• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Buffy the Vampire Slayer in 2020? Is this allowed?

starshinesiren

babe, there’s something tragic about you.
Hoo, boy, am I late to this party. Do people even write this anymore?

73A743FD-21AE-412F-A23A-49EBCE0BFD61.gif

So, I’m Emma— and I have an all encompassing search thread for all of my other needs, but I figured, let’s get specific with this one. Because it sure is specific. I just started watching Buffy because I’ve always been told I would like it, and wow, was everyone right. I'm in the middle of season three, but I’m catching up fast, so let me know if there’s a certain season you’d like to wait for me to finish before we start something.

So, a little about me: I’m a college student studying to be a teacher, and I’ve been writing for about 9 years, which is crazy. I’ve got three cats, I sing, I cosplay, I play D&D, and I’ve got a hell of a lot more interests we can chat about.

I’d consider myself semi-advanced to advanced, and I usually write from two to five paragraphs. Sometimes it’s more or less, just depends.

I have discord! I use it and RPN about the same. Talk to me if you prefer one over the other, I don’t particularly mind one way or the other.

I consider myself very friendly, so please don’t be afraid to ask me anything, or even just chat! I love making friends. I’m also one of those writers that loves to share memes, playlists, moodboards, etc. for our RP. So if that’s your thing, I bet we’ll get along!

Anyway, enough about me. Let’s get the business out of the way with what I’m looking for:
• Good grammar, please! I won’t be too strict on this, but it’s just a preference thing.
• Semi-advanced to advanced, preferably.
• At least two paragraphs, maybe less for dialogue. This is flexible, of course.
• At least 16, please. I have the utmost confidence in younger writers, but as a nineteen year old myself, it’s just a comfort thing.
• Ghosting: I totally get it. We’re all busy. But if you’re going to drop a thread, please do it early on or just give me a heads up. I will completely understand. But being ghosted can give me a lot of anxiety if I don’t have any closure, so if you are able to let me know, please do! I'll do the same.
• Please let me know of any triggers you have. I’ll do the same!
• I have a tendency to curse in writing, as well as write darker themes. As for the spicier stuff, I’ll only do a fade to black (as per site rules).
• I like romance in my plots, so at least one pairing in each thread. We can double if you want a platonic pairing on your end, though!
• Post around once a week if you’re able, preferably more. I’ll try to do the same, sometimes I can give you multiple posts in a day. It varies, and if I have to disappear for a while I’ll do my best to let you know ahead of time!
For pairings: For MxF, I’m mostly comfortable playing the female role, unless we’re doubling. FxF is also great, as I’m a lady that likes ladies. I’m also open to MxM!

Okay, now! Onto the fun stuff!

(Characters I’d like to write will be italicized.)

More than anything else, I would absolutely love to write Rupert Giles / Jenny Calendar. I’ll be honest, I haven’t cared this much about a ship in a while, but their dynamic is just so good. I’ll write them in canon, in an AU, whatever- this is one of those ‘if you’re interested I’ll die on the spot’ cravings.

I’d also write Buffy/Angel, Buffy/Spike, Drusilla/Spike, Buffy/Faith or Buffy/Cordelia! Canon or AU.

Should OC x Canon be more your thing in this universe, that also works for me! I've got an OC I'd love to write against Giles. If you'd like to write him, I would be happy to double as: Buffy, Willow, Angel, Spike, Cordelia, to name a few, but I'm open to pretty much anyone if you've got someone in mind!

And, last but not least, OCs! OCs in this universe could be so fun, and I would absolutely love to have our own little mystery gang. If none of my pairings strike your fancy, this is always an option! Truly, I just want to do something in this fandom. Talk to me if you’d like to do something that isn’t on here! Feel free to PM me or comment below if you’re interested.

Here’s to hoping there are still Buffy fans out there! Do please let me know if you’re interested. I hope to hear from you soon!

Last edited:
Good evening,
Pardon my forwardness, but I could not help but notice that you are on the search for a Giles with whom to potentially roleplay. I have also utilized this newfangled thing to do a bit of snooping into your profile of my own, as your name was one listed in a search I performed on a Hannibal roleplay (more specifically, a William Graham against a particular original character of mine).

Might I interest you in perhaps doubling, whereupon I would write as Giles against whoever you please, and you would write as Mr. Graham? I do participate in roleplay on Discord, and a relaxed, once-a-week experience would be positively delightful. I have been a part of the role-playing community for more years than I would care to easily admit, and many of those have been in an online setting.....though I will freely admit that I am brand new to the RP Nation community.

If this post is not longer relevant, then I wish you a pleasant night and luck with your role-playing endeavors.

Best Regards,
Tool

Good evening,
Pardon my forwardness, but I could not help but notice that you are on the search for a Giles with whom to potentially roleplay. I have also utilized this newfangled thing to do a bit of snooping into your profile of my own, as your name was one listed in a search I performed on a Hannibal roleplay (more specifically, a William Graham against a particular original character of mine).

Might I interest you in perhaps doubling, whereupon I would write as Giles against whoever you please, and you would write as Mr. Graham? I do participate in roleplay on Discord, and a relaxed, once-a-week experience would be positively delightful. I have been a part of the role-playing community for more years than I would care to easily admit, and many of those have been in an online setting.....though I will freely admit that I am brand new to the RP Nation community.

If this post is not longer relevant, then I wish you a pleasant night and luck with your role-playing endeavors.

Best Regards,
Tool

Hi! I haven’t written as Will in a while! I would love to do it again- thank you so much for reaching out! I’ll PM you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back