed. Perhaps I'll make a full return once I have a product that is less.. Dangerous. What I used is limited and not self replicating. I'll keep the research of that species saving technology as leverage to leave us alone hm?" He stepped into the cargo hold and released the Ghoul before sending it scampering off. " I expect that one will develop somewhere else to breathe from in the near future." 

Alerius was wrapping his left arm in a bandage. He looked to the white haired man. " lovely work Doc. " he said somewhat sarcastically before standing fully up and looking to Artemis. He made his way outside and Bas followed. 

Bas Spoke one more time. " You know where to find me should you need me.. Or us." He walked smoothly into the jungle and vanished as suddenly as he came. Those in the ship would be left well enough alone as they retreated.

(OOC: it seems the peaceful ending was achieved! A bit of a shame but hey new allies. Sorta.)

@tammynorthland @Zer0 @CkSmalling

image.jpg

Mission update:  Embers of the Fire

Time:600

The rockets blared through the mountains, there were leaves fluttering in the wind from every corner of the valley. There were thousands of animals and wildlife gazing up at the rockets pushing along 500 feet off the ground. The sky was clear as day, not a single sign of acid rain, nor regular rain, the weather was perfect. The air as fresh as the toxic earth air would allow from the humans inside their mech suits. 

The mission seemed simple. It wasnt technically a mission but there were rumors of a rogue group of bandits, ex Canines, who went off and committed treason against the state and government to host their own rules. Call their own shots if you may. This was where The Canines came in. They had to move into a neighboring region deemed the name Depour Unknown. The name explained alot about the region. It was unknown. This being said it caused alot of fresh new questions to be raised. What is this region like? Jungle? Rivers? Ocean? Islands? Muddy? dry? mountains? desert? 

So much was known about the Lysaur Valley area, yet little about Depour Unknown. This was one of the reasons this group of ex canines left and moving there. It was off the radar from the government. hostile.... At least that was all they knew so far.

Their mission: Find out the location of these rogues, find out if they are currently posing a threat, map an area of Depour, and recon the terrain. It called no combat, the situation on deemed worthy if life or death or attacked from an enemy. Strict orders from L himself. The mission seemed simple enough. But of course this couldnt be entirely true.During the debreifing they brought in an old friend from the Spacefront. Redmann. The man with fire red hair. piercing eyes, powerful abilities, and more importantly..... A fighters spirits. He was a apart of the U.S. space battlefront. He was a master mech operator. Of course not as good as someone who became their mech... Shina..... "hahahah!!!" she chuckled inside her suit, something that didnt happen often. She flew through the lower side of the pack the others surrounding her. underneath was Redmann he commanded the bottom as navigator. Watching over the floors for any human like targets. The mn was here to help mber Fox. After all he was the only person to ever have even been in Depour unknown.  The day was very early. Redmann was still tired, being a late sleeper. He flew underneath glancing up at the solid peices of machinery. "Everyone tracking alright?" He chanted.

Shina called back boosting forward a bit more at the same time. "YEA ALL GOOD!" She chimed.

fog-rising-above-the-forest-valley-tree-sky-cloud-rock-nature-1920x1200-wallpaper371757.jpg

@Orpheus @Zer0 @Killorkiller @CkSmalling @Abdel featherfall (this will begin our mission. If any of you are interested through up your intro posts. we are in route to Depour Unknown!!!)

The Slepnir fell into formation where Shina had just been as she boosted ahead. The Mech had a new toy it seemed. A large Shield mounted on the left arm the Black and grey hull which was normally a dull Matte color actually had some shine to it for once and the massive broadsword it carried on its back gleamed,freshly polished. Alerius the pilot had no idea what kind of Camo to bring and prepare for so he decided to say fuck it and made his machine shine. 

