C.C. - Free Roam

Zer0

Haiku Hitman
Outpost23_01.jpg

Free Roam

This Free-roam thread is for casual episodes in the daily lives of the Crimson Canines soldiers, whether it's free-roaming the world on a personal adventure, chilling out in mother base just talking, hanging out in a café in the civilian outpost outside the military base, or going out on a picnic on a sunny afternoon. Nothing in this thread is canon without the GMs consent so players can do anything, nevertheless remembering the RP rules.

Civy Outpost
maxresdefault.jpg

Located in Lysaur Valley, this well-defended fortress is a twenty-minute flight away on a mecha from the Crimson Canines mother base. It has cafés, gaming centers, cyber sports facilities, virtual entertainment rooms, and outstanding restaurants that serve New Earth food. There is a mecha and transport ship docking bay where the families from the U.S. mothership in space can visit soldiers. There are also shops, housing units for sale, and emergency escape pods in case of cataclysmic events.

mars_station_zen_garden_by_kurobot-d8ijugk.jpg

Areas:

Java Lava Café

This peaceful little coffee house exhibits the works of different local artists weekly. It's usual patrons consists of young cheery folk looking for a nice quiet place to chill out. Bespectacled gentlemen could be seen reading quietly in the corners, eccentric artists sketching out their art on tablets, and sunny ladies with their children and pets enjoying cool sundaes outside. Madame Lestrange, the eccentric owner of the shop not only creates delicious coffee art, she also tells fortunes and always welcomes those looking for a part-time job.

Library

The interior of the classic library is designed after the architecture of the Victorian Era. Though classy with an elegant traditional charm, the library has all the state of the art amenities, including virtual reality rooms where visitors can explore and live through history or explore the ancient world more than two million years ago. The Book Club, headed by the Head Librarian, Mrs. Pince, an old strict woman with graying hair tied in a tight bun, is always eager to buy the ancient books soldiers chance upon during their missions, and even funds book hunting expeditions.

Aquarium & Gardens

The Ocean Park aquarium and public greenhouses are nice relaxing places to have a bit of family time. Mrs. Levi, the head of Ocean Park often hires soldiers to capture sea creatures for her or gather hard-to-find plants in the different places of the world.

Museum & Machine Shop

M. Bhram of the National Museum and Mr. Snider of Snider's Workshop are always paying good money for rare or interesting artifacts soldiers may find during a mission, and information on sites where they can excavate old animal bones and ancient temples. They both have an illegal poaching and antique business in the side, selling treasures, old restored cars, and beautiful rare animals to rich buyers in the five factions. Mr. Bhram also secretly performs illegal experiments on the creatures. Those interested in making some money can get in touch with their contacts.

Mall and Housing Units

All sorts of grub, trinkets, and toys can be bought in the Civy Outpost. From hoverbikes to small housing units. Personal vehicles are kept in a character's housing unit, and not inside the Crimson Canines mothebase.

Last edited:
As Jace arrives as the outpost he already sees he the reason he was here. As he arrives he sees his younger brother standing there waiting for him. He lands and waves then goes over to him. His brother runs over to Jace. "Hey Ilan how have you been doing? I've been waiting to see you again. So what do you want to do today?"

Ilan: "I'm okay but I'm really hungry I think we should go eat at that restaurant." He points towards a sign advertising new Earth cuisine only the finest you can get.

Jace: "Um how about no New Earth food I'm getting tired of liver. How about that restaurant over there." He points towards a French restaurant across from the New Earth one.

Ilan: "Okay but you have to let me order anything I want."

Jace:"I planned on it anyways." They then walk over to the restaurant and enter. He goes up to the person and ask for a table for two. The employee responds. "Aren't you a little young to have a son. Also we don't server children without adults." She glares at Jace as if to challenge the fact that he's short. Jace to prove her wrong proceeds to pull out his military tags. "I'm sorry sir right this way." They sit down and look at the menu. The first option he sees is liver. "Why is everyone obsessed with liver on this planet?" he says attempting make his brother laugh. They finish eating and go out. "What do you want to do now?"

Ilan: "I want to go to that arcade with the new mecha simulator."

Jace: "I have a real one with real buttons isn't that better than a simulator?"

Ilan: "Can we ride it? Pleeeeease."

Jace: "Later, how about now I take you on a ride on bike. I'll let you choose which one I get."

Ilan: "That one." He points towards a bike that looks similar to this.
images

Jace goes to the store owner. "How much with a military discount?" 5000 (insert currency here). Jace pulls out enough to pay and buys it. He then drives it off the lot. He yells at Ilan to get on. As Ilan gets on Jace pulls off to a road that leads through the outpost out to an open test track. As they arrive Jace says "Ready Ilan? How long you think it will take to get through the track?" To which Ilan responds "3 minutes at most." Jace proceeds to start a timer than takes off going around the track in 2. He sees that the sun is starting to go down. "Time to go Ilan see you next time." Ilan gets on the shuttle and leaves. Jace straps up his new bike and flies back to HQ.

Last edited by a moderator:

2999779-0404714835-godzi.jpg

- Roasted Godzilla Party -

Timeline: Three weeks after the Sky Whale Incident, or about a months ago from the current timeline. Nothing about The Brotherhood, their plan with the Russians to destroy Crimson Canines and the U.S. mother ship, and Vikram's alliance with them were known at this time.

After the hunt for the ingredients and the fight with Godzilla, Grizzly Sloth delivered his promised feast. It was a fancy Saturday night. Most of the soldiers were wearing casual formal party attire, but almost all of the ladies really dressed up and pulled out all the stops.

