~Bumped RP~ [Members only]

Scintilla

So this is where it starts... Your Bump Agency.

What do you get?

1. Money... loads of it.

2. A scholarship

3. A car

4. A whole lot of other perks, depending on the couple you had a baby for.

What do you do?

1. Meet partner

2. Establish trust

3. Bump

4. Have baby

5. Move on (?)

::Pairings::

Heather Morrison--Josh Grey || Alec Maxwell

Katie Deans--Gabriel Fraker

Sandra Hughes--Andrew Wilkinson

Amanda Lewis--Jason Deans

Roxanne Rodgers--James Rolls

-----------------------------------------------

Amanda walked into her Bump agent's building, nervously to see who she was paired up with. She was anxious since this was her first time. She'd seen a lot of girls in the neighborhood getting bumped and having babies for couples and acting like nothing happened afterwards but this was exactly what Amanda feared. She didn't want to get any attachments. This made her doubt how professional she could be later. She sighed and forced her anxieties aside and looked at the list tacked on the bulletin board.
Amanda Lewis--Jason Deans.

She sighed and sat down, waiting to meet Jason.

Still ten minutes early. Andrew sighed, staring at the clock on the dashboard. He'd been parked and sulking in his car for the past fifteen minutes. His parents had insisted he make sure he was early, and he had certainly over-accomplished that. The radio had not helped pass the time at all. Groaning as an annoying boy band began to play, he gave in. Killing the engine, he climbed out of his car, shutting the door and looking at the building. Bumping, such a crude term, but now a profession. Well, he corrected himself, it had always been a profession, but now it was one that was actually smiled upon instead of frowned. Straightening the collar on his jacket, Andrew took a breath and crossed the parking lot to the building.

Bumping had certainly not been his idea. His parents actually insisted he sign up to do the dirty deed. Their argument was not only would it put a good lump of cash in his pocket and help cover his secondary schooling, but they wanted to see the family bloodline continue, even if the name wouldn't go with it. Shaking his head at the thought, he pulled the door open and slipped into the cooled room. Amazingly, he wasn't the first one here, he spied a blonde girl who looked almost as nervous as him across the room. Seeing a list pinned up, he sidetracked to it. Using his index finger, he read down the list.

'Sandra Hughes' paralleled his own name. This was the name of the girl he was supposed to procreate with and then deliver the baby to the highest bidders. Not much he could do about it. Turning back to the only other person in the room, he gave her a half smile, taking a chair next to her.

"I don't suppose you're Sandra?" he asked, hoping he didn't sound too awkward.

Amanda sighed and looked around, hoping she;s see something to distract her from her anxiety. When, she found nothing, she opened her backpack and pulled out a copy of Les Miserables that she had. Without caring about who would see her, she propped her feet up on the chair and started reading to calm her nerves.

When she heard someone beside her ask her something, Amanda looked at the, smiled shyly and shook her head. "Nope... Amanda..." she said before turning back to the book she was reading.

Gabriel was looking at his reflection on a mirror in a public restroom. All of this was really overwhelming and this was the kind of things he never wants to get involved with. The flickering light bulb in the corner caught his attention and only made him even more nervous. So much for horror movies.

He turned on the faucet and started to wash his face, he'd do anything just to calm down. After he turned off the faucet he wiped his face with his jacket started walking towards the door. He went out of the restroom and his anxiety just doubled, his heartbeat started to flutter faster and his knees started to wobble like he was a baby learning how to stand up. He leaned on the wall and sat down on the floor.

Gabriel really needed this money, his father was in the hospital after a car accident broke his leg and his back. His mother was just a normal housewife keeps on weeping beside her husband while their son goes to this wretched building and now here he was, getting scared and terrified, like a puppy losing his mother. Now, all he had to do was wait.