Alerius chuckled and shook his head. " Normally im the one whose excited to enter uncharted lands! I have no Data about this area so my usual navigation skills won't be much help here." He said with a twinge of a lighthearted chuckle. He was able to assume his usual roll. However he'd never been on a full bore scouting mission that included some Cartography with his other squad mates before. Normally he took those missions with Two Cartographers and one other guard. Needless to say he was excited for a familiar mission with familiar people for once.

There was a light sigh over the Comm before he spoke once more. " I know Flying is more efficient though Is it strange I'd rather be on the ground? Shina has anything of note come up on your scanners?" He'd ask as he boosted to match her speed and come up next to her, decelerating as he did so so they stayed neck and neck. 

He waited for an answer and looked back at the rest of the squad that had accompanied them. Alerius was an odd man that took comfort in the unknown. He found these types of missions relaxing and refreshing despite the almost constant inherent danger. Missions like this allowed him to perform at his absolute best and do what he'd been trained his whole life for. Explore, Discover, Record, and Break free of the borders that had been layed out by the various factions. He was a hunter, a trained and bred predator. However he was also an explorer, something he never forgot.

@Tammycandy @Zer0 @Orpheus @Killorkiller @CkSmalling

[SIZE= 18px]- Depour Unknown -[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]" Sora, Komodo, Hikaru and Grizzly "[/SIZE]

"[SIZE= 18px]Y[/SIZE]es." said Sora cooly.

"All good here!" said Hikaru cheerfully. "Oh hey, Sora, look at the cliff side before we pass it, there's a snake resting on a branch and a patch of moss that looks like the filaments of Ebola virions."

"Nice."

"Uhh, what did she just say?" asked Grizzly confused.

"It looks like spaghetti." said Hikaru.

"Ah."

"All is well, General." came Komodo Rhino's steady voice. "No bad guys in sight." He was in the front of the group with Grizzly, their Goliath's bulwark tactical shields were out as were their barrage chain rifles. The two were vigilantly on their guard, looking this way and there for any glint of metal in the trees below, a silhouette of a man or the outline of a mech part camouflaged in the rocks.

Behind them some hundred meters away,  Sora and Hikaru were flying in the rear as part of the vanguard. Sora's mech was leisurely flying backwards as he scanned the ground. As a marksman he knew which places looked like a good sniper's nest and sometimes broke away from the group with Hikaru to check a crevice or ravine for any hiding rogues or a sign of habitation for about fifteen minutes before boosting the thrusters and catching up with the main group.

It took that long because they had to land and covertly go around to check. He knew from experience that if you're not careful you can die without knowing. He's offed two dozen Britts and Russian officers like that for the past few months since the war started. One moment they're silently moving alert in the forest he was holding his guerilla operations west of their territory, and then . . . pop. Headshot, snap straight through the medulla, and there's no flash, no sound, to show which direction his shot came from.

They say of a sniper's bullet that if you hear it, then you are safe because it will already have passed safely by. It's the ones you don't hear that do for you.

[SIZE= 18px]- Connor McKinley -[/SIZE]

"Looks like a plant to me." Connor said in the Rook as he blasted a path through the sky. He was solidly in the middle of the pack, heavy weapons ready to be used where they were needed. But he had to admit, the environment did look pretty from up there. Then again, he couldn't really see what was on the ground when flying around. Which made him uncomfortable, it meant someone could be tracking him and wanted to blow him out of the sky.

[SIZE= 18px]- Christian Allister -[/SIZE]

"There is always something waiting for ya" Chris said over the com's as Wasp flew in the front of the formation.  Being a light weight meant that he would do more scouting than anything, that or flanking.  This was the only time that he would not have his eye patch on, the chemical burns where not the most pleasant to look at.  but oh how it felt good to feel the wind on his face, even if he could only see with 5% of his bad eye.

[SIZE= 18px]- Shina -[/SIZE]

The sky was open, beautiful, vibrant. They flew across the Lysaur Valley for what seemed like a few hours. THey were making great time. The valley flew and grew smaller and smaller as they begun to leave the territory. The great mountains that seperated them from the new region. Depour Unknown. It approached slwoly but surely at this point inside the Shiryoku, Her blind seeing mech, she would have to part with the mech as well as the others and pursue on foot. Making slower pace but more secretive at the same time.

