• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern C.A.N.I.S. RP

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Grail S. Harrison-011-Alpha Male-Human Form
Whatever it had been that he spotted must have shifted at some point for pawsteps became footsteps and he got the subtle scent of human mixed with wolf. Grail shifted his weight on his feet as he waited, listening to the sound of footsteps coming closer as he watched the desert, crossing his arms over his chest as he waited for the figure to make an appearance. It was too early to act, rushing headlong into an unknown situation could get them killed if it were a trap and he was not certain how prepared this pair of women were to kill and fight despite saying more or less they would do so to the contrary. With his sprained ankle, Grail was well aware it was a liability but climbing down took too long in his opinion. Being only a few miles out from the facility, Grail surveyed the pair, noting Mazikeen remained in her wolf form.

This needs to be quick and precise, this potential experiment can blend with their surroundings. If you can knock it on it’s back and go for the stomach or throat. You should know this if you fought in the fight rooms or arena. Hobble it by going for its ankles, if you can get two or three broken it will go down and you can go for the kill.

“Use the water to your advantage if possible by luring it in and combining your weight to drown it. You,” Grail spoke to Alana, “might be able to with your coat.” With instructions given, Grail fell silent as he waited for the stranger to appear and, by the sound of it, was growing closer. His wolf was in agreement to defend the pair of females they had “won” and to defend their own lives. Grail gave a mental shake of his head, telling his wolf to focus more on the fight that may or may not be coming and they could not claim every female, nor would he be like some of the guards, 020 or 025 from his childhood and adolescence.

(OOC: Going to wait for Carmine’s arrival)

Serenity McKinnon-095-Human Form
Neither combatant was in wolf form, instead they fought as humans. One tried backing another into a wall but the one being backed up refused and fought back. She hadn’t noticed right away but as she loooed around, before getting a cuff on the back of her head from Ash, that every lupine seemed to have a guard with them. Turning her eyes back to the arena below them, she tried to piece what she remembered from a documentary she had seen on Ancient Rome.

Exotic animals killing each other...gladiators fighting for their lives....no wonder the guards and staff enjoyed this. She was glad there were only fights here and tried to focus on the attacks and participants, not recognizing one of the combatants but rembering the one from the few times she had seen him with that woman at meal times. Mouse paid enough attention to know which ones to dread fighting against and which ones had some sense of humanity left in them. The one with dark hair that looked like he had fought before must be new and she felt a sting of pity for him but she felt that way about all newcomers unless they joined voluntarily which she couldn’t figure out, though she had done the same. Mouse hoped the fight would be over soon though she did not look forward to the changes in schedule or her possible punishment and selfishly hoped the fight would last a while.

Interactions: Panda_Roleplays Panda_Roleplays Sterling_wolf Sterling_wolf

Mentioned: SerianX13 SerianX13

Last edited:
Esme"Love"Amor-038-Human Form
Location- Arena

When Esme saw the girls lashes it made her feel bad,like it was all her fault.(Even though it was)Esme tried to avoid punishment since she first learned about it and here she was about to get one.Probably the same as the other females.The guard holding Esme by the arm pushed her on the ground with pleasure as Esme received her punishment she could see the other girl receive hers.To Esme it seemed like hers lasted quicker then her own.The other girls was finished before Esmes and with every lash came an horrible memory of her parents dead in an casket.When the punishment was done Esme felt shattered like her skin was off and left on the ground where she was lashes at.The intercom announced for everyone to go to the Arena and Seemed guard grabbed her and lead her to the Arena as the other girls did the same.Esme held her head down with shame.

Mentions: nearlyflowers nearlyflowers
Interactions: nearlyflowers nearlyflowers (Poppy)

Carmine Melbourne-066-Human Form

Carmine crested a roll of land and his body immediately perked up. He caught scents, he heard the low register of growling, Oh yeah... they're here. He could smell flowers, pine and coconut, and then... blood. Blood and cinnamon, the oddest mixture that would not be forgotten. Carmine allowed himself a soft smile though, he remembered each of those scents though he only remembered numbers with them, not names. He hadn't exactly been friendly with the other experiments, not chummy and not creating anything like a 'bond' while he was there though he was always his pleasant and charming self. So in his mind's eye he knew it was 040, 037, and to his surprise he assumed the other smell must be 011. Holy sh*t... you're about to meet an urban legend huh?

He further unzipped his athletic top, the heat out on the expanse starting to warm up his body as he continued to walk straight into the literal wolf's den. Carmine kept wondering if his entrance allowed him the cover of his previous pelt, but at this point he imagined he might have a slight upper hand simply by knowing who was ahead. Yeah, on paper it was three against one and if need be Carmine imagined he could bolt off. He weighed the option of running now in his head even with his feet still carrying him towards the others. Strength in numbers right? Carmine swallowed a thick lump of pride, he'd worked on his own in the outside world but it seemed like a combined force was the only way to attack this new situation. Then how did 011 do it? He whisked the thought away. No fear rolled off him, a light spike in adrenaline readying his legs for dodging and fleeing, but otherwise Carmine approached with cool calculation.

"Hey! Thirty seven and forty! Sorry hahaha... I'm blanking on your names," he was sincere about the apology, he really couldn't recall their names and he knew they were girls so he felt a twinge of guilt at the non-chivalrous act. Carmine stopped about 200ft short, they could see each other and certainly smell one another, but he liked the distance buffer.

