• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Broken Sword Main

Characters
Here
Other
Here

• strawberry-834947_1920.jpg
    John Doe Langley

Doe shifted uncomfortably under Evelyn's sharp stare. Did... did he say something wrong? It wasn't a great answer, sure, but it was an honest one. He had no idea how else to respond to something like that. Ever since he woke up from his accident, he had been convinced that he was an ordinary human in an ordinary world, but the more he went about his life, the more strange and bizarre things he found himself getting roped into. If the supernatural WAS real, then what did that make him? What exactly was he?
    The more he dug, the more questions he unearthed.
    If only he could find an answer.
    Doe perked up at the mention of flowers, his stirring thoughts settled into the back of his mind as the subject changed to one of his favorites: Gardening. He grinned at Evelyn, not seeming to notice her attempt to grab Abraxas's attention.
    "Oh!! Well firstly; make sure to keep up on watering! Its especially important in a hot climate like this! A good way to test the soil is to stick your finger an inch deep into the pot or ground or where ever you have your plant, if its dry all the way through then it needs to be water again. Also! Pay attention to sunlight, i reckon you focus on plants that are hearty and enjoy being in sunlight--like Zinnias or Marigolds..."

Doe continued to excitedly ramble on about botany, giving Evelyn a variety of gardening tips, a list of beginner flowers and even a few random facts about plants. It was a subject he really cared about. He wasnt entirely sure where all of his gardening knowledge came from, but he had alot of it, and he was excited to share it whenever the opportunity came up.
    Suddenlt Doe's eyes widened and he clamped a hand over his mouth. He had been talking for several minutes without even giving Evelyn a chance to respond. He flushed with embarrassment. He got way too excited.
    "Pardon me--I got carried away there... Uh, if you wanted i could set aside some seeds and gardening tools for you to pick up at my shop later..?"
    He asked, his hands fell from his face and back to his sides, he was trying to resist the urge to fidget with them.

Abraxas' spidey sense was tingling. He let out a quiet chuckle. His grandmother had always hated when he had called his intuition that, but it made him happy. He secretly loved Spider-Man, so he was happy to call what many referred to as Mage Instinct as his spidey sense. Drove the prim and proper mages up the wall, which just made his rebellious heart happy. His gaze instantly flicked to where Evelyn was, and he quickly assessed her discomfort. Popping up to his feet after eating so much was difficult, but the young mage just managed.
"Macey, he will be giving a demonstration of his skills later. I'm sure you can fight him after that. Or maybe during. Until then, I can only ask for some patience. After all, the best fights need to be built up, right?" He gave the skeleton an almost judgmental look, before continuing to speak.
"Now, if you excuse me, it appears that I am needed." He gave a small cordial bow in Macey's direction, before heading over to Evelyn and Doe.
"Hello, you two. I hope everything is going well?" He gave Evelyn a pointed look, tactfully managing to occupy the space between the pair without seeming to intrude.
"Doe, have you been rambling about your plants again? Don't get me wrong, I admire how you grow things, but not everyone is quite so interested in horticulture. I think you should have a drink or two, relax and just be friendly. Not everyone is ready for your lecture on the wonders of succulents." He laughed, and lightly touched Doe on the arm, to show he was only teasing. As he did, he sent a small pulse of his magic down to the curse on Doe's back, feeling for any weaknesses he might explore. His granny might have encouraged patience, but he wanted his friend back NOW.

Evelyn

Interactions: Blaklyte Blaklyte (Doe) Veil Walker Veil Walker (Abraxas)
Mood: Guard Up, Calm

As Doe seemed more cheerful now the conversation was in calmer waters, Evelyn unclenched a fist she hadn't relised she was holding. And it wasn't just a distraction, she genuinly needed to keep some plants because her house interior was depressing as all else. But she could see the man's confusion and concern melt away as he started speaking about sunlight (boooo) and zinigolds and marias, which she assumed were a type of flower. Evelyn's previous knowledge had basically stored plants in 3 categories, flowers, edible and cactus. Suffice to say her knowledge was lacking.