Shina called out. "Its approaching guys take photos for you sightsee-ers. This is the first group to approach Depour!" Shina called out as the mountain region begun to slowly approach as they reached the summits of the hills.

Rolling-Hills-4153914.jpg

The group landed on the top of the hill. The sight was beautiful. Much more forest not so much rainforest. It was filled with beautiful mountains and lush valleys of rock. Filled with vibrant rivers and streams and fresh water lakes. The area had plains to it as well as mountains. It was one hell of a sight.

[SIZE= 18px]- Hitachiin Hikaru -[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]"Depour Uknown, Hillside"[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 18px]H[/SIZE]ikaru's Okami, a black wolf mech with twin warpath recoilless rifles mounted on its back landed bounding on the hills, kicking up dirt and grass as it came up to the crest. They couldn't see her face inside, but Hikaru was full of joy. This place was beautiful!

"Chousugoi!" she cried in Japanese. Hikaru was an adventurous lady with a passion for exploring the new wilds of the changed earth and studying new bacteria and other microorganisms. She was not only a doctor of medicine, but also a specialist in zoology, virology, and biochemical warfare. It was only Panzer Dragon and that other member Vicktor, who were officers of Crimson Canines' Intel Sector, who knew the last two about her, according to Amber Fox intelligence.

It was a secret because each faction had their own secret agenda. She didn't know what the U.S. secret agenda was and Sora and Izaya wouldn't tell her, but Japan's secret agenda was the development of biochemical weapons.

The reason why Hikaru never told anyone, not even Artemis whom she considered a dear sister, was because people can assume bad things about this. Any talk like that leaking out and some pessimistic or paranoid fool may start spreading his own assumptions that would be detrimental to the friendship Sora's team had with Artemis quad, and at a bigger scale, Japan's alliance with the U.S. Which was probably why Panzer Dragon never said anything to anyone either, and also the reason why Sora and Izaya kept her out of the loop about the U.S. faction's secret agenda. 

It wasn't that she would spill the secret, Hikaru just didn't have their emotional detachment nor professional competence to work with U.S. people who could be secretly plotting against you or are downright enemies. She could tell Artemis didn't have that emotional detachment either, if Hikaru told her she'd probably wonder if Hikaru's research will be used on U.S. soldiers if Japan's alliance with their faction breaks. If Hikaru said yes, which was the truth as she had no control over what Japan does with her research, Artemis probably won't be her friend anymore. Hikaru would feel the same way too if their situation weas reversed, hence it was only Izaya and Sora who knew these sorts of things, since the two were professional dehumanizers.

They were skillful in burying their emotions. They were taught that empathy was suicide, and were the type of people who could kill their friends if that was what the higher ups commanded for the future welfare and glory of Japan. Although, sometimes Hikaru wondered if Sora was struggling between not getting attached to his squad and the all too human desire for companionship. He showed weakness for them once when he allowed Hikaru, Sai, Sandai and Kitetsu to disobey orders and help Connor, Artemis, Assassin, Komodo and Grizzly when they were destroying that Vitrifying Cannon and were being overwhelmed by the Britts.

Anyway, whatever may come, Hikaru was loyal to her friends and her Amber Fox family came first. Whatever Sora, the only person she was willing to follow and call leader needed, she'd support him.

"Sora, I saw a steaming river with vents a few clicks back. Could be sulfur springs," said Hikaru excitedly looking over at the river that snaked its way through the grassy hills with great interest, "I'll be taking some samples if we have spare time later. There might be some new species of  Chromatiaceae and Ectothiorhodospiraceae proteobacteria."

"Hai, muri shinaide, or you'll end up too tired to do anything else just like last time." said Sora who was already flying off to the nearest best vantage point to keep watch over the valley of hills. Sora had a cool calming voice. He gave off a quiet confidence that felt reassuring to whoever was listening. "General Redman, permission to scout that river winding towards a lake in the north, sir."

