• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Help bug? or maybe i'm dumb

digni-fy

juice that makes you stupid
in a thread i made, there's something going on with the tabs? when the tabs start, after the first line of text in the tab, it seems to auto-generate code. it comes up no matter how many times i edit it away, and just acts like i never took it out in the first place. i'm not going to post the entire code block here since i don't want all the extra stuff, so here's a link to the post, and here's the code that comes up:
Code:
[/Tab][/Tabs][/FONT][FONT=trebuchet ms][Tabs][Tab=Rules]

in a thread i made, there's something going on with the tabs? when the tabs start, after the first line of text in the tab, it seems to auto-generate code. it comes up no matter how many times i edit it away, and just acts like i never took it out in the first place. i'm not going to post the entire code block here since i don't want all the extra stuff, so here's a link to the post, and here's the code that comes up:
Code:
[/Tab][/Tabs][/FONT][FONT=trebuchet ms][Tabs][Tab=Rules]
I'm not exactly sure what you are asking for. Why are you using rules in a tab twice?
Code:
[CENTER][ATTACH=full]507323[/ATTACH]
[SIZE=15px][FONT=trebuchet ms][font=trebuchet ms][SIZE=13px]"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE][FONT=trebuchet ms]
[SIZE=15px][divide][/divide][/SIZE]

[SIZE=15px]Time exists, but not in the way that we know it. 
Time, despite not having a physical form, is something that people live with. On, even. Time has adapted into land. Land covered in cities, towns, and villages. These exist all at once, rather than being a chronological set of events. And while they exist at the same time, they are largely unaffected by the other eras surrounding them. 
Time exists while not existing all at once. 
Time is the world, and the world is made of time. 
- - -
A citizen of the twenty first century withdraws their passport from their bag. They show the guards that're are legally allowed to travel from one era to the other. They hop onto the overcrowded boat and find their seat and after a short wait, the ship stops and they file out onto the docks. Instead of a familiar city in the twenty first century, they're now in an Italian trade city in the 1500’s.
What will they do now? Trade goods? Visit family? Commission a Renaissance era portrait? The possibilities are endless.
As they meander down the streets of the city they see a wide variety of different characters. Plenty of actual citizens, but they can also spot a few people from the 1920’s and even the Future. Was that MLK? Though things have always been this way, it amazes them to see how different every era is. The cultures seem to stay the same no matter what. No matter how much technology people try to integrate into the past, it never sticks. Almost like these eras are stuck, in a way. Time passes, people change, but beliefs stay the same. It’s… peculiar. 
There have been theories for centuries about how all of this is maintained. A rather large group of people believes that the Future is in control of everything. Laws, transportation, guards, even the upkeep of the many different cultures. But, along with these beliefs come suspicion. If they are in control, will they one day go mad with power? 
Nobody has an answer. 
Until they find a definite one, people will continue to live their lives like nothing is wrong. But really, [I]is[/I] anything wrong?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=15px][IMG]http://68.media.tumblr.com/dc58815c85fa1a5875faf853ff06b5d1/tumblr_inline_n8eh30h3yg1ry72eo.gif[/IMG][/SIZE]
[/FONT][/CENTER]
[SIZE=15px][FONT=trebuchet ms]
[B]Rules and Expectations:[/B][/FONT][/SIZE][FONT=trebuchet ms][Tabs][Tab=Rules]
[LIST]
[*]- This RP will take place either on Discord, or on an MXRP group chat if enough interested for that is shown.
[*]- If you're interested, let me know so I can update you when things are set up.
[*]- Realistic/semi-realistic paragraph style.
[*]- Minimum of one paragraph per response.
[*]- Characters will be human, with the exception of cyborgs and androids.
[*]- Characters can't be actual historical figures, but they can be descendants or relatives of them that don't exist in reality.
[*]- Racism, homophobia, transphobia, sexism, etc, won't be accepted in any OOC interactions. However, to stay realistic to history, [I]Some  [/I]will be allowed in character.
[/LIST]
[/Tab]
[SIZE=15px][Tab=Setting]
[B][U]Information on the World[/U][/B] 
[B]Era Setup:[/B] The eras are something equivalent to what we know as big cities. There are East and West sides, as well as North and South. In the eras that aren’t narrowed down to one part of the world, it’s set up like you’d see a world map. Americas in the East. Europe, Asia, and Africa to the West. Entire continents are narrowed down to a neighborhood or smaller city within the one already there. How major the era is, or how prominent a specific country or continent was in the history of it will affect how large it is in relation to the city itself.[/Tab][/SIZE][Tab=Setting]

