• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Colosseum Bring me a challenger! They be made a champion yet. (Fun Battle royal)

VaskarTheHunter

Fallen from the path once walked.
-Hello all. Ive been in a really nitty gritty brawling mood lately. I want my character to bring down the thunder and lightning.

-This is a jump in and join in the fun battle royal. Anyone can join at anytime. Even if my character is fighting someone else. Pick targets or try to team up against him. Whatever you want to do...However.

Rules: please no OP or Over the top characters. A little mythical power is fine with me. (They just might need it to stand against Velix) Just nothing like bringing a moon down on someone or something crazy like that. (If your character dies you can always make another and try again. Pssst. Its like hitting the reset button.)

Please be respectful of others. This is all for fun. If you have problems settle it somewhere else.

Adhere to the the handbook of this site. You all know the rules. Dont cross them.

And finally have fun. Let the battle commence!

*The arena is vast. A gladiator theme to it. The ground flat and marble. In the center of all this. A simple looking samurai, sipping tea from a small cup. Shall you face him or shall you wait for him to face you?*

Reed Boiyo ~ 100% HP
Reed Boiyo is a teenager who wields the power of the gaming armor system. This armor allows him to gain powers based on the characters of certain video game cartridges. However, he is only limited to using one character at a time which takes the form of weapons and slight changes in attire. He has a large arsenal of weaponry and powers stored in these cartridges. His current loadout:
-Weeb Chronicle(Default) -The default armor. Grants him 5 weapons; explosive sword-sais, a forcefield generating shield-jackhammer, a hammer-grenade launcher, a handgun-sniper rifle, and a two laser shooting orbs that orbit around him and can be thrown as explosives. These weapons have a slot where he can insert cartridges to increase their firepower or to activate unique abilities.
-Mighty Brothers XX - A special cartridge that splits the user into two--it also splits the user's HP into half. It is used in a special holder that is tapped to activate. When activated, the user retains his current armor and equipment in which they can change as they please.
-Team Fortress 2 - A Cartridge based on the Multiplayer Team Based Online game Team Fortress 2. The classes act like they're supposed to except they can only be activated when the class' main weapon is equipped.
-Touhou - A cartridge based on the PC Bullet Hell game series Touhou. He can only take on the characters that had been Protagonists in the mainline games such as Reimu, Marisa, Cirno, Sakuya, Youmu, and Sakuya. As a bullet hell, the characters will be represented by firearms and occasionally some melee and throwable weapons. Each protagonist has a 'bomb' that essentially acts as a burst. Some of them are large beams and blasts, while some act as short duration shields.
-Sonic Rivals - A Cartridge based on the racing action platform game for the PSP 'Sonic Rivals'. It is mostly a speed based cartridge that raises the user's speed to near mach speeds. Using specific characters allows him to use unique skill that can only be activated once.
Ultima State - A unique trait that arises when Reed is in lower health--It allows Reed to create pixels which are essentially cubes of electricity. He can form these pixels into whatever shape he wants; from small life forms to weapons. He can only maintain this state for a minimum of a few minutes to 30 minutes(4 to 10 posts)

Appearing in a cluster of purple pixels, a young teenager clad in a black hoodie, a red shirt, and black slacks and pimpin jordan brand shoes gets teleported in, the pixels disappearing as he is seen adjusting the metallic bands on wrists in which his left wrist houses some form of purple console with a gun-like cartridge inserted on the slot which faces inward. The teenager was clad in some form of minimalist armor--bearing only a large goggles attached to a headset, two small purple shoulders, kneepads and a silver chestplate with several buttons arranged in two circles with a monitor in the middle, displaying what would be a long bar that had a gradient from red to blue. He had a purple sword sheathed on his back which had a yellow crystal found on its' blocky hilt.

"So, what do we have to do...?" Reed asked, pulling up his arm and glanced at the purple console on his left forearm. It displayed the current objection;

>Eliminate the Enemies without the use of Super and Hyper Cartridges.

