• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Answered Buggy Message

AlteanMullet

✩ Space Prince ✩
I don't know if it's a bug or not, but today, I been plagued with the following message:

Oops! We ran into some problems.
Your content can not be submitted. This is likely because your content is spam-like or contains inappropriate elements. Please change your content or try again later. If you still have problems, please contact an administrator.

Now, if my content was spam-like or inappropriate, I would understand. However, it's not. The message is preventing me from editing my content. First, information on my profile. Next, previewing a message in the PM's. (I can't even preview it before I post.)

Help?

I don't know if it's a bug or not, but today, I been plagued with the following message:

Oops! We ran into some problems.
Your content can not be submitted. This is likely because your content is spam-like or contains inappropriate elements. Please change your content or try again later. If you still have problems, please contact an administrator.

Now, if my content was spam-like or inappropriate, I would understand. However, it's not. The message is preventing me from editing my content. First, information on my profile. Next, previewing a message in the PM's. (I can't even preview it before I post.)

Help?
If you edit something too quickly, it will also be caught in the spam filter. Just like if a user were to post something too quickly, editing it part of the filter as well. Just give it about 5 minutes and it should allow you to resume normally.

As far as PMs, are you using mobile, app, or desktop? Can you provide a screencap to show there is no preview button next to the reply button?

If you edit something too quickly, it will also be caught in the spam filter. Just like if a user were to post something too quickly, editing it part of the filter as well. Just give it about 5 minutes and it should allow you to resume normally.

As far as PMs, are you using mobile, app, or desktop? Can you provide a screencap to show there is no preview button next to the reply button?
Whoops, I forgot to answer! A few weeks later, ohmergawd---

Issue resolved. Regarding the PM's, I was referring to the message error. The button itself wasn't missing.

Thanks for answering!

I really wish this topic had continued because I am also experiencing this issue. I get the exact same message when I click either the "preview" button or the "post response" button in my PMs. I'm working from a laptop and a phone -- I get the message on both devices. There is nothing spam-like or inappropriate in the response, I'm not editing a previously sent response or anything like that. I'm simply trying to reply in one of my conversations and I can't. The content of the post itself is solidly PG, so I don't even know what I would change in the response to make it not trigger the message.

In the past, I've been able to edit out abbreviations or a few cuss words on occasion to get the message to post, but I don't have anything like that in this one. It's long, but no longer than others I've posted before without a problem.

I managed to fix it this time, it was the word "s e r v e r" that was setting the message off.
That is the filter working as intended. That is not a bug. In order to prevent new users coming in with the intent to lure users offsite the moment they join. There is no way to give a filter 'context', all it can do is check for a list of filtered words/phrases.

Huh. I guess that makes sense and I can understand, it just seems like an interesting word to filter.

I'll keep that in mind if I have another issue.

Thank you!

Huh. I guess that makes sense and I can understand, it just seems like an interesting word to filter.

I'll keep that in mind if I have another issue.

Thank you!
It's because discord server and other chat server are popular, so we try to avoid advertisements from people who have no intention of actually joining the community.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back