Their usual assault suits were gone and once again the men were reminded that there were ladies in the base, not boyish female soldiers wielding guns. They arrived in Mecha Hangar 40, which had been transformed into a regal chamber, in elegant gowns and beautiful dresses. In the middle of the hangar was a haunch of Godzilla's leg roasted into mouth watering perfection. Delicious smells wafted from the buffet table and Grizzly was there being the center of attention and talking about how he cooked Godzilla's meat for one week straight.

Most of the Hurricane squad were there. Artemis, Hikaru, Sai, Assassin Marmot, and the rest of the ladies were wearing gowns (Hikaru and Sai wore kimonos) and had their hair up or down in style. Komodo Rhino, Pequod, and some of the guys looked pretty sharp in their suits. It was a mix of Crimson Canines and Japanese Amber Fox soldiers in the party.

There was music and dancing. The Boss had invited many musicians from the U.S. mother base up in space.

(OOC: @CkSmalling, @thespacekid, @Orpheus, @Beowulf, @DJGomez, @SSgt Goodrich, @Picklesoldier, you guys can post any music you like)

Goodrich had never been much for formal parties, and even in all his time here, the only gatherings he attended were small squad gatherings over a campfire. Something much less pretentious than the usual mess of fake generosities and ego that one would find at a party such as this. However, figuring that he had nothing better to do, Goodrich chose to attend this one in hopes that maybe the large demographic of soldiers would mean that the atmosphere of the ball would be less of the arrogant formalities, and more of the light-hearted appreciation of fine dining and company.

Still clad in his heavy armor, with his steel boots clanging their way across the revamped hanger floor, he approached the refreshment tables and took station behind it. Even though no one asked him, he began to refill the spaces in the taken drinks, to guarantee that the party would remain hydrated. Since he wasn't open socially, he might as well make himself useful, and at the end of the day, he could say that he attended.

@CkSmalling @thespacekid @Orpheus @Beowulf @DJGomez @Picklesoldier @Zer0

Vicktor liked the concept of celebrations. Everyone recognizing a great feat of achievement with a feast and some drinks. He was wearing a nice suit but he still had his combat boots on. Not only because he liked the style but his combat boots are the only shoes he has. He marveled at the size of the roast and wondered what beast was that big to have a leg that size. <he was fairly new to the Crimson Canines and he hadn't seen the big stuff yet> Vicktor was drinking and smoking a cigar to commemorate a great accomplishment. He was quite fond of most of the songs that the musicians were playing, but he liked the one currently playing the most. It was a new take on a very ancient song and he liked it.

[media]

[/media]

@CkSmalling @thespacekid @Orpheus @Beowulf @DJGomez @Zer0

"You cooked it for a week straight, but nearly killed me in a couple seconds." Connor shouted towards Grizzly, a broad grin on his face. "But it'll take more then a couple buildings and Godzilla himself falling on the Rook to bust it open." Plus, he had found an egg. An egg that was being incubated even as they celebrated. Soon he'd have his own giant monster. It'd be like a dog, a very very big dog that could kill him by breathing to hard.

"Yeah," chuckled Grizzly, "that mech of yours' real tough, Connor." He strode over to him with a couple of beers. "Hey, do you know who that guy is?"

He nodded at the only soldier who was wearing a combat suit in the party and was serving drinks.

@Beowulf, @SSgt Goodrich

"Him?" Connor asked, taking a beer before pointing at the man in question. "I haven't seen him before. Think he's a greenie?" He wouldn't be surprised if the man in question was new to the buisness, there was always new faces showing up in the base.

All attentive, and sharp in his duties, after filling the initial refreshment tables with drinks, he took to holding more on a plate to walk around the crowd. The shiny champagne sloshed slightly in their glass cups, Goodrich's perfectly still hands balancing the lot of them, and his visor scanning each of the guests to the buffet. In the pockets of his belt and vest, he carried the luxury ales and wines, but given that the champagne was the fastest to go at the refreshment table, he decided to carry the most of that. When he encountered someone without a drink, or finishing their drink, he took it upon himself to ask:

"May I offer a drink?"

Before long Goodrich found himself in the presence of Connor and Grizzly, two fine gentleman dressed sharp in their attire, and true to the job he took upon himself, he presented the plate to ask the question.

"Would a drink be in your better interests, gentleman?"

@Beowulf @Zer0

"Well don't mind if I do!" said Grizzly pleasantly taking the entire plate from him and placing it carefully at the side. He tried to peek at Goodrich's helmet, but all he could see was his own reflection. Grizzly was very poor at hiding his curiousness that he was awkwardly close.

"Say, why you wearin' a combat suit to a party?" he asked, fogging up Goodrich's helmet. "Oh wait, where are my manners?" he chuckled, withdrawing. "Name's Grizzly, your head chef and the maker of this roasted masterpiece!" he said proudly offering a hand to shake.

@SSgt Goodrich

Keeping his head still, letting the visor bear into his eyes, Goodrich reached forward and took the man's hand. As soon as the gloved hand made contact with Grizzly's bare hand, he could feel the uneasy squeeze of something else. Automatic. Something mechanical. An unsettling cold settled on Grizzly's palm as he made the realization that the hand was not natural. A hard prosthetic, with a shake of servos.

Something not noticed by most when Goodrich made his rounds of the crowd was the voice coming from the helmet. Just like as his hand felt unnatural, his voice mirrored it just as uneasily. The electronic speakers set on the helmet transmitted the voice of the speaker behind the visor, and it echoed with the usual static of a voice spoken into microphone.

"It's a pleasure. My name is Stephen."

@Beowulf @Zer0

Users who are viewing this thread