Brooklyn

paula_patton.jpg

The woman opened her mouth to say something but decided not to. She narrowed her eyes for a second then gave a devious smile. "Alright, fine. I give up. But to make sure you really don't want to dance with me, I'm going to finish up business for the night and when I come back I plan on getting absolutely splifficated and dancing until I can't anymore and you, missy will have one more chance." Her talk with Lucas would, she hoped, be the last thing of business she would have to worry about for the night. She gave Jaelle one last smile before first walking over to the bar to check on Faith. She was proving to be quite the bartender as well as being able to handle everything while she was so busy. She noticed her talking to Anne and excused herself for interrupting their conversation. "Sorry ladies, you look like you're having a swell conversation. I don't mean to interrupt, but Faith, thank you so much for holding down the fort. I didn't mean to just up and abandon you. However, I appreciate it. Do you need a break or something?"

full

"Hey Clarissa, I was just..." Faith began, about to apologise for taking a few minutes to talk with Anne whilst the bar had momentarily calmed down. When she realised she wasn't going to be berated, she relaxed. "Don't worry about it. You need to enjoy yourself tonight," she reassured her friend. "I'll be fine. I don't need a break. This is fun, more than anything. I'm enjoying meeting all of the customers," she added, glancing to Anne.​

Last edited:
Clarissa gave her a warm smile and then one towards Anne. She didn't know much about Anne other than her issues with Lucas' family's but that was quite it. Looking her over for a quick second she determined she was pretty and it was a pity a girl like that had to have something so tragic happen to her.
Patting Faith's hand she nodded. "Okay, if you say so. I'll be finishing up so last business for the night then I'll be trying to convince Jaybird to dance with me. Tough so far." She gave a small laugh before clapping her hands together. "You need anything, I'll either be talking to Lucas or finding someone to spend the night with." She shot her a quick wink before making her way over towards the table which Lucas and his men sat. "Now, did I hear some others wanted to compliment me on this wonderful establishment?" She asked them with her hands on her hips. With all the drinks she had had she could feel herself wanting to fall over so putting her hands on her hips would help her. How bad would it be to fall over in your own club?

full

Faith's smile dropped when Clarissa mentioned she'd be talking to Lucas. Figuring Clarissa knew how to handle him and may not appreciate her opinion, she chose not to comment. Besides, she often questioned if she was being paranoid about her own secret, but there was something about the man's demeanour around her that she found unsettling - like he knew everything. She chose to only comment on the other part of her friend's sentence. "When you do find someone, make sure Thomas sees you both together. If anything is certain to bring him to his senses, it will be jealousy at seeing you with someone else," she said, winking.

1ed7ec2ac83ed913301970ec4e8f0b33.jpg

Upon seeing the club owner arrived at their table, Lucas sent her a friendly smile, but remained silent to give the others chance to reply to her. "Wow, yeah," one of them began, making it obvious he was gazing at her chest, "we all love what you've done with the club. Best evening we've had in a while," he said. The man only made eye-contact with her when Lucas smacked his arm and quietly berated him. "You'll have to excuse him, Miss LaVixen. After a few drinks, my friends are like a bunch of teenagers," Lucas explained. She appeared to be a little unsteady on her feet, but he couldn't be sure. "Would you like to have that chat about business now? Just lead the way and I'm all yours," he said, figuring they wouldn't get anything done with his tipsy friends present.​

The attenting she was getting was something she was use to. She used two fingers to lift his chin up to her eyes. "Up here sweetheart." She said with a devious smile. "Though I do thank you for the compliment." Nodding her head over to Lucas, she nodded. "I indeed came to steal you away from your friends for a while, if you guys don't mind." With one last smile, she began walking to her office for the second time that night with Lucas behind her. She offered him a seat before closing the door and sitting behind her desk. The two glasses from her encounter with Jaelle sat at the end table by the couch along with the empty bottle. She shook her head and grabbed another one from her cupboard along with a clean glass. "Would you like a drink Mr. Lucas?"