Meanwhile, Grizzly and Komodo were admiring the view.

"There's gotta' be something delicious that's never been made into a burger around here." said Grizzly, "Hey, Redman, we campin' here?"

@tammynorthland

Alerius followed Shina's lead on this and waited for her to set down before he did. A shame they had to ditch the Mechs and had to hoof it instead but he wasn't too mad about it. He loved traveling on foot. There is always so much more to see from the ground than there is from the sky. The Slepnir set down behind a rocky formation  to hide it from view once they were to disembark.

He locked up the hatch and hopped the rest of the distance down, landing twelve feet down with little more than. Alight thud and a bending of the knees. He pulled his shield from his back and secured it to his left forearm. Right now it looked like a small square buckler shield but anybody who knew Alerius knew better than to think it was that simple. His Estoc stayed in the sheath as he took stock of their surroundings and jogged to meet up with the rest.

@tammynorthland @Zer0 @Killorkiller @Beowulf

Redman chanted a quit whistle at the beautiful sight of the valley below them. It led into the large landscape beautiful as ever. Redman was interrupted by a noise. It was a soft voice in the comments system he was linked up to for the missions sake. Sora asked it he could scout the area up ahead. A lake specifically. Redman nodded in his helmet. "That lake is massive. Feel free to do so. Just make sure you stay linked to our community system in case anything happens. Shina keep a port guard up with your rifle. If something happens you won't make that shot but at least your vision will be able to see what's going on. Maybe intercept an attack. " Redman spoke with conviction the voice powerful and mighty. He was currently unarmed. Not even a single sword. redman had a unique ability. The ability to log in a mech and steal their combat systems. The mech was powerful. Definitely a rare system it had on board. It stole files and data in a matter of seconds allowing him to become a skilled wielder through command algorithms and network codes thus granting him the ability to use the mechs abilities, fighting styles and weapons they were equipped with. His only issue was during combat he'd had to steal a weapon. And disarm the enemy. Then plug and play to use. Otherwise it was up to his own fighting style with unknown weapons.

"I can make any shot redmann." Shina spoke with confidence as she pulled the 805 off her holsterling that held it in firm place on her shiryokus back. The mech was sturdy. Swift. Compact. 

"Not from this distance that lakes miles long. And to answer the question for everyone. We will be staying there for the evening pick up the mission tomorrow it's still early so we must scout the water area first. Thus in the night we may explore some terrotory on foot. If the group is discovered you will not a track until backup arrives. Got it?" Redmann commanded the squad.

Time: 1000

Redmann planted a firm grip on the shoreline of the lake. It was a large beach surrounding it with bushes and trees scattered all over. They were landing behind a set of hills leading to the shore that was about 10 miles width and length. 

Shina landed right at Port side during the 2 hours the spent making flight hopefully able to spot sora somewhere and reunite.  Splitting off was probably not the best of ideas. But the lands seemed very quiet. The earth didn't have much wildlife either. Shine texted the toxicity levels and zoomed into the hills and even as far out onto the lake as she could. There wasn't any life signs. It was as if it was dead. The air was clean. Much cleaner than the lysaur valley. Surprising that thereally wasn't more life out In the area. Perhaps it was home to nocturnal lifeforms? Even lifeforms in the water? Shina secured the perimeter as a protocol from director l. He mentioned the area was hostile. Perhaps he was wrong. 

@Beowulf @Killorkiller @Zer0 @Abdel featherfall

( @Zer0 Upon scouting sora encountered something alive or dead.  Or was killed by sora. {Your call} we are approximately 5 minutes by flight away from your location. Let general redmann know)

@Abdel featherfall  (what the fuck is in the water? Hostile? Monster? Food? Beautiful sight? Mexican? ( comedy welcome) 

"You sure you okay"

"I'm gonna get sick staying in a hospital bed"

"Yeah but you just got out, don't you need some rest at home?"

