• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Answered buzz buzz

Terrier B

Elephants can smell water.
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Firstly, mightily beg pardon if this isn't allowed here or if what I'm about to ask has already been answered or what have you!!

Hiya!! I'm new here, and while I'm a veteran RP-er at this point (... god, I'm getting old) I wanted to ask a few questions of the specific specifics of this particular site if that's ok!! 🐝

So firstly, I've been readin up on the FAQ's and all that Jazz, but with regards to recruitment and where things should go and what should be said where:

If I wanted to start a new Group RP, the IC would go into the relevant genre section it would be most appropriately fitted to right?

But, on my golden oldie site, we just had IC and OOC areas, but it's different here?
Is it purely recruitment, then straight into the IC? Any area for OOC related chat or what have you?

Also, when recruiting for a RP to begin with, what do I put in that?
Again, on my oldie site, you'd start out with just a anything and everything you wanted to say about the world/story you wanted to tell and make as your first post in the OOC, and then wait for people to register interest and submit a character,
But here, would I still do all that usual info/detail/character sheet skeleton in the recruitment bit you guys have here?

Like I mentioned briefly at the top, double beg pardons if I'm being silly and this is all readily available for me to read somewhere else or if I've posted this in completely the wrong place, but otherwise, I am excited as all heck to be writing again!! 🧙‍♀️

ALSO, these emoji's are cute as all heck how have I not seen this style before oh my god 🥳

Welcome to RpNation!

As far as the RP itself: IC has its own areas (1x1 for 2-3 players, Dice for anything involving dice rolls, and Group for everything else), while anything else (generally including OOC, character sheets, and whatever else you come up with) goes into Extra Pages.

Recruiting goes in the Recruitment section, separated in the same manner as the IC above, plus a subsection for anything offsite (such as Discord). Most people make a thread here first, with their RP concept, anything they want to share about the world and relevant NPCs (or their own PCs), and expectations they have for their players. Then, once they've decided they've garnered enough interest (these are also called "interest checks" for that reason), they start making the IC and OOC threads.

We have a neat-o system called threadmarks (tutorial here), which can be used to tie all these threads together with handy links at the top of the thread, and a lot of people include the recruiting threads in those, too.

Edit: Fixed my failed BBcode >.> Coding is not my strong point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back