• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Bukigatari [ONLY 3 SPOTS]

Renki

Lazy King of Laziness
[Year 2152 AD]
70 Years ago, a Lifeform, which was called Anhumani, fist appeared on Earth.
These Monsters ravaged countless countries and cities, destroying them.
For about 5 years, the united governments of all countries which weren't already destroyed, tried to fight of these beasts, without any real success. Humanity was shown how weak they really were, until. finally, the Ultimate Weapon appeared. Well, the Ultimate Weapons, to be specific.
Humans who possessed abilities that were in some ways similiar to those of the Anhumani.
Those individuals were soon called Slayers, due to them being able to kill the Monsters even the united governments of all existing countries couldn't beat.
But even with the power of the Slayers, Humanity still looked their end in the face.
It didn't look all too well until scientists found a way to build weapons out of the corpses of the Anhumani which were multiple times more effective against those beasts than any other weapon they used before.
It took Humanity only 30 years to find a way to fight of the Anhumani efficiently.
For once, Humanity was on one level with their new enemy, but the Anhumani evolved too, which made it once again harder for humans to fight them, but they soon found out that some Anhumani can aslo be tamed.
With the combination of Technology and Anhumani, it was possible to create a MEchanic which made it able to fuse the tamed Anhumani, which were given the title Familiar, with the Anhumani Weapons.
90 Years after the Anhumani appeared, Humans were able to fend the Anhumani off and reclaim their Homeplanet. Anhumani started to appear in smaller hordes and soon, they only started to appear once every week.
In fear of a new Attack, the united government created the Slayer Organization, which trains Slayers and uses them in battle against the Anhumani.

You might wonder now... Where did those Slayers come from in the beginning?
Well, much of the truth is being kept from the World.
Today, Humans are either born Slayers or not.
But ultimately, they all come from one being...
What that being is and what it can do or what it has to do with the Anhumani and the Slayers exactly is unclear *cough* kept hidden *cough*, but that being exists...

40 Years Ago, The Slayer Organization found a creature which resembled a Human but was biologically an Anhumani.
It possesses great power, gretaer than any Slayer or familiar could ever wish to have, and so it was made into a Familiar, but it was unable to fuse with any Slayers Weapon and also, up until now, always killed the Operator (Slayer who was controlling the Familiar), so it was deemed uncontrollable and locked away, being kept hidden by the Organization.

[ONLY ACCEPT 3 PEOPLE]

I could be interested in this potentially, but there's a few details here that I'd want to know going in.

-- Why only three people? If this is intended to be tight-knit, then it's going to be difficult to continue if someone disappears or decides that they don't want to continue.

-- There doesn't really seem to be that much information on what Slayers are capable of, or what the proper source of their abilities are; this makes it difficult to tack themes onto things. Are their traits biological? Is there technology at play?

-- What exactly is the plot trajectory of this roleplay supposed to be? Are these people training at the organization? Is this a full-fledged squad going out on an important mission? What are players supposed to expect, and how can they build characters towards this expectation?

-- What is the intended detail / writing level of the RP?

I could be interested in this potentially, but there's a few details here that I'd want to know going in.

-- Why only three people? If this is intended to be tight-knit, then it's going to be difficult to continue if someone disappears or decides that they don't want to continue.

-- There doesn't really seem to be that much information on what Slayers are capable of, or what the proper source of their abilities are; this makes it difficult to tack themes onto things. Are their traits biological? Is there technology at play?

-- What exactly is the plot trajectory of this roleplay supposed to be? Are these people training at the organization? Is this a full-fledged squad going out on an important mission? What are players supposed to expect, and how can they build characters towards this expectation?

-- What is the intended detail / writing level of the RP?

I will answer your questions in order.

1: I want to have only three people so the group were rping in isn't too big to get everyone into the plot and not too small to have a problem with the number of characters and someone doesn't need to create thousands of characters to make the rp somewhat intereesting.
One or two of the future RP cast will have to make 2 characters, but since people often do that anyway, I don't see a problem here.
If I would accept more people and give out important roles, It'd be even harder to continue the rp when someone dissappears.

2: If you read the Info again, that should explain itself, but I do realize I've hidden it too well in there.
Their abilities have a biological and technological aspect.
The biological are their increased strength, speed, reflexes, senses and durability.
I haven't decided on giving them a special ability, since that may bring complete unbalance in that RP

3: The RP will be about a team of Slayers.
One of the team's Slayers will be the Operator for the Ultimate Weapon.
Throughout the rp, i want to reveal the secret of the Ultimate weapon.

4: I just don't wanna have a Wall of one liners.
Write as much as you want but not too much or too less and... ye.

I'm interested!! :3 (Maybe because it sounds like darling in the francs and I'm obsessed with that anime)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back