• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Bromance in space! [Original, MxM, long-term, advanced]

Sash

Wooden spoon of justice
Alright, so I first thought of this concept less than a week ago, but it’s been haunting me, so here goes.

“Question: why did they refer to you as an offspring of a canine?”
“Cuz they can’t take this much swag, that’s why!”

YC is an omnipotent being. Manipulating time and space, twisting and warping his own form, messing around with matter and energy, creating objects of unlimited size at the power of his own will – it’s all child’s play to him. But he’s also somewhat young and hot-headed, pulls pranks on other similar beings and is generally treated as a big annoyance. At some point, when his trickery and immature behavior become absolutely insufferable, the other, older and more powerful beings of his kind decide they’ve had enough of him. His omnipotence is reduced to only a quarter of its former might, and he’s exiled to a very distant galaxy to “man up and think about what he did”.

Naturally, being now only quarter-omnipotent, he can’t bend space enough to get back home. Not to mention that, insulted and enraged, he doesn’t want to. So he wanders from planet to planet, plays God here and there, and eventually gets tired and bored. That is, until he finds something very interesting.

It’s a deserted wasteland, and if he didn’t know any better, he’d think it was always like that. But there are traces – not obvious, sometimes not even visible – of a very advanced human colony. A research facility, perhaps, or some kind of scientific complex, the being thinks, and, despite the lack of interest in human science, decides to investigate. That’s how he discovers MC.

MC is an android – a human-like robot that was created by the now dead colonists, incredibly smart and adaptive, by default polite and friendly, and an overall nice companion for a bored eternal peak of creation. The android is strong and well-built, but still has limitations, like the inability to survive in open space, so the being adopts a similar humanoid form to travel together, as they visit various planets, learn about humanity and grow attached to each other.

The focus of the story is the interaction of these two, with MC’s curiosity and desire to become more human, and YC’s quest of out-growing his childish habits and learning how, when and why to be serious and mature. Eventually there will be additions to their little exploring party, particularly we’ll need a human character to balance them out. There’s also an infinite room for action and a fair share of drama, and simply a million of possibilities of what to do with two emotional disasters in space.
Some things you need to know about me and my way to RP:

🔸 The searching thread may seem casual, but I take my stories and characters very seriously. It means that I’ll do my best to create multi-dimensional personalities and intricate plot-lines to keep you interested. Naturally, I expect you to put some effort into it as well.

🔸 I generally write a lot. Never counted paragraphs, but my posts often exceed two word-pages. I can go lower, of course, but I do love details, so I’d appreciate if you could match my length. Besides, to me there’s no such thing as a pointless detail, so if, say, a curtain seems interesting to you, then it is just as well interesting to me!

🔸 I love playing side-characters, especially when they’re not just pieces of cardboard to fill the necessary game space. If you don’t feel comfortable having many characters, that’s completely fine. But I’ll love and cherish you if you can take on more than one character and make it interesting.

🔸 When it comes to romance, I prefer it to be an addition to the story rather than its primary goal and focus. I also won’t force it, and would prefer a slow-burn over “instantly falls in love at first sight”-kinda thing.

🔸 I have a lot of free time right now, in quarantine, so I will be able to write quite often. Of course, I understand that you may not be able to reply with the same frequency, and I won’t bug you for a post. I love to chat OOC though, and it takes considerably less time, so I’d love me someone who can keep a friendly chat going.

🔸 My time-zone is GMT+3.

🔸 If you’ve read so far and liked my idea, send me a PM! Tell me what kind of role-player you are, and what questions/suggestions/ideas about this plot you have. I’ve got some ideas of my own, that I didn’t include in this thread to keep it relatively short, but I’ll gladly share them as soon as I hear what you have to say.

Thank you for your attention. Have a nice day!

Alright, so I first thought of this concept less than a week ago, but it’s been haunting me, so here goes.

YC is an omnipotent being. Manipulating time and space, twisting and warping his own form, messing around with matter and energy, creating objects of unlimited size at the power of his own will – it’s all child’s play to him. But he’s also somewhat young and hot-headed, pulls pranks on other similar beings and is generally treated as a big annoyance. At some point, when his trickery and immature behavior become absolutely insufferable, the other, older and more powerful beings of his kind decide they’ve had enough of him. His omnipotence is reduced to only a quarter of its former might, and he’s exiled to a very distant galaxy to “man up and think about what he did”.

Naturally, being now only quarter-omnipotent, he can’t bend space enough to get back home. Not to mention that, insulted and enraged, he doesn’t want to. So he wanders from planet to planet, plays God here and there, and eventually gets tired and bored. That is, until he finds something very interesting.

It’s a deserted wasteland, and if he didn’t know any better, he’d think it was always like that. But there are traces – not obvious, sometimes not even visible – of a very advanced human colony. A research facility, perhaps, or some kind of scientific complex, the being thinks, and, despite the lack of interest in human science, decides to investigate. That’s how he discovers MC.

MC is an android – a human-like robot that was created by the now dead colonists, incredibly smart and adaptive, by default polite and friendly, and an overall nice companion for a bored eternal peak of creation. The android is strong and well-built, but still has limitations, like the inability to survive in open space, so the being adopts a similar humanoid form to travel together, as they visit various planets, learn about humanity and grow attached to each other.

The focus of the story is the interaction of these two, with MC’s curiosity and desire to become more human, and YC’s quest of out-growing his childish habits and learning how, when and why to be serious and mature. Eventually there will be additions to their little exploring party, particularly we’ll need a human character to balance them out. There’s also an infinite room for action and a fair share of drama, and simply a million of possibilities of what to do with two emotional disasters in space.

🔸 The searching thread may seem casual, but I take my stories and characters very seriously. It means that I’ll do my best to create multi-dimensional personalities and intricate plot-lines to keep you interested. Naturally, I expect you to put some effort into it as well.

🔸 I generally write a lot. Never counted paragraphs, but my posts often exceed two word-pages. I can go lower, of course, but I do love details, so I’d appreciate if you could match my length. Besides, to me there’s no such thing as a pointless detail, so if, say, a curtain seems interesting to you, then it is just as well interesting to me!

🔸 I love playing side-characters, especially when they’re not just pieces of cardboard to fill the necessary game space. If you don’t feel comfortable having many characters, that’s completely fine. But I’ll love and cherish you if you can take on more than one character and make it interesting.

🔸 When it comes to romance, I prefer it to be an addition to the story rather than its primary goal and focus. I also won’t force it, and would prefer a slow-burn over “instantly falls in love at first sight”-kinda thing.

🔸 I have a lot of free time right now, in quarantine, so I will be able to write quite often. Of course, I understand that you may not be able to reply with the same frequency, and I won’t bug you for a post. I love to chat OOC though, and it takes considerably less time, so I’d love me someone who can keep a friendly chat going.

🔸 My time-zone is GMT+3.

🔸 If you’ve read so far and liked my idea, send me a PM! Tell me what kind of role-player you are, and what questions/suggestions/ideas about this plot you have. I’ve got some ideas of my own, that I didn’t include in this thread to keep it relatively short, but I’ll gladly share them as soon as I hear what you have to say.

🔸 My time-zone is GMT+3.

In a word: yes. Pm'd you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back