But good. Lord. This man knew a lot about plants, and a lot about taking care of them. It was cute to see someone talk about their hobbies so passionatley though, and it was tough in her life for Evelyn to find a subject she knew literally nothing about, but plants seem to have always missed the list. Though she tried her best to follow what he was telling her, it wasn't long before she was basically nodding along in agreement, adding a "hmmm" or a "That makes sense," every now and again. Eventualy he seemed to realise, clasping a hand over his mouth.

"Pardon me--I got carried away there... Uh, if you wanted i could set aside some seeds and gardening tools for you to pick up at my shop later..?"

She smiled back. "It's alright, I wish I had a passion for something as deep as you do," she replied, trying to endear the man. "And I'd love to drop by and pick up some tools and seeds, though I can pay. I wouldn't want to put you out of pocket," she said. Evelyn hadn't quite figured out how she was going to tend a garden that she could only enter at night, but she'd figure something out. As the negotiated, they noted the approach of Abraxas, Evelyn somewhat grateful that some light would be shed on Doe's situation possibly.

"Hello, you two. I hope everything is going well?"

Evelyn nodded. "We were just talking gardening. Nothing I grow holds up in the heat or the sun very well, me included," she joked, fanning herself. "I hafta say though, it's a greatidea to get everyone together," she admitted. "I imagine starting a place like this, it's good for the inhabitants to get some social time together. I think most..." she glanced at Doe for a second, hoping Abraxas would take the hint. "...if not all of us benefit from some socialiting amongst likeminded folk. Wouldn't you agree Abraxas?" She asked. He'd put a hand on Doe's back for a split second, was Abraxas protecting him, or her, or himself?

• Taranis half shrugged, unsure of himself and the colonel's words.
    "I guess." He answered.
    "We've only had these powers for, uh, a few months I think. Most of that time we were in Hell..." Ta added, then stared down at his forgotten plate of food. "Tolli made so much more progress than I have..."
    "That's okay, Ta. Everyone moves at their own pace, even twins." Tolli tried to comfort him but couldn't help but feel he was failing.

Veil Walker Veil Walker

John Doe Langley

Doe held up a hand and shook his head.
    "No no dear, Its on the house! Im more than happy to help you get started! Just maybe stop by and buy something later if you like it."
    He said with a chuckle. He truly didnt mind gifting a starter kit to someone interesting in gardening. She could consider it an apology for rambling so much.
    He cheerfully greeted Abraxas when he came over,
    "Hello--"
    Doe cut himself off as the mage's name laid just out of reach in his memories... It hadnt been that long since they last talked, why couldnt he remember it..? He swallowed the rest of his greeting akwardly, pretending that he had only wanted to say hi as he listened to Evelyn and him speak. His smile and cheerful attitude faltered as Abraxas seemed to chide him for oversharing his interests, made even worse as Evelyn gave him a strange look. He hunched over to make himself seem smaller. A pit began to form in his stomach. Did... did he make Evelyn uncomfortable? He didnt mean to.. He was just excited, he didnt think his rambling would have been that strange. Doe flinched as Abraxas's hand brushed against his arm.
    Poor choice on Abraxas's part.
    The rune on Doe's back absorbed every drop of energy Abraxas had put out, combined with the imbalance caused by Doe's own anxiety and discomfort, it expelled the magic back at Abraxas by five-fold. An angry wave of dark magic and malice raced through Doe's arm and hit Abraxas with enough force to knock him back several feet should he not be prepared for it. Doe yelped at the sensation, which felt as if he had been given a really bad static shock. He looked at Abraxas surprised, before his eyes became clouded a haziness. His head became filled with a fog, seeing things and hearing words yet not processing any of it. He could feel a faint throbbing inside his head. His thoughts became muffled.
    He... He needed to get out of here.
    Doe's eyes turned back look at Abraxas and Evelyn, though he seemed to stare right though them.
    "I.. Uh."
    He grappled desperately at his mind to put together a coherent sentence.
    "E-Excuse me, i-i need to sit down for a minute.."
    He finally managed to say, without waiting for an answer he hurriedly left the conversation. He made his way to the nearest table and sat down. Doe took a deep breath and buried his head into his hands as he tried again to piece together his shattered mind.