"And you," he gestured at Grail, "you must be the legend himself. Am I right?" Carmine's foot slipped behind him slightly to distribute his weight across both legs, he could run in any direction from this stance and he kept on high alert should this introduction go sour.

Panda_Roleplays Panda_Roleplays scorpiodragon scorpiodragon Sterling_wolf Sterling_wolf

Alana Wulfe -040- Human form
Alana stood as tall as she could, which compared to Grail, wasn't much of a change. The Lupine smelled the male, a scent of citrus travelling over the wind towards her. Recognizing the scent she called out "Sixty-Six. Carmine right? Are you here seeking refuge or are you here to bring Mazikeen and I back to the Facility?" she stood in a pose that could only be translated as one ready to fight if it was absolutely necessary. While in the facility she made sure to learn names and scents, but didn't really interact with others besides Lucifer, unless it was necessary such as a fight or something

Interacting: SerianX13 SerianX13 scorpiodragon scorpiodragon Panda_Roleplays Panda_Roleplays

Carmine Melbourne - 066 - Human Form
Location - Expanse

"Bring you guys back? Oh sh*t no, that means I would have to go back and that's not happening," Carmine audibly gagged to further his point. He stayed exactly where he was, keeping the distance between them. Would experiments really come all the way out here to retrieve them? The cowardice, the gall.

Sterling_wolf Sterling_wolf

Mazikeen Cloud ~037~Wolf Form
The Expanse
Mazi watched as the newcomer came into better view and took in his words. She never particularly trusted the lupine that stood ahead of them. Zero sixty six.

Alana confirmed her concerns and Mazikeen stepped forwards a little, still on guard. If he bolted, Mazikeen would be ready to run. And in his human form, there was no way he could out run a Lupine. If he shifted, he would be bigger and bulkier, most males tend to be slower because of their bulk. She would still hopefully be able to catch up to him. She was ready to attack at a moments notice.

The facility had trained her to fight for her life every time and that’s what she was going to do should it come down to it. She just waited for his movement.

Silo Gray ~051~ Human Form
The Arena
Silo just watched the fight. There was literally nothing he could do except endure this torture and pray someone would come for them.
He fidgeted all the while, watching the two lupines begin their hand to hand combat.

Interactions: Sterling_wolf Sterling_wolf scorpiodragon scorpiodragon SerianX13 SerianX13

“The facility is doing a poor job apparently of covering my existence,” Grail muttered under his breath. He ignored his wolf coming to his mind at the scent of male coming towards him and urging Grail to kill the other. Ours! Mentally snarling at his wolf, Grail watched as the stranger came to a stop with the aroma of citrus heading his way, something he had not smelled since his time in the facility.

The stranger called out to all three, at first addressing the pair of females as he stopped and then turning to address him. Grail said nothing as Alana confirmed this was an experiment by the number sixty-six. Glancing at both females, they both confirmed in their own way that they knew of the stranger standing some distance before them. Alana asked a question of concern to which the stranger responded that he was not here to take the pair of females back. Which took care of one of Grail’s questions.

“You say you are not here to take the females back. So how did you escape the facility and what is your purpose here?” Grail questioned, wanting to hear the reason himself.

Interactions: Sterling_wolf Sterling_wolf Panda_Roleplays Panda_Roleplays SerianX13 SerianX13

Last edited:
James Woods | #48 | Human

James was taken by surprise, his arm grabbed and body forcibly thrown against the wall. He hit it with a solid thud, the air rushing from his lungs as he collapsed to the ground. The other male displayed incredible strength. A side effect maybe? James could only wonder when he would get that strong. Or who's to say he wasn't that strong already? With an uncharacteristic growl he rose to his feet, shrugging off the pain of the impact and charged the other male. Had he noticed the open wounds on his back he probably would have just let the other guy win but he was ignorant. James' hands were just mere inches away from closing around his throat when suddenly the voice from earlier came onto the PA system again, announcing the fight was over.
"That's enough, Get everyone back to the courtyard immediately. Make sure no experiment goes unattended or it will be your last order"
James stopped short in confusion. Even the guards seemed a little stunned as they had just been ordered to bring everyone to the arena, now it was back out to the courtyard? Even so they quickly made haste to round everyone up, shoving the confused experiments out to the courtyard. James and his opponent were forcibly removed from the arena, shoved through the halls and out to the courtyard along with everyone else.
Over the course of the fight the courtyard had been cleared and there were large spotlights trained on the very center. "On your knees!" Came the barked order from one of the head guards and everyone was forced to kneel in rows obviously as some sort of punishment. Whispers traveled among the frightened experiments. This was clearly out of the ordinary for them.

'Someone escaped.'
'Really? I heard three did!'
'Are you kidding me? How did they get out? How could they just leave us?'

James knelt in shock. Potentially three experiments had managed to escape? Then that meant something terrible was going to happen. The rest of them would have to be taught a lesson.