"We don't have a home"

"okay fine your bunk, i don't care, i thought you said you wanted to take a break"

"i am taking a break"

"By heading into a mission"

"I overheard the director saying there was a nice place outside that everyone was going in, so might as well see for myself. get some fresh air"

"Do they even let you off for fresh air? i mean..."

"If i'm not handling a Unit then that means i'm free to do whatever."

"Why don't you handle a unit?"

"Too much hassle, hate hassles"

"well... i wont sop you if your that into this... still doc said you shouldn't over strain the nerves in your body"

"don't worry, I wont do too much damage, sides ill be keeping the controls on Auto rather than on the Neurolink, alright?"

"alright..... you sure youll be okay?"

"Ill be fine.."

The simplest of dialogues with a  loved one can relax a mans heart, whatever stress Simon had in the Beginning was long gone now. Which is a good thing, a great thing, after being in bed for several months it was a perfect time to stretch the legs and get right back into it. sure the metal trauma was there but Simon didn't want to think anything about it as he set up the Chitinous Exogino suit around him

"We are reaching drop point, Ready for deployment"

"Its just me so ease up"

"Is the Mecha Ready too?

"Hold that thought"

Simon Grabbed onto The chest of the ENGL and released the cockpit hatch. Sliding inside, and as if by instinct his hands quickly guided itself on the interface and began the startup

"Yeah ready to go?"

"Did you just start it up?"

"yep"

"Why did you just- were already there-"

"Dont mind me im ready"

"what.."

"im ready"

Simon replied witha smile

"...Dropping in three, two, one"

Light soon broke inside the Hull as the Drop doors Swung open, The Soltiels feet dangling above the grassy landscapes as it was daintily lowered down. Simon merely closed his eyes and let the systems continue to operate on their own and the lights of the mecha start shining. 

"deploy"

Before the systems were activated the Mecha was released and soon feel like a ragdoll without wings. the air buffeting its armor as the mech itself was only just warming up. Simon could only feel the air on the ENGL's back and smiling nonchalantly as a few alarms detected an increase in the velocity of his decent. He was definitely Going to crash. Alarms flared demanding that the emergency thrusters activate before any serious damage would happen. But Simon did not mind, in fact he had overridden the HUD to only display the full Visual display of the descent. the bright blue sky moving farther and farther away as he grew close to earth

150 ft

110 ft

90 ft

The thrusters had already come online but no command had been given. It was a sight too easy to be missed by Shina's scope or any scope for that matter as it was a Giant mech falling out of the sky

70 ft

40 ft

20 ft

10 ft

2 ft

*SPLASH* 

The blue sky had transformed into a haze of white, and soon a crystal blue in SImon's eyes. The Soltiel had dived into the Lake that the team had taken perimeter out of.. soon The feet turned into Knots, deeper and deeper did the Mecha dive until it daintily landed on the Lake floor. Simon's eyes had been sorely fixated on the shades of blue that had passed, from the cloudy bright blue hue of the skies to the dark entrenched Cobalt where the sun shines in the cracks of the waters surface. Simon took a few moments lying on the sea floor, taking deep, Oxygen tank air, enriched breaths before activating his comms

"Simon Strangecraft, Here for the assist"

He spoke to everyone nearby

@tammynorthland @Zer0 @Abdel featherfall

Alerius stood on shore and saw Simon decend into the surprisingly azure water. He knelt down and took a quick sample to run through the water purifier to see what was in it. There was a beep and the light showed pink. Nothing, it was safe to drink from the source. Strange that's not something you'd really expect to see way out here. He got on the Comms. " Hey guys I got some news. This water is fresh like.. Drink from the lake without a filter fresh. I'm thinking this may have been filtered through some underground coal or something like that from the source. But fresh water is something rather valuable in this area I'd assume.. We should be on our toes." He said as he stood and looked around. 