Lucas got up from his seat and straightened out his suit before following Clarissa to her office. As he walked, he scanned the room to see who was nearby and if anyone was watching them. Inside the room, he casually sat back in the seat that was offered to him and looked around their surroundings in the office. He always made a point of being aware of his surroundings and the people around him - it paid to be alert. For the same reason, he always controlled his drinking in public as he knew how important it was to stay in control. To his advantage, he was able to hold his alcohol pretty well, so he knew he could spare a few more drinks. "Thank you. I'd love a drink, Miss LaVixen," he replied to her. Even when he had time to spare, his need to cut the small talk and get down to business showed on his face. He didn't even try to hide it.​

After pouring his drink and her another one, she gave him his and sipped hers before sitting down in front of him. "I won't waste anymore time. I need to find someone to rub my back tonight. Basically, I need help." She said in a serious tone. Enough joking for a while, until they were finished. "Cops have been sniffing around my place, I got young idiots not realizing who I am and I just feel like I don't have enough influence." She frowned and took another sip of her cup. It was true her influence to new comers weren't being acknowledged and she planned to put a stop to it. She had no clue why, but some part of her did. Of course, she would ignore it for now until it became relevant. "Yes, I could ask the Murphy's but they don't have quite the influence I need." She got up and walked a around a bit, looking over pictures she had with practically half the town. She lingered on one tucked away of her and Thomas and turned back towards Lucas."Besides--" She said as she finally sat back down on top of her desk "--Why give them all my business?"

Jaelle was released from Clarissa's bond, for the moment and wasted no time traversing across the club to where Kaven was seated. Beulah was still dancing with the strapping young lad, and Jaelle really didn't have, or want to speak to any one else.

She came to his table and accepted the chair offered, Kaven's friends and family had always accepted Jaelle warmly, despite who she was. He was pouring her a drink from the bottle on the table, "How was your meeting?" He asked, assuming Jaelle and Clarissa had been conducting business.

Jaelle wouldn't correct him, at least not in front of so many eyes and ears. "Enlightening." She took up the poured glass of dark amber liquor and sipped it; not as good as what Clarissa had in her personal stash, but it was still good.

Peaky-Blinders-Thomas-Shelby-peaky-blinders-35872523-200-163.png

Thomas rose from his seat amd swallowed his drink. "Right, now, why don't we get down to the Garrison for some real drinks, eh boys?", he proposed, "Unless you two have decided you'd rather chase tail tonight, then, I suppose we'll be headed to the Marquis, isn't that right Dom?" The bigger and older man gave a loud laugh, carefully rising so as not to fall over. "Ah, fuck off Tommy. It's not like you haven't taken on a woman in the past few months", he replied. Thomas smiled and took a drag off his smoke. No Dom, just the one, he said to himself, but thought better than to say out loudm

The two former soldiers made their way to the door. Dom looked back. "Are you comin' then Olly?", he asked, swaying where he stood. Thomas smirked, as if amused, amd headed out. "Leave him Dominic. If he wants to try to hook up with the boss, let him", he called over his shoulder.

Thomas waited for his brothers by the door, not intending to wait on Oliver for more than a few minutes. He then walked out of Lape, careful to obey Clarissa's strict procedure, and led the way to the Garrison. To see Dominic and Thomas Murphy on their own was intimidating enough, but the pair together, with the elder brother clearly drunk, was a another story entirely.

0818d48beea2db96b15b7419594e10cd.jpg

Anne would observe the things said around her with a vague disinterest associated with the numbing sensation of drunkenness. As she lost herself in the effects, she had found herself a dance partner who was similarly intoxicated and who was just as capable as she was. They were an obvious sharpshooter and Chébaby didn't give a damn.

1ed7ec2ac83ed913301970ec4e8f0b33-jpg.282876

Lucas raised an eyebrow when Clarissa mentioned she needed to find someone for the night - he could point a few out in the club without even trying. That wasn't the matter at hand, though. He listened carefully as she explained her problems with the cops and lacking influence. He sat forward as a genuine smile crept on to his face. When she outright discounted the Murphys usefulness to her, his pleasure grew further. This was becoming more interesting than he'd first thought. "You're wise to steer clear of them - it will do you no good to be seen as eating out of their pockets." His smile faded and he took a drink from his glass whilst buying himself a little time to think over her request. "I can see to cops, I can make them go away, or at the least turn a blind eye if the Captain orders them here. I could raise your profile here too and have a few of my men make sure the idiots learn their place." He then looked Clarissa in the eyes and ensured his demeanour was completely friendly before continuing. "I'm sure you know this will come at a price, Miss LaVixen. What are you willing to pay?" he asked. Whilst money was always important to him, cash wasn't the only currency he accepted, and Clarissa had more influence than she realised.

