• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Broken I bow to the Beast inside

Joseph twitched some in his sleep before jolting awake. He panted some before wiping sweat from his face shaking a bit. His nightmares had been growing worse lately, they hadn't been this bad in nearly 6 years. He looked over at the sleeping figure beside him and instantly relaxed some. His mate, his true mate layed beside him. She was his gift, his true savior. He would be dead or a true monster if he hadn't met her when he did.

Max wandered around the wooded area of her new town taking photos where she saw fit. It was beautiful there and just what she needed. The city life had grown to be too much for her and after a small mental break with her last job she realized she needed out. So she packed her things and came to this tiny town, population less than half of the city but not too small where barely anyone was there. She sighed happily as she continued to wander going wide eyed when she stumbled upon a giant what looked to be abandoned mansion. She wondered why it was all the way out here, but none the less it was beautiful and she wanted photos of it; atleast from the outside.

Carmen rolled in closer when she felt him moving around, slowly reaching a hand over as the jolt had woken her up as well and just took his hand. “You okay?” She mumbled tiredly, worried about him lately with how stressed he had been. “Just a dream love.” She mumbled and gently tugged on his hand to pull him back down to her. As much as he had tried to hide it she knew he was getting worse and it broke her knowing there wasn’t much she could do to help him out of it.

Serge was making the rounds with a pack mate when they picked up the scent, distinctly human and far too close for their liking. In all the time they had been there the people of the town knew better than to come anywhere near their land. A few people surely had guessed but the rest just dismissed them as being a weird cult so having this scent this close, was making him uncomfortable. “We have company.” He muttered, heading in that direction to check out what was going on. Something was drawing him closer and something had him feeling on edge with this.

Joseph moved to lay back with her cuddling close "Just a dream.." he whispered before closing his eyes again. His nightmares consisted of his ex, and the truely horrendous things she would convince him to do to others. He thought he was in love, thought himself special to mate with a witch, but it was all a curse. A curse she had placed on him out of sheer fun and games. It had broken though when he met Carmen though, or so they thought. Recently it was seeming as though it might be some how coming back.

Max smiled softly as she continued to take her photos not hearing anythimg behind her. She was oblivious at this point,lost in her own amazement and adoration for the sights before her.

Danny frowned as he walked with Serge to follow the scent "Someone has a death wish." He muttered as they got closer to their home. He started to show his fangs as he saw the woman taking photos of their home "She's dead..and I call it." He snarled quietly

She frowned again and just pushed into him a little more. “I’ve got breakfast duty. Then we’re gonna take a walk.” She mumbled to him and buried her face into his chest. She had come to the pack a few years ago now when hers had fallen apart thanks to in fighting and she’d been lucky enough to find her mate in the first one she joined.

He frowned and pushed his hand into Danny’s chest, blocking him from going any further. “No. Leave her be. She’s clearly not a local. Doesn’t know what she’s doing.” He muttered shaking his head as he stared at her, starting to feel the world disappear from around him. “We should head back in. Just send her away if she’s still there once everyone is up.” He told him, pulling rank for the first time in forever with any of the pack. He was 3rd seat but never acted like it so for him to do it now. Over a stranger. Something was screaming at him to keep this person safe.

Joseph groaned some but gave a small nod kissing the top of her head "Alright." He murmured softly keeping his eyes closed as he grounded himself with her comfort. "I love you." He whispered softly

Danny frowned as he pulled rank and stepped down "Alright..." he muttered before going back with him around so they wouldn't be seen.

Max frowned when she heard some rustling behind her drawing her from her entranced state. She quickly turned but saw nothing there "Must've been an animal." She said softly before she continued on her path and made her way away from the mansion.

She smiled tiredly and just lay quietly with him for the next half hour before she needed to get up. “Go take a shower babe. Eggs and bacon this morning.” She murmured and pecked his cheek, heading downstairs to go start sorting things out for everyone. “Morning boys.” She called as Danny and Serge both walked in. “Coffee is re- what’s wrong?” She asked them quietly.

Serge wasn’t listening as they got back in, heading straight up to his room to get changed and to go in to town. He wanted to see this woman again. But only from afar.

