• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern burning laundry ! closed

Characters
Here

pasta

gogo dancer
about
: Muse A doesn't exactly know the correct way to do his laundry. He often forgets to clean off the lint sheet. His awful habit finally comes back to hurt him when he sets the washing room of his apartment ablaze. Thankfully, no one was harmed in the fire. However, Muse B's apartment had become inhabitable due to the fire, and he was rendered homeless. Muse A, feeling horrible, offers an air mattress and a spare blanket for however long it takes for Muse B's apartment to be redone.

89f55cb2dcf536449fc37ccf1314c927.jpg
Bang Min-Seok

Finally, he had time for himself after days and days of never-ending work. It all started when the schoolyear began again and the students needed a place to eat. Though it was not only them. Those who had jobs and those who were on their well-deserved retirement stopped by as well. He was really glad that he bought a shop big enough to fit most of them in without actually making it feel cramped. He hated to be in such situations himself so why would he do it to his own restaurant? Stretching out his arms, feeling a small cracking sound coming from his left shoulder which didn’t sound all too good but yet made him feel better.

Cleaning himself up so he smelled nice and not like sweat as he was probably turning and tossing around in his bed during the night. His immense bed hair and chaotic blankets tossed on the floor were the major indications for that one. Once completely dressed up, he felt his stomach rumbling. However, remembering that he didn’t have anything in the house because he forgot to do some grocery shopping, made him sigh big time. Guess he had to go out of the house after all. He didn’t feel like ordering anything either, feeling like eating something more fresh.

Hopping onto his bike as he made his way to one of his favourite shops that was open today: Pinku. The name wasn’t probably as inviting for the “cool boys” that were in high school but man, the food there was just delicious. They were also the ones who gave him tips on how to improve his own food and it really worked. With the information he got, he went a way further with improving himself and his employees. Of course, with his own recipes. He wasn’t really the one to steal those as he would feel terrible afterwards. Not getting why some people would even do such a thing.

Back to where we were: Pinku. Going inside, he looked at the menu which changed occasionally. Letting his eyes roam over the cute blackboard with clear writing on it and some doodles along. The sashimi salad which basically consisted of all kinds of veggie with a fresh sauce that you can pour over yourself. On the side there will be pieces of sashimi from different species: tuna, squid and shrimp. It sounded too good to ignored. Along he went for some homemade lemonade. It took about half an hour before his food was finished due to the hunger he had. Licking his lips to get the bit of sesame seed off and succeeded for once.

Now, he just wanted to go back to his house and watch some anime or something to relax. However there was an alarming sound of firemen rushing towards the place where he had to be. The sound didn’t go silent, instead it got louder. Picking up his pace as he started to have a bad feeling about this. What was supposed to be a 20-minute ride with the bike became 10, maybe slightly more but not much. And there he saw it. His apartment was set on fire and flames came gushing out of the windows. Feeling a little faint as he remembered all the stuff that was in there. Luckily his good working laptop was at the café as he needed it before to get some more work done when times weren’t as busy.

”How did this happen? Did I leave something on or was there a shortcut?” He asked one of the firemen while pointing towards his apartment. The fireman bowed and shook his head. ”It was because of your neighbour’s washing machine. I don’t know how he did it but the machine caught fire and set everything what it touched ablaze.” He responded. This made a waft of anger pass Min-Seok but he knew that he couldn’t really blame everything on the other without knowing the real reason. After all, who would purposefully set their own washing machine on fire? Sitting down on a low piece of brick wall as he watched the firemen doing their job and putting out the fire. His apartment looked… pitch black.

