• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern C.A.N.I.S. RP

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Zoe
#59 | Hunter | Human Form
Location: Cafeteria | Interacting: Sebastian ( scorpiodragon scorpiodragon )

Zoe was, admittedly, not thinking too much about her actions or what she was saying. All she wanted was to put the kid at ease. Yet it didn't seem like her words were having any soothing impact on him. What did he want her to say? That they were likely all doomed and she wouldn't even remember who she was before she died? No, no, she was trying to stay positive here. Was going to stay positive.

"I'm... sorry," she said, trying to formulate something clever to say, something that would help. "Look, I just... I know it's not great here, but we could all be dead right now. Or being tortur--" She stopped, knowing that some of the others were being hurt like that. Sighing, she rubbed the side of her arm. "But I mean, what can we do?"

By now, Zoe was rambling, but she felt like she did have a point. What could they do, run? They'd never make it. Any escape attempts were bound to go horribly wrong. Besides, she didn't have anything to go back to. Not that she recalled, anyway. "I'm really sorry," she apologized again. "I just wanted to make sure you were okay. As okay as you can be, anyway." She couldn't be like this in front of a child, a child who she should be trying to comfort.

Sebastian|097|Omega|Human
Sebastian looked at the woman as she spoke of it being better here then outside the facility. “This is nothing,” Sebastian said. “Nothing to your mama selling you and making...” Sebastian cut himself off. “I think I would prefer death.” As she apologized, the child stared at her. “You have nothing to apologize for. You didn’t sell me for drug money. Not okay but what can I do? Not big enough kill my self. Sara be mad if I die. She only one who care.”

Kipsy Kipsy

James Woods | #48 | Human
Interaction: Poppy, Aella and Charlier nearlyflowers nearlyflowers Eliruz Eliruz RoninN7 RoninN7

Perhaps it was the frightened way the woman looked when he approached that stayed his actions. He didn't mean any harm to her. Far from it really but of course she'd have no way of knowing that when he just stalked over and stood silent as a statue. She was eager to get away from the area and James could not blame her. The other male had assumed a stance which James felt was a challenge though it seemed neither of them were truly interested in fighting. They were both very confused and experiencing things for the first time. It didn't have to come to blows. Thankfully Poppy was ready to smooth the situation over, the ease of which she did so thoroughly impressed James. She quickly explained that the woman was in 'heat'. He'd heard of animals going into heat, had witnessed a stray female dog being hounded and chased by a pack of male dogs until one rose above to finally claim her. Thinking of himself as no better than a dog was a harrowing experience but it also sobered him. Poppy admitted it was difficult but there was the unspoken undertone of 'I know you're strong enough to resist'. And so he would.

James nodded to show he understood. "Yea getting her out of here would be best. Sorry by the way, I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable." He quickly apologized to the woman hoping she wouldn't hold this momentary weakness against him in the future. He looked at the other male as he spoke, raising an eyebrow at him. He'd clearly heard Poppy and didn't need this guy telling him what to do. There was still an underlying tension between them but again James did not want to fight. Not right now at least. And James certainly didn't make mistakes nor was he one to back down. He didn't like the way the guy had growled at Poppy either. "I'm not deaf." He deadpanned, resisting the urge to add an eyeroll along with his dry tone. "Poppy will take of her just fine, you don't need to worry Romeo." That was probably unnecessary but James didn't really care in the moment. He turned his attention back to Poppy, speaking to her in a much kinder tone. "Why don't you guys go ahead, we're about to shift over to free time so you should be able to find somewhere quiet."

Wendy Li-Jong |#100| Human form
and
Pan Li-Jong |#104| Human form

Wendy simply nodded along absentmindedly for a minute to what Zoe said next, then they were told to go outside. Both siblings threw what food they didn't eat away then returned their trays before following after the older female out. Then she stopped to talk to a younger boy, who instantly gained sympathy and pity from Pan and Wendy respectively.

"Hey, we won't let some loser threaten you and get away with it." Wendy spoke up, earning a side eye from Pan for a second.

"Wendy, don't just go calling people losers....but anyway, we'll make sure no one tried hurting you...? Uh, what's your name?" Pan spoke, trying to be reassuring for the younger boy like his brother would.

While Pan tried to make friends with the kid, Wendy tried to gather and tie her messy hair up into a ponytail.