The surface of the lake seemed to reverberate a bit as if something were moving around in there. A large black shadow darting toward where Simon went into the water. Alerius couldn't see it clearly but whatever it was it didn't seem harmless. " Simon you have something darting toward your location. I don't know what it is but it's as big as a car." he said as he began a light jog over to the rest of the group that had touched down. 

@Orpheus @tammynorthland

[SIZE= 18px]- Akira Sora -[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]"Depour Unknown, 6 miles north of Lake Batoo"[/SIZE]

"[SIZE= 18px]H[/SIZE]ow long do you want me to be bait, Sora?" asked Hikaru as she slowly approached a gap in the trees that didn't have sufficient cover, very carefully moving aside leaves and bushes in time with the blowing of the wind.

"Ten seconds." said Sora, watching her slow exaggerated movements from the scope of his rifle on the other side of valley about two miles away. It was now ten in the morning. Two hours earlier they had cleared the river, and an hour after that, the lake.

Beyond Lake Batoo was a river that came down from a misty forested mountain range, winding its way through the forest and gushing out from the tall cliff walls of a ravine cleaved into the heart of the nearest peak six miles away from the lake. It was a good place to put a look-out on the valley, and so Sora and Hikaru requested permission to scout much further as he just didn't feel safe unless he cleared that area too, and so here they were.

"Revealing myself now." said Hikaru.

Through his scope Sora glanced at her as she came out into the open, all alert and careful, making it look like it wasn't on purpose. 'Good', he thought, before resuming his watch on the first mountain peak. Professionals knew when to play harmless or ignorant.

If there was someone hidden watching in the mountain, they'd see her and hopefully get somebody to follow and have eyes on her. And so Sora was here waiting for one of the rogues to show himself, his eyes sweeping left and right, up and down; sniper rifle at ready low, his finger resting lightly on the trigger. When Hikaru reached the cover of the trees and shrubs on the other side, he told her to circle back to him, something that would take almost an hour as she'd have to move very slowly.

There's bound to be sentry snipers in these woods. From years of experience, Sora knew the rule out here: Slow was fast. Walk slow, step carefully. It had served him well these many years.

Half an hour had passed, then he heard a rustling of leaves, the slap of footsteps against stone. They sounded wary, careful, and heading his way. It didn't sound like Hikaru's footsteps, hers was much quieter and lighter. Sora lay quite still his cheek against the earthy leafy floor. He and Hikaru had brought some simple nettings instead of his guile suit for this mission, and had sewn and attached twigs, leaves, bushes and the like to it and smeared themselves with dirt and mud for camouflage before scouting.

The footsteps came closer and now he could hear three others with lighter steps accompanying it. Sora didn't move his head, but he now heard four breaths fifteen feet to his right. That was quick, there must be look outs closer to the foot of the peak.

"I have visual on the target." whispered an unfamiliar voice. Sora counted four pairs of feet step on his back as they passed him, not realizing he was there. Very carefully, as the last man sneaked away with his back turned to him, Sora lithely extended a hand and lightly brushed the man's foot, leaving behind a sticky tracking device that looked like a small piece of muddy pebble.

And then the men disappeared into the wilds.

"Hikaru, four tangos on your tail." Sora whispered after a few seconds.

"Copy. This is the active tag?"

"Hai. I tagged one, they may spread out though."

"Copy. Do we capture them?"

"No, let them lead us to wherever they're staying." said Sora. "Make a fake trail, then standby in your current area for further instructions."

"Roger. I'll take a picture of them if I can. Standing by."

Sora switched comm frequencies. "General, spotted four tangos north of Lake Batoo." he whispered. "One of them has been tagged with a tracking device. Permission to continue monitoring the area. We're planning to follow them. No firefights, just recon."