"Without Super and Hyper?" Reed repeated as he searched the holsters in his belt, finding that two of his most powerful cartridges are missing--Dew Charge and the Hyper Action Replay Charge On ULtimax(HARCOUL). "...DAMN!" He cried out as he knelt to the ground in agony, mourning the lost of his two most strongest gear. After a few seconds of silence he stood up and twisted his neck, stretching it as he then noticed a simple looking Samurai-dude sipping what is most likely japanese green tea. "So...I'm guessing you're the guy I have to beat?" He called out to the samurai, approaching him slowly and casually at that. "The name's Reed Boiyo--local gaming, world-traveling, Merc." He introduced himself as he swiped on his console, a bunch of holographic screens displaying some weapons that he could use that circled around him, stopping on a handgun which he tapped with his free hand while gripping the grip of his sword. "Shall we play, Samurai-dono?" He asked with a raised brow, drawing his blade as his gun materialized in his free hand, spinning it before aiming it towards the Samurai.

The samurai, Velix merely sat there as he watched the display this new warrior made. Arriving, then mourning the loss of something with his gear and now seemed ready to take him on.

The Samurai smiled softly as he was given the chance to finish his tea. Standing slowly, Velix bowed to the man that called himself Reed.

"Not many warriors would give me such time to enjoy my last bit of relaxation before letting me prepare for combat. Thank you good sir." Setting the japanese tea set away from them, Velix approached the challenger, a noginato, along with a black blade katana under the sash of his gia. "Just remember to have fun." He gave a warm smile before taking his stance gripping the handle of his trusted naginato.

"I am ready."

--Reed Boiyo ~ 100% HP, 0% Ultima Charge --
VaskarTheHunter VaskarTheHunter

"Let's start then!" Reed nodded as the samurai took his stance with a naginata polearm and a black bladed katana still sheated under his gi.He began to open fire; several small energy balls trailed with lasers shooting towards the samurai directly for a couple of seconds. As soon as he saw any movement that the Samurai was approaching him, Reed then strafed to the side and continued firing while moving to the side. A cheap strategy, but he wanted to see if this close ranged swordsman can reach him--If he could, that's the time when Reed would cross swords with the swordsman.

Sprinting immediately as the warrior began to fire upon him. Dodging the energy blast, Velix strafed to the side with him. But something was different as he closed in on the warrior. The black katana now missing from his gi. As Velix went to slash for his arm. Deadly precission was put into his strike as he akmed for the part where is armor looked weak to impact maximum damage. But as he did, he intended for him to be blocked as a shadow doppelganger with white eyes slashed for the warriors leg. Gripping the black blade katana. His shadow. Able to use his shadow as an ally made this fight much more interesting.

However the shadow was unable to go a long distance with Velix present.

Velix would jolt back incase they were both blocked or dodged and prepared for his next attack.

Reed Boiyo HP-93%

Ultima Charge

Seeing as the Samurai had dodged most of the shots, Reed adjusted his grip on sword and swiftly parried the naginata strike as soon as it was thrown, however, what he didn't expect was the other attack which seemingly came from below, hacking at his leg which caused him to wince as instead of bleeding, small blocky pixels came spewing out instead, disappearing as soon as they appeared.

'What's that supposed to be, a [Stand]*?' Reed thought as the Samurai hopped a distance from him once more, catching a glimpse on what it was that hit him--something pitch black with white eyes retreated into his shadow...Or was it his shadow to begin with? Regardless, the screens that allowed him to materialize a weapon appeared in front of him once more. Thinking that the Samurai's strategy would be to close in and attack with both his naginata and his shadow [Stand], Reed decided to attempt something fairly ridiculous. 'If that thing will always show up from below, then...' He let out a grin as he sheathed his blade on his back and then flung his hand to the side, where what would be a large, bulky, triangular long shield with a green gem in the front and a small glass window above it that is shatter-proof. The shield appears to curve triangularly at the end which then housed large rod with a blunt tipped drill on the bottom end. To the average man, this shield should be as heavy enough to impede his movement. However, to Reed, it weighs almost nothing as the system augments his strength to easily use his weapons swiftly and efficiently. The strength augmentation only applies to weapons, so punching people will still require the normal amount of strength augmentation.