brad33-jpg.281976

When Thomas suggested they headed down to the Garrison, Oliver couldn't help but let out a groan. "Isn't there enough real drink here?" he asked, looking to his glass before knocking back the whiskey that was left. "We should just stay here... it's opening night," he said, by this point his eyes gave away the fact the alcohol was rapidly catching up with him. "Chris too... we can't leave him here. Got to make sure..." he trailed off as the two walked to the door. When Thomas remarked that Oliver wanted to stay to try hook with Clarissa, he shook his head. "Oh, piss off, will you," he joked, despite the whole situation ripping him in two. "You... you both have fun," he said, looking into his empty glass.

After a few minutes to try get his head together, Oliver got to his feet, holding on to the table to help himself. He then walked back out into the club and straight to the bar. Although he was drunk, he did a relatively good job at walking straight. He sat up on one of the bar stools and placed his elbows on the bar for support. He looked around to find Clarissa was nowhere in sight. With his older brothers gone too, he realised he was on his own. Forcing a smile in Faith's direction, he ordered another drink. Perhaps he could find someone else to dance with, but right now he just wanted to drink more.​

It would serve her no purpose to not be realistic. As someone who claims neutrality, continuously asking one side for help wouldn't look good for her. For whatever reason, she couldn't sit still. Maybe she was nervous to be asking someone who was so powerful for help, maybe it was because this was a bad idea. Whatever the reason, she kept fidgeting, tapping her fingers on her cup as she held it close to her chest. There was a wave of relief when he mentioned that this was a good thing to come to him and not Thomas. As she listened to his words, she decided that this was, indeed, a good decision but when asked what she was willing to pay she had to think. The money she gets from the club was a lot and provided much comfort so that was no problem. Only thing she wouldn't part with was her club. "Well, money of course is no problem." She gave him a smile and stood from the desk making her way to a more comfortable seating spot, being the couch. "It all depends on what you want, of course. We could come to some sort of plan or agreement. Though I'm sure you'd want more than just free drinks and a place to converse." She didn't mean for the last bit to come out but it did. A lot of things she didn't mean to say we're coming out and in the morning she would.

Lucas could tell Clarissa was nervous and, for once, making someone feel that way wasn't his intention. He got up and followed her to the couch, keeping some distance as he casually sat next to her. Of course she was very attractive, but that had nothing to do with business they were discussing and he knew when to stay professional. "Money isn't something I'm short of, so I'd only ask for the smallest of cuts. I suppose this would be a good place for me to hold some of my meetings, if you could make a private room available and throw in some drinks. How invested are the Murphys in this place? If they keep out of my way - under this roof - I'll keep out of theirs." He could have very easily took advantage of this situation, but given Clarissa's universal popularity, including with the Murphys and Nicolae Lee's daughters, it would be much more advantageous to form a trusting relationship with her. "I do have one request, which I understand might be difficult for you... If I'm to have any involvement in this club and keeping the cops away, then you have to terminate Faith's employment here. She is not trustworthy."​

upload_2017-3-6_9-0-2.png
Chris and his friends were having the time of their lives. Now they knew what everyone was talking about when they said this place was great. Even though the shows were over for the night and it was just the band playing music, he was still enjoying himself. He took notice of Dom and Tommy leaving, and frowned. Had they really left him behind, again? Although he was use to it, it still stung until he saw Oliver at the bar. He watched as his older brother seemed to stumble a bit and shook his head. Now this drunken mess was to be his responsibility. Just to get back at the other two, he would need to devise a plan that included chastising from Aunt Esme. He smirked at the thought as he made his way over towards Olly and put his hands on his shoulders. Giving Faith a quick smile, he turned to Oliver. "You alright there, big brother? Need to go home already?" He teased.

