• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings BURN NOTICE | an original plots, one x one partner search thread

Integra.

Hello, Call me Integra. I found myself craving to write recently and so I’m here hoping to find a partner or two to write with.

I mostly prefer writing original plots so if fandoms are your jam, then, I wish you well to continue on your search.

I write in multiple paragraphs, third person, past-tense form and would like to have a partner that could match my length. Or reciprocate in collaboration.

Although I’m not one for literacy labels or word counts, one could say that I‘m a more serious writer. Mostly, because I write to improve my skills and I’m invested in this hobby - the story, the characters, the plot, and the whole shebang. If you’re looking for something fast-paced, quick, and easy, we may not be on the same page. I love coming back to read walls of text, even if they do require a longer time to write.

I‘m extremely lenient on replies so whether it takes a few days, to a week, to a month or two or three - I’d happily wait. Rushing replies just ain’t it, chief.

I often use DMs to communicate and usually have a 3-7 day reply window. I’m most active on the weekends when I’m not working or doing some coursework.

Plot-wise, I’m open to any genre. I enjoy reading a lot of action, urban fantasy, sci-fi, mystery/crime, and supernatural and usually ground most events/lore/history/settings out realistically. I’m not shy to brainstorming and complex plotting so lay your ideas on me.

With characters, I adore diversity - age, species, gender, etc. Go as simple or as intricately woven as you’d like. I don’t have a problem playing any gender or orientation. Although, please note, that I don’t create characters to play romantic interests exclusively. While romance can be a fun garnish to a plot, I don‘t write romance focused plots all that often because it gets too predictable. I apologize to the romantics in advance.

I write can write 2-3 characters in depth and multiple NPCs, if needed, but anything more than three is hard for me to keep up with. On that note, if you’d like to start more than one plot/role-play/story, I’m certainly open. But my limit is usually 2 role-plays per partner because I tend to build on and add layers as we go.

If you’ve got any triggers or topics you’d like to avoid, please let me know in advance. I’d like to make the role-play a creative safe space.

If you’ve got any questions or concerns or want a writing sample, just ask. Thank you very much for reading.

WORD BANK

Survival | Criminal Organizations | International Espionage | Supernatural Investigations | Modernized Mythical Deities |Imaginary Friends | Time Travel | Grey Moralities | Character Dualities/Personas (Jekyll and Hyde) | Conspiracies | Found Families | Platonic Soulmates | Buddy Cops | Virtual Realities/Machines | Mecha Pilots | Androids | Road Trips | Reincarnation | Magic Shop | Street Racing | Treasure Hunt | Medieval Knights/Knights of the Round Table | Dark Superheroes (Think: The Boys Series) | Post-Apocalypse | Pirates | Westerns and Shoot Outs | Zombies

MINI PLOTS

I have a few ideas/themes to start with that we could possibly personalize to both our common interests.

1. Switch (Sci-Fi, Action/Adventure)

Set in a more technically advanced age, scientists have made it possible to travel through time/different dimension. At least, that’s what everyone thought when the lead scientist disappeared into the energy field when the tech company revealed the device publicly. Unfortunately, none of the scientists thought of the repercussions of portal travel from the other side. When the scientist stepped into their new reality, a being from the other side must take their place. A switch, if you will. Being unable to control where the portal will open, no one knows whether the “Switch” (a term for the switched being) will be a harmless foreigner or a foul intruder.

2. Crash (Realistic, Crime, Drama)

Either siblings or childhood friends, the two characters were close kin growing up. Through thick and thin, they stuck together and supported each other until they were ripped apart by time and circumstance. Adopting to their new life, they grew up with polarizing philosophies. One for justice and in service of their fellow beings - although the task was an arduous task of ascension through rank. The other struggled beneath the gallows, physically scrapping to get by - integrating brute force and ruthless strategies of survival into their arsenal. Now both at the top of their game, they’re bound to meet again. A collision of an unstoppable force meeting an immovable object.

Note: This is initially an antagonistic pairing. I’d like to see this strained previous familial/platonic relationship dynamic play out. A character study, if you will. Please, don‘t simply turn it into an enemies to lovers trope, if we’re going the friendship route.​

Romance is not the end goal here. I’d like to see these characters develop as they interact, not “plan events” that somehow lead up to them getting together/married. Again, this really isn’t a romance-centric plot even though it’s been misconstrued as such in the past. It doesn’t mean that I’m not open to it, but it’s a character development driven story, first and foremost. I’d like to see their internal struggles - morality, relationships, ethics, etc. - the most.​
Sorry to have to lay the hammer down a little. I’m a bit of a straight shooter and I’m not one for false hopes or stringing partners along because they believe that they’ll get that fairy tale ending. People don’t always reconcile, just as much as they have the capacity for change. I’m putting that to test here.​
If you’re looking for a more internal focused lens of writing characters, this plot is for you. I’d be happy to write alongside you and experience these characters journeys.​

3. Vanguard-X (Fantasy elements, Action/Adventure)

An act of valiance framed as high treason. A fall from grace. Whatever the words you choose to describe it, the everything was ripped from under their feet. A disavowed soldier now wanders aimlessly doing odd jobs for a living while maintaining a low profile. Having nothing to do with their past, they’ve moved on until a harbinger of fate comes knocking. There was more to their situation than what was let on. The disassembly of the protective forces (soldiers, knights, warriors, etc.) was just the beginning. A twisted revolution was about to take foot and the world as they know it could likely end. Their willingness to be involved could regain their previous reputation and wipe the slates clean. But their was a catch, in order to fight again, they’d have to be reborn - a process that works only half of the time and kills/permanently disables the rest. Will they answer the call? Or will they abandon the world that previously forsaken them?

4. Whimsy (Magic, Fantasy, Adventure)

There once was a child who was raised by the woods. Another grown in a lab where they hardly saw true daylight. Despite their seemingly difficult upbringing, they grew to love the life in their gilded cages, where they felt safe. Cared for. Nurtured. It wasn’t until they met each other that they would begin to question their life previously. Deciding their stolen childhoods weren’t quite over, they venture to the city. A place foreign to both of them. Why embark on such an adventure? Well, they searching for their playful hearts and recapture each others imagination. Daring to experience life’s weird and wonderful whimsical ways.

Note: Just to switch up the pace and introduce variety, I imagine that the tone for this is light-hearted with little hints of coming of age and blossoming of true young friendship. I would love to write some form of magical realism that exists in Ghibli films or something along those lines.​

I’ll update if more ideas arise in the future. If you’re not keen on any of the plots that I’ve got, feel free to message me with ideas of your own.

All in all, happy searching! I sincerely hope you find the partner you seek.

These are great plots! I like all of them, but I have an idea that could pair well with Crash. Interested?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back