“Katie, come on now wake up so I don’t have to carry you in.”Jason called before unlocking his jacked up Chevy Z71. Back in Texas everyone either had a Ford or a Chevy, no one but visitors had little cars. “Jay I saw a ranch a little while back. Let’s just train horses there all year and not tell Papa and Mama.” She murmured snuggling into her brother’s chest because she had fallen asleep in the consul seat. Jason just smirked, kissing the top of her head. He had already ‘Bumped’ for a couple once with the most evil girl in the world. She was from New York and just a plain white collared brat but he managed to get through it. “It’s not a big deal Kate.” He cooed as she sat up and carefully getting out of the truck. Katie ran her hands over her eyes, trying to rid the sleep that fogged them. “Let’s just get this over with.” She snarled walking through the door her brother kindly opened for her. As soon as she walked into the building the dreadful feeling increased highly because of the smell. It smelled like a Doctor’s office and kind of looked like one too with all the people waiting around. “Jay you’re the ‘expert’ on this so…” Katie said a little hesitantly as she pushed him in front of her. Jason just laughed looking to the bulletin board. The lines that read: Katie Deans-Gabriel Fraker and Amanda Lewis-Jason Deans caught his eye. He sighed lightly seeing his sister running her hand through her light hair. It was obviously a nervous habit of hers and she rarely even got nervous. “Stop looking at me like that.” Katie said as her brother pulled her into a tight embrace.

“So I guess were looking for Gabriel and Amanda?” He said loud enough everyone in the room could hear and maybe just maybe they would step forward at their names being called out.

Amanda immediately shut her book when she heard her name called. She bit her lip nervously and looked at the direction where she heard someone call her name. She looked at the guy for a while and sighed in relief. He looks decent, she thought. She contemplated on getting up and going to him or at least waving but she was stuck, almost frozen to her seat in anxiety. She sat there, holding her book just looking at Jason.

Andrew waited patiently for a response. He wasn't the type to be rude and demand attention or anything. A pair walking through the door caught his attention and he turned to see what he could only assume were siblings. In his opinion, this seemed like an odd place for a family to go to together, but who was he to judge? Turning back to the girl he now sat by, he saw her eyes were deadlocked on the brother as soon as he said a name. He decided to try again.

"I take it then you're Amanda, not Sandra?" he asked, doing his best to sound welcoming to a conversation which would be much appreciated to ease his nerves.

Amanda looked at the guy beside her and tried to calm herself down. She was getting really nervous now but she didn't really want it to show. She fiddled with her book in her hand, nodded and said in sort of a whisper, "Yeah... I'm Amanda..." she took a deep breath to avoid the feeling that she was about to hyperventilate. "You are?"

James opened the door to the Bump Agency and smiled, " James Rolls, reporting for duty." He walked to the bulletion board and sighed. "Roxanne 'ROxy" Rodgers and James Rolls huh?" he walked into the room and leaned against the wall. James took out his brand new phone his parents (before they died) gave him with their last savings. He looked at his parent's photos he installed onto the phone and thought, " I never knew this would have to happen." He looked around and asked everyone," Is there anyone here by the name of Roxanne Rodgers?"

"Andrew," he responded immediately, perhaps a bit too fast even. The left side of his mouth raised in a nervous half-smile. "Looks like your...uh..partner is here so I'll still be waiting." He paused. He was already making a fool out of himself, and he couldn't imagine it'd be any better once Sandra arrived. "Is this your first time?"

---

"You'll do great, honey," Roxanne's mother smiled encouragingly, running a hand through her daughters fiery curls. "Just go in there and be the little baby making machine you've been talking about being since you were six."

Rolling her eyes at her mother, she shook her head. "And this is why you're not allowed to come in with me," she giggled. Scooping up her purse, she gave her mother a goodbye peck on the cheek before climbing out of the minivan and stepping on to the sidewalk. A quick wave before she turned to face the door to the Bump Agency building. The only thought she had as she walked through the door was she hopped she had dressed right for this. Meeting your Bump partner wasn't an occasion that Cosmopolitan talked you through what to wear (although she assumed in a month or so it would be). Either way, she had aimed for the not-too-dressy, but not dirty look with a dark green top that came over only one shoulder leaving the other exposed and a pair of comfortable jeans.

Entering the building (just missing her name being called), she saw two people standing next to a bulletin that stated it was announcing partners. Sneaking behind them, she peered around the male's shoulder, squinting to read the paper. Spotting her name, she followed it across.