@tammynorthland

Hearing that the water was safe to drink from the source, Chris decided it to go and see for himself.  Walking along the shore to where Alerius stood at the edge of the water, "Hey, I heard the water is safe?  Do ya have any idea why?" Chris said to Alerius as he walked up.  Chris had made sure he was ready for this mission, unknown territory was the best kind of mission.  You never know what could happen or what you could find.  Come to think of it, his father had said something about surviving out side of a mother base and how it was possible, but that was crazy no one could survive out here without help.  Then again Chris did not fully remember what his father had said, his thoughts where pulled away from his father when he started looking into the water and saw that it was vibrating some how.  His hand instinctively moved to his gun, not pulling it out but just being ready, one could never be to careful.

@Abdel featherfall

The lake had a shadow approaching the mech that splashed into the water. It was their teamate alright. Causally....well....abruptly making their general appearance. It was not very beautiful or elegant to say the least. But the shadow made its way over before turning a left and making its way north into the middle of the lake. Whatever it was, it seemed at the moment it didnt have any intrest in Simon. "Simon, We did you see what wanted to say a quick hello to you? Or are you eaten already?" Redmann addressed the situation. He was under the impression that the lake belonged to only freshwater beings, that usually meant nothing got to large. Then again earth was filled with a lot of new unsuspecting surprises. He held his words firm, anything could be down there. It was best to keep everyones guard up for wildlife as well at this point.

Shina watched the site collide with the water. It was definitely Simon, not usually one to prefer an entrance but hey its what he liked so she never docked him for it. The beast decided it wanted no part. Perhaps he scared it off. To early to tell. There were several areas to make a perfect camp. The site was open, smooth, not a stone on the hardpacked yet somewhat sandy dirt.

"Disband everyone, Free to roam and relax." Redmann commanded, the current leader of the mission.

Shina heard frequency, followed by a friends voice. There was the group that disbanded earlier, Hikaru and Sora. Sniper and lead guard. The fact Shina wasn't the only longshooter here made her more ready to become better to succeed in the mission. This made her competitive side pop out.

"General, spotted four tangos north of Lake Batoo." he whispered. "One of them has been tagged with a tracking device. Permission to continue monitoring the area. We're planning to follow them. No firefights, just recon."

General Redmann took to the comm system as he docked his mech and got out,  he left the cockpit of his unique mech. "Permission granted, report back the minute you find their AO and run a signature scan, discover who the fuck they are." Redmann paused as Shina did the same thing with her mech but docked closer to the center of their makeshift time being camp. "Redmann out." He said switching off his comm system.

"Simon, Shoreline now cant go for a swim just yet." Redmann said very serious but he had a smirk that Shina saw on his face. She never saw that side of him. Made her wonder why he finished the sentence with 'just yet.'

Shina disbanded from her mech she was wearing her suit for the hostile air. She questioned the issue behind the clean water..... Why could this be, she wondered and flicked her visual optic settings to a setting of toxicity. Something alot of standard helmets should have but hers were in her eyes. It was a sensory program through her eyes that connected to her neck port with a tiny multi functional sensor. She scanned the water. 'Thats weird.....its super clean water.' Shina thought. 'This doesnt make sense, on earth no water source is drinkable like it is anywhere else. what the fuck is the deal here then?' Shina then did an air toxicity sensor scan.

.......... "redmann.....???" Shina said after a long pause.

Redmann turned about 10 yards from her. "HM?"

Shina couldnt believe her eyes.....well.... sensors technically. Redmann removed his helmet, everyone saw expecting to see him be destroyed by the harmfull Earth air....

There was a pause of silence. Everyone was in disbelief, even Shina who already knew.

Her internal sights were displaying the air was 78 percent nitrogen, and 21 percent oxygen.

"The air?-"

"Is breathable yes." Redmann finished and smiled. "Welcome; To Depour Unknown!"

@Zer0 @Abdel featherfall  @Orpheus  @Killorkiller  

( @Orpheus the beast or thing that saw you underwater was indeed not a predator based creature, decide what you want it to be)

( @Zer0 upon scouting you see them make their way into a cave entrance that was man made 100 percent for sure. report back afterward should take around 3 hours to recon and get back)

(everyone else is free to free roam around camp and relax and hangout and swim. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back