Lana looked over at her roommate when she walked into the apartment and frowned some. “You’ve been up way too early…. Where’d you go for photos today?” She asked her yawning some and going to sit down with her toast and coffee. She liked the girl but really she wasn’t ready for the small town life so Lana was doing her best to help her into it

Danny frowned a bit when Serge sent him a warning look. He shook his head at Carmen and gave a heavy sigh "Some local got a bit close to the border, nothing serious though. They went away soon after." He explained before grabbing a plate "How is Joe?" He asked growing concerned about his Alpha recently. He may not be actually ranked but he was still heavily trusted by the pack.

Max came home later on and smiled at her roommate. She was happy to have met her and that she was helping her get accustomed to the smaller town "Went to take some nature shots, they're always best right at dawn." She explained before going to make herself something to drink. "Hey did you know there is a huge abandoned mansion in the woods? Its beautiful!"

She smiled some and took a sip of her coffee almost spitting it out when she heard where she’d been. “Don’t do that again. It’s not safe up there.” She muttered. “Wolves roam the place,” she warned her not wanting to go into more detail

Carmen just shook her head. “More nightmares. Plus he’s been so tired and he just doesn’t look good. I’m taking him for a walk today. So if you need anything talk to Charlie.” She told him sighing a little and finished up breakfast then went to get Joe out of bed.

Max frowned a bit and gave a small nod "Oh I see. Well, I will definitely be more cautious if I go near there again." She said before sipping her drink. As the day progressed she made her way into town to go to the local market and set up shop. For now her job would be selling her photos around town, but she hoped to get something a bit more stable soon.

Joseph stepped out of the restroom as she came up and sighed softly "I'm up darling." He murmured before throwing a shirt on "Breakfast and then walk?" He asked softly before taking her downstairs. He greeted everyone as he made his plate taking note that Serge was nowhere to be seen. He stayed quiet for the rest of the time until he was walking with Carmen alone.

She frowned a little once they had made it down to the spot by the waterfall, taking a seat with him and slipped her arms around him. “I’m worried about you.” She told him quietly, pressing her forehead to his and frowning a little as she pulled back. “Jeez you’re burning up.” She mumbled.

He had been walking round town most of the morning until finally he spotted her and made his way closer, still keeping his distance though and watching her. It was one of the strangest feelings he’d ever had but everything in him was telling him to go closer and to stay close to her. It wasn’t even that he wanted to eat her he just wanted to be near her

Joseph sat with her and took deep breaths trying to keep himself under control "I need to hunt..." he whispered his pupils blown in his eyes as he stared at her. He hated hunting, always tried to put it off to the last minute because of his past. He closed his eyes tightly as pain started to course through him "Shit..." he muttered

Max sold what she could glancing around at everyone when she had some down time. She caught eyes with a man staring directly at her though as she did this. He was cute, but something was definitely different with him. She gave a soft smile and waved slightly at him wondering if maybe he would come over and talk to her.

She frowned and nodded, just trying to help coax him through it. “I’ll go with you okay?” She murmured, pecking his cheek just wishing he would stop doing this to himself especially since he had never really explained it all to her. She knew it had been bad and she knew he’d been hurt by the witch but she didn’t know a single detail.

Serge just continued to stare at her even after she waved, no sense at all that he was being even remotely creepy until his phone started buzzing with Danny’s number and he walked away to answer it.

Joseph frowned deeply shaking his head a bit "No....no you can't see me like that." He whispered taking a deep breath "I don't want to accidently hurt you." He murmured before pulling her in close "I'd never forgive myself..."

Danny frowned when he noticed the time and that Serge was still gone. He pulled out his phone and made a call hoping he wasn't doing something stupid "Serge, where the hell are you? You've been gone nearly five hours now."

She frowned and shook her head. “Fuck that. What if you get hurt and I don’t know where you are? You scare me when you get like this not because I think you’ll hurt me but I’m always scared you’re not gonna come back. Please Joe. Let me go with you.” She begged him quietly.