[SIZE=15px]Futuristic cities are largely up to player interpretation. The player may assume that Pandemic is filled to the brim with zombies, but regardless of what it actually is, it’s separated from the rest of the world and surrounded in high walls for [I]some[/I] reason or another. The only reason something may not be up to the player is if it’s integral to the later plot, or doesn’t make sense historically.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=15px]Before going to another era, players may want to about what they believe it will be like, and a summary of it can be written based on that, and what is necessary to the plot. An example of an era would be something like this: [/SIZE]
[INDENT][SIZE=15px][I][B]Stone Age:[/B]  end of prehistory - 3,300 BC[/I][/SIZE][/INDENT]
[INDENT][I]Most of the Stone Age is covered in a layer of ice and snow, stuck in a constant ice age. Hills, mountains, and cliffs dominate the region as huge glaciers move through, changing the landscape in their path. The few places still untouched by the ice is what land exists the closer to Prehistory that you get. Most inhabitants of the Stone Age are Neanderthals living in caves and crude shelters, hard set on their ways. From what we can interpret, they have no desire to leave their era, and actually seem to be confused by the idea of others existing.[/I][/INDENT]

[SIZE=15px][B]Travelling & Immigration:[/B] Transportation to the different eras varies greatly depending on where you're going and coming from. All eras have different types of transportation, which fits with their levels of technology. For example, modern times might have have a variety of vehicles you could take, while Ancient Rome would have only have horses and ships.
The more futuristic and modern Eras may require a sort of passport to get onto the island, but there are ways around that (having proof that you come from somewhere that passports don't exist), or you could just find a way to sneak in for whatever reasons you may have. 
There are systems set up to allow foreign exchange students in some places, as well as working and studying abroad.  
Permanently moving to a different Era has requirements similar to those involved in moving to a different country in reality. Not all eras require this, but quite a few do. 
There are different places that you can exchange currencies depending on where you are, such as ATMs or public bank-like booths.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=15px][B]Time Progression:[/B] Time doesn't pass in the same way on Earth. There is no concept of years passing, but there are months, weeks, days, etc. They are slightly different depending on the era, but overall all the same. Once all twelve months pass, they go back to the beginning. They just don't have a name for it.
People do count their age in the same way, but rather than counting them in years it's just a number. They just keep track of how many birthdays pass. Because some places have a different number of months, or none at all, ages can be confused between people from time to time.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=15px]A map available under the "links" tab. Keep in mind that even if an era you’re interested in isn’t on the map, it still exists! Just assume that is placed near or around the period closest to it in history. (Feel free to make up your own future eras, as well) [/SIZE]

[/Tab]
[SIZE=15px][Tab=Plot]
[B]Overarching Storyline:[/B]
Time is kept accurate to itself because of the rules and regulations put in place. However, who created them and enforces them isn't common knowledge. Police forces will confiscate illegal items and arrest people when needed, but even they report to some higher power.
That power is the Epoch Agency: a group of brilliant minds that work together to keep things as they should be. The only people that know of it's existence are those who are permitted to. Typically, there's one government leader in each major era that acts as the middleman between the police and Epoch. These leaders are sworn to secrecy, and are at risk to have their memory wiped if they reveal anything they shouldn't. 
Members of the Epoch Agency join via invite. They have no idea that it exists, until they receive the file that tells them everything they need to know. If they accept, they're transported to the Agency, where they work for as long as they're willing. If they decline, their memory is wiped and they'll forget everything they just learned. To be invited is a great honor, and everyone that has been is a descendant of an important person in history.[/Tab][/SIZE][Tab=Plot]

