• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern By Choice or Aloiss In-Character

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

X

car-headlights-headlamp-glowing-vector-effect-isolated-on-transpatent-vector-id685503432

Warehouse Area
Interaction:
Joe (@FearItself )
Mention: Null (@Solirus )​
It happened so suddenly.

The first explosion sent the van flying to a wall. With the floor under giving way, it was unable to escape the fate of being buried in rubbles. Of course, the crates of weapon Joe ordered -- and Joe himself -- faced the same predicament. Still, the van was reinforced with bullet hails in mind. Though faint, weak groans could be heard coming from it.

Then came the second explosion.

Red blotches and scraps of muscles and viscera could be seen mixed with concrete and dust. Traces of what was once human were plenty closer to the van. From the look of the charred body on the driver seat, at least the driver did not survive the explosion.

The crates of weapons, placed out in the open, obviously fare much worse. It would be a miracle to find every crate intact. Smaller explosions occurred Null's bombs blasted the weapon crates with heat and impact. If one looked carefully enough, one could find crates in better conditions buried deeper under the rubbles.

Apart from the crates, there was also one item worthy of mentioning: the suitcase filled with money. The men carried it to the back of the van.

Lua maximof

A woman walking alone in the red light district would normally be asking for trouble, getting mugged. killed, or worse could all happen. Lua however, was not a normal woman not that anyone would know from looking at her. She was dressed in a t shirt, open hoodie, slightly ripped up jeans, in fact the only thing that stood out about her would be the googles she had resting above her eyes. Lua was in truth no stranger to the district as you could find certain pawn shops that were only that on the surface, like everything here there was a criminal side to these places. These pawn shops were also places where small time criminals could get rid of some things they didn't want to get caught with, in short they were fences. Lua often, well not to often, had some stuff she wanted to get rid of mostly jewelry from her latest little heist. Still it was a good idea to never bring more than a handful of goods with you they more you showed off the more likely you were to get attention. Lua had recently finished selling what she had brought with her earning her a decent stack of cash a few hundred dollars, combined with what she already had and what she had yet to sell she would have more then enough for her sister and for herself. Now Lua could have simply run home she would be there in almost literally an instant if she wanted, but she had learned over the year she had been doing small crime that there was more to this district than a crime ridden hell holes if you knew the right words. The doll house operated here and owned in a way just about everything and thus most stores had an unlisted hidden section of less than legal goods. Lua hadn't bought anything from these special inventories recently and with time on her hands she had no reason to speed about after all if anyone tried anything she could move to fast for them to even fight back. Thus she had taken to wandering by herself tonight thing about how to spend some of the money she had in her pockets.

Last edited:
Nuelie Nefalt/ Pierce Cutter

"Accuser.. Nope no clue" Nuelie said after a short pause to think. To be fair, she had just gotten out of the laboratory but so far no one mentioned that name. "Also, there's no need to close the contract. It was a 'kill or not is fine' kind of request? Although, if they did send people to do me off.. it'll be fun to play with them" she continued with a twinkle in her eye.

"I don't want allies as of now though" Nuelie said as she proceed to sit on the ground, removing her glove to poke her fingers through the ground. "I don't mind working for someone but if I lose interest I'd like to be able to leave when I want to"

Grey Grey StaidFoal StaidFoal

Chloe Thornton

"Nicely," the one named Accuser would say. Perhaps she'd let this lowly criminal have a shot, but as long as it was a step closer to freedom. "Fine," she said, "I'll let you have your fun with him." The Accuser then offered a proposal to the other woman. From the sound of it, the girl was a hitman sent to kill someone unrelated to Chloe, but she still didn't know if she was powered or not.

Is this 'Accuser' trying to build a ragtag team? Chloe almost smirked at the thought. But joining a villain syndicate was far from what she wanted. If—no, when she was fixed, then this time of being the villain would come to an end. When that happened, whatever syndicate she may have joined would just see her as a useless witness who knows too much. However, having a team could prove useful to her cause... Looking at the Accuser, she said, "If I'm working with you, then drill it in your head that it's only temporary."

Grey Grey Simplymelsh Simplymelsh

il_570xn-954675962_cda6-jpg.691619

Red Light District Area
Interaction:
-
Mention: Karcen Karcen
Alberta Instain

For the umpteenth time that night, Alberta glanced fearfully toward her back. Minutes after entering the district, she was shoved aside by an angry mob. The fall twisted her ankle. Not ten minutes after that, a boy as tall as her chest tried to steal the tracker compass given to her by Lady Scout. The boy failed, but the attempt convinced Alberta she was crazy to walk in there alone. Voluntarily!

The compass needle shortened as it shifted by a few degrees westward. The response, however, was getting weaker. It was one of the reasons everyone gave up the chase; Lady Scout's power could only mark an object for three hours. When they arrived at the border, there wasn't even 40 minutes left. Now, it was close to vanishing.