Upon choosing, Reed then shot a couple of lasers towards the samurai before rushing at straight at him with the shield in front of him. Even when the Samurai dodged, Reed would continue to rush him, only turning around to do so. Reed opted for the Samurai to clash with the shield for his experiment to work, and when he did, Reed pulled on a trigger found behind the shield, causing the bottom drill to pump up and down rapidly, causing a small quake in the ground below them, cracking it bit by bit that would hopefully immobilize the shadow [Stand]

*A [Stand] is a manifestation of supernatural abilities in Jojo's Bizarre Adventure starting from Part 3. Only Stand Users can see Stands, but their power and strength can be felt by others. In an essence, it's a punch ghost.

(Good refference but not a stand. Hes more of the type of shadow doppelganger Vergil from the devil may cry franchise used. However it can go a few feet away from Velix at a time.)

Velix smiled as he watched Reed decide upon a strategy to take two of them on at once. However he would not say a shield would be capable of stopping them both. As the warrior rushed him, the samurai repeatedly dodged his brute force attempts. He waited for the opening. He was impressed on what the shield with the drill could do however. Almost knocking him off balance. It was a very good strategy. Leeping back a distance from the warrior, Velix held up his free hand to speak.

"An interesting tactic indeed. Fighting by what capabilities of mine you have seen thus far. But may i make a suggestion?" In that moment the shadow seemed to just walk right off of his form. Stopping a few feet away the doppelganger bowed before returning whole with the samurai. "If i were to have held you in place as you tried to over power me with that shield. My friend could have easy just stepped around us and lodged you through the chest." He gave a kind smile, giving the helpful information. "Its the right thing to be a good sport about this so i would say your best bet is to keep me at a distance. Long range is your best bet in defeating me. No one that has ever crossed swords with me walked away victorious."

Reed Boiyo HP-93%

Ultima Charge

Armor:

When the Samurai spoke, Reed stopped his ramming tactics and listened to what it seemed to a suggestion. It appears as if the shadow [Stand](He calls it that) can materialize into a black silhouette that is his shadow, but with the white glowing eyes he saw when it retreated. Its' materialization seem to come from behind, yet it looks like it could phase through solid objects. He even gave a tip that the best strategy is to fight in a distance.

"Wow. I never expected you to give a tip on how to beat you. How bout I give a bit of mine?" Reed widened his eyes as he moved his shield away to the side, the gun in his hand tapping on his chest. "If this here meter goes to a quarter, you're gonna see something amazing." He said as his the hand that housed the shield took out what would be a white cartridge shaped like a gun's handle and trigger, with what appears to be a clear USB drive. He then shoved the cartridge's drive into the gun's barrel, which housed a large enough to fit it.

LOADING!

"Oh, one more word of advice." Reed spoke as he slammed on the big red button found on the middle of the gun's rather large barrel. He then aimed the gun at the Samurai. "I suggest you start moving fast."

TOUHOU! DANMAKU SHOT!

Pulling the trigger, a large ball of pink energy shot out of the gun towards the samurai, leaving several smaller energy balls in it's wake that seem to spread out and retain its' form after the shot had travelled. Wherever the shot had landed, an large explosion will spawn a large amount of small energy balls that'll bounce around and even combine with the trailed energy balls from before. However, one would take note that the smaller balls will disappear in a span of a minute or two.(1-2 posts)

Velix smiled as the warrior was surprised with his curtosy. Most warriors would give no word and let their enemy blindly defend or attack as they thought fit. Leaving room for nothing but failure upon the opponent. He was not like any other warrior. Waving his hand back and forth the samurai spoke in a humerous manner.

"Honestly i want to enjoy this brawl of ours. Wouldnt be any fun if i didnt get to see what you can really do and vice-versa." But as Reed spoke of the meter in the center of his chest, Velix could tell it didnt mean anything good for him. In facr perhaps something that would best him. "We shall see then."

With that said he watched as the warrior retrieved another unique weapon. With the warrior telling him it best to run. The samurai chuckled softky as he took his stance. At the sound of it he was going to fire a finisher straight at him. With the gun like device blasting at him it was time to show why this was his arena. "Lets go shadow!" Rushing for a moment straight toward the large energy ball he then used his shadow as a jump pad of sorts. Springing off of his shoulder and over the energy blast. Although his shadow could faze, he was still able to wield a sword. Meaning he could also hit and perform in a solid state. Making it over the energy blast with precision, Velix then slid right past Reed using a bushido technique to slice a small cut on his left bicep.