There went his peaceful day off…

[class=img] height:200px; width:200px; background:url('https://pa1.narvii.com/6833/16d6705064e83fce7ad4a9575c4dd3ab271466aa_hq.gif'); background-size:100%; margin:auto; [/class] [div class=img][/div][div style="font-size:30px;text-align:center;"]Bok Jae Po[/div][div style="margin:auto;font-size:13px;line-height:20px;max-width:800px;width:80%;"]His nostrils flared as he listened to the elderly man on the other side of the phone, while his eyes dully hooded over. Jae Po liked to believe he was better at dealing with other peoples’ problems rather than his own -- which was why he applied for the job years ago as a freshly born adult, customer service at Han Electronics. However, it was turning out to be untrue. Irritation from different types of people never settled until he was home and comfortable. He could care less that the guy’s phone malfunctioned or overheated days after receiving it, nor did he care when they got carried away and began speaking of their personal life like he was some psychiatrist.

“I’m a people person.” He liked to say that, but he really wasn’t. He maintained the same, small friend group from community college and never ventured out of it. But, he was happy to stick with what he knew.

“Yes, I’m sorry, sir.” He paused for a few moments. “Have you tried using the charger? I haven’t heard any reports of a new phone just shutting off like that.”

There was a brief pause of silence from the old man on the other side of the phone, his gritty voice halting, and he managed to let out a rough cough. He had found the problem, hadn’t he? Jae Po swore he got a call at least once a day from an elderly person, completely clueless on how to use a piece of technology, and this was just one of them.

“Charger? Now, where would I get that?” The old man’s voice was anything but soft; a combination of cigarettes and old edge -- it was like sandpaper.

“It’s in the box the phone comes with,” he informed. “You have to take out the plastic bit that held your phone, and behind it should be your charger.” No words, only shuffling and crinkling of the box could be heard as the customer presumably searched for his charger.

“Found it -- thank you for your help. I, uh, I'm not good with this tech stuff.”

“No problem, sir. The company is always willing to help.” And, that was it.

An hour or two before the phone call, he had put his wet, clean laundry into his assigned dryer in the basement of his apartment complex. The quality of the machine wasn’t terribly good, and it didn’t help that he didn’t remove the lint from the lint sheet. He didn’t know, no one ever told him. But unknown to him, the combination of the faulty machine and flammable, copious amount of lint plaguing the inside, caused a decent sized fire.

He was like an old man, not understanding the phone came with a charger.

He checked his personal phone, alarmed at the amounts of miss calls he had accumulated from one of his neighbors, a foreign, stereotypical-Sweden dude who’s Korean was horrible. Even with mispronunciations, Jae Po was still able to get the gist of what his buddy was telling him. There was a fire in the apartment complex. He took this news as a good reason to leave work early. All his possessions could be at stake, and he didn’t want to risk losing his gaming setup.

The number of authoritative figures that surrounded the complex was alarming, and the blaring sirens and flashing blue and red blinded and deafened him. The wind rustled the trees planted in neat little fenced off areas, decorating the complex parking let. His bag was slung over his shoulder while his jacket was hanging off his forearm. His mouth fell open as he stared at the flames licking and peeking through the window while sparkling and spitting against the pale sky. It was the apartment right above his washing machine.

He quickly approached one of his neighboring tenants, an older woman, couldn’t be younger than 70, and asked her what had happened. She explained it started in the laundry room, and that was all she was able to hear.

It was all his fault. Last time he checked, he was the only one doing laundry that day. Not only was his clothes burnt to a crisp, but he had single-handedly burned down a neighbor’s apartment. Everything felt numb, except a single sliver of crippling guilt. “Oh god,” he muttered. What if he was in the neighbor’s shoes, watching his charred possessions being pulled from a coal-colored room?