A sigh escaped the lab assistant's lips. If only she didn't go to the archive yesterday...

With her mind distracted and eyes focused on the compass, Alberta failed to notice the one thing she had been worried about. Her mouth was suddenly clamped by a pale hand.

She let out a muffled scream. Another hand rudely yanked at the collar of her shirt, leaving her slightly choked. A voice growled by her ear.

"Scream once more and I'll cut your throat."

A pair of hand roughly searched her body. Alberta widened her eyes. Tears started to blur her sight. She didn't want this.

"NO!"

No one could see what happened next. The next thing that could be seen, however, was the flayed body of the two men, smashed against the wall of a bar. Alberta stood there in the alley, frozen in fear.

-----
An observer with sharper sight (or the power to) would see something weird. The two men were never sent flying. They vanished and appeared moments before they hit the wall, at a speed unnoticeable by eyes.

Lua maximof

Damafaud Damafaud

Lua had been walking around heading to a place she knew that actually sometimes had some good actually legal stuff for sale, truly a rarity around here, when she happened to pass an alleyway. Now a mugging was nothing uncommon, actually if you didn't have at least one attempted mugging the night might just be a flop around here, however this one was far from your normal mugging, or at least became one. Now when it came to a mugging it was generally understood you shut up and gave the money over and many people just go, it was almost a code of thieves you might say, of course this was mostly for men; women might suffer extra crimes. That was why unless you had enough power to fight even others with perhaps minor powers you stuck to a crowd Lua didn't need to, but the woman it had seemed had needed help. That turned out to not be the case as Lua entered her speed state as she called it and the world slowed everything moving by fractions of fractions in her sight. It was this fact that made what happened next so very odd as if anyone or anything had moved it would have taken forever in her sight even the fastest of movements could take minutes to her and yet the men simply vanished only to show up flayed at the walls. Now saving people wasn't exactly a villainous thing to do, in fact it was heroic, but Lua didn't buy into just because she did a little crime she was evil, but she did wonder right now if she had been preparing to save the wrong person. The girl seemingly had not needed help, though really Lua didn't know why she had acted weak when she should have just started with her strength that was sadly how you got people to fuck off around here. Thus she left her speed mode and everything returned to normal.

Still Lua was impressed and clapped making herself known " Wow i mean wow haven't seen anyone do that to anyone while looking so scared you should have opened with that" Lua said. She didn't kill people herself but well she had a hard time feeling back when other criminals got killed that was just part of the job.

Accuser offers only nods to acknowledge both women, at first. Temporary is fine. They'll suffice to begin with, and maybe they'll see things my way in a few weeks.
"Entirely fair," he says, mounting the stairs to see this captive. "I only ask for volunteers, not conscripts, and volunteering always has a time limit."
He glances around, looking for the graffiti-woman.
"You have names of some kind, I imagine?"

Area: The slums
Character: Hydra
Interaction: None

The slums a place where those with nothing lived, tight, cramped, filthy, the slums were the worst of the worst place to live. While they were dangerous as one might expect in a city like this, they had become even more dangerous these days, though none knew it. In a place where the unwanted and unremembered of the city where forced so many things where over looked, a person could go missing without ever being found and none would raise a brow about it. This apathy had created a perfect habitat for something the world had never, should never have seen Hydra. Where the slum had always been filled with sounds of life and death, people, cars, fights, crime, now there was one more sound that went unremembered but always there gnawing at the minds of all those in the slums. The sound was a song, one without words or a true tune that was only even noticed when it was gone, like a white noise you only ever heard when it was stopped leaving anxiety of if it had ever been real before you forget what you were thinking about as it returned. The slums was the home of a predator that walked in the open, yet went unseen, that dragged people away into the dark, yet they didn't even realize they were under attack. When it had started no one could say the song muddled their minds and with there being so many people vanishing so easily, but now they would know as this thing grew bold if only they could remember or see it. Not long ago people would simply explain away others vanishing, they moved out, they died, they went to serve in a war, but now they didn't remember them they had never existed yet their affected were there the only hint of a lost past. A photo with a stranger that they couldn't remember, a ring on their finger they didn't remember yesterday, an empty crib for a childless woman. This was not the only affect of this unseen monster lurking in the slums picking off people one by one, for despite their inability to see or remember this creature people had and their brains cried out at the dis junction and took on a life of their own controlling the body despite the minds desires. Madness descended upon the slums ever growing and spreading, some would find they had put extra sentences in letters or emails, other found messages writing on walls or engraved in their flesh by their own hand, their minds splitting as reality didn't match memory and the instincts screamed that the person was in danger if only they could remember it.

it was almost unbelievable all this was caused by one being, a child at that, a little girl with few notable features. how could one child cause all this, why would they spread such madness and kill night after night? The answer was so simple, to simple for most to accept, she was hungry. There was no great scheme, no long thought out plan, or goal for this killed just the day to day need to feed that only grew worse and worse after one had become two. Thus more and more people had to die so that she could eat them and when she ate them the song stopped reality was revealed for a short time the after math of the the monster's work shown out until at last it's meal was finished and those that had seen forgot their minds lulled back into the stupor of the song as the last meal was obliterated form the minds of all in the slums. Thus would this repeat day after day the surplus of people slowly being whittled down just that little bit faster, just another face forgotten in the crowd and expunged from the mind.