• The Colonel nodded at Taranis' words. The word Hell conjured the fields of Verdun. The Meuse-Argonne Offensive. The stench of blood and death, gunpowder and mustard gas. Broken and bleeding bodies. A plea for help, and a terrible curse. He had been to Hell once, on a mission. He had found it tame compared to those fields. In all of his experiences, he had never seen anyone so creative at torturing and killing people as humanity had proven to be. Still, he understood that it must hold terrible horrors for the Twins, and he was glad they were out now.
    "My powers came when I turned twelve. I went from being a scrawny kid to running down deer and pulling a plow by myself. It was quite the transition to make, let me tell you. I remember grandfather introducing me to a business partner, and I crushed his hand. Needless to say, he did not allow me to shake hands again for a while after that. Control is a tricky and fleeting thing. It sounds to me like what you need is to stop focusing on the negative, and make a plan. Heck, it may even help you find some hobbies you like. So what do you say, Kid? You want to train with an old fossil? I promise you, I have a bit of experience dealing with out of control powers," he said, giving a barking laugh.

Zee flushed lightly at the praise their cooking gained. They weren't used to compliments on their food, having only really cooked for and with family. "Thanks."

Zee watched the two bounce collaboration ideas between themselves, opting to resume eating seeing as they had no skills useful in this instance. When Strunmir's work in progress was revealed however, Zee placed their fork down to lean across the table to get a better look.

They glanced from the half-finished dragon to the man holding it several times, a contemplative look on their face. Zee hummed. "Yeh, I can see it. She get you into crocheting, or teach you or whatever?"

DovahBeat DovahBeat
Veil Walker Veil Walker

Bran studied the yarn figure carefully for a moment, before lightly tapping a finger on the snot of the dragon.
"Boop," he said, lightly giggling. His face darkened again at the mention of not living up to the expectations of others. He was too used to being a disappointment not to know that feeling. He was still struggling with the idea that those who were supposed to love unconditionally could turn so quickly upon their child, just for wanting a different life. Glancing at the dragon again, he took in all the little details.
"Hmm, if I'm not mistaken, this is based off of a Scandinavian Blue. The head crests are enough of a giveaway. This is more detailed than I was expecting. You do good work, and good work should never make you feel embarrassed." With another wolflike smile, he took another bite of Zee's mushroom burger.
"I might need a recipe for these, I think I am hooked, as you say." He gave a warm chuckle, before the smile slipped from his face. He felt tingles like thousands of needles on his skin, just before Abraxas' display. He grimly muttered:
"Dark magic," before quietly resuming his eating. His posture and positioning had changed to an alert, almost predatory attitude.

• Strunmir nodded to Zee, confirming her question.
    "Yeah, she taught me, in the little time we had together."
    He then smiled as Bran booped the plush dragon's snout, and the expression quickly turned impressed at the mention of the species.
    "You sure know your dragons, impressive. Between hunting and poaching, there aren't many of us left, kinda surprising that you knew. And thank you! I had to redo the crests about five times to get them just right, it was a challenge to get them looking right at such a small scale."
    As soon as he finished talking, it seemed to hit him, dark magic. He shuddered at the sensation, now unsettled by what he had sensed.
    "... What's dark magic doing here? I thought this was supposed to be a safe place...?"

Veil Walker Veil Walker Indigo Knight Indigo Knight

John Doe Langley

You--
    You are...?
    ...You don't have a name.
    You lost it. It was torn from your hands by misfortune, and held out of reach by unknown fate. You are but a nameless face, a person whose identity has been shattered, and memories scattered to the wind. Pieces which may never be found again, yet you still try, because what else is there to do? What else do you have to lose?
    Nothing.
    Because its already gone.