Standing up straight the samurai smiled and breathed with relief. "Thought i was toast there for a moment" he laughed as he would whip around to slice in an upward arch towards Reed. As he did though he then noticed the bouncing orbs of energy. Jolting back he managed to dodge a couple and with the help of his shadow, parry the third.

Musashi looked at the two combatants from a fair distance away. She was waiting patiently for her turn to fight.

Reed Boiyo HP-90%

Ultima Charge

--TOUHOU:Character Class Reimu Hakurei--
VaskarTheHunter VaskarTheHunter Gundam Watcher 27 Gundam Watcher 27

As the Samurai dodged the energy balls like someone who had just finished the first nonspell of the stage boss of every Touhou game, Reed prompted his shield up when he saw the samurai running towards him and swinging his sword in an attempt to slice out his left bicep. The fact that his gun is in his left arm made it pretty clear that the slice hit its' mark On the corner of his eye, he saw the energy balls that bounced around behind him had finally spread to this area, prompting the Samurai to dodge first and attack later. Long distance attacks really is his weakness, isn't it? With a grin, Reed aimed the gun at the floor as he jumped. He then pulled the trigger and fired three more pink energy balls directly below him, the force of the explosion propelling him high in the air. As the pink energy balls exploded into more balls that spread widely all across the arena, including the air, Reed discarded both his shield and his gun, taking only the white cartridge that he inserted there. While falling, Reed took out the purple cartridge that was in the console in his arm and placed it at his belt. He then pressed the trigger on the white cartridge, it's clear usb drive shining pink light.

TOUHOU!

The cartridge announced as a screen appeared behind Reed, a field erupted from the cartridge spread to a great radius around him, causing every object it touches to be highlighted in pixels for a second. Reed then slammed it right at the slot where the purple cartridge once laid and pressed the red button on it's tip.

"Danmaku Dai-Henshin!" Reed announced as his outfit underneath the armor began to glow, highlighting in pixels as several screens showing busts of several women circled Reed, prompting him to flung his arm forward to pick one at random. In a flash, his outfit changed into what's essentially a miko, except accessorized with a yellow cravat on the collar, a handgun with a large barrel with what appears to be talismans plastered all over it and a gohei materializing as they circled around him. Upon the outfit change, Reed is noticeably floating in the air. As he grabbed the handgun and the gohei, two orbs of yin and yang appeared beside him. He spun the gun in his hand as he maneuvered through the field of bullets that he had created, checking to see if the Samurai had managed to survive the sudden explosion of energy balls.

Velix was caught off guard for sure as he did not expect the warrior to fire such a barrage that close to himself. If he had not used a trick of propelling himself into the air, Reed would have surely recieved some damage. But in that moment it was the samurai who took the hit. The blast sent him flying back as he put his hands infront of his chest. In mere seconds he slammed into the wall of the arena. But as he regained his focus, Velix looked behind him to see his shadow had formed a cushion for the blow. Adjusting himself, he and his shadow bowed to one another. As the warrior created more balls of energy from the blast, he noticed as the ones from the previous blast began to fade away. 'Its all about timing.' He smirked as he recognized the flaw in such a useful weapon.

But as he looked onward to the warrior he was surprised to see the changed form Reed had taken. Taking but a moment to watch not only the warrior but the constant projectiles, he began to see the pattern in the chaos. "I see now. It is confusing when you look at it in a panic. But once the water settles you will notice the slightest flaws on its surface." Velix was ready now as he held the naginato over his head in a stance meant for an attack from any direction in front of him. As he did this the shadow seemed to symmetrically mimmic his movements. Like a mirror image. "Lets go." Sprinting at full speed, the samurai dodged and parried the orbs as they came into his line of sight with each graceful stroke meant to shield himself from the constant barrage of balls. The shadow doppelganger performing the same motion in unison, as he ran a few feet to Velix's right side. Aprroaching the warrior now, Velix would be the first to leap at him swinging in an downward motion for his neck in order to make him block high. As his shadow would swing in a cross motion for his torso.