There he was, the neighbor who the burning apartment belonged to, just sitting there. Should he apologize or just stare? He couldn’t move; he was embarrassed and guilty, pale and sick. He just stared before eventually flickering his gaze to the concrete.[/div]

Last edited:
2f1cdd5a55365931d90f87f54eadf1e4.jpg

In the corner of his eye he noticed someone with a sense of guilt washed all over his face. The person did look at Min-Seok but quickly turned his gaze towards the ground which was a big indicator that he was the one who caused this. If he was correct he seemed to recognize the face of the tenant. A clumsy kid who was mainly occupied with games. He didn’t know if the other was actually working or still a student since the appearance didn’t always mean the actual truth. However one thing he was pretty sure about: the fire wasn’t on purpose. At least that was a good thing or he might have needed to fear for his life. Hell, what kind of psychopath would even do such a thing? Risk a whole building just to destroy one person? The mere thought made a cold shiver run up his spine.

Eventually as the fire seemed to die out bit by bit, it wouldn’t take much longer before it was put out. ”So, was it your washing machine?” He asked with his head tilted slightly. Arms crossed as he still wasn’t too happy about the situation. His voice wasn’t harsh though. More like a normal tone, slightly leaning to the emotionless side as he was trying to remember the stuff that could’ve been important but nothing came to mind. Easing his stress just by a bit.

He did just refurbish his apartment which was completely in vain. Luckily he had an assurance so most of it would be paid back. Maybe it was indeed time for him to actually move to another place. It could have been faith trying to tell him this. He had been thinking about it so perhaps now was the time to actually go for it. At least when he got his money back. He could terminate his contract with the landlord for obvious reasons: he didn’t have a home but he did need a sleeping place.

His eyes went back to the other, with one raised eyebrow as he had something in mind for now. ”Since my home is utterly destroyed, I think you won’t mind me staying over at your place, right?” He asked. A light smile forming on his lips, this time more threatening. He really didn’t feel like staying over at his family’s place since they always had something to nag about. Certainly, that was the last place on Earth he wanted to return to even if he was in a tight spot. So staying with a stranger didn’t look as bad to him.

[class=img] height:200px; width:200px; background:url('https://66.media.tumblr.com/c9efecb35bd8408cecc28fd1a0e290ec/tumblr_o9nauxtPny1r0q8i2o5_r1_400.gif'); background-size:100%; margin:auto; [/class] [div class=img][/div][div style="font-size:30px;text-align:center;"]Bok Jae Po[/div][div style="margin:auto;font-size:13px;line-height:20px;max-width:800px;width:80%;"]He was in a trance. Everything became lurid static as he burned holes into the worn-out concrete while his throat became stiff and dry. The damage he caused was beyond a price he could afford. And the thought of someone hating him for destroying their apartment, while justified, made him sick. But he was prepared to face the consequences, or so he thought.

Moments passed, and he was out of his daze, anxiously dragging his hand through his hair and flickering his gaze from various walks of authority to another. He let out a heavy breath of air. He would be fine, wouldn’t he? Everything would work itself out, right?

“So, was it your washing machine?”

It was the neighbor who’s apartment had burned to a crisp, or he was pretty sure it was. Jae Po was expecting his nostrils to be flared and brows to be arched in anger, but they weren’t; it was just emotionless. Somehow the emotionless face and tone made him more uncomfortable than an angered approach would.

He cleared his throat and anxiously tugged at his tie. “Yeah… I think so.” All these years, he had dealt with people’s stupid mistakes through work, and now, he was the one committing a clumsy mishap. He nearly forgot to apologize. His hands jolted up, and he quickly shook his head. “It was a mistake. I-- I didn’t know it would happen, god, I don’t even know how it happened. I’m so sorry.”

“Since my home is utterly destroyed, I think you won’t mind me staying over at your place, right?”

He hadn’t been expecting that, and he was left nonplussed. Allowing a stranger to live with him was dangerous, or at the very least awkward. He raised a delicate hand to scratched the side of his nose as he tilted his head, opening his mouth to plainly not allow it. But, the words got stuck at the base of his throat, and he shook his head. How was he supposed to deny housing to someone who’s home being destroyed was caused by him and faulty dryer?