Yo̴u ̵are ̴Jo̵hn̸ D̷o̶e̶

Doe opened his eyes at the sound of a glass hitting his table. The static that had been buzzing in his mind went quiet, leaving him in a eerie, almost surreal silence. When he finally lifted his head from his hands, he saw the glass of lemonade. Doe looked around, searching for the person who placed it by him, and saw no one. He looked back at Evelyn, who was still standing by the food table, Abraxas was no where in sight. If he didn't know any better, he would have thought he imagined the entire conversation. The only indication he had ever been over there was the baffled and uncomfortable expression etched into the woman's face.
    ...Discomfort he caused.
    Doe tore his gaze away from Evelyn before she could notice him staring. The pit in his stomach felt heavy. His mouth felt dry. Doe's eyes fell on the glass of lemonade again, condensation had started to form on the outside of the glass. He still didn't know where it came from or who put it there, but he felt too tired to care. Doe hesitated only a moment longer before picking the glass up and taking a sip. It was cold. refreshing. Doe's sipping turned into gulping as it set in just how thirsty he had been. He drained the glass dry before setting it down again. The drink cleared the remaining static from Doe's mind. He watched idly as the other residents mingled with each other. What should he do now? Evelyn was still at the snack table, so he couldn't get food, he didn't exactly feel up to talking with anyone else...
    Maybe he should just go home?

As Doe was thinking of going home, another guest had only just arrived. Albatross had wandered into the area, drawn in by the scent of her owner and delicious food. She lurked under the tables, searching for lost scraps or someone to give her attention. Eventually, a familiar, mouth-watering scent caught her attention. Fish. Just like the fish she found last week but never got to eat. The cat followed the scent to the table where Strunmir, Zee and Bran were sitting. The cat sat at their feet and listened them talk for a moment, choosing to leap up onto the table at the first mention of 'dark magic' and attempt to swipe a tasty morsel of tuna from one of their plates.
    That fish wasn't going to escape her this time.

Evelyn

Interactions: Blaklyte Blaklyte (Doe) Veil Walker Veil Walker (Abraxas)
Mood: Confused

The knockback of magic hadn't just caught Abraxas (And seemingly Doe) unaware. The shock and flash of light flashed over Evelyn, and she instinctivley put her arms over her face to cover them as the stumbled back a few steps. Without the luxury of magical ward she looked over her forearms, parts of the skin sizzling and magically charred. She winced as the flesh began to quickly knit itself back together, pale skin growing at an unatural rate to fix the damage, but the sizzle still remained. This level of healing, her cells performing a task that they hadn't had to for...god knew how long. It brought back unpleasant memories. She flexed her hand experimentally, testing the muscle.

Doe was already excusing himself when she came to, and seemed to look very...remorsful? Had he done this on purpose or by accident? Before she had the opportunity to question Abraxas, he was also muttering, fnneling some kind of magic she didn't recognise into a bangle. "So that's normal?" she questioned, but Abraxas seemed more focused on making sure Doe was alright. Evelyn's eyes narrowed. He clearly knew the man more than he'd let on, and she watched as he fetched Doe antoher drink before moving away to his own seat.

She continued staring at Doe, trying to piece together anything from his reaction, but he seemed almost in shock as he took a drink, then seemed to down the rest of it. Electing to avoid talking to him again for now, partly out of fear, she made her way into the midst of the party, in an attempt to mingle with some of her other new neighbours. Doe looked like he needed a break anyway.

Bran flushed a deep red at the realization of his folly. He had been taught how to identify most dragons, wyrms and drakes at a distance. The best way to hunt them. Their strengths and weaknesses. And now if he was not mistaken, he had just about admitted to being from a clan of dragons to a dragon. His mind tried to fully process the situation, and he took a deep breath for a moment, considering his next words carefully. He remembered his grandfather's words. The one person who had supported and been proud of his decision to leave:
'Withholding the truth from those you wish to be friends is the refuge of liars, cheats and thieves. You are a descendant of Sigurd, and should act accordingly.' Bran took another deep breath, readying himself to tell the table the truth. He was all but certain that they would want nothing to do with him after, but he had grown so tired of hiding. He was interrupted, however, by a black shape peering over the top of the table. Bran was only just in time to stop his initial reaction, violence born of years of training, as he realized it was simply a hungry cat. He laughed as it snatched a mouthful of fish from his plate, grateful for the break in tension.
"Hello, Little Scritchling," he said, scooping another, larger morsel of fish into his hand and offering it to the cat.
"It would seem we have overlooked a hungry guest, no?" His eyes twinkled at his companions, seeming to have recovered from the previous seriousness.
"It is good you are the only pet out tonight, Little One. Pierogi might mistake you for a smaller than normal seal." Bran scanned the area.
"I wonder who this Scritchling belongs to? Or is that who belongs to this Scritchling," he asked, giving the cat a warm smile.