paula_patton.jpg

This meeting was going better than she thought it would. It calmed her nerves knowing it wasn't going to end in some sort of shoot out like in the wild west. She took her time to think about her responses before she said them, not wanting to upset him in any way. Sure he was calmer than his brothers but she didn't want to rely on just that. She enjoyed living life with little to no enemies and she didn't want to make one now. Especially with a Pickens. "A cut? I can do that. Say 35 percent of the monthly profits. More money in your pocket for... Material things. I can also open up another room for you, considering the Murphy's occupy one as well." She gave him a secret smile before giving her head a slight shake and clicking her tongue. "Now, I won't discuss their business with me just as I won't discuss yours with me. Just know that they have enough invested. I'll see to it, personally, that no quarrels occur. It would brutally kill the fun atmosphere." His requests weren't at all unreasonable. Of course until he asked for Faith's termination. The request tripped her up and she opened her mouth to speak but then closed it. Faith was a dear friend and she had just saved her from serving perverts. She narrowed her eyes for a split second before regaining her composure and looking him in the eyes. "Now that, I can't do. I trust Faith completely, she's harmless. I wouldn't have left her behind the counter if I didn't. I can't throw her under the bus for the sake of my business and I won't. If it were any other person working for me like say Erica, oh trust me I would." She then thought about a loop-hole to which she could use to her advantage, but doing so could have unforeseen consequences. She'd just have to wait for his response before she decided what game to play.

brad33-jpg.281976

Oliver accepted the drink from Faith just as he felt a pair of hands on his shoulders. He turned in his seat to face his little brother and smiled warmly at the teenager. "Chris! How are you doing?" he asked, patting him on the back. "Don't you look suave? You shouldn't be here, but at least you made an effort to get dressed up," he remarked, trying his hardest to sound sober. He'd got over his brother's sneaking into the club by now and even in his less than sober state, he could see Chris had at least been sensible where drinking was concerned. "Me? I've never been better," Oliver lied. "I haven't done here yet. I haven't seen her all night. I mean, all of these women around and all I've done is... talk business," he trailed off. He then reached for his glass and took a quick drink from it. "But if you're ready to go home to bed, I guess I'll have to go with you. Someone's got to be responsible," he said, grinning and winking as he nudged Chris in the shoulder..

"35 percent is fair," Lucas agreed, nodding his head. "Of course, I don't expect you to break the Murphys' trust, I just want to make sure this isn't going to be a problem for them. As I said, under this roof, I won't cause any trouble with the lads. Outside is a different matter, but that needn't bother you," he added, smirking. He had unfinished business with them, especially the long-haired annoyance sat out at the bar, but he'd settle that with Oliver elsewhere. When Clarissa rejected his request regarding Faith, he was both irritated at being refused and impressed that she didn't simply agree with everything he asked. "Do you trust Faith not to throw you under the bus?" he asked. "One of my friends on the force told me about something she did last year. I understand she used to be involved with one of the Lees men, until he dumped her. She responded by giving the Captain a tip-off about a robbery he was planning and the cops were all over it. I'm not against revenge, but I am against people who squeal to the cops. Just make sure you can trust her not to stab you in the back, Miss LaVixen. I'd hate for you to lose this place."

full

Faith had tried to offer Oliver a glass of water, but he was pretty set on more alcohol, so she'd reluctantly handed over more to him. Knowing what was troubling him, she felt bad for him. He had it real bad for Clarissa and the drink wouldn't help him. She smiled at Chris who she barely recalled was the youngest Murphy brother. She stepped away a little to let them talk. She watch Beulah dancing with the gentleman and couldn't help but smile at seeing her friend having fun. Anne also looked to have found someone to dance with. Even Jaelle looked to be content in the company of her friends. Overall, this had been a great night. She'd be sure to have a drink herself before Clarissa closed up at the end of the night.​

With a devious smile, Chris gave a light chuckle. Oliver was drunk and maybe this was finally the time. He had enough liquid courage in him to go and tell Clar how he really felt and Chris was going to convince him to do so. "All work and no play? That makes Ollie a dull boy indeed. You need a woman to talk to, no doubt. And what better woman than Clar, huh? If you're as macho as you seem, go talk to her" He said as he sat down. There was never a time Christopher didn't like messing with Oliver the most. And with him being drunk it made it so much more fun to do. Hopefully he didn't fall flat on his ass otherwise Chris would have to haul him out of there.