"Hey...Zoe was it? We need to work on your uh...comforting skills." She said, trying to boost the other female's mood somewhat after sensing her disappointment.

"You did what you could though, so that's what really counts, yeah?" She added, hands on her hip and a lopsided smile on her face.

Kipsy Kipsy scorpiodragon scorpiodragon nearlyflowers nearlyflowers

Sebastian|097|Omega|Human
When others who seemed older than him approached, Sebastian tended and stepped backwards. The child shook his head as the boy tried talking to him, the boy’s mind instinctively going to mama’s list of prices. Unfortunately for the child, mama had usually been there naming off prices for various services. He didn’t understand why he was being asked his name when according to the mean person, they didn’t have names. “Zero nine seven,” said Sebastian, hoping mean person wouldn’t show up and hurt him. He was trying but unable to come up with joe mama marketed him and Sara for services for the teen boy in front of him. Even centuries later, sex was the profession that sold.

Sebastian wasn’t sure he trusted the person’s good nature. The child had known men to play nice before and the children had suffered for it at the hands of one of mama’s boyfriends. “Can’t help me.” Sebastian worried for his younger siblings and still didn't know why mama had sold him. He knew it was for drug money, but as to why he had been picked, the child was not sure. “Mean person not all bad. He step in when other boy hit me.”

nearlyflowers nearlyflowers Kipsy Kipsy Takumi98 Takumi98

Last edited:
Carmine Melbourne - 066 - Wolf to Human

Carmine, for all the time they were spending outside, still was not 100% settled into his body. As he heard Mazikeen speak concerning food he found himself again prickling at the voice in his head. It didn't freak him out quite as much as it did in the beginning, but still...

He began the short sprint back to their sleeping area with ease, part way through shifting himself back to human form to stretch out the legs he was born with. He felt like the one thing he did absolutely love about his changed body was that his speed overall had improved, both lupine and human. Luckily, the pants that he had put on the day of the escape were still holding up, his shirt left back at their central area to not rip with the shifting and not needed in the current weather.

A month and a half outside of walls, away from plumbing and light fixtures and the ding of microwaves. He noted his human body to be slimmer with lean muscle strapped around it. He noted his mind to be clearer and felt sharper than before, like the swipe of a hand across fogged glass. He had mentally mapped every inch of this territory down to the rock and twig in his head, and at night would sometimes do mental jogs back around at the facility they had come from. If they planned to infiltrate it, planned to get people out, he had to remember the details he'd ingrained in himself to escape in the first place.

Though, plenty of factors were out of his reach. They'd most definitely changed the guard rotations, probably the timing as well as the areas covered. Would they have updated the security cameras to cover blind spots like the one he took advantage of? There were still choice areas that no one would be able to see, but they weren't placed in advantageous positions for a coup. Carmine knew that as he pondered and scratched over these blue prints in his head, he had grown distant and quiet from the small pack. He'd apologize eventually, made a mental note of it to go alongside all his other mental notes. A scattered desk of post-its inside his head.

As he traipsed back to their sleeping spot, slowing his feet down and enjoying the pulse his muscles gave from the previous exertion, he could smell the other three closing in at even paces. He took the moment to sit down and breathed evenly. The intertwined smell of Grail and Alana made his chest hurt. Maybe that was another reason he'd been so distant, though Carmine swore the changes to his DNA were making him search for companionship when he was always fine being alone. Preferred it, thrived in it. Pack mentality, finding a mate, living communally - all hurdles for Carmine that were pushing him mentally. He couldn't determine whether or not he liked the challenge just yet.

Sterling_wolf Sterling_wolf Panda_Roleplays Panda_Roleplays scorpiodragon scorpiodragon

Wendy Li-Jong |#100| Human form
and
Pan Li-Jong |#104| Human form

Noticing the boy's seemingly nervous nature near him, Pan didn't try to get any closer to the poor boy, to keep him from freaking out.

"I meant what you were called before being given that number. The number they gave me is one-zero-four, but my name is Pan Li-Jong. This is my sister, Wendy, I don't know what number they gave her, but I personally could care less since she's my sister." He introduced to the kid in an attempt to clarify, with Wendy giving the boy a small wave, before his brows furrowed in slight confusion at being told he couldn't help. He grew a little more confused when the boy said the same mean man that threatened him helped him.

"Well, even if he did help you, didn't mean he had to threaten you." He answered.