He frowned and shook his head. “I’m busy. I will be back later. Isn’t joe running things today?” He snapped a little, getting tired of having to cover for their alpha because he wasn’t doing good, ready for them to change up their leader. He looked back around towards where he had seen her and groaned. “Shit! Fine’ I am on my way.” He snapped

Joseph frowned deeply as he listened to her taking a deep breath "I said no." He said sternly before looking at her "I will not let you see the monster that I am..." he muttered

Danny frowned as he listened to him shaking his head some "Charlie is in charge. Joe isn't doing good man....like I think he is about to fall off." He explained before giving a heavy sigh as he listened to him down the line

She grit her teeth and pushed back some more "And I said I don't give a shit. I'm going with you." She told him seriously "You could never hurt me more than the way you do when you leave me scared shitless worried sick about you and never understanding what the fuck is going on!" she snapped at him. He'd never been this reserved before and it was scaring her/ Especially since it was only a couple months ago they had talked about starting to work on a family.

Serge muttered to himself once he hung up and started making his way back home, trying to catch that scent again but the crowdsn along with the rain had made it vanish into thin air but he was determined to try again later. He made it back in time to find Charlie and Danny talkingv in the kitchen "What's going on?" he muttered, noting everyone else was keeping to tthemselves for the day

Joseph stood up quickly glaring down at her "Come with me.." he muttered before he started to walk away and towards the local cemetary of the town. He had hoped to mever her show her this, the guilt and demons of his past but he was realizing now how he needed to.

Danny frowned as he turned to him "Joe is spiraling again....Charlie has been sniffing out for Cassandra but nothing has come up. He explained before taking a deep breath "If he goes off again...we'll have to change leader ship. We can't have him as alpha like that again."

She frowned and followed him, just worried sick about him and wanting to help but if he didn’t let her in she couldn’t do anything about it for him.

Serge frowned and sighed heavily. “We are not kicking him out though. No matter how bad it gets we cannot kick him to the curb.” He told them both seriously

Joseph walked quickly and soon led her to the back where there were an abundance of unmarked stones "I did this....she...she wouldn't let me put them to rest when I realized what I had done.." he said quietly before taking a shaky breath "More than half are children.." he whispered before letting out a small sob as the memories flooded him.

Danny shook his head some "No we won't but we are thinking Charlie needs to take over in his absense." He explained before giving a heavy sigh "That would make you second."

Carmen frowned and took a look around before going back to him and cupping his face, “I don’t believe for a minute that this was really you. I don’t believe for a minute that you would ever have done any of this if isn’t wasn’t for this crazy bitch I’ve heard about…. So let me help you. What is the point in having a mate if you aren’t goi g to let them help you.” She begged him gently. “And I’m not backing off until you agree.” She told him seriously.

Serge chuckled some before realising he was serious. “Oh shit… no. No I like my freedom. I don’t want more responsibility. Maybe you should do it Danny” he told him, grabbing an apple and munching on it.

He looked up at her and took a shaky breath giving a small nod "I didn't want to....I didn't murder them Carmen....she made me hunt them if they didn't work.." he whispered before hiding his face in her neck "I was a monster...and still am.." he whispered

Danny shook his head a bit at him "Afraid it doesn't work that way. I'm not even ranked and if I became ranked it would still be below you two." He explained giving a small chuckle "Best prepare to give up your free roaming hours."

She shook her head. “Joseph you are not. Listen to yourself. She made you do it. Come on. Let’s get you sorted. Cause you are going to make yourself so sick if you don’t go feed.” She murmured gently.

Serge chuckled and shook his head. “It’s not going to happen. Good luck.” He muttered giving them a mock salute and made his way up to his room to go shower.

Joseph took deep breaths giving a small nod to her to try and calm himself down "I loose control when I feed...I don't want you to get hurt." He said quietly keeping his eyes shut as he held her close to keep him grounded. He felt himself slipping, starting to slowly fall towards the madness he used to be consumed by.

Max went through her day feeling off. Ever since she saw the man at the market she felt different. He was all that was on her mind and she had seen him for less than a minute. Yet now his image was ingrained in her memory.

“You say this like I won’t tear you to pieces myself if you start laying hands on me. Come on. If you don’t feed you’re gonna start passing out and I’m not carrying your tall ass home from here.” She pointed out and finally coaxed him to shift, joining him shorty after that.

Lana frowned when she got back. “Hey… you okay? You seem a little out of it.” She mused. “You didn’t go back up there did you?” She questioned her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back