Clarissa was relieved when he didn't blow up. Of course it wasn't fair to assume he'd be upset but she could never be too sure. "Like i said. If they have an issue, i will personally see to it. Though I can guarantee you there won't be." She gave him a reassuring pat on his leg before interlacing her fingers together. All other terms were agreed to except the one about Faith. When she heard about Faith, it kind of shocked her. She heard the speculations about it but she never thought it to be true. There was no reason for Lucas to lie so she had no choice but to believe it. With a sigh she shook her head but didn't change her mind. "I know she'd never do it to me. And if she ever does, well. There'd be a casket with her name on it next to the last person to betray me." She gave him a small smile and pointed her finger at him. "If I didn't know any better, I'd say you were genuinely concerned about the safety of Lapé." She said it as a joke but at the same time she was serious. Lots of people cared about the place, some even cared about it more than her but it doesn't matter. As long as her legacy lived on she'd be happy.

Oliver folded his arms and shook his head. "Do you think I'm too scared to talk to her? I talk to her," he argued. "The only woman you ever speak to his Aunt Esme, so you can't talk!" he teased. He then looked over his shoulder before turning back to Chris and shrugging. "Besides, I can't saying anything to someone who isn't here," he added.

-------

"Oh, there will be an issue," Lucas said, but his tone suggested he didn't care if there was. He smiled as Clarissa explained what would happen if Faith did cross her. "Well, alright. I'll take your word on this and I trust you'll deal with her if needed." He laughed as she suggested he was concerned about the club. "I'm genuinely concerned about my 35 percent," he half-joked. He then let out a deep breath before standing. "We can meet again another day to go through our agreement - we've both had a few drinks and I'd hate for there to be any misunderstandings." He was very formal when it came to business. "Now, Miss LaVixen," he said, rubbing his hands together. "Don't let me get in the way of your fun evening. You do need to find someone to rub your back and the night is only getting shorter!"​

upload_2017-3-6_9-0-2-png.283231

The biggest grin in the world appeared on his lips when he heard his reasoning for not talking to Clarissa. It just so happened that he saw where she went and because he was the best brother ever, he would help him. "Well, my dear man, I just so happen to know where she is." He raised his eyebrows playfully and took a pause to add on to the agony his brother must have been feeling in that moment. Taking a deep breath, he nodded his head over towards her office. "Love of your life, weirdo, is in her office. Her little meeting should be over by now. Go ahead and prove me wrong. You might even get lucky, I've seen her downing a few bottles."
paula_patton.jpg

For the first time all night, she wasn't at all intimidated by him. Despite his reputation, it was nice to be around and talk to Lucas. "I'm beginning to think this is going to be a beautiful think Mr. Andrews." She stood and gave him a smile as she walked over towards the door. "I'll be out at the Boardwalk tomorrow and most likely doing something other than being here. So perhaps the day after we can finish things up?" She let out a small laugh when he mentioned her wanting to find someone to rub her back for her. She had several ideas of who would do so, it being so easy to get whatever it is she wanted. "Mmm... I'm pretty sure it won't be that difficult. I usually get what I want." The way she said the last sentence sounded like she had to reassure herself that she could. There weren't that many people who would be able to say no to her and she used it to her advantage.

brad33-jpg.281976

Oliver frowned as Chris claimed he knew where Clarissa was. The brat was pushing it. He looked towards Clarissa's office upon learning that was where she was. "You think I won't go in there?" he asked, getting down from the stool and standing. He had to take a moment to regain his balance. "I don't even know why you're questioning the fact I can talk to her. And you need to show more respect for the lady - just because she's had a few drinks, doesn't mean anything!" He was backing away as he finished his sentence. As soon as he realised walking backwards was even harder than forwards, he turned and walked normally towards Clarissa's office. For the most part, he was doing a decent job at walking...

----------------

"It's Mr Peterson, but you can call me Lucas," he corrected her, in the nicest possible way. He smiled at her last comment. "Well, Miss LaVixen, that's already something we have in common. I too usually get what I want," he assured her. As he opened the door to let himself out, he bumped into Oliver, who stumbled a little as the door opening took the drunk man by surprise. "Woah, watch it, lad. Time to knock the drink on the head," he said, his tone kept friendly for Clarissa's sake. His next words to Oliver were uttered much quieter. "The next time you bump into me, you'll need the hospital." With that, he brushed passed the Murphy brother. Part of him really wished he could listen in to Oliver's conversation, for humour's sake, but the music was too loud for him to hear anything. Instead, he made his way to the bar to see if there was anyone of interest around - mainly Anne.