"Either way, that guy seems a bit of a bully." Wendy commented with a small huff. Like the guards and most of the staff she's met so far in her opinion.

scorpiodragon scorpiodragon Kipsy Kipsy nearlyflowers nearlyflowers

Lucifer Draconis -042- Human form
The male remained silent, observing everything around him as he finally noticed a familiar male. JJ? no... it can't be... our parents threw him out long before me... Lucifer thought to himself while sitting at a secluded table near a corner. After a few moments he finally left his food for a moment as he strode over to the long-haired male who was his brother. "Josh? Is that you...?" he inquired, brows furrowed

Joshua Draconis -31- Human Form

Joshua heard his nickname and looked in the direction of his brother, a smile on his face as he began to walk towards the male "Luci! I haven't seen you in ages!" came his response as he pulled the other male in for a hug

Alana Wulfe -040- Human form
Alana had been laying near the edge of where Grail had guided the pack, the snowy wolf resting with her head on her paws as she observed their surroundings for any possible danger to their pack. Once Grail had eventually returned to the pack, she stood and padded to him to greet the male that was her mate. Alana did her best to rub her cheek against his as she gave a slightly wolfish grin. I assume all is well? We need to plan our first rescue...

interacting: scorpiodragon scorpiodragon

Grail S. Harrison|011|Alpha Male|Wolf
Grail loped easily through the Expanse, his fur sticking out against the sand. When he got to his pack he saw them altogether, food at Maz’s feet. Alana came up to him and he rumbled at her as she brushed against him, speaking mentally. Observing the rabbits Maz had caught, he looked them over. “Good job Maz,” he said to the hunter. Looking back at Carmine and then Alana as she spoke of them needing to plan a rescue he nodded. “Eat...we need strength,” he spoke to the three, waiting for them to select their breakfast. “Mmmm...yes. Nothing unusual. No scent of lupine or human. No tracks or signs of camps. I didn’t go far enough but we have to assume security had been updated. More cameras. More guards. Possibly the tightening of the schedule. Maz, are you still up for serving as a distraction for me as I fight and play cat and mouse with the guards and staff?”

SerianX13 SerianX13 Sterling_wolf Sterling_wolf Panda_Roleplays Panda_Roleplays

://://://://://://://://://://://://://
Poppy Hyder ://: 046://: Human Form
[Location ://: Lunchroom-->Outside]
[Interactions://: Yennie Yennie Eliruz Eliruz RoninN7 RoninN7 ] [Mentions://: Yennie Yennie ]
://://://://://://://://://://://://://:

After addressing her Poppy beamed up at the taller male she had just met; making a mental promise to seek him out later and continue their conversation. The prospect of just being near him again was enough to bring a wave of happiness washing over her. Then, without further ado, her attention shifted to the other female. Still keeping her body language a neutral as possible--a trick she remembered from Hannah--she approached. "I'm not going to leave you," Poppy promised, while gently placing a hand on the women arm in a comforting gesture, "As James said, free time is starting, let's head outside." She wanted the other male to hear that she would be safe. It appeared that this girl was important to him--even when being in heat was not a factor. Without even waiting for an answer Poppy tenderly guided the girl toward the door. She made sure that they did not turn their backs on either of them before getting to the door. Then, without hesitation, she encouraged the girl to go outside. With one more glance at both males Poppy nodded and then followed.​
The scent, while still there, mixed with the smell of the nature and fresh air. The effect was almost instant. While it was clear that they had caused some commotion that forced the guards to step in and push others away from the cafeteria doors. It had not even been a minute when she felt eyes on the back of head. It took every ounce of willpower not to turn around because she didn't have to look to know who it was. Ruvick. "So," Poppy started, while leading her toward a grassy clearing in the yard, "What is your name anyway?"
As observed earlier the girl did not look familiar. Not that everyone in here was known to Poppy, but when seeing everyone everyday you start to recognize when people are there or people are not.​
Danielle Castanellos ://: 032://: Human Form
[Location ://: Outside]
[Interactions://: ] [Mentions ://: scorpiodragon scorpiodragon Kipsy Kipsy Takumi98 Takumi98 ]