Reed Boiyo HP-81%

Ultima Charge

'Looks like he got the pattern down.' Reed grinned as the samurai appeared to have an epiphany about the panic inducing spread attack known as the 'Bullet Hell' genre of video games. As the samurai and his shadow made their way towards him, Reed gripped the gohei as if it was a baton. Reed aimed the talisman covered gun and open fired in between the two, shooting off pairs of spiritually charged talismans in rapid speeds akin to submachinegun bullets. Along with the talismans being fired, the yinyang orbs that floated on Reed's side fired off small waves towards the pair, homing, even. However, as the pair ran towards him, all of them either missed or were parried accordingly along with the stray danmaku that floated by. When they got near, Reed dropped the Talisman gun for no apparent reason. The Samurai leapt at him, clearly aiming at his neck. As if smiling to entertain a thought, Reed raised to drew the sword from his back to block the first attack, but just as the shadow would attack, the currently floating Reed span diagonally, dragging his blade downwards as to let go of the first attack and parried the first slash, but was pushed back by the other slash.

As he was pushed, Reed flew away from the dangerous samurai-shadow combo, the screens appearing around him briefly before disappearing as it highlighted his attire once more into what would essentially be a green vest suit and white polo paired with green slacks. On his free hand now holds a katana, and roaming around him is some form of spirit that has yet to take form, displaying a white flaming orb as a canvas. 'The only way to handle a swordsman...Is with long ranged katana slashes.' He thought as the spirit began to fire off small slashes that spread out a long distance; clearly aimed at the two of them.

It was a dangerous situation the samurai and his shadow found themselves in. Just as the two had pushed the warrior back, he seemed go through another wardrobe change complete with a katana. He seemed to be frustrated with the fire arm as he switched to melee. but why? 'Didn't I tell him distance was key.' Deciding the samurai had give enough advice, he did not say a word as he merely waited for the next attempt. However, Velix didn't expect to see as a white flaming orb appeared around Reed and began to slash arcs of light in their direction. It was the complete opposite of him if he had to be honest. A samurai with a shadow as his companion. fighting a warrior with a spirt of light and flame as his own. Interesting he thought as he began to sprint towards the warrior once more. this time however, the shadow had disappeared as Velix rolled and leaped over the arch slashes.

As he got close, the samurai showed a dark aura around him as smoke and dark fames seemed to roll over his features. Now carrying both weapons in either hand, he spun in an arch to aim for the warriors knee on his right side with the naginato as he held the katana in a reverse blade technique. Without a moment of hesitation, Velix then thrust the black blade behind him at an angle in order to jam it through the warriors side. The samurai was different. He was faster than before as the shadow was feeding its essences to him slowly. Giving him a boost in speed and strength. If Reed would block or attempt to dodge both attacks, Velix would not give him any moment of relief as he would stay on the offensive. slashing with such speed and deadly precision hindered to breaking the sound barrier with his stroke alone. The warrior now faced his second stage of being. "Shadow's Talon."

Reed Boiyo HP-81%

Ultima Charge

--TOUHOU:Character Class Youmu Konpaku--

As the samurai began approach him whilst dodging the white slashes Youmu's ghost thing shoots out, Reed tapped the yellow crystal on the guard of the purple blade he's holding and then pushing the red button on the purple console using the hilt of the katana.

CONNECTING...

The sword glowed as he then adjusted his grip on it, spinning it as the samurai is now covered in a dark aura. As if acting on instinct, the white spirit floated in front of him as Reed drew his katana in front of him. Soon, similar to the samurai, Reed had a roaring cyan aura as he gripped the katana as if preparing to parry. As soon as the Samurai was a few meters away, the aura dissipated as he swung his katana, red slashes that seemed to push forward, colliding and parrying the samurai's rapid flurry of attacks for a while--it's properties similar to the bullets earlier. "Please stay there for a bit...!" Reed uttered as he flew back, leaving the work to the slashes that are hopefully pushing the samurai back.

CONNECTION ESTABLISHED

"Oh finally!" Reed took note of the notification that appeared on the corner of his vision, sheathing the katana hastily before slamming his fress hand onto the yellow crystal on the sword's guard, the blade glowing light pink akin to sakuras.

OVERLOAD! CRITICAL SIGN MASTER SLASH!

