• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Butterfly Effect // Until Dawn based Horror RP (STILL OPEN)

s e v e n

dark romanticist
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check

Butterfly Effect
buttfly2.png

tumblr_n2yfu4wDoP1tq3tjeo1_500.gif

Ƹ̴Ӂ̴ƷThe BeginningƸ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ

June 25, 2037

At seven am sharp in the morning, the grand SS Butterfly docked the outskirts of town. The arrival of a mysterious lottery won a free trip to a brand new island resort, a seven day package promisng sunshine and a luxurious cruise. Lucky winners originating from different homes, regardless of age, race, ethnicity, all gathered at port in hoping for a week of nothing but laughter and utter bliss, coated in the form of beach huts and a cold glass of cocktail. After all, who doesn’t need a good vacation every once in a while? Bright days were looking ahead of them, yet the gentle touch of hell couldn’t help but interfere.

This is a tale of fortune and misfortune, of the birth and downfall of humanity. The act of kindness, the act of evil, this is how one’s conscience would be tested, where masks fade and façade shatters. In this paradox, choices you make changes the world, each one belonged with millions of other options and combination, yet it was one that was somehow deemed most favorable. Your choices may bring you to salvation or may lead you down a gruesome end. Can you uncover the secrets of the butterfly? Will you rest in the fate of the butterfly? Or will destiny guide you against, leaving you to succumb in the face of death and disperse in darkness forever?

Choose wisely.

"I embrace emerging experience, I participate in discovery. I am a butterfly. I am not a butterfly collector. I want the experience of a butterfly."
fuckyoubuttfly.gif

Ƹ̴Ӂ̴ƷMISCƸ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ

εїз The butterfly effect is the concept that small causes can have large effects. This concept plays a heavy role in the role play's mechanism, meaning every of your choice matter. There would be times where a player is given a choice to act correspondingly towards a scene, which may or may not trigger a butterfly effect (which would be signified with a butterfly post). However, some actions that were entirely the role player’s motive (not based of choices given) may also trigger a butterfly effect, so act with caution. When the butterfly has taken effect, it would be signified with a different butterfly post.

εїз Occasionally, a player would be sent a PM by the admin ( s e v e n s e v e n ) that features a totem. Each totem will symbolize a prophecy or a guidance, which may or may not serve a use in the role play itself depending on the course of choices and action (Totems will be explained further in the RP). Role players that are sent these are expected to keep secrecy of it from other role players, UNLESS their own characters decide to tell another in-character.

εїз This role play is inspired by the game Until Dawn, though in no way does the plot resemble it whatsoever.

εїз Every role player is to make two characters. There is always a possibility that one will die (which would be signified with a DEAD END post), but once it happens your other OC is given immunity regardless of what choice they make until the final chapter.

εїз The role play would be divided into chapters and arcs and is long-termed, so dedication is a must.

εїз If you ever lose your way, remember that the password is: chaos evaded

εїз Submit your CS here. Remember to do your best on the RP sample and be as detailed as possible with your CS. It will raise your chance of getting accepted. BBcoding is appreciated, yet not a must.

εїз I will only accept a limited amount of people to keep the role play in order. When I do not accept a character, it doesn’t necessarily mean you’re bad- it might just mean they somehow interfere with the plot, so please, no hate.

εїз I may be searching for a CO-GM, so if interested please shoot me a PM.

tumblr_mtopbdz8oX1sejw2so1_500.gif

Ƹ̴Ӂ̴ƷRULESƸ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ

εїз Three strikes, you're out.

εїз Always follow these rules and also the rules of RPN.

εїз As to the rules of RPN, no extreme gore would be projected but there will be mild to medium display of violence. Please join at your own risk.

εїз I want dedicated role players. This is heavily story based and finding replacements would be hard due to the plot, so I really hope you'll stick around. Only apply when you know you'll stay.

εїз Quality over quantity, but please be detailed. This is a detailed role play.

εїз Please post at least once every two weeks. If you have excuses, please tell me before you disappear. I will give you exception until that period of time you set (please be realistic though. We can't wait for a year). If not, I will give you a strike for every week you miss.

εїз Insert the password in your character-sheet(s) (password can be achieved in MISC) or not you won't be accepted.

εїз Respect others. If you have beef, please resolve through private message. Being an extra bitch equals to instant kick.

εїз Do not steal. Not the codes, not the ideas. Please, I worked hard for this.

εїз Last but not least, reminding once more that this role play would feature character deaths, so join at your own risk.

coded by:@_707_​

Last edited:
Hell yes I am ready. XD *Vibrates with excitement*

*As long as nothing happens in 7-9 hours then I'll be good :D

Last edited:
This looks interesting, but I'm slowly burying myself in RP again... I dunno if I can promise commitment. Tag me when the main page goes up, though - I'd love to read!

Hey this looks really interesting but I'm also not entirely sure if I can commit to another RP due to my recent business IRL. Could you tag me in the main thread as well when it comes up?

Yoooo, I may not be able to join at the START of this. Internet is shit up here (Kill me now) so for a week I won't be on interwebs very much. It lasts 10 mins apprently before shutting off for 3hrs. SO, yeah, I'ma have lost of fun. Still, tag me when everything happens! I may be able to get a post up or two, you never know.

This looks interesting, but I'm slowly burying myself in RP again... I dunno if I can promise commitment. Tag me when the main page goes up, though - I'd love to read!

Hey this looks really interesting but I'm also not entirely sure if I can commit to another RP due to my recent business IRL. Could you tag me in the main thread as well when it comes up?

The in character thread? :o sure!! :>

Yoooo, I may not be able to join at the START of this. Internet is shit up here (Kill me now) so for a week I won't be on interwebs very much. It lasts 10 mins apprently before shutting off for 3hrs. SO, yeah, I'ma have lost of fun. Still, tag me when everything happens! I may be able to get a post up or two, you never know.

One week? Nah you've got time mate xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back