Oliver heard and understood Lucas' threat, but he was too distracted by the matter at hand to bother responding. "Clarissa..." he began, stepping into her office and closing the door behind him. "I love... this place," he began. Whilst the alcohol had worked wonders for his courage, it did nothing for his ability to put what he wanted to say into words. He'd known exactly what to say when he was sober, but now everything was just a jumbled mess in his head. "And you. You're just amazing. I've never met a woman who makes me feel like this." He could feels his face burning up and questioned whether it was embarrassment or being drunk. "I'm falling for you and I can't stop myself," he said.​

proxy.php

Anne sat at a table, still giddy from her drinks and more so her dance. She smiled at the other patrons. She didn't even register Lucas leave Clarissa's office. She especially didn't notice him come closer to her or how he scanned the crowded club for a pretty face. She didn't notice anything in exact detail beyond the blindingly blissfull sensation from her umpteenth drink.

Anne knew it was illegal, and maybe that was the appeal. Maybe it was to find what drove her father's killers. Maybe she had deeper motives. But in that moment, as far as she or anyone else in that club was concerned, she was a fiery redhead who'd had a lot to drink and was looking to enjoy her night.

Chris just looked on in awe. His brother really was about to go and try it, wasn't he? Well, time to prepare to fix the damage when he returned. Shaking his head he looked up at Faith and nodded his head at her. "Do you have any water back there? I have a feeling I'm going to have to help him home and therefore I've gotta stay sober. It's hard being the responsible one." He knew damn well he wasn't responsible and he couldn't even keep the childish grin from his face. But luckily for him, tonight he was. That and his true caring self was beginning to show. He didn't like it much but one could say he was growing up. Even though he was still doing childlike things.
paula_patton.jpg

Clarissa agreed with Lucas about them having something in common. It was a given that they were both alpha males and weren't afraid to show it. When he left her office, she took it upon herself to straighten it up a little. For her sake, she pretended not to notice the interaction between he and Oliver. No fists were thrown so everything would be okay.. For now. But, Oliver stumbling in did take her by surprise and she took a seat on her desk again. The heels on her feet were beginning to take it's toll and she needed a break from them. "Well then. How can I help you Ollie?" She asked as he stood a few feet from her. She was smiling, watching his drunken actions. "Well thank you. The club is, as always, my baby. I have to make sure people love it as much as they love breaking the law." His compliment was very much needed. Compliments helped her confidence grow. His next sentence sobered her right up and her smile remained, but it had lost that warm feeling. Could he be joking right now? He loved her? Since when? Of course he had to be lying but then again drunk mouths speak sober thoughts. "Mmm... Oliver I think you've had a bit too much to drink." Taking off her heels, she hopped down and placed her hand on his arm and walked him to the couch. "You're officially cut off for the night, love."

full

Faith smiled as Chris asked for a glass of water and said he'd be helping his brother. "Coming right up," she confirmed. She took the glass of whiskey Oliver had left on the bar and placed it out of reach. The last thing he'd need when returning was more alcohol. She got the water for Chris and handed it to him. "I have to say, it's very thoughtful of you to look out for your brother. Very mature."

brad33-jpg.281976

Oliver felt frustrated when Clarissa noted he'd had too much to drink. As she walked him to the couch, he got halfway there before stopping and turning to face her. "Yes, I've had a lot to drink," he stated the obvious. He placed his hands gently on her shoulders and look into her eyes. "But that doesn't alter the fact of what I'm saying," he slowly shook his head. "I'm in love with you and I can't just ignore it anymore. After spending some time with you today I knew my feelings were real." Oliver was clearly drunk, but it was also clear he was being deeply truthful. "Clarissa, I'm sorry," he apologised, rubbing the back of his head. "I shouldn't have... I just can't fight it."​

He nodded his head side to side at Faith's comment. Sure, he was a good brother. But really it was so he can get him yelled at by Esme. For now he wouldn't say anything and just gave her another smile. "Why, of course. And people are always talking about how immature I am. Terrible." He was feigning his innocence at this point and didn't feel bad about it at all. There were times he really did try to be mature but it just wouldn't happen for him. Either that or he was just trying way too hard.
paula_patton.jpg