Sterling_wolf Sterling_wolf nearlyflowers nearlyflowers Panda_Roleplays Panda_Roleplays SerianX13 SerianX13 Ungifted ;-; Ungifted ;-; Takumi98 Takumi98

Alana watched Carmine closely, the female lupine seeming to relax for just a moment, trying to get the citrus scented male to calm, but would be ready to shift if necessary
Lucifer Draconis -042- Human form

the male froze at hearing the announcement, immediately being grabbed by two guards and led to the courtyard, being pushed to his knees next to the same male he was fighting. hearing the whispers he glanced around, taking note of who seemed to be missing Alana, 037, and 066... three escaped... Lana made it then.

interacting: scorpiodragon scorpiodragon Panda_Roleplays Panda_Roleplays SerianX13 SerianX13 Yennie Yennie

The fight continued, the male she had spotted a few times was charged by the new experiment. What his intentions may have been was unclear to the girl for the male was grabbed by his arm and flipped over, landing with a thud on the ground. Her eyes widened slightly at the move, hoping she wouldn't be made to fight the new one. Before any further attacks could continue an announcement came over the speaker, causing murmurs to erupt throughout the arena from both the patients and guards. But it was news that she already knew thanks to Ash who grumbled to himself about his fun being put on hold before yanking her up by the arm and forcing her to go with the rest of the experiments as they were herded back to the courtyard where there was a spotlight that shone down in the center. There was no separation this time, children were forced to learn before the adolescents and then the men and women together, forced to get on their knees and stare straight ahead as the guards encircled them.

Whispers reached her ears as there was talk of three experiments escaping, some staff coming out as well to watch the punishment that would take place. Were they all to be punished for the escaped attempts of three people? Just how had they escaped and how had security been lax enough for anyone to escape? Was it due to the sudden changes in schedule that caused the issue? She couldn't remember such a thing ever occurring before during her time here in the facility but shuddered at what awaited everyone.

Of course she also knew three things were being denied as a result of the escape of three patients. No recovery time, no dinner and no free time. Mouse's face twisted into a grimace, she knew that no recovery time meant being worked harder. It meant adult combat and adolescent training would continue from one to eight thirty when lights went out. Her body sagged at that, would she end up surviving this day at all? Or would her schedule change and she might be forced to continue her fighting until lunch. What time was it anyway? She wasn't sure...there wasn't a clock out here in the courtyard. Looking up at the position of the sun, she tried to gauge the time, knowing it was noon if the sun was at its zenith within the sky. Instead it appeared to be sometime in the late morning for the sun wasn't yet at its peak. All she could do was wait and see what happened. There was nothing else to do, the guards and even the staff were on edge as guards readied weapons of various kinds, prepared to punish any who attempted to cause trouble yet none dared. Everyone was too terrified.

Carmine took note of each wolf's expression, their ear position, their footing. He sniffed the air again, they're sure riled up huh? he thought to himself, shaking his head. He put up his hands in a lazy gesture of 'Ya got me', more to placate the three than to actually acknowledge any kind of surrender.

"Listen, the facility couldn't keep sh*t from me, even if they don't say it they say it, if you know what I mean. And f**k, how did I escape? You'd be surprised to know the south side of the arena has a few corners with cameras that aren't aimed properly, and a few guards that are ever so predictable for their walking speed and how paranoid they are to look behind them. Plus, as far as I know I'm the fastest one they've tested human or wolf, as far as the rumors go," Anyone watching could tell how proud Carmine was of this fact at the smile that crept across his face. If he'd actually finished school back in the real world, he always imagined trying out for some fancy track team. Instead he survived as the fastest fence jumper the drug runners ever saw. Carmine could hold his own agility and reflex wise and outpaced quite a few cops, but good lord the boy had no brute strength. He was made for speed and endurance, maybe even a fancy kick or two, but his strength lay in tactical planning and using an opponent's weight against them. He'd lost enough arm wrestling matches to know he was not a fighter but a pretty darn good schemer.

"And my purpose? F**k... My purpose to be out here and not in there is uhm, I don't know, maybe so that I don't get whipped for just talking? Or so that I don't have to KILL other people for amusement? Or maybe, just maybe, it's because I just missed the feeling of the sand between my toes and the wind in my hair?" Carmine's voice dripped with sarcasm, he was getting upset himself just thinking of being back in his room, in those halls. His purpose? Who was this guy to ask him that, he wasn't a threat by any means if it was three against one and who would actually stay in that place by choice?

"I'm out here because that place didn't deserve another drop of my blood, and for all I care it can be burned to the ground. And, by the way, I like dicks more than chicks so the possessive pheromones you're throwing off could come down a notch." To make his point, Carmine flipped his non-existent long locks of hair over his shoulder and held his arm out limp-wrist'd with a small high pitched scoff of mock disgust. It at least let him break his own bad mood and settle back into cool and collected. He was getting increasingly thirsty if the headache that was winding its way up was any indication.

scorpiodragon scorpiodragon Sterling_wolf Sterling_wolf Panda_Roleplays Panda_Roleplays

://://://://://://://://://://://://://
Danielle Castanellos ://: 032://: Wolf Form
[Location ://: Courtyard]
[Interactions://: Open] [Mentions ://: Everyone]

There was a brief, sweet moment where the young girl thought she was home free. She could feel the wind winding through her fur, the cool earth under her feet, and could observed the wide world around her. She was finally free. For a brief moment Dani felt joy flood over her in waves. Then, like horse that had been dangled a carrot, it was all gone. The sound of a gun shot echoed into the expanse and then something solid hit her in the upper flank. It had been so unexpected that the kid stumbled and landed a foot from where she was. Pain exploded from where the thing had hit her. Dani implored herself to get up, but pain had overtaken every thought. There she laid as two pairs of footprints rapidly approached her. Right as her vision started to tunnel she felt herself picked up by the extra fur on her neck. The last thing she saw before passing out was the dessert behind the guard as the sun started to rise over the horizon.