[SIZE=15px]Though, there is a reason they're kept so secret. They don't just delegate and choose laws, they solve problems. For example, solving the problem of history being mixed up. The world isn't meant to be set up like it is, and Epoch knows that. They're trying to figure out what caused this, and how to fix it. They've been trying for the equivalent of two hundred years. They're no further in their quest to find a solution, and history just continues to get worse.
Criminals smuggle future technology to the highest bidders in earlier eras. Eras are popping up that don't belong. Hell, dragons have been spotted flying high above the Middle Ages, which led to the discovery of the Fantasy Medieval period. Imaginary concepts are beginning to become real. Magic, which never existed before, now does. Epoch has done well in keeping it contained after it's discovery however, forbidding travel to and from new places like this, and establishing a perimeter in which nothing can enter.[/SIZE]

[/Tab]
[SIZE=15px][Tab=Links][/Tab][/SIZE][Tab=Links]

[SIZE=15px]World Map: [URL='https://i.imgur.com/mPKdoNz.png']here![/URL]
Characters: nothing yet!
OOC: nothing yet!
Chat: nothing yet![/SIZE]

[/Tab]
[/Tabs]
[CENTER][SIZE=15px]"You will never find time for anything. If you want time, you must make it."[/SIZE][/CENTER]

[CENTER][/CENTER]
[SIZE=12px]Want updates on when things get started? Let me know![/SIZE]
[SIZE=15px][SIZE=12px]Suggestions? Please let me know those too, I love developing things,,,[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[/font]
I removed the first tab entirely.

okay honestly i have no idea?? i should have just done this first lmao-- so this is what it's supposed to be: (with content taken out for less bulk)[/SIZE][/B]

Code:
[FONT=trebuchet ms]
[Tabs]
[Tab=Rules]
Rules and Expectations:
[LIST]
[*]- Realistic/semi-realistic paragraph style.
[*]- Minimum of one paragraph per response.
[/LIST]
[/Tab]
[Tab=Setting]
Information on the World
Era Setup: The eras are something equivalent to what we know as big cities. There are East and West sides, as well as North and South. In the eras that aren’t narrowed down to one part of the world, it’s set up like you’d see a world map. Americas in the East. Europe, Asia, and Africa to the West. Entire continents are narrowed down to a neighborhood or smaller city within the one already there. How major the era is, or how prominent a specific country or continent was in the history of it will affect how large it is in relation to the city itself.

Futuristic cities are largely up to player interpretation. The player may assume that Pandemic is filled to the brim with zombies, but regardless of what it actually is, it’s separated from the rest of the world and surrounded in high walls for some reason or another. The only reason something may not be up to the player is if it’s integral to the later plot, or doesn’t make sense historically.
[/Tab]
[Tab=Plot]
Overarching Storyline:
Time is kept accurate to itself because of the rules and regulations put in place. However, who created them and enforces them isn't common knowledge. Police forces will confiscate illegal items and arrest people when needed, but even they report to some higher power.

Though, there is a reason they're kept so secret. They don't just delegate and choose laws, they solve problems. For example, solving the problem of history being mixed up. The world isn't meant to be set up like it is, and Epoch knows that. They're trying to figure out what caused this, and how to fix it. They've been trying for the equivalent of two hundred years. They're no further in their quest to find a solution, and history just continues to get worse.

[/Tab]
[Tab=Links]
OOC: nothing yet!
Chat: nothing yet!
[/Tab]
[/Tabs]
[/font]

and then this is what it ends up like when i paste in the exact same code? i've noticed it's also doubling all of the other tabs too, cutting them in half if there's more than one paragraph break in a row.
also the "list" code still isn't working in the tabs? idk if that could be contributing somehow?

• Rules and Expectations:

• - Realistic/semi-realistic paragraph style.
    • - Minimum of one paragraph per response.

Last edited:
hi hi !
have you turned off your RTE and used the bbcode editor instead? usually the duplication of code is most likely due to not using the bbcode editor and keeping your RTE off at all times is much better than switching it on and off, especially when it comes to coding! (( that's all i can think of in terms of codes duplication and etc. ! ))

so, when i copied your code it worked perfectly!

digni-fy digni-fy ; pls no -- its just coding can be particular and a hassle at times !
i'm just glad and hope it works well for you now !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back