Now, there were three older individuals surrounding the kid. It was clear from where Dani was sprawled out that the boy was uncomfortable, but maybe they were not picking up on that hint. Then it appeared the older male did when he stopped approaching. They were trying to help. It was coming from a good place but the blonde could not help but feel bad for the boy. Then she found out that the boy's name was Sebastian. He defended the man that harshly put him out the yard and told him that if he moved he would be killed. "It doesn't matter that he stepped in. His good actions don't make up for his bad." The young girl had meant to internally say that, but the phrase bitterly slipped past her lips. Maybe they didn't hear it?​

Sebastian|097|Pup|Human
Sebastian swallowed as more people came out of the doors, of the cafeteria and further down there was the influx of the three experiment wings coming into a triangle together. The child turned his head towards Dani as he heard her words of it not being right to defend the older male because he had saved him due to him being mean. Sebastian was not sure what he wanted, to get out and risk a life of starvation and always running or to remain in a place which was scary but he could apparently be assured of food and medical care, things that were never truly known at home. One might say the child should be grateful for the life he had now, even if it meant that he was to be used as a weapon and hurt by adults and even other children. The child scuffed his foot on the grass as guards came out to monitor the children and adolescents, make sure the adolescents weren't trying to get involved with each other and there were no escapes. Unfortunately for them...an escape would happen and a full punishment for the people.

nearlyflowers nearlyflowers Kipsy Kipsy Takumi98 Takumi98

Charlie|#075|Human Form
Interacting: Yennie Yennie Mention: Eliruz Eliruz nearlyflowers nearlyflowers
Charlie turned to look at Poppy and Aella as they began to take their leave and smiled at Aella, trying to reassure her that everything would be alright despite what had happened. He vaguely heard the other male say something, which he assumed was directed at Poppy, but he paid no mind to it. Much of Charlie's attention was focused on Aella's safety and controlling himself to avoid getting himself into unnecessary trouble. That was when the male decided to respond to Charlie in a way which, in hindsight, Charlie should have probably anticipated. Despite the thoughts and overpowering scent clouding Charlie's mind, he couldn't help but let out a short-lived chuckle at the other male's response. Snappy one, aren't you? I think you and I are gonna have some fun... Charlie recognized that the male wasn't backing down, but was making a similar effort with regards to preventing a fight from breaking out. He felt somewhat excited at the prospect of a potential opponent for the future. Charlie would always welcome a challenge, and perhaps this male could be one of these challenges for him.

Still, Charlie did feel something of a sting at the male's response and felt the need to say something back. Before that, however, Poppy and Aella made their way toward the courtyard. The male said something which, once again, Charlie paid no mind to, while Charlie only gave them a smile before turning back toward James and the rest of the cafeteria. He put the most convincing, yet strained, smile he could muster and slowly walked in James' direction, yet not directly toward him.
"Calm down there hotshot, no need to get all upset just because your girl left you for another girl." His voice had a tone of mockery and mean-spirited teasing, with a hint of genuine playfulness. Charlie was prodding James, trying to see how much they could push each other before something happened. As he walked by James, Charlie turned his eyes toward him, the primal rage vanishing as Aella's scent cleared, but a different, more human emotion appearing. His eyes showed a strange mix of anger, happiness, and anticipation, as Charlie looked directly at James. "It is free time, so how about we drop the tough guy acts now that we no longer have the effects of a female's heat to blame? In the meantime, James, let's enjoy our free time..."

He resisted the urge to give James a pat on the shoulder, noticing the heavy tension between the two. Charlie began to take steps past the other male, still keeping the forced smile on his face. After a couple of steps, Charlie stopped to say one more thing to James. "Don't look so upset, you'll get her back soon. Maybe try to find some... company in the meantime."

Mazikeen Cloud ~037~ Wolf Form
Mazikeen arrived at the spot she asked the others to meet her at and dropped the rabbits at her feet, waiting for everyone to arrive. The first to appear was grail and Alana and she instantly lowered her ears and wagged her tail low, nearly at her legs. Mazi first went to Grail. She let out little whimpers and pushed her body lower, doing a typical wolf greeting of nibbling and licking at his chin as her wolf side took a little more control. She next did the same to Alana. After, she sauntered happily next to Carmine, giving him a friendly boop of the noses and went back to her kills.
As per typical wolf pack hierarchy she allowed Grail and Alana first to choose their meals before quickly grabbing her own, the smaller of the two remaining carcasses and moving a few feet away to lay down and crunch on her food.
Mazikeen tuned in to the conversation and when Grail spoke to her she allowed her ears to fall back a slight bit as she huffed in a satisfied manner. “Of course I am. I was thinking we should approach either now or during the evening. Enough light to allow them to see us, but not too hot so we overheat too quickly. Then we would have to somehow take turns being the one the guards focus on while Alana and Carmine retrieve as many Lupines as they can. But then again I’m open to other ideas if you had any..” Mazikeen seemed to trail off nervously at the end, not wanting to seem like she was ‘challenging’ Grails authority or anything.