Finally, after several hours of being out, Dani awoke with a start. Her body jerked involuntarily catching the attention of one of the guards. Over the radio she heard something about "up," "ready," and "let's go." Without another word the guard picked up Dani by the back of the neck, who was still in wolf form, and started toward the door. The light blinded the young wolf. After some rapid blinking she was able to see where she was. The courtyard. In front of her keeled all the experiments in the place. Guards, tense with adrenaline and stress, kept close watch on them. Lilac orbs met a couple of other stares before it truly dawned on her what was happening. She was going to be an example. At that thought she started to try and struggled. She twisted, and attempted to brush small paws over the gruff hand, but nothing worked. One of the guards approached the spotlight. "Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to show," He grinned, arms gesturing wide over the captive audience, "We have something special for you this morning." With that said he gestured to the guard that was holding her. Together they walked forward. On the opposite side a large basin of water was being rolled up. Panic started to set in. "As you probably know there have been several escapes from your lovely home recently. This young wolf, Experiment zero-three-two aka Danielle Castanellos, was caught trying to escape. Now normally death would be the punishment, but we were feeling generous today. Death would have been too easy. Instead, we have other plans. Keep in mind this could very well be you." The guard gestured to the basin and then guard holding her.

The breath that she had been hold suddenly escaped. She started to struggled harder; doing everything she could think of. Nothing worked. Little did she know that unintentional little yelps and whimpers were making their way past panicked breaths. Then, she was over the bucket. For an adult it would have not been big enough, but it was just the right size for Dani. They dropped her. Cold wetness covered her from head to toe as large hands held her under. For a minute there was only shock, and then there was more panic. She thrashed, but the hands firmly held her down. After centuries they hoisted her back up. Fur soaking wet, gagging, and gasping the young wolf tried to catch her breath. This process repeated again, and again, and again. Finally, on the cusp of consciousness they held up her shivering, soaking, curled up form for the audience to see. The guard turned toward the man hold the small wolf. "And finally, throw her in the catacombs."

Having been shot and nearly drowned Dani no longer put up a fight. Like a rag doll her body flopped onto the hard grounds of the catacombs. The grate closed over overhead but at this point it was all the kid could do to stay awake. Why was she even trying to stay awake? Falling asleep would be so nice right now. The cub urged her to stay awake, but as much as she tried she felt herself fall further and further into her conscience.

Poppy Hyder ://: 046://: Human Form
[Location ://: Courtyard]
[Interactions://: Ungifted ;-; Ungifted ;-; ] [Mentions://: Ungifted ;-; Ungifted ;-; ]

Both women were escorted to the arena. Ruvick had jogged to catch up after his companion had gestured at him to come along. Thankfully, this time he was not jerking her around. That was at least a bonus. The four of them made it to the arena and found spots. Once Poppy was sure that they were out of sight she ripped off a part of her dress and scooted closer to the other female. "This may hurt, sorry." Without waiting she started to apply pressure to the wounds on the blonde back. It was the least that Poppy could do; after all, the blonde was just as much of a victim in this as she was. Poppy spent time trying to stop the bleeding during the fight. Every now and then she would glance down. It appeared to be a fight between a new experiment and an older one as evidence by his ability to change. It was brutal, but at this point Poppy was use to brutal.

Abruptly, the fight was ended and everything was brought out to the courtyard. Feeling come connection to the other girl Poppy stayed close. Ruvick kicked the back of her knees and make her fall to the ground. "Oh, I can't wait for this." What could he not wait for? What what happening? Other guards started to gather. Pretty soon the whole courtyard was full of guards and wolves. Then one lone guard came to stand in the spotlight. He started talking about the experiments that ran away and punishment. Much to the women's horror they brought out a wolf cub. Poppy's stomach clutched with nerves. With horror she watched as they made an example of the wolf cub. The yelping and whining is what broke her heart. She wanted to do everything she could, but it was too much of a risk. For now all she could do was look away as the sounds fell over the crowd. Even so of the guards appeared uncomfortable. Finally, after six times of dunking the kid, they through her in the catacombs. All Poppy could do was sit there in horror. Who were these people?

And how did she get out?

Alana listened to Carmine, laughing lightly and relaxing when he all but said he was gay, her wolf growling at her in realization the male would possibly be competition. The Lupine then relaxed and stepped to the side, glancing at Grail curious of his reaction to Carmine's admittance "If he tries anything, there's always your suggestion of drowning him." she murmured to the male that was the alpha of their little group

the male lupine stayed where he was, but seeing the pup brought in and essentially tortured within an inch of her life, Lucifer let out a very audible growl, the noise attracting the attention of the guards nearby. It was well known he had a soft spot for pups, and was very displeased as he continued to growl and shake with what seemed like rage at the abuse of the pup

interacting: scorpiodragon scorpiodragon Panda_Roleplays Panda_Roleplays SerianX13 SerianX13
mention: nearlyflowers nearlyflowers