'Roxanne Rodgers - James Rolls'

Not a name she was familiar with, but that was most likely a good thing. Abandoning the bulletin board, she nestled herself in a vacant chair, taking the chance to look at everyone else in the room. She wasn't sure if she wanted to be upfront and demand to know which of them was her partner or just wait and make him come to her. The later seemed more appealing.

"They really should have name tags or something," she said to no one in particular, playing with a lock of her hair.

She nodded quickly. She was about to draw blood from her lip which she was chewing like crazy. "Yeah, yeah it is... Do I look that ​nervous?" She asked when she could actually feel herslef getting paler by the second.

James walked over to the girl ([MENTION=2645]Aerynne[/MENTION]) and smiled, "Are you Roxanne Rodgers?" He sat down on the ground next to her and said, " I'm James Rolls." james took out his phone and took a picture of Roxanne and said, " Now you're my screensaver" he tilted his head and laughed. James rubbed the back of his head and said, " I'm sorry, I've never spoken to a girl who looked so... pretty!" James's face flushed pink and he pulled his cap down deeper.

[MENTION=2460]21stCenturyCapulet[/MENTION]

Andrew chuckled, nodding. "I'm afraid you do. But, if it makes you feel any better, this is my first time as well," he offered her. He felt like he should physically comfort her and calm her down, but wasn't sure how. Reaching to pat her leg, he stopped and make some awkward attempt to try to pass it off as he was just stretching.

[MENTION=2672]Forks[/MENTION]

Before Roxy could answer the boy who asked, he took her picture. Blushing lightly, she smiled. "Why hello, James," she answered, abandoning her hair and focusing on him. "You can call me Roxy, though. Are you sure you're comfortable on the floor? There's plenty of chairs." He certainly was cute, even if a bit silly. After a few seconds of thinking, she decided she liked him already.

Amanda sighed. "Ok... Ok.." she muttered, trying to regain her composure. "It's good to hear that I'm not the only newbie here..." She looked around, her gaze always going back to the guy she was paired up with. She thought it was a bit stupid for her to not approach him but then she still had major butterflies. "I really shouldn't keep him waiting." she thought out loud

James smiled happily and said, " I rather sit on the floor. I don't care really." He thought for a moment and said, "Roxy, okay then. That's an awesome name you got there." Being one of the youngest bump members, it was hard to fit in. James had to try the best to fit in. He likes Roxanne's red hair, he thought it made her stand out from the others. "So Roxy, do you like standing out?"

Andrew followed her gaze back to the one standing by who he presumed was his sister. "Probably not," he agreed. Seeing she was still nervous, he decided to break the touch barrier, placing his hand on her back and rubbing a small circle lightly. "You'll do great," he promised, giving her a wholehearted smile.

Roxy's head naturally cocked itself to the side, giving him a look. He was a little peculiar, but again, that made this more interesting. "Stand out where?" she asked before realizing what he meant. "Ohh, you mean being different. I don't think so? I'm not a rebel, but I'm not going to change who I am to make someone feel better about themselves." Pulling her feet up on the chair and her knees to her chest, she wrapped her arms around the shins, her chin resting on the knee caps. "Do you?"

[MENTION=2132]DuckieSue[/MENTION]

She took a deep breath and sighed. "Alright, thanks, Andrew. I guess I should go up to him..." she said getting up. She looked at Jason the glanced at Andrew one more time before hugging her book to her chest and started walking towards Jason. She basically dragged her feet to get to the end of the hall. Amanda's lower lip was close to getting a gash from her persistent biting on it. When she finally got to the end of the hall, she started to feel a billion butterflies in her stomach. "Uhh, hi. I--I'm Amanda. You must be Jason."

James smiled and said, " I guess I do, I don't know so much about myself." He tucked his knees into a criss-cross apple sauce and looked up at Roxy. "Your red hair makes you stand out, but- uhh in a good way! It makes you look... strong." He laughed a bit and said, " Sorry, I mess up my words a lot."