“It’s the least I can do,” He finally said as an apologetic smile graced his features. “I won’t have many clothes to offer. A good chunk of my everyday clothes was destroyed within the fire. Thank god I get work clothes dry cleaned,” he chuckled for a moment before falling silent. “But, but that’s not anything compared to an entire apartment…” His voice grew quiet towards the end out of regret and guilt. [/div]

Last edited:
31aba901eb7eaedf2100472a7905cb99.jpg

When the other reluctantly gave the approval of him sleeping over, he hummed in response as that was one of the few ways that could end well. ”Good, or else I might have needed to call my lawyer.” He commented with a gentle smile, yet his voice couldn’t be any more threatening. His appearance and actions were completely contradicting each other which made bystanders look away as they felt like they couldn’t just look at him normally. Of course he was sad by this whole ordeal, even angered but he knew that wouldn’t help the situation in the slightest. Hell, the only thing he would get out of this was one big discussion and one of them would end up screaming. Completely the opposite of now.

”But thank you for letting me stay over. It won’t be for too long, just until everything’s been cleaned up and I have all the papers I need in order to move again.” He said, his voice shifting to a more gentle one as he didn’t want to become the villain even if he had all the right to do so. It was… meaningless in this situation. He rubbed the back of his neck as the fire had finally died out. The firemen came out with the bit of stuff that was unharmed or barely. A framed picture of him and his sister, together with some stuff that he didn’t use anymore such as a calculator from when he was still in school and pens that were nearly empty. Only taking the picture and letting the rest be thrown away.

”It’s something…” He muttered as he looked at the object. It was one of the rare pictures he had together with his sister who was somewhere… Honestly, most of the time he didn’t know where she even was due to her job as a flight attendant. It was pretty neat of her to achieve one of her dreams in such a short amount of time. Min-Seok just wasn’t there yet. He did have the shop but there was something missing. The happiness of going to work? Was that it? Though he never disliked going there… Was it his personal life? Social even? Who knew? Well, his previous relationships weren’t exactly all sunshine and rainbows… Most of them barely lasted for about 3 months, earning him the status of a playboy while that was not his intention. It just didn’t last as it felt empty. The moment they got to know about the amount of money he had, they were just going over the top. Gluing onto him [even at work], messaging him every ten minutes for nothing, using their body in order to get what they wanted, etc. It just didn’t work for him. And yes, he was known for swinging both ways which just made his reputation worse.

”Well then… I guess I’ll be going around to buy some stuff for the meantime. Just don’t lock me out of your apartment.” He commented once the firemen started to finish up what they were doing. Patting the other’s shoulder before parking his bicycle in the designated space and then went to his car as he was probably going to need the space. Well, his friends did say he needed to update his closet since they were “out of style”. Going to the nearest shopping street which busted with all kinds of stores. There couldn’t be a better place than here. Ignoring the staring eyes as he locked his car and went for his shopping spree. Honestly, he could definitely need the help of one of his friends but since he knew what kind of style he could go for [due to the constant harassment of them to buy something new], he wasn’t clueless.

Alright. Let’s do this.

It took about two hours, probably a bit more, before he got around completely and had a decent wardrobe including some accessories and shoes though with the last two he didn’t get much as he mostly wore the same things anyway. Having to go to his car a couple of times along the way as he couldn’t wear all the different kind of bags as they were difficult to manage. Putting the last bits in, he watched at the stuff he bought. They certainly won’t be nagging at him for the time being.

Outfit examples: 1 2 3

Going back to the apartment complex, he got all his stuff at once, having a good grip on it. Then he made his way to his neighbour’s apartment. Letting the bags of one hand drop to the ground so he could ring the bell, waiting for the other to open up.