Interactions: Sterling_wolf Sterling_wolf SerianX13 SerianX13 scorpiodragon scorpiodragon

Silo Gray ~051~ Human Form
Silo again gave Yong another thank you and then ate the food quickly. Stopping between mouthfuls when his appearance was mentioned. “Yeah they umm.. They were even harsher on me than the pup that was in the Catacombs. Gave me just enough to stay alive...” He lifted his hoodie quickly and briefly to show his now emaciated, almost skeletal looking body. His ribs very clearly showing. Silo looked down picking st the food remaining before continuing. “That pup didn’t deserve what it was put through. If I could I’d free the poor children from this place and take an eternity of pain for them to not go through that. And I have a feeling I will soon be put back to fight, being even more frail and small than before.” He made eye contact with Yong. “There has to be a way out. There were others who escaped, why not us too?” He asked. Then began to finish his food once more. Silo suggested they continue to outside before the guards yelled at and punished them for being late.

Interactions: Takumi98 Takumi98

Zoe
Location: Courtyard | Interacting: Sebastian ( scorpiodragon scorpiodragon ), Danielle ( nearlyflowers nearlyflowers )

As more people joined in on the conversation, Zoe felt herself sheepishly slink further into herself. She didn't feel up to speaking anymore, having already said enough in her opinion. The only thing she felt was pity, pity for everyone here and for the things they'd been through. Life was rotten, and by trying to make it better she only seemed to make things worse. What was she supposed to do? Stage an escape attempt? Hah. She didn't have the charisma for that. This place had ruined whoever she'd once been, taking most of what she learned to be socially appropriate with it.

With Danielle's last, soft-spoken words, though, she felt herself slowly flicker back to life. "She's right, Sebastian," she said, happy to now have the kid's name. But, instead of pushing things further, she shook her head and cleared her thoughts. "I'm Zoe. I'm not giving you my number because I don't want to define myself with it like that." She held out her hand but, upon realizing that might be a bit much, she retracted it. Her mind was pretty messed up considering this lifestyle was all she knew, and she was well aware of that fact, but the least she could do was be properly befriend a child. How hard could that be? Apparently, very. "I'm sorry you've been through so much in such a small period of time."

Last edited:
Grail S. Harrison-011-Alpha Male-Wolf
The Expanse
Grail rumbled as Mazikeen approached him and licked his muzzle before doing the same with Alana. She then booped Carmine on his nose and both lower ranked wolves seemed to wait for meals, Grail only now realizing the female was behaving like a pack wolf. Despite him saying they could eat freely it seemed Mazikeen had other ideas. Flicking an ear in surprise at these actions, he huffed to himself and selected his rabbit and then when Alana had hers, the female would get her own. Going off a bit and settling down on the ground, Grail watched each member for a few moments before holding the rabbit in his paws and beginning to tear into the meal. "We can either eat and talk or discuss later about plans," said Grail.

Mentioned: SerianX13 SerianX13 Sterling_wolf Sterling_wolf Panda_Roleplays Panda_Roleplays

Sebastian-097-Pup-Human
Courtyard
The woman who had first spoken to him seemed to back up slightly and falter before speaking to him again, introducing herself improperly...if that other wolf were to be believed. She spoke of it being nice to meet him and held out her hand for the boy, who was brought out of his failure to come up with an appropriate response to...Zoe. Zoe ended up retracting her hand though just as soon as she had stretched it out. Perhaps realizing he would not take her hand. He shrugged and looked at the various people, nervousness evident within his body language and eyes before looking for any guards that might be near them. "S...How you stay positive...when no chance get out of here? Nowhere to go if got out," he said.