If Phillips had not noticed the simple headshake from Abraxas, he might have killed the redheaded Doe. Seeing the mage fight off what looked like a magical attack sent the soldier's senses into overdrive. The table cracked for a moment as he reacted, before slightly relaxing. He took a steadying breath, sitting all the way back into his chair before directing his attention back to the boys. In his current state, he was less patient than he might other have been, and it took his will not to snap at Taranis.
"Well Kid, the choice is yours. I just figured I would give you some more options than you might have thought you had. No skin off my nose if you do not wish to utilize my talents." The Colonel shrugged, sipping on his adult juice.
Meanwhile, Abraxas sat, deep in thought with a very dark expression. His hands flickered in front of him, more and more complex sigils appearing in front of him. Each time he brings them up, they seem to shred apart before they can fully coalesce. His eyes flicked over to Macey, his eyes glowing lightly lavender as he regarded the skeleton with as serious a look as she had ever seen him wear.
"Nothing good, Macey. Nothing good at all." He continues his permutations, before he glares ahead of him and mutters just a single thing in a bitter voice.
"Puck," he states, his voice almost a growl. Before anything else can happen, the whole warded dome turns black as some magical force strains at the barrier in an attempt to get in. The wards hold, but everything inside the warded dome turns unnaturally dark, as though all the light in the world goes away. In an instant, Abraxas jumps to his feet, shedding a soft light that seems to fill those closest to him with hope. The Colonel leapt to his feet, drawing his sword in a smooth, well practiced motion. The blade itself casts a warm light that feels uncomfortable to the Twins as well as Evelyn.
"Stay close, Boys," he growls, his eyes swiveling as he waits for the threat to emerge. With a thunderous boom, a bright red sigil of the Hunter's appears in the sky right above the gathering. With complicated hand motions, Abraxas flicks his own magics out at the sigil. A streak of flaming light shoots off from the sigil off to the west. Before Abraxas can relay instructions, the shape of a massive bat flicked out across the sky. The feeling of ancient hunger spreads under the shadow before it vanishes off into the west. Soft groaning noises come from the east, as a large group of undead begin battering at the warded dome. Broken Sword is now under attack.

John Doe Langley

Albatross's eyes widened at the sight of the fish, it was gone the second Bran held it out to her. Had it not been for her soft pudgy tummy and shiny coat, one could assume she was being starved to death. She let out a soft chirp and rubbed a cheek against the man's hand as thanks. However she wasn't done yet, still hungry for more, she began to eye Strunmir's plate. Albatross remained still, her golden eyes carefully calculating her next move. Before she could react however, the light within the dome went out. The cat's demeanor shifted instantly, now poised and alert. Her eyes flicked to the sky at the sound of the hunter's sigil being fired. Her pupils retracted into thin slits and she hissed at the air. She seemed to have completely forgot about the fish as she leapt off the table and made a beeline straight for Doe.

Doe jumped as the lights in the dome flickered then went out. He looked around in a panic, his bright green eyes stood out starkly against the pitch black. Despite their unnatural glow, they gave off no light, and Doe struggled to see anything in the dark. He had to stifle a scream as he heard something land on his table, He was about to jump and back away when he heard the familiar meow of his feline companion and felt tiny paws push on his chest. He let out a sigh of relief.
    "H-hey?! Is everyone alright?! Whats goin' on?!"

Doe felt around the table for his cat, then lifted Albatross up and put her against his shoulders, Albatross then pulled herself up, balancing carefully on his shoulders as Doe looked around.

Zee nodded slightly at Bran's statement. "I'll link it to you. I figured I'd try a different recipe than usual 'cause I forgot to grab some of my usual spices. Or I could copy it onto a card if you'd prefer."

Suddenly, a cat jumped on the table, nearly knocking Zee's plate to the ground. "Oi! Who's your person, pretty fluff-butt? Someone needs to teach you some manners." Despite their chiding words and tone, Zee reached over to scratch gently behind the feline's ears. Though they pulled their hand back as she stiffened and hissed.

As things turn dark, Zee fumbled in their bag, grabbing, snapping, shaking, and depositing half a dozen glow-sticks onto the table, as well as offering headlamps to their table mates. Their hands shook as they did so, and their only explanation if anyone asks would be "It's dark out."