James Woods | #48 | Human

In walked several guards, one holding a wounded wolf pup by the scruff of their neck. They went directly to the center and brought out a large bucket of water. So this was what they had in mind. A public show of torture and on a child no less. As the guard shouted out her name James felt like he'd been physically stabbed. He didn't know her of course but he had a Danielle of his own back home. A sweet little girl, probably only about 9 years old? He imagined how terrible it would be to witness something like this happen to her. The horror of being helpless to stop it. It was almost too much for the young man to bear. But bear he did, gritting his teeth in anger as the guards seemed gleeful, excited about what they were doing. These people were getting off on the torture of a child. It was fucked up beyond belief.
The guard then proceeded to dunk her underwater, taking her out only when it seemed like she would drown just to dunk her back down again. Her yelps and the scene itself made him ill. It was a brutality he'd never witnessed before and immediately made him take things much more seriously. They weren't even considered animals here. They were dirt to these people. Just things to be used and abused if they didn't behave.
James had already made up his mind to try to escape on his own but now he knew he couldn't even dream of leaving anyone behind. Those selfish fucks who left earlier would be dealt with if he ever got out of here. But he would be different. James looked around him at the other experiments. They numbered less than a hundred not too big of a group. Starting today he would get to know them, see who he could use to help him formulate a plan. They were going to get the fuck out of here and hopefully tear out some guard throats on the way. Security had been lax before but now it would be tight. It was probably going to take months of planning but James was in for the long haul. His gaze fell on the male next to him as he growled very audibly. This guy could be useful but that anger would have to be reigned in. He reached over and touched the male on the arm shaking his head no to hopefully dissuade him from doing anything stupid. Their time would come but right now wasn't it.
They tossed the cub into a sewer grate like she was last night trash and closed it over her. That was probably whatever the catacombs were. Maybe that could be a way out?

Sterling_wolf Sterling_wolf nearlyflowers nearlyflowers Panda_Roleplays Panda_Roleplays SerianX13 SerianX13 Ungifted ;-; Ungifted ;-; Takumi98 Takumi98

Silence was the only thing that Grail would give as both man and wolf listened to the frantic and somewhat rabid rant coming from the stranger. He let this stranger talk in a ramble on all sorts of topics from how he had come to learn about Grail, much to the man's displeasure. So the others had died for nothing then?! Grail grit his teeth in annoyance, his wolf for once shutting up about mating as it instead seemed unable to process that the others were dead for no reason. Never be a lone male wolf...apparently drives one crazy, he thought to himself. Shaking his head to cancel out such thoughts for later, he kept an ear on the conversation and his eyes on the other male who continued his rambling.

He spoke of how he was not here to take the females back and how he had come to escape. How he desired not to be used as a punching bag, an experiment, a toy for the use of short-lived humans when years ago they had lived to like seventy to ninety max if they were lucky and in a first world country. He then commented on Grail's apparent possessiveness and attitude concerning the presence of the other male in relation to the females and commented with something unexpected that made Grail give Carmine a long measured look before bursting into laughter. "I happen to swing for both teams so it's no skin off my back." Alana's suggestion of just drowning him like he had suggested the females do if it came to a fight only increased his amusement. "You are amusing, I will give you that," spoke Grail in between laughs. "Well you aren't built for fighting, I can tell that just by looking at you. No...you're more built for speed which could put you as a hunter or scout."

His amusement faded though as his face turned into a frown. "I don't like how the others died for nothing and yet the testing of CANIS continued. Frankly I am surprised and yet not at the same time that it continues with technology being gone...but I believe my father said they used solar powered generators to run lights." The male's frown deepened into a scowl this time, the amusement fading from his eyes and face as he headed towards the river and stared down at it, thinking on what to do. He knew what his parents would have done...accepted the stranger. "Drink, you're probably close to collapsing anyway," said Grail to the stranger as he sank to his knees by the river and closed his eyes to discuss the situation over with his wolf.

This would continue for a few hours, during which time-unknowingly of course, the rest of the experiments would be tortured. But it would allow the three wolves to rest and fill their stomachs on water before Grail finally stood. "I've made my decision. These two ladies," he gestured towards Mazikeen and Alana, "have decided I be alpha. Or Alana there will take over," he said with a disbelieving chuckle. "You...well all of you will die out here without help and the ladies seem..." He paused and frowned to himself.

"If you agree to follow me and trust in the fact that I am new to this and am bound to make mistakes, then you may join this...pack that is forming," he said. "As for ranks, these can be talked about later. If you are interested in joining and if the ladies agree, I was planning on leading them and you if you'd like on a hunt. Partly to test their skills," something he had not really disclosed with the females, "and to feed them." He waited to see what everyone would say and if Carmine would agree to join.

Serenity McKinnon-091-Human Form

What followed was a horrible fate for a child or pup as lupine children were known. Mouse could do nothing due to being rooted to the spot by fear and all the guards around her. She knew if she did something she would ultimately fail due to not being built for fighting and it not being in her nature, making her possibly quite useless in any sense of rebellion, though she couldn't imagine such a thing happening. She wasn't sure if anyone here were cowards or not but she couldn't be quite sure how many people here were willing to fight. Mouse was not even sure she was capable of assisting...no...that wasn't right.

She knew she wasn't capable of fighting and would be useless in any situation. Maybe the scientist was right and she would have been rendered an omega if the lupines were allowed to form a pack or packs. Regardless there was no use thinking about it for Mouse could only be made to watch as others were forced to, the guards and staff seeming to enjoy this unexpected bout of torture on the child who was nearly drowned multiple times before being tossed through one of the small sewers and landing in the catacombs below. She knew the punishment to escape was death and she worried what might happen to the child but if the scientist kept his threat, the girl would end up being thrown down there soon enough. Still, a child should not have to go through such treatment and she hoped the child was okay.