Reed swung a flurry of slashes in the air, but instead of shooting off slash arcs, each swing shot off multiple energy balls that appeared in the curve of each slash. shot off towards the samurai and the slashes, once again, flooding the battlefied with bullets.

Velix could feel as his hits connected. However he did not expect to see it connect with such an unruly object that stood between him and the warrior. gritting his teeth, the samurai turned up the speed sending shockwaves through the arena from each contact of the red slash arcs that stood in his path. After some time he finally gave it enough pressure to break through them. This warrior before him had quite thy arsenal as Velix stood in his second form. Watching as he then proceeded to make arcs of the energy orbs from earlier, Velix had enough of them. Waiting for the right moment, the samurai swiped in a downward stroke just before the balls would reach him. Creating a shockwave with his stroke, the balls were sent back in Reed's direction. With Shadow's Talon in their wake.

Aiming for the warriors chest with his naginato, Velix leaped straight at him. Keeping the katana in a reverse hand grip, incase he would have to block anymore incoming attack. If the warrior were to block or dodge his attack, Velix would not let him just fly away this time. He still had quite a few tricks up his sleeve as well. He would keep on the charge. Slashing for vital areas and limbs all while doing his best to avoid those red acrs that slowed him down.

Reed Boiyo HP-60%

Ultima Charge

"Good that should at least--" Reed's fatal flaw--the part where he started to sigh in relief which costed him nearly half his health as the balls were all sent back at him, like the sudden strong winds in a thunderstorms as he encountered the shockwaves which sent him flying along as he attempted to deflect his own attacks. Because of this, the rest of the balls hit their mark which prompted his health bar to deplete a huge amount this early in the battle. "Fucking cheap shot...!" He groaned as he wiped his cheek as if wiping blood when he saw the samurai leaping straight at him--He was plotting to depleted it even further with melee, which is said to be his strong suit.In instinct, Reed swiftly veered to the side and let the katana clash with the polearm and in a moment's notice parry the next strike with the other sword he had. True to what he expected, the samurai's charge carried on, each clash creating one form of shockwave or another as the combatants' weapons clashed with one another over and over. During that time, Reed was quite busy formulating a plan of attack as well as trying NOT to let his guard down. Stamina isn't an issue considering his armor nullifies most of his senses that causes him to feel tired quickly. He better thank the Doc when he gets back alive. However, the issue isn't stamina, but rather, his endurance to keep parrying the samurai's attacks one after the other--Mentally, he's panicking already. He knows that at some point, Reed will slip up in any second! He needs to fix that. Fast.

'I got it!' Reed furrowed his eyebrows as he had an epiphany in the middle of their clash, prompting him to slash ahead with the purple sword he held, knowing it'll clash with one of the samurai's blades, Reed followed up with several swings alternating between the katana and the sword. As he does so, the screens that allowed him to essentially change weapons and attire circled him for a second before disappearing, Reed's outfit reverting to the Miko and the katana into the gohei and throwing it into the air after an upward slash; blocked or not, he'll throw it if it means getting this plan to work. "BOMB! FANTASY SEAL!" He flew 20 inches back before spreading his arms in a cross position, several bursts of energy manifested as large colored orbs of energy emerging from Reed's body from his torso down to his feet in a counterclockwise manner. Upon emerging, these orbs home onto These orbs explode upon contact, so the first couple of orbs must've sent him flying, somewhat.

Regardless, as the orbs were homing at the samurai, Reed sheathed his sword and used his other hand to take out a larger version of the cartridges he had used before, pressing it's trigger in a hurry.

MIGHTY BROTHERS! DOUBLE X!!

A large holographic screen would appear behind him as he quickly twirled the cartridge and slammed it at it's special holster in his belt. Red, Blue, and Purple pixels sparking as it. "Split Dai-Henshin." He uttered, expecting the Samurai to recover immediately from the orbs' onslaught, Reed tapped the holster's side with his palm, making sure it activated. He raised his hand to catch the gohei and materialize the talisman gun in the other. From there, he'd stand there, succeptible for the samurai's naginata lunge.