Their heart beat pounded in their ears as the unfamiliar situation seemed to worsen by the second, if the very realistic zombie sounds were any indication. They took note of various other people pulling out weapons and swore under their breath. Leaning down, they dug a good sized rock from the ground. Afterwards, they pulled a scrap strip of denim from the pocket and a few safety pins from the hem of their shirt. They made a pocket at the end of the denim strip and placed the rock inside, securing it with the last safety pin. "What the heck is going on?"

Veil Walker Veil Walker
DovahBeat DovahBeat

Evelyn

Interactions: Open, anyone interested in Undead
Mood: Alert

As the tension began to subside and Doe's incident faded to the back of her mind, it was raised once more as the dome around Evelyn and the rest of the Broken Sword inhabitants quivered under the assault of a formidable magical force. Looking in confusion to Abraxas, Evelyn noted he was engaged in some sort of magical puzzle solving, glyphs and wards she scarcely recognised dancing across his fingertips. The entire structure darkened, absorbing all light and casting an unnerving shadow over the enclosed space. Evelyn would've almost welcomed it were it not the forboding prescenes it foretold. The mage had jumped to his feet, radiating a warm glow. His associate also drew a blade she hadn't realised he was carrying, it's light somewhat uncomfortable, and Evelyn felt a hot flush as it's light pushed against her skin.

Just then, a streak of flaming light erupted from a sigil etched to the west, catching her attention. She vaguley recognised the symbol, but not enough to be able to know it's source. At the same time, colossal bat-like creature swooped across the sky, its ancient hunger palpable to the vampire even from a distance. With a menacing presence, it disappeared into the western horizon. However, there was no time to dwell on this sight as a cacophony of groans emerged from the east. Even from this distance Evelyn could smell the rotting stench of the undead, driven by relentless determination. The monsters began relentlessly battering against the warded dome, seeking to break through the magical barriers and invade the sheltered sanctuary.

In the immediate aftermath, Doe seemed fine, and she gave a quick double take at his glowing eyes in the dark. No way was he just a human. Slightly more surprising was the skelteon that seemed to shed a human form. Literally just a skeleton. That seemed very excited to fight. Antoher figure she didn't recognise was handing out glow sticks, seemingly preparing for a rave. Evelyn had never been to a rave, maybe this was how they were supposed to start? She forwned, attention on the undead, and sent one last apologetic look at Doe before he realised how many "freaks" he was keeping company with.

She crouched low, muscles coiled like springs, and exploded upwards, legs extended, and landed gracefully with little sound on the roof, exerting one final burst of energy to job to the peak of the building.leapt onto one of the house's nearby rooves, attempting to get a better view of the undead to the East.

• Strunmir tensed as the world went dark, and the sounds of the undead were heard.
    "Well, shit." He grumbled before shedding his glamour in preparation for a fight.

Indigo Knight Indigo Knight
    Veil Walker Veil Walker

+-Abraxas narrowed his eyes at the attack, his eyes glowing as he watched the assault on his wards. ?He let out a quiet scoff as he watched the honestly pitiful attempt to breach his community. Even as five Hunter mages stepped forward, he had confidence in his wards. Each inch of his dome had hundreds on incredibly complex and thorough wards. He was happy for his residents to think he was a fool, butt he would be damned if they weren't protected. Those close to him would notice the slightest sliver of a smile as he saw how futile of an attack would be. That smile faded as the earth began to tremble. He witnessed, almost in slow motion as parting the mages and the army of the undead, a massive demon with an axe strode forward with a blood stained axe. Suddenly, Abraxas did what no resident had ever seen him do: He began sprinting full tilt towards that section of the dome as the demon lifted its axe. It slammed it down as he had nearly reached it. The axe shattered a section of the dome, the undead pouring in. They completely ignored Abraxas as he and the demon began a massive magical duel against each other. While the demon stood 12 feet tall, Abraxas wasn't even half that, firing spells in the shadow of his opponent.