Chloe Thornton

Chloe transcended the steps and reached her hand out to unhinge the locks on the door. Inside the makeshift cell, the doctor remained half-awake, dazed and unable to make coherent movements. She was curious of Accuser's methods, as she still didn't know what his powers were. She returned to him just in time to hear him ask for her name. My name. What was my name? Cof... Kel... Claw... Chl... "Chloe. My name's Chloe." She looked away, recalling the last time she used her name. "He's in that room over there," she said, pointing at the barricaded office. "I ask the questions while you do the info gathering." Then she turned to the other woman present. "I... suppose you can watch."

Grey Grey Simplymelsh Simplymelsh

Atropa Solanae (Belladonna)
Interacting: Virus Virus and FearItself
Mentioned: Rising_Sun

In the office, the secretary, Susan, laughed while tacitly ending her flirting with Justin, "Sorry honey, I'm spoken for, but stick around and you'll meet a lot of nice people here." She seemed at ease with it, just professional enough while having some fun with Justin. Furthermore, she seemed at ease with people in general, everyone their lacked a fear of those who were poor or smelly or anything of the sort. Behind the veneer of professionalism, everyone knew where they came from, they all knew they were in the slums.

Susan left to grab some sandwiches, it was nothing fancy, but food was food. As she returned, she heard Mr. Dirt's question. She thought it was really quite nice of him to be so upstanding, and it was a reminder for her to not let appearances make her judgements.

"Well, Mr. Dirt, it's really good here, we get a great living situation, a beautiful little park for the kids, the pay is great, honestly, I couldn't ask for more. Did you know Comrade Atropa has unionized all of her ... security forces? That means if you feel you deserve more pay or benefits, you guys talk it over and can present it as a group. It really helps out, especially when we're worried about the Dollhouse attacking us for some reason. Hazard pay is pretty good, huh?" she chuckled while handing them a few papers. It was basic paperwork, who are they, what names they want to go by, the honest question of: "Is this name an alias?", and the like. They'd be held up for a while working on that to get their employment ready.
-----​
Making her way back to the base, Atropa strode in front of Laura, tacitly ignoring the presence at the back of her. If she wasn't going to be assaulted, she wouldn't mind. Right now, work had to be done. As they walked from the Red Light District to the Slums, Atropa's plants slid back into her clothes, while she became much more liberal with her pistol, even pointing it at one more brutish individual. Even in public, the crazy revolutionary seemed to have a way with her posture and stare that was enough to scare off men twice to thrice her size. Once they were out of immediate danger, she let Laura catch up with her. Before she spoke, she made a signal of an ear while pointing to the walls near buildings, a sign signalling that they were being heard.

"Forgive me for the rude introduction earlier, I think we can both say we were on edge. Still, we should try to have a better relationship. My name is Atropa, you may have seen me on TV. I have a feeling I know what you specialize in, and I wanted to hire you for, ah, consulting on cyber-security, if you get my drift. You'd be paid very well, have much nicer living conditions, and be working for a good cause: the freedom of all people from the yoke of the big city bosses and corrupt politicians you see in Aloiss. The only thing I ask is that you don't betray my trust. Right now, nothing will change, not by individual action, not by reforms, not by anything of that nature. This city will need a revolution, one carefully planned and considered, one with capable people like you, one with strong leadership. We will be the nucleus, the vanguard of that new world order. You seem like a good person, at heart. Like someone who wants to make the world better, like someone very well intentioned mentored you. Would you like to be a part of this attempt to make the world better, as opposed to operating on your own?" Atropa positively shined while talking like this, making her pitch. She did not wait weeks to make her statements or slowly guide someone to her line of thinking, she was straightforward and intense, like a grand rolling tide. Finally, they approached her headquarters. As the two guards in front of her complex sighed in relief, she turned to Laura and offered her hand.

"Can I trust you to help me make this world a better place, even if it's difficult? Can I trust you to not hurt these people who live here? If you can say yes to the second question, at least, follow me inside. I'm trusting you to be honest with me, these families, and yourself." With that she strode in, saluting the two guards in red berets.