Kipsy Kipsy

James Woods | #48 | Human
Interaction: Charlie RoninN7 RoninN7

The way Poppy practically beamed was infectious and James found himself smiling too. He quickly schooled his features as she left though, turning his attention to the rather brazen male who suddenly seemed so much more cocky than before. James scoffed at his remark about his 'girl' being taken by another girl. For one thing, Poppy wasn't his girl. Did he like her? Absolutely, but that was first impressions and they'd only just met. He wanted to get to know her better naturally but this sort of teasing was lost on him. James had no true ties to anyone here. He shook his head, laughing in a way that suggested he found the comment funny for entirely different reasons. "Yea, that's real funny because your girl seemed like she couldn't wait to get away from you." He sneered, returning the mean-spirited teasing. It honestly felt out of character- James wasn't mean by nature but this guy was pushing buttons he hadn't dealt with in a while. Perhaps it was the stress of their situation. They were literally prisoners, their bodies modified without their consent. Hell their whole lives were completely changed. Truth be told he was on edge and it felt kinda good to be an asshole.
"Might wanna cut back on the creepy overprotective vibes until you at least know more than her name bud." He'd seen guys like this before, thinking they were all wholesome and good. And maybe he truly was, James was in no position to judge anyone else with the things he'd done in his life. The "tough" thing wasn't an act. When you grow up on the streets you either get tough or you die, simple as that. But James had nothing to prove and certainly not to this guy. He could admit the heat scent or whatever had momentarily clouded his judgement but he'd been able to fight it. He wasn't sure if it was all the other competing scents or his own sheer willpower that had kept him reigned in but he was grateful.
At the moment though James was beyond annoyed but even with that in mind there was something important here. This guy still had some spunk. Some attitude. That could be very good for what James was planning. With that thought in mind he crossed his arms and sighed.

"Alright asshole that's enough dick measuring for now. Why don't we put that blue-balled energy to use and head to the gym?" His approach was way different with this guy than it had been with Poppy but for some reason James got the feeling he wouldn't take too much offense to it. Sure they probably didn't like each other very much right now (or not at all in James' case) but that didn't change the fact that he thought they could work well together if given the chance. "Believe it or not there's something really important I want to ask you." He didn't wait for a response and just headed off to the gym area. It would be supervised of course but with all the sounds of the exercise equipment he was confident their conversation wouldn't be overhead. If the other male decided to follow. James had a feeling he would follow. Just to get the last word if for nothing else.​

Zoe
Location: Courtyard | Interacting: Sebastian ( scorpiodragon scorpiodragon )

The boy looked around nervously and Zoe felt her shoulders slacken, knowing just how he felt. The guards were intimidating always, their gaze never wavering. Their threat was constant. She was frightened, herself, but she managed to look past that after some time. Running her fingers through her hair, she breathed in deeply. "It's hard," she admitted, "but I don't remember how life was before I was in this place. For all I know, I could've been in just as bad of a place as I am currently." A pause, her lips pursing in thought before she continued. "In any case, the only way to go after hitting rock bottom is up. I'm sure things can only get better for us. It... It has to. We just have to keep trying."

Sebastian|097|Pup|Human
Courtyard
Sebastian stared at Zoe as she spoke of not remembering her own life before she came here. Was that really what it was like? Forgetting who you were and becoming nothing more than someone mean...nothing more than an animal? Sebastian certainly felt like it sometimes, thinking he was an animal and he had only been here for three weeks...two weeks spent traveling to this facility where he was also treated like an animal. But that was really the child's life...mama didn't obviously care for him and Sara was gone, she being the only one to protect his younger siblings from their fate. "Not easy looking for something when this place only place that...that give food and medical care...even if not treated like human," said Sebastian.

Kipsy Kipsy (Zoe)

Danielle Castanellos ://: 032://: Human Form
[Location ://: Outside]
[Interactions://: scorpiodragon scorpiodragon Kipsy Kipsy Takumi98 Takumi98 ] [Mentions ://: scorpiodragon scorpiodragon Kipsy Kipsy Takumi98 Takumi98 ]

It was obvious from the way that the older female responded that she had been heard. Suddenly, there was a blade of crisp, grass that appeared more interesting than the conversation. Small, dirty fingers fiddled with the pure green substance delicately. There was nothing more than Dani wanted than to leave. She wanted to be free. There had been a moment where she had tasted that freedom, but it was taken away. It left an aching feeling in her chest. She had been so close.