The Colonel was official done with Taranis' attitude, and it showed in his barked remark.
"Honestly, right now, Kid? What you want is out the window!" As the undead approached, Phillips entered fight mode. His blade struck out, tho0ugh at normal speed. At one point, a zombie entered biting range of the Twins. With a flick of his sword, Phillips cut the head off and then flicked it away. Suddenly, Phillips' attitude shifted. His shoulders set. His sword flicked out faster and faster as he fought in lethal patterns. The Twins had no way of knowing, but the greatest soldier of his generation had gone to war on their behalf. His speed moved faster and faster. The Twins had seen him moving at a lesser speed, but now he began to flicker as his speed increased to superhuman levels and he blurred. He became poetry in motion, a wall of death as the length between the undead and the Twins began to increase.
'One foot. Not enough'
'Two foot... More space.'
'Three foot. NOW.'
The Colonel dropped into an old fencing stance called 'Man on the Wall' as his feet slowed their movement but his sword hand sped up as he prevented the undead from getting close to the Twins.

Evelyn

Interactions: Open

Despite the long life she had lived and the effort she'd made for normalcy with what she was, sometimes Evelyn could acknolwedge a desire to just go feral. She watched as Abraxas went sprinting toward the edge of the dome, and went to follow, but paused. The people here would likely be less effective at defendning themselves, epseically ones not so willing to run headfirst into danger. The mage would be fine. Probably.

The old man's blade shone with an uncomfortably light, but Evelyn found quarter with more undead slightly out of the glowing blade's radius. The main advantage of being dead was the undead weren't really a threat anymore, they were more just an inconvienece, or embarrassing cousin. Bone and flesh and gristle cut through the air as she punched and clawed her way through the monsters, intended to carve a path to safety out of the area to somewhere slightly more defensible.

John Doe Langley

One minute there was nothing. The next he was up to his waist in... in... What even were these things?! Suddenly Doe found himself fased with shadowy figures that reeked of rotting flesh. Doe tried not to let his trembling trip him up as he started to back away from the snarling creatures that lunged at him. Albatross hissed and snarled at the zombies, her claws dug into his shoulder as she held her ground against the things that had began to lunge and claw at them. A flash of light from The Colonel's sword would occasionally illuminate the area he was in, and he would get a glimpse at one of their disfigured faces. It was a sight that made his stomach curdle. Unfortunately there was no time for him to be sick, he had no weapon to fight these things off.
    Doe screamed as one of the creatures grabbed his arm, Albatross let out an angry yowl before launching off his shoulder and at the offending creature's face. He willed his legs to move faster, move away but they refused, weak and wobbly with fear, all he achieved was falling over himself. Doe's heart pounded in his chest, which felt tight, and made it impossible for him to breath. This was the end. He was going to die wasn't he?? He should have just ignored that flier. He should've just ignored the cat. He shouldn't have come here. Why did he have to come here?!

Zee took a steadying breath, lightly tossing the denim-encased rock, testing the weight. It was about the size as a baseball, lighter than they were used to, but it would have do.

Zee pulled their arm back and hurled the projectile around the feet of the nearest zombie, pulling them down. The resulting topple made Zee grin as they yanked the denim, freeing the rock to fly towards them, catching the weapon and proceeding to curb-stomp the downed zombie's face. Yeah.... They're definitely going to need a new pair of steel toes after this. There's no getting that gunk out.

• Strunmir swatted at the zombies with mostly his tail and claws, trying to avoid biting them on account of it being gross. But, when in a survival situation, you don't really get that choice. Any zombie that got too close to his face got bitten and shredded to bits.