Growling could be heard coming from one of the fighters in the arena earlier and she closed her eyes. That was bound to get the male in trouble with the guards and she tensed, scared of what may happen. All the while, the guard known as Ash stood close by.

Interactions: Sterling_wolf Sterling_wolf Panda_Roleplays Panda_Roleplays SerianX13 SerianX13

Last edited:

The laughter that roared from Grail dispelled the last of Carmine's nerves, his legs relaxed as he allowed himself to toy with the idea that he wouldn't need to run just yet. He even offered him water, which his dry lips cheered at. Carmine listened carefully to the other, letting his eyes scan over the facial expressions and pick apart the tone of voice. It sounded like a throat that hadn't talked in a long time, getting used to speaking again. A pang of upset caught in Carmine's chest, at least at the facility he'd been around others and though he routinely garnered punishments from his smart mouth going off, at least he was conversing throughout the day. He wondered what a desert all by yourself did to someone, and all together was surprised at the amount of trust Grail was lending to these three around him. Granted, he thought jokingly, who wouldn't like me? I'm a peach.

"I think you're correct about the solar power, I heard a guard throw around the words 'photovoltaic cells' and they've mentioned 'panels' on more than one occasion." Come to think of it, he never put two and two together until now, one of those man behind the curtain things where he didn't really wonder where power came from, it was just there. "Of course I trust you're new to this," Carmine's voice was lower and sincere, "as much as I hope you trust that I don't trust very easy. Like, ever, I got used to working alone and I quite liked it. But... f**k, situation doesn't call for that kind of sh*t now does it? You're gonna have my confidence as long as you... have my back."

Carmine's eyes looked downcast for the most fleeting of moments, he was all at once vulnerable and weak and asking for help as he suddenly realized he was in a world he hadn't fully figured out yet. He hadn't analyzed this entire situation yet, he was without knowledge and without strength in a grand expanse of land that he felt probably called for both of those things. The facility he figured out, the streets where he came from he ran with a silver tongue. Here? He was acknowledging that the strong male presence before him had a wealth of knowledge he couldn't begin to understand, and physique wise he hadn't fully embraced the wolf like he had. Sure, shifting had become easier but this guy seemed to live side by side with his lupine where as Carmine at times still struggled with the identity.

With sure footing and a straight back he closed the distance to the water's edge and with one last glance at Grail, Alana, and Mazikeen, he knelt and brought a handful of water up to his mouth letting the smallest of noises be made in approval. When he felt less parched, he relaxed back to sit cross legged and just focus on his breath for a moment. Carmine returned his gaze to focus on Grail, taking in all details and committing this spot and these people to memory.

"So, we got Alana and Mazikeen, what's your name 011-who-swings-for-both-teams? I only know your number. Carmine Melbourne, at your service." Carmine extracted himself completely from his atheltic top and enjoyed the open air on his skin, the heat out in the desert starting to pick up with the coming mid day sun. He extended his hand towards Grail in a gesture of good faith, both to convey trust in the distance he was currently standing from him, and express the trust in the other himself.

scorpiodragon scorpiodragon Panda_Roleplays Panda_Roleplays Sterling_wolf Sterling_wolf

Grail S. Haven-011-Alpha Male-Human Form

In the time that Grail had been conversing with his other half, the stranger known as Carmine, at least he thought that was the name Alana called out, approached and took the chance at getting water. Once he had finished speaking, the other began speaking again only this time it was not a rant like before when first being introduced to him and he supposed the other two in a way. There was no guarantee the other had gotten a chance to talk with the females if things were still the same as before when he had been growing up. Another frown slipped across his face and he again shook his head to shake said thought away. One couldn't change the past after all, they only had to survive and look to the future, using the past and present as a guide.

He allowed the other to speak until he had finished, Grail nodding imperceptibly and showing no real emotions but for the brief frown from moments ago. Quietly noting the man's posture and the sadness that ebbed off him as he spoke of his own past before coming here, it sounded like he had run the streets. "You three are lucky," he interrupted once. "Despite your pasts that differ from each other and life experiences, you have that in common and remember." His voice at that moment was laced with a mixture of sincerity, sadness, bitterness and longing. "You can use that past to hold onto your humanity, if it is not already gone and those memories can help in the future."

When Carmine began removing his jacket, Grail turned to check the sun's position, turning back as Carmine spoke to him and introduced himself. So he had heard the fellow's name right. The man, Carmine, informed him that he would trust Grail as long as Grail had his back to which he nodded. Grail would do his best to lead and protect them since they put faith in him and was glad they seemed to understand he would make mistakes. Anyone in a leadership role was bound to flounder, the difference between them and Grail was it was a matter of life and death for him and these few lupines as well as any others brought out. "I will do my best to protect you all and any others as well as deserve the trust and faith put into me," said Grail.

Looking down at the extended hand, Grail extended his right and shook it. When asked who he was, the male's eyes seemed to cloud over briefly, before he spoke. "Grail Salve Harrison," he replied. "Partly a short version of my father, Salvatore Harrison, experiment 009 and partly for all the mischief I gave the guards and staff as well as the others from childhood thus resulting in healing and time in the infirmary. Welcome then Carmine to the little pack of misfits." Looking at the three he hummed to himself. "You have a choice. I did promise a hunt but the desert will get real hot towards mid-day which is nearly upon us. It's cooler in the evenings starting at sunset and towards dawn You may talk among yourselves and decide what would be more pleasant and easier for you to do an evening hunt or a day hunt. Should you choose for the night hunting, we can head back to the Extraction Zone and converse over our next course of action and ranks." If they were going to be a pack, they needed to work together and learn to respect each other, if not like each other.