One of the older females was continuing to try and interact with Sebastian, but the kid remained strong. He was convinced that this was better than being free--at least here they had food and medical care. In a way he was right, but was it really worth it? Not to Dani. She was rather die free than stay a prisoner. Hearing the complacency of the younger male lite a fire in her that was so familiar. Turning bright, ocean colored orbs toward the younger boy the blonde she observed him. Apparently, she was not the only one observing. In the distance the guards were closely watching the forming group. They were worried. Dani had tried to keep her head low because of the treatment she received, but it was time to change that. It was time to get out. She did not want to end up like Sebastian.

Silas ://: #145 ://: Human Form
[Location ://: Lunchroom]
[Interactions://: N/A ] [Mentions://: Yennie Yennie RoninN7 RoninN7 ]
://://://://://://://://://://://://://:

At this point Silas felt he was hiding in plain site--only he wasn't hiding. He was simply relaxing against that table just watching. It was not his fault that they had not noticed him. Taking the cigar out of his pocket he then pulled a rose, red lighter out of the same pocket and lit the cigar casually. Bringing the tobacco to his lips he drew in a breath and then breathed out slowly. The smell filled the air. It appeared the males had come to some sort of conclusion in the time Silas had lit the cigar. As he was about to stand up and leave the room one of the males then suggested that they head to the gym. Shrugging he figured that the gym actually sounded nice.

Plus, he got the feeling that one of them was trouble. That was then verified when the one male stated that they wanted to ask the other one a question. Well, looks like Silas was not completely as done here as he thought.

Aella|Human Form
Outside
Interacting: Poppy ( nearlyflowers nearlyflowers ) Mentioned: Charlie ( RoninN7 RoninN7 )

As Poppy guided the female outside, Aella looked back at Charlie, who seemed relieved but irritated all together. The female gave a small whimper and looked forward. Once they were outside, she slowly looked at Poppy; she seemed so cheery, even through all of the things she'd been through. It gave Aella a sense of comfort to finally have another female around. The fresh scent of grass hit her nose, her wolf inside wanting to run freely and feel the wind in her fur; wait..why did she desire to run? Shaking herself mentally, she snapped out of her thoughts to find the female asking her name. She stood there for a moment and fidgeted with her fingers, her gaze dropping nervously for a few moments before she lowered her guard a bit.

"My name is Aella, it's nice to meet you."

Aella introduced with a faint smile, extending her hand to shake. She could feel the pain slowly washing away and a sigh of relief hit her, her eyes softening a bit.

Charlie|#075|Human Form
Interacting:
Yennie Yennie Nearby: nearlyflowers nearlyflowers
The way James reacted to Charlie's words was quite amusing to him, and it forced a smirk out of him. He didn't like the guy at all, but he had to admit that it was a nice change of pace to have someone to go back and forth with. Not that he'd never had someone like that, but most of the people who'd been that way with him tried to kill him at one point or another, and so far it didn't seem like James would do that. "Not like it didn't have anything with your calming presence. I could practically hear what you were thinking about her when you approached." In Charlie's eyes, everything was under control until James showed up, so it made sense to blame him for Aella and Poppy leaving, even if, in reality, it probably wasn't entirely either male's fault. Charlie's voice was more nonchalant now as if he'd become accustomed to this new person and the dynamic between them, and it was something he honestly welcomed. Challenge had made him strong throughout his life so it wasn't something that he ever resented, besides, things needed to get interesting if he was going to make it more than a few days without trying to kill someone in there.

James' next comment really forced a chuckle out of Charlie, who couldn't help but somewhat sympathize with what the male told him. Charlie understood the circumstances they were under and he understood why James saw it that way, but this was different. Charlie spent his whole life around people like Aella, people who had no one to help them and who seemed to have everyone turn against them. "I know enough... The real world doesn't look out for anyone and people like her need someone to look out for them. Not that you'd know anything about that." James didn't seem like a soft person, or the type of person to come from a wealthy family who coddled him his whole life, but Charlie didn't think he understood just how rough life could be when no one cared for you. Regardless, that wasn't the moment to get into life stories and pity parties, besides, Charlie wasn't keen on "talking about his feelings" with James anytime soon, or ever, as far as he was concerned.

He then mentioned the gym and Charlie's face lit up like a kid's during Christmas. "Would you look at that? I guess you do have some sense somewhere under there." Charlie smiled a little and gladly followed after James, he could use a good workout at that moment to get out all the tension that had been building since Aella's heat came on. James then told Charlie that he had a question for him which was an opportunity that Charlie just couldn't pass up on to mess with him a little more. "Before you ask, no. I know you're all pent up or whatever now that your girl isn't with you but I won't be the one to replace her... sorry." Charlie gave the other male a smirk as he followed him toward the gym. The sounds of weights clanging and punching bags was music to Charlie's ears. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath, he could at least have some fun while there.