Roxy giggled, shaking her head a bit. "I think you talk just fine," she reassured him, smiling. "Are you nervous? Like, do I make you nervous or is it being here?" she asked, her fingers playing with a hole they'd found in her jeans. She wondered if they were being too loud. Of the few others in the room, none seemed to be conversing like them.

(21 I'm sorry for the delay I'm working and it'll take awhile to respond on my phone so I'll respond tonight)

James looked around and shook his head. "I'm quite fine, are you?" he asked concerned.

"No, I'm fine." It wasn't a lie, but she wasn't sure if it was the full truth either. As well as she could put on a good front, Roxy was a bit unsure of how this would all play out. The mail she had received treated it as a business transaction with her partner, who she now knew to be James, and a third party who would 'purchase their goods'. She had thought it was rather crude to think of another life form as 'goods' that you could buy and trade like a car or pair of shoes. "Tell me about yourself," she said with a smile, focusing on keeping the topic off of her for the time being.

Across the room, Andrew watched Amanda as she spoke to her partner, unconsciously sizing him up. With a sigh he didn't mean to release, he leaned back in his chair, crossing his arms over his chest. Now he would wait for Sandra and then...well he wasn't ready to think of the rest of it yet. One step at a time. His eyes drifted to a younger couple who seemed to be doing well talking with each other. They both looked shy and nervous out of their minds, but Andrew couldn't help but smile at how cute they were.

Heather-

I walked into the room and took my sunglasses off. My eyes scanned the room...for what I had no idea. I didn't know if my 'partner' was here yet and I honestly hoped he wasn't. I needed a moment to get myself together. My boots squeaked a bit as I stepped farther into the room. I pushed my hair off my forehead and took a seat. taking a deep breath I tapped my foot, looking around to see it there was someone who wasn't paired up. The guys name was Josh...hmm...that guy kinda looked like a Josh... I sighed. No...he's talking to the other girl. I kept looking.

Jason couldn’t help but look over his sister’s head to a girl that had closed her book at the names he called out. He wanted to test her a little and see if she was independent enough to stand up and introduce herself. It took a while for her to get up and he didn’t blame her. This was a situation that no teenager needed to have to go through but it was life now until the doctors find a cure…if they find a cure. Jay took his warm arms from around his sister once he felt she wasn’t shaking because of nerves. His eyes wandered to the girl that came up introducing herself as the name he had called, with a gentle smirk he extended his hand for her to shake. Introductions had alwaysbeen a formal and important thing to him because you never meet someone twice. “Nice to meet you Amanda, you guessed correct shug.” His voice drowned in her southern accent, only taking his oceanic eyes away from her when his sisterwalked off to get some water. “No need to be nervous about this, I’m guessing you haven’t ever done this before.” He said as he studied her features. She was pretty he had to admit but she looked younger and had a purity about her.

{Never mind I thought it would take me a long time to type.}

Sandra sighed as she stepped out of her car, grabbing her purse and phone from the passenger seat. She was usually glad and would take up any chance just to get out of her small house, but she just didn't feel that on this occasion. & how could she, knowing that soon she'd meet the guy who she would "bump" with. She was overwhelmed by this new "trend" that was bumping but she needed the money, and seemed to be the only way to help her cope with the hurt that her ex boyfriend had left her with somehow.

'Get a Grip, Sandy.' she said softly to herself as she ran a nervous hand through her light brown hair. Never before had she been so nervous, yet so anxious to start something. With her heels clacking against the gravel, she lightly rubbed the locket around her neck; which she strongly believed to be her good luck charm, before she opened the door, stepping inside.Her gray eyes surveying the room, she felt a huge weight lift off her shoulders to see that she wasn't the first one there. Immediately spying a list nearby, she went over and scrolled down until she found her name. ~Andrew Wilkinson.~ That's who she'd be partnered with. She could help but have that familiar fluttering in her stomach, but not so much the good kind.

Putting on a smile, She slowly walked over and sat on a chair one seat away from a guy with his arms over his chest, probably looking as miserable as she was right about now. Sandy had no idea how she was supposed to find Andrew. Ask around all day? With a lazy sigh, she figured it would just be easier to sit and wait, because it was a bit early after all.

Users who are viewing this thread