Upon entering the office area, she noticed Mr. Dirt and his gang and put on a knowing smile. These guys were absolutely perfect, and they seemed decent enough as well. As she entered the room and saluted to the guards and secretaries inside, the plant life inside the room seem to bloom and grow, as if chasing her touch. She laughed with an alto and staccato rhythm before waving them off and heading towards Mr. Dirt. Even considering his huge hands that could easily crush hers, she offered her hand in a shake, and even though she knew it would hurt a bit, being in this business you get used to that. Unless he literally tried to crush her hands, Mr. Dirt would be very surprised at her constitution.

"Mr. Dirt, a pleasure to see you. I came for a stroll and was under the strangest watch in the Red Light District, but I suppose you survive these things, right? I'm glad to see you've been taken care of. Let me get down to business, perhaps a friend I made while out will join us. The world right now is rotten. People are being hurt, are dying, and this will never get better. Reforms won't work, mutual aid won't work, none of that will truly change this situation. Rich capitalists are stealing the labor of workers while superheroes serve as their enforcers, no better than a glorified mafia. This can change though. I am in the goal of creating a vanguard for a revolution beginning in Aloiss and using popular support of superpowered humans to threaten the power structures of the US government. Within this, I will be building organizational power in the military, across the country, and so on, but our goal must be to win the popular support of the superpowered people in this city. You are obviously superpowered and experienced, and you know this state of affairs can't continue. If you stand with me, not only will you be paid handsomely and live in a good situation, but you'll be contributing to a good cause, and supposing you care at all about power or things like that, I can see that you reap the benefits of supporting the new government. You'll be working right now as a 'private military contractor' for certain operations, which I'll explain if you accept my offer. Are you in?" Two pitches in one hour, jeez. But Atropa's got it, and she knew to phrase her pitch for power in a way that he'd understand, giving a glance at his buddies, implying that he'd have a lot more people to be the boss of when she's in charge.

Just then, an explosion sounded in the distance, causing a small shake in the foundation. Someone quickly ran outside to look closely, before coming back and yelling that it was 'All clear'. Atropa looked at the crew and Laura with a knowing gaze, as if to emphasize her previous shpiels, she just asked, "How many people do you think got hurt over that?" Her gaze narrowed, increasingly intense, maybe even overbearing, but this was the crux of the situation: you were with her on the right side of history, or on the wrong one. Atropa moved her gaze outside where a small smoke stack could be seen in the distance.

Mentions: Clausewitz Halcyon Clausewitz Halcyon

Laura stood in a gaze, while walking behind her. "Well, I suppose I could work, but you heard me. 'Dont expect me to follow orders'", but the part in the middle made her a little tense,"cyber security? I do that and hack for secrets! How do you think I got here? By some bumbling damn police men that happened to find me right in the middle of my third heist.". She was mad, and it figures. First, being sent here, and next being found by someone who she thinks is underestimating her.

When she saw the guards, she gotten ready to fight; her hexagons surrounded her, but for some reason, the guards obeyed which made her head tilt,"huh?". Soon enough, she heard her ask more questions,"you can trust me; I won't mean any harm. Unless you want me to hurt someone today.", she cocked her glock and aimed it at the wall. BANG,"I shouldn't have done that... And by my watch, I would never hurt anyone, I would hurt the person hurting them."

Laura followed her inside, and she wasn't the only one. She gave a little smirk,"looks like you've been busy, and gotten a good crew, but it's not my fault if I do something wrong!". Soon enough, she heard atropa get into a speech; she pressed a small button on her bracelet that started recording whatever she said, as to not make her or anyone forget. "Jeesh, nice speech...", she whispered.

A loud explosion made her jump,"What the fuck is happening!? Its not my fault!!", she shouted in complete in horror. 'All clear!', she heard; her face was boiling with anger,"maybe if you said that before the bomb, I wouldn't have to shout! Ugh...". At least it wasn't thunder, her company, trying to contact her. "Answer this call, answer this call!", sombra once again was trying to contact her, but it was to late to shut it off. "You have to be kidding..."

Nuelie/pierce cutter
StaidFoal StaidFoal Grey Grey

The invitation from the random person called 'Chloe' to watch the suitcase 'Accuser' guy sounded much too interesting to pass. Nuelie looked up and removed her hand from the ground after making a small circular hole on the ground. After she put on her glove, she stood up and dusted off dirt from her shorts.

"Watching sounds like fun, so sure I'll tag along" she grinned and looked at the two of them.

Accuser and Chloe. Nuelie made a mental note to try and remember their names. Maybe they'll be the next few people that she would allow be her friends? Nuelie fiddled with the dog tag hidden underneath her shirt for a bit as she recalled back her time at the laboratory.

"I'm Nuelie" she said in a quieter tone, as if unsure if she should be revealing her real name. "I've heard people call me Pierce Cutter".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back