Carmine Melbourne - 066 - Human

The touching of noses between Mazikeen's wolf form and his human form was odd, but he realized the sentiment behind it and made no noise to alert to his discomfort. The closeness of the wolf was not the issue as much as just someone being near him in general. Though, as they spent time out here together, he supposed a layer of trust could be thrown across them and with that allowing the proximity. They each respectively started into their meal, and another odd caveat of the altered form he took Carmine suddenly had no problem ripping into raw meat without batting an eye. His stomach welcomed the food, his palate accustomed to the grit of fur and cartilage. He gave a small laugh in the back of his throat, it must look odd to see three wolves and one human all tearing apart woodland creatures.

"I've been reworking and plotting out the facility since we've been here. We have some things to talk about as far as the lay of the land goes, and what the higher ups are about... 87% sure to have done since our escapades," he spoke, the blood at the corners of his mouth giving his leveled words an added air of suspense. "Taking into account we've been out here for the better part of a month, we just passed their new hire quarter so that means possible new guards that none of us are familiar with, at least 2 guards amongst the wings out on maternity leave barring complications meaning that more than likely those females will be replaced by per diem males, and the replacement of guards that you downed Grail, we have some complicating factors to discuss. After food of course," he stated, taking another rip of sinew into his teeth.

Carmine could practically draw out the whole facility, his head made for this shit, but seeing it from every angle was difficult. He needed the others around him to add in the human factor, the empathy of their mission and final goal where as he only saw the weaknesses of others for striking points. In a previous escape attempt, two lovers from a few years ago now (damn, has he really been cooped up so long?) had been part of a horrible display. Another 'making an example out of them' conquest held by the guards. Late in the year, security had been breached following an awful storm with the quickest of power outages leading to these two absolute idiots deciding they could book it down a back hallway. They forgot power or not, the guards patrol anyways, ran right into a set of them. The inhabitants had been forced to watch as, because it was both a relationship and an escape attempt, they didn't go to the pit, but let them rot away outside in the common area. Each day while the facility was allowed outside you could see them, tied down and just slowly starving. Anyone who got close enough to so much as spit on them to alleviate dehydration was sent off.

All he took away from that was watching and remembering every detail of how the watch changed, who were the new guards and noticing electricians come through. Probably for an improved breaker box or quicker generator kick on. He barely remembered the faces of the two who perished, tied far enough away from each other that in their last moments they couldn't touch for comfort. Carmine couldn't remember their faces, but he did remember how the patrol shifted and how the female guards in particular were sent away for some kind of 'sensitivity training' which was the exact opposite. One of his favorite guards, a weak minded woman who was a new grandmother, had reacted without absolute calm to the punishment and so the lot of them were re-trained on what their role was.

Unfortunately, for an escape attempt to be successful with the best number of rescued, he needed these three who had the knack for enveloping and embracing others that Carmine consistently lacked. He wanted to be a part of this small... whatever it was. He knew it felt better than being absolutely alone. He would bring his calculations and plans and speed, the others were starting to help him actually care about the plan from the angle of compassion.

scorpiodragon scorpiodragon Panda_Roleplays Panda_Roleplays Sterling_wolf Sterling_wolf

Grail S. Harrison|011|Alpha|Wolf
The Expanse
Carmine are in human form, unlike the other three who remained in wolf form, tearing into the rabbits. Carmine began speaking in between bites of the rabbit, Canis having adapted their bodies to raw meat and yet they could still eat cooked meat. It didn’t sicken them like normal humans, because they were no longer normal or in Grail’s case, had never been. “That one guard I killed deserved his fate,” said Grail as he ate, the alpha wolf not sounding at all sympathetic or remorseful. The lupine listened as Carmine spoke of they had escaped at the rotation of guard for the quarter and possibly there would be female guards off for maternity leave. “Not surprising that there are female guards who are close to delivery. That was never forbidden that I am aware of. But we can continue after breakfast.”

Mentions: SerianX13 SerianX13 Sterling_wolf Sterling_wolf Panda_Roleplays Panda_Roleplays

Users who are viewing this thread

Back