Rissa was so confused about the situation she was in at the moment. She couldn't even figure out what is was she felt. Her mind couldn't process much and she desperately searched his face for any sign of him joking; there wasn't. She put her hands on his cheeks and gave him a small smile. "You can't help how you feel and you shouldn't feel bad about it." Reassuring him was the first thing she had to do, considering she didn't know how to react to this. It wasn't that she was ignoring his words, she just didn't know how to respond. Would it be terrible of her to try things out with Oliver? She was involved with his brother, but how would that look if she basically bounced between them? But then again, why shouldn't she try something else? "Ollie." At this point she was so lost and instead of words coming off, her lips touched his.

brad33-jpg.281976

After Esme's warnings, Chris' teasing and the general lack of support from his brothers, he was more prepared to be rejected than anything, despite any outward optimism he'd been displaying. When Clarissa reassured him he couldn't help how he felt, the situation began to feel familiar to him. He'd used a similar line to let a couple of girls down in the past. He was about to do the best he could, in his current state, to form some words that would reassure Clarissa that he understood she didn't feel the same. He'd hate to make her feel bad, even if his own heart was about to be broken. But then, she took him by surprise and moved in to kiss him. He was confused and surprised, but that would just have to wait. Instead, he placed one hand behind Clarissa's head and the other around her waist, pulling her in closer for for a kiss.

When the kiss ended, he took a wobbly step back and gave the warmest smile. "I, um... I wasn't truly expecting that..." was all he could manage to say. He fought back the fact that the room was spinning a little and his heart was rapidly beating in his chest. It wouldn't be until he was sobered up and over the shock that he could process the effects this could have on all parties involved. Despite Thomas' rejection of Clarissa, Oliver hadn't thought enough about how his brother would really feel about this - if there was still a deeper part of him that cared for her. Right now, nothing else mattered to him. His feelings were genuine and he hadn't set out to hurt anyone else.​

paula_patton.jpg

When Oliver kissed her back, she knew she must have made a terrible mistake. She was adventuring into uncharted waters that she may never escape from again. Somewhere inside she did have some sort of feelings for him, but they wouldn't be able to surface until she got the closure she needed from Thomas. But she wasn't thinking about that right now. Instead, she was thinking about how soft his lips were and how wrong it was to kiss her exes brother. She gave a small smile as she took a step back to put her heels back on her feet. "Always expect something unexpected from me, you should know this by now." She started moving towards the door and turned to look at him. "Unless you plan on coming home with me, we should get you back to your brothers." She said, half-joking but also half-serious. The night had gone on long enough and now it was time to close and recover for the night. She had to recover herself before walking on stage to give her thanks and close for the night. There were many groans in the crowd but they would be okay, considering Lape would be open tomorrow night. When she was finished on stage, she walked back behind the bar towards Faith. "Why, hello there." She said, Lucas' words echoing through her mind. She wouldn't judge the girl so quickly until she was given a reason. "You've worked hard enough for the night, okay? Go on and head home and I'll finish here. And I'm not taking no for an answer."

brad33-jpg.281976

"Well, I'd much rather go home with you..." Oliver joked. It was true, he would have gone back to her place without a second thought, if he genuinely believed that was what she wanted. Even as drunk as he was, his chivalry was always present, so he would never be presumptuous. Besides the fact, Chris was waiting for him and he couldn't think of an excuse not to go home - not without everyone knowing what just happened. He figured Clarissa didn't want their business spread around so soon. "But I really do need to get Chris safely home," he said, smirking one last time before focusing on trying to make sure Chris didn't learn the truth.

Oliver approached Chris. He tried to put on a serious face, amongst the general drunken and dazed expression he was uncontrollably giving off. Really, there was no sign that Oliver had just told Clarissa he loved her and they'd kissed. "I talked to her. I win. Can we just go?" he bluntly asked, holding onto the edge of the bar to steady himself. "We're done here. I've had enough." He was certainly convincing enough to make Faith send Chris an apologetic look and ask the kid to look after his brother.

full

Faith was thinking about what must have happened between Oliver and Clarissa, when the club owner greeted her and took her by surprise. Faith almost jumped out of he skin. "Sorry, I was distracted for a moment there," she said, laughing a little. She decided not to ask what had just happened with the Murphy brother. "Okay. I guess so," Faith reluctantly agreed to go home. "As long as you're sure. And make sure you get home safe!" she suggested.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back