Veil Walker Veil Walker Indigo Knight Indigo Knight

Bran was too busy to notice the dragon fighting next to him, otherwise he might have felt a deep sense of panic. The undead were less bothersome to him. He had grown up in the frozen tundra of Siberia, and he knew all about draugrs. Now as someone who burned with an inward feeling of life, he found himself swarmed with grabbing hands and snarling teeth. He took a moment to force the sleeping monster down as far as possible. The last thing these people needed was for him to go into a rage. His two natures grappled and argued philosophy. Was the goal of pacifism to be non violent, or simply to cause no harm? There were creatures who had not asked for this. Forced into service to attack at the will of others. He winced internally as what looked to be a half decomposed old woman was turned to ash by a lightning strike, and decided his conscience could handle a little more. He began to smash his way through, catching clenching jaws on his forearms as he waded towards him. Before he could get to him, however, the ground shook beneath his feet. With a cry of:
"FOR THE REBELLION" dozens of gnomes came pouring out of the ground with what looked to be lawn tools modified as weapons of war. They surrounded the redhead in a protective ring, scythes and limb saws making up a deadly perimeter.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Abraxas had thrown everything but the kitchen sink at this demon, and it had basically smiled at him, taunting him by invoking whispers of doubt. He normally would have berated himself for not having seen this coming, but things like this didn't happen. There were magical Laws and Agreements in place, and besides that, no Champion of Hell would band together with necromancers. Something was seriously wrong here. Abraxas had to hold his position as he dueled, a mix of blood and other gore from the undead stupid enough to get in the middle of this magical prizefight littering the ground. Abraxas clenched his teeth. He was losing. Honestly, if the voices were to be believed (which they never should be) he had lost already. His mind spun through spells, getting more and more complicated before the answer came to him. Not more complicated. Stupidly simple. Emphasis on stupid. Charging forward, he began intoning a very simple spell. He dove at the Molydeus, avoiding its second head and hitting its chest as he finished the last few words.
"Kel'arth en'huil!" With a clap of brilliant white light, both Abraxas and the demon vanished.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Even an accomplished swordsman like the Colonel couldn't take on the whole world, and he knew it. The wrist of his dress shirt was slick with blood as a lucky claw had nicked him there. IT was more of a fight now to hold onto his sword as the blood from the undead and his sweat coated the hilt. He hated to admit it, but he could really use some help. He had just had that thought when the unfortunate smell of ozone filled the air and a lightning bolt whizzed past his head, turning one of his opponents to ash. He spared the briefest glance back, shooting his wolfish smile at the boys. Seeing his attention slip, one of the ghouls slashed him across the belly. Instead of the opening their controllers thought it would create, this sent new energy into him and he threw the front rank assailing him into the back with a grunt. He gazed around him at the pandemonium as the residents he had promised to protect took up arms beside him. Turning his attention to Nyx, he shouted:
"Hey you with the wings! If you can fly, now is the time to do it! These things are pretty landlocked, so I could use some air support!" His attention flicked to the big guy, who was handling it, and the little redhead who he had thought would be dead by now. Instead he witnessed a group of gnomes save him.
"Huh," he muttered, before hollering:
"Atith a nur brjosta! (Protect the little one.) The gnomes let out a cheer and chants of
"Price" filled the air. His eyes went wide as he watched Abraxas launch himself at the demon, before vanishing.
"Aw no," he breathed out. Shaking himself out of what appeared to be yet another battlefield loss, he stepped back to the Twins' position, putting one on either side of him.
"I know it looks bad, but we have to hold. You got it?" He gave each boy an intense look in the eyes, before turning to the last residential combatant. He watched as what had appeared to be a well dressed young woman tear into flesh and bone with her bare hands.
"Not to be that type of man, ma'am, but can I offer you a weapon" he asked, flicking a wicked short sword from under his long coat.

Zee snarled in disgust as rancid blood splattered on not only their shoes, but also their face. Their pendent snagged on a nearby zombie's hand, cracking it and revealing their wings underneath their shirt. Reaching back behind them, Zee tore their wings free from the fabric, using them as a type of battering ram to gain more space for curb stomping.

Another flick of their wrist sent Zee's improvised bolo rope around the feet of another zombie, though this one was trampled under Strunmir's back legs before they could dispatch the zombie themselves. They felt feathers snag from another that snuck up behind them. Zee spun around and quickly rid the earth of the zombie's existence, but not before losing a few feathers. Thankfully not primary ones, those were a pain to grow back.

A shout gained their attention, and they huffed in annoyance at the question. "If I could, believe me, I would. Don't enjoy being plucked like a turkey by rot for brains."

With two extra limbs, Zee had a hand free to dig in their pocket. There had to be SOMETHING else useful in the odd interdimensional spaces they could create using their various pockets. Something they forgot they had... Suddenly, Zee's hand brushed something metallic. A pair of old fabric shears. With a maniacal grin, they pulled it out of their back pocket. Now they would make some leeway. Zee began slashing.

Veil Walker Veil Walker

Users who are viewing this thread

Back