[class=img] height:200px; width:200px; background:url('https://66.media.tumblr.com/19f0957d705211380ce8a14d70e68cb6/tumblr_phvhisFKcr1v1j4fh_640.jpg'); background-size:100%; margin:auto; [/class] [div class=img][/div][div style="font-size:30px;text-align:center;"]Bok Jae Po[/div][div style="margin:auto;font-size:13px;line-height:20px;max-width:800px;width:80%;"]Once he was allowed back into his apartment, the towered pizza boxes next to his desk and clumps of boxers strewn on the floor didn’t greet him kindly. This wasn’t a very welcoming sight for a stranger, let alone a stranger who was supposed to be sleeping there for some time. He could pile everything into his lacking closet and watch as his last remaining clothes began to smell of pizza grease and dirty boxers.

But, that was disgusting.

He figured it was best to stop being lazy and keep his apartment moderately clean for once. So began his sped up, long-due Spring cleaning, tossing away takeout and putting the rest of his clothes in his dirty laundry basket. It took less time than he expected it to even with a trip down to dispose of his trash.

It was a little while before he heard a friendly knock on the door, which caused him to bounce out of his chair. Eyes anxiously cut away from his PC, and to the entrance of his apartment before he collected himself and stood up. He was no longer dressed in work attire, and instead in old pajama pants and some god-awful graphic tee referencing an old video game. He wasn’t planning on leaving his abode, so why dress-up? Maybe it would’ve been more appropriate, especially with his new “roommate.” But, the apartment was clean, or at least cleaner, and he felt dressing comfortably would be a nice treat for his hard work.

He approached the door, stopping briefly to stretch out his long limbs with cracks and pops. Jae Po had been lolling in his gaming chair for a hot minute, and he wasn’t quite ready to get up. Yawning, he finally unlocked and swung the door open. He took a few seconds to rub his tired, teary eyes before putting on a pleasant smile. “Back already?” He joked as he leaned one arm against the door frame.

He glanced down at the bags and quickly stepped out of the way. “Uh, I guess this is it,” he said as he turned back to glance into his apartment. “Bathroom is kind of hidden behind a half wall, but if you walk in the kitchen you’ll see the door -- um -- the bedroom is just adjacent to that.” He explained clumsily as he stepped further into the apartment and pointed in the direction he was speaking of. It was petite, but at least it wasn’t all open like some of his friend’s apartments in Seoul. The apartment building was modern and definitely worked well for people living alone or cohabiting. So, he supposed a roommate wouldn’t be too tough.

“Hey,” he began, twisting around to properly face the stranger. “I don’t think I ever caught your name or age.” Well, that was a first. In his college years, finding out a roommate’s age and name was the first conversation spoken: an introduction. Figuring out what honorifics to use without knowing their age was a pain. But, he supposed with the circumstances being quite abrupt and serious, an introduction was the last thing thought of. “I’m Bok Jae Po.” He paused. “I’m twenty-five… Mmm, and I think that’s it." [/div]

1d9bbd1c10238d5caa70f2c024b8f4fa.gif

Raising an eyebrow at the comment of him already being back. Well, this was supposed to be his day off and he didn’t feel like being outside anymore. Not right now… He hummed and stepped inside, making sure to take his shoed off before entering. Placing the bags in the small apartment which he had gotten used to. Though this one was different. Definitely the atmosphere that was hanging around and the smell of… youth. Let’s just call it that way. He rubbed the back of his neck as he took a quick look around from where he was standing while listening to the other. It couldn’t be too bad to live together with this guy for a while. Not like he had to work at home, if that was the case, this situation would’ve been the worst as he couldn’t work in this kind of environment.

The bathroom was not too difficult to find, the kitchen was small but there was enough room to walk around and the bedroom, well… he still had to find out about that. He could work with this. It was not impossible. He did notice a computer which was still on. Indicating that his new roommate was possibly a gamer. It had been a while since he had even started a game, let alone play it. Guess, the work just gobbled up his free time completely as well as his overly protective friends who would drag him anywhere whenever they had the chance to do so. It was tiring but not in a bad way. Mostly he was glad that they got out of their way to get him out of his apartment and see the world. He definitely enjoyed his time out.