Interacting: SerianX13 SerianX13 Panda_Roleplays Panda_Roleplays Sterling_wolf Sterling_wolf

Esme"Love"Amor-038-Human Form
Location-Arena-Courtyard

Esme sat down and started to think about what was going on in the Arena.This is horrible.In the middle of her thoughts the other girl started to help with her wounds.Esme didn't want to add on to the ongoing notice of people inside the arena so she turned around and whispered a soft "Thank You." Inside the females-Poppys ear.The other girl had as many bad bruises and scars on her,so Esme was amazed to see that the female was helping Esmes with hers.

Esme flinched and squeezed her eyes at the pain inside of her.While the girl was still aiding Esme with her scars the next wild came in,wait that wasn't a wolf.....IT WAS A CUB!The cub was yanking at their neck trying to get out of the strong hold of the guards.When the other guards brought out a big tub full of water Esme knew the deal.It was a public torture.What have she done that bad to deserve this?Nobody deserved what was about to come.The Cubs head was forced in the water as Esme saw it trying to gasp for air.It was horrifying and Esme couldn't stand to watch,but with the shouts of people she knew what was happening.And afterwards she was thrown into the catacombs.Like a piece of shit, watching this made Esme turn a bright shade of red and her pupils dilated.
Mentions/Interactions: nearlyflowers nearlyflowers Sterling_wolf Sterling_wolf Yennie Yennie

Last edited:
Alana seemed to think a moment before giving her response "We should wait until evening at the least..." the Lupine then chose to settle down on the ground for a moment

Lucifer looked at James, the other male having gotten his attention -and a slight hiss of pain- as he put his hand on Lucifer's shoulder. The tan-skinned Lupine sighed lightly, nodding lightly in response as to say he would try and calm down

interacting: scorpiodragon scorpiodragon Yennie Yennie Panda_Roleplays Panda_Roleplays SerianX13 SerianX13

Mazikeen Cloud ~037~ Wolf Form/Human Form
The Expanse
Mazikeen, still a wolf, listened to and watched the scene unfolding in front of her, still on guard through the whole thing.
When Grail accepted the male she looked over her shoulder at them briefly and saw he was serious. So she relaxed her posture a little bit, however still keeping a weary eye out for any sign of trouble.
At everyone dispersing to their spots by the water, she walked over too and lapped up some more water before shifting back to her human form. She sat on the warm sand and then laid down in the sun listening to the others some more.
When she heard word about the hunt she perked up a little, still taking in all the sun. It is already quite hot... She thought, and then threw in her thoughts on the matter
“I agree with an evening hunt, it’ll be easier to hunt without our back fur burning off, plus it’s easier to lurk in shadows once the sun begins to go down or has gone down.” She spoke, for the first time in quite a while.

Silo Gray ~051~ Human Form
Arena/Courtyard
Silo was quite startled when the fight was called off, it was odd for them to cut a fight that insanely short. Blood hadn’t even spilled yet. When his guard nudged him to get up, he obeyed and walked with the others back to the courtyard. When he saw wolves being forced to their knees, his heart dropped into his ass. He remembered these as execution lines and he just about sh*t himself when he was forced to kneel with the others.
And then the pup was brought out. And a tub of water. Silo’s eyes became hard and he sent his conciousness into the back recesses of his mind. He wanted nothing more than to avoid watching the poor pup be tortured. He heard a growl from another lupine which was quickly gone. However, Silo was frozen in shock from the horrible thing occurring in front of him. And when the child was thrown through the sewer grate into the catacombs, he almost lost his mind. He was barely able to keep his cool.
How they could do this to a pup without shame was beyond him.

Yong Li-Jong ~043~ Human form

Having noticed the guards keeping close in the arena, Yong felt dread the moment they called off the fight. Despite some confusion, he knew something wasn't right. In the end it turned out he was right.

What they had did to Danielle made him grind his teeth to keep from screaming in rage, fists clenched until his knuckles turned white. He kept quiet, even though he wanted to yell obscenities and rip every one of the guards' throats out with his own teeth-

Closing his eyes, Yong took a couple of quiet, slow, calming breaths to release some tension and anger from himself and his wolf. There wasn't anything he could do for now, so pushing the anger and dark thoughts to the back of his mind for know was all he could do.

@All y'all

Time: 11:00 AM
“The next time there is an escape attempt, it will be even worse for everyone,” spoke the head scientist as he approached the group. “Acts of rebellion will not be tolerated and will be met with sever punishments.” He had already in mind splitting half of them up into two groups if there were another escape attempt. “Due to the escape of zero thirty-seven, zero sixty-six and zero forty as well as the attempted escape of this pup zero thirty-two, dinner, recovery and free time are hereby canceled for the rest of the day. You will be led to the cafeteria for an early lunch then participate in fighting and testing until dinner where you will then be locked in your rooms. Those who resist will earn lockdown in their rooms for the evening.”

Even after the punishment had happened, the people were kept there kneeling, the child's whimpers and yelps still echoing from below them, until they faded. Meanwhile the door would swing shut by a guard in the catacombs and it would lock, causing a dead silence to fall over the crowd above. Only when that was done would the prisoners be allowed to head to the cafeteria for a meal, an hour early. The schedule was already messed up, why not make it more messed up? Yet dozens upon dozens of guards would remain in the cafeteria and outside it, watching over the patients as they gathered in huddles. Somehow Mouse found herself in her own little corner again with a bit of food, picking at it as before and this time eating as she had eaten little and the fighting had fatigued her. Still wearing Silo's shirt, she flinched as she saw Ash watching her, the guard purposely setting his tray down in the seat across from her, causing her stomach to turn into knots.

Mentioned: Takumi98 Takumi98 Ungifted ;-; Ungifted ;-; Yennie Yennie nearlyflowers nearlyflowers

Grail S. Harrison-011-Alpha Male-Human/Wolf
Expanse to Extraction Zone
Two of three. Grail turned his gaze to Carmine to hear his answer as he watched as Mazikeen turn to look at him, the lupine meeting the female’s gaze with his own before she relaxed and shifted back to human and speak of it being easier to hunt when the sun wasn’t bearing down on them. They’re learning. Though two seemed for it, he wanted everyone to have a chance for responding. Assuming the answer was to retreat to a cool place, he would speak. “Pace yourself and follow me. It’s quicker as wolves. Oh...and tonight’s a full moon.”

What that meant may or may not be known to them. Yet there was no more chance to speak as the man turned into a wolf with ease and began heading back to the Extraction Zone, leading the others over the desert to the mountains where he turned off and began leading the way up the slope inside. The temperature drop could be easily felt, though it was much cooler further down, brushing through the scrub brush that hid part of the entrance. When he was within the cool darkness, he sat down and shifted once more, so that when they arrived there would be a human on the ground, one leg bent and the other stretched out in front of him.

Interaction: Panda_Roleplays Panda_Roleplays SerianX13 SerianX13 Sterling_wolf Sterling_wolf

Last edited:
Carmine Melbourne-066-Human/Wolf
Location - Expanse to Extraction Zone

Carmine wiped sweat from his forward and listened carefully as Grail, now he knew his name, recalled the events leading up to his position here out in the desert. The earlier experiments obviously did not have it easy, not that anyone after them did either. As the girls chatted back and forth concerning the hunt, Carmine shrugged. He had no qualms whether they did it now or later, again he barely embraced the wolf side of him so this was all territory he'd need to flesh out as he stayed in the freer state.

"Guess night time it is then," he responded. He slipped back into his top, his skin now pleasantly warmed by the sun, and watched as Grail assumed his more beastly form and took off. The wolf was massive, and Carmine picked up that strong scent of blood and cinnamon again from the fur as it pawed away. Carmine smiled brightly, another chance to stretch his legs. He turned to the females and checked to make sure they were getting ready to follow.

As the wolf took form he shook out his hind legs in a stretch, then proceeded to shoot out after their new alpha easily keeping pace but allowing his mind to wander and take in the landscape. He never knew when he would need to navigate without the assistance of Grail. The extraction zone came into view after weaving his way under brush, and Carmine couldn't help but smile. There really was an interesting lay to the land, he couldn't wait to explore further and see what other areas the desert presented.

Carmine entered the spot next to the male and shifted back, taking a calculating eye to the place and looking around in a slow circle. Each scent, the temperature change, filing it away. "Nice pad, bet the rent is outrageous," he joked, leaning against a nearby wall.

Sterling_wolf Sterling_wolf Panda_Roleplays Panda_Roleplays scorpiodragon scorpiodragon

Alana stood and began to jog, her shift beginning mid-step as she seemed to step up her pace to a full run and shift, once her fur of snow white appeared and she was on four legs she expanded to a run. Once they reached the cave she plopped down, choosing to remain a wolf as she watched the rest of their little "pack"
SerianX13 SerianX13 Panda_Roleplays Panda_Roleplays scorpiodragon scorpiodragon

Grail S. Harrison-011-Alpha Male-Human
It seemed the others were true to their word for he could hear them following. Soon Carmine joined him, the other male shifting and leaning against one of the walls and looking about the place. “You can feel the air yes?” He motioned with a hand towards the far wall which had another opening in it. “There is a doozy of a drop but more room and it’s cooler than up top. A rather large cavern built naturally beneath and into the mountain. I call this the Extraction Zone. Patrols will come here to search for escaped lupines and if needed execute any humans or those who side with the facility.”

Alana was the next to arrive, remaining in her wolf form which meant Mazikeen was the last to return. If she fell behind, she could practice her tracking or whatever skills she had. As Carmine joked about the price of rent, Grail was silent for a moment before speaking. “Normally it would be costly...I got it for a steal and haven’t exactly been paying for it...or credits either.” It was unlikely the three would get the joke but he had more serious things to discuss. However that would wait as he surveyed both Alana and Carmine. “I do not like to rush into relationships, therefore the place of Alpha Mate is on hold until I make a decision and someone proves their worth. The same will apply to future betas, of which I have decided there will be three and a seer...a lupine in charge of ceremonies and interpreting prophecies or communicating with those who have passed. I am considering the alpha line to be a mix of heredity and open to challenge with the firstborn getting it but they will be open to other challengers, even among younger siblings and will have to fight and beat me to ascend. Then the current alpha will step down to a beta position. Should the current alpha lose, he, his mate, their betas and the alpha’s children will be banished to seclusion st the edges of the territory which is yet to be made or decided. That would start a new line in the pack.”

Interacting: Sterling_wolf Sterling_wolf SerianX13 SerianX13 Panda_Roleplays Panda_Roleplays

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back