At the mention of name and age, he mouthed an “o” as he completely forgot about that part. Blame it on his job where he didn’t need to know those things. Only being polite was good enough for the customers. “Right, my name is Bang Min-Seok, I’m 26.” He introduced himself shortly as he didn’t know how to do it otherwise. Almost as if he was going to participate in some kind of mixer. “I’m the owner of a café called The Vibe, you might know about it. It sells both sweets and sandwiches. If you want, you can stop by sometime.” He said, advertising it out of habit. But, it’s not bad business if word spread, right? “Now what about you?” He asked, a faint smile appearing on his lips as he wasn’t too angry about the whole situation.

Honestly, it felt more like they both just had really bad luck they couldn’t escape from. The day started off too good so this must be something to balance it out. Even though, the balancing was off the scale. A sad joke is another way one could see it.

[class=img] height:200px; width:200px; background:url('https://66.media.tumblr.com/19f0957d705211380ce8a14d70e68cb6/tumblr_phvhisFKcr1v1j4fh_640.jpg'); background-size:100%; margin:auto; [/class] [div class=img][/div][div style="font-size:30px;text-align:center;"]Bok Jae Po[/div][div style="margin:auto;font-size:13px;line-height:20px;max-width:800px;width:80%;"]Jae Po felt a sort of comfort in knowing the guy was a year older than him. He could only imagine what he’d do if the other was 10 years his senior -- not that he looked it. Peoples’ ages could surprise you sometimes, and he was glad it wasn’t the case. “Bang Min-Seok,” he muttered under his breath, to indicate he was listening.

“Owner?” he said, clearly impressed by the way his eyes turned into round saucers. He wasn’t expecting his temporary roommate to be the owner of a successful place. “I’ve been there before.” He smiled. “Once,” he added with a stark chuckle. Did that sound rude, or was his playful tease getting across? He decided to elaborate. “When I first moved here. With work and gaming -- I haven’t gotten the chance to visit it,” he explained, glancing back to refer to his rosy gaming setup.

He didn’t eat out much in the first place, even if it was just for a simple coffee. He was on a strict, nearly want-less budget. The past few months, he had been saving for a new, and improved PC -- no pink keyboard and monitor. He wanted a sleek, black set with the keyboard that lit up rainbow under the keys. It was the technology professional Esport players were using, and he wanted it.

Maybe the strict budget was becoming a little too suffocating. He hadn’t been to the theaters since his breakup with Sa Rang, which was months ago. But, he had games and old movie discs to keep him occupied until he was able to afford something shiny and new. It wasn’t a horrible plan, and he only had a few more months of saving before he was set to go.

“Jae Po, twenty-five,” he said, audibly going it over in his head. “I work in customer service at, uh, Han Electronics.” It was a well-known company, mainly based in China, but it did have a few outlets within the rest of East Asia. The company’s products were bubbling to mainstream media’s attention; particularly their TVs. Their design was pretty simple and was generally marketed towards Asia’s older generations.

As he opened his mouth to say something else, rain began puttering into the room through an open window. A chilly breeze followed the sudden droplets and rattled the Venetian blinds. The dank smell of wet pavement was already beginning to seep into the walls of the apartment. He was hoping for endless blues and bright sun all week, but the weather was a gamble.

"Shit," he muttered before hurrying to close the window. The rain had already managed to touch the floor but not enough to cause water damage -- thank god.

He should've known, the weather forecast for that day had been looking rather gloomy.

“Anyway,” he began as he lifted a hand to scratch the side of his nose. “I don’t have another bed, but I do have the mat from when I first moved in.” He paused. “If you want, you can sleep in my bed. Honestly, the mat is just as comfy as the mattress just not elevated, so I don’t mind. Guests should get the better thing, right?”

He glanced around his nearly empty apartment, sighing. “I don’t really have anything to do besides movies and video games -- maybe a few books.” He shrugged. “Feel free to check those out.”
[/div]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back