Velix had but a moment to react as warrior lunged back and launched several explosives orbs that homed in on him. "Shield." Unable to place a barrier around him in time, one of the orbs managed to make contact. Sending the samurai sliding back across the marble. Finally coming to a halt a good distance away from the warrior, Velix was fed up with those things as he sheathed the black blade katana. Gripping the naginato with both hands he uttered a phrase that sent shockwaves through his body as the shadow began to separate and take shape. "Path of the Shadow." In a few moments, The samurai was covered from head to toe in the armor of a shogun made from his own shadow. The polearm he carried now transformed into a nodachi With black flames lit across the blade.

"By the path of the shadow." Velix spoke as he began to step toward the warrior. "I shall be no where to be seen, and yet behind every obstruction. I shall be silent." In that moment, he would seem to vanish into the marble just before he would appear right behind Reed, making no effort to strike yet. "And above all else. Deadly." He would finish the sentence to meet the eyes of the warrior. The path of the shadow was designed to break any warrior over time. giving them no chance to strategies against it.

Reed Boiyo HP-60%

Ultima Charge

>Split Pending...

"...That looks bad." Reed gulped upon seeing the shadows envelop the samurai.He began to swap the cartridges from TOUHOU back to his default armor, placing the Touhou cartridge on the sword behind him. Just as his attire fully reverted back, the samurai disappeared from sight. He jolted, turning around as he heard the samurai's voice behind him as he seemingly finished what would essentially be the dialogue in between phases. Truth be told, the samurai's presence had never felt more intimidating than what he looked like now--clad in dark shadowy armor, wielding what would be a long blade lit aflame of black fire all across the blade. If what the samurai looked like earlier was Phase 1, and the more aggressive style was a transition...Then this 'Phase 2' form of his would be the equivalent of a sudden difficulty spike to Critical Mode when you're playing in Normal...Well, if you're playing alone, that is. Having a backup plan prepared, screens circled Reed once more, summoning the shield from before, and a small mallet with a large, seemingly flippable plate on its face and two buttons on its sides. "So what you're saying is...I'll have to stay on my toes for this phase, right?" He retorted, prompting a stance where he had his shield forward, as if thinking he could block and/or parry whatever it is the samurai's plotting to do with that form. Though it may look like he's underestimating his foe, Reed is doing the exact opposite--He's thinking that he should play it safely, and cunningly...As much as the samurai will let him, of course.

"I'm afraid you do not understand the gravity of the situation." Beginning to walk a slow circle around the warrior as he retrieved the equipment he saw fit. Once again brandishing a shiled, however this time with a mallet of sorts. The eyes of the samurai pierced through the warriors gaze as he could see the panic behind Reed's expression. "This phase." He began as he now stood face to face with the warrior, only a few feet apart. "This is a technique that no one has lived to tell the tail of. This technique can as it is meant to break you. No matter how long it takes." Now taking his stance the samurai placed the nodachi into his left hand in a reverse blade grip, setting his right hand against the palmal. "Allow me to give you an example."

In that moment, the samurai would slash in a diagonal motion upward to strike for the shield just before vanishing into the marble and appearing behind the warrior to slice at the shoulder of the arm holding said shield. If he would be blocked or land a hit, Velix would vanish again to appear a few feet away once more to speak. "Any defense can be broken. No matter how strong. It merely takes time. Time to gather the information needed and use said information effectively against your opponent."

Reed Boiyo HP-60%

Ultima Charge

>Split Pending...

Taking the hit on his shield, Reed took note of the sudden disappearance and turned his body in a 90 degrees angle where the shield would hit the incoming attack, yet much to his dismay, his shoulder was hit, gushing out purple pixels as if bleeding, the arm glitching out into a silhouetted cluster of pixels as if struggling to stay on. It was then that the samurai explained that any defense can be broken as it takes time. The samurai making it seem that this ability of his is broken beyond belief.

"...My point still stands, you know." Reed clicked his tongue, Raising his shield regardless of his arm's current situation. "There must be a weak spot in your technique; like all boss fights!" He grinned, putting some faith into his contingency plan as he began to lunge at the samurai with the shield, aggressively bashing the samurai with the mallet vertically and and spinning around like a slow top to bash onto the samurai's armor before pushing forth with the shield once more.

A Challenger Approaches!

Name: Novacula

Species: Human

Genre: Horror/Action

Appearance: Approximately five foot eleven inches, Novacula is a decently muscular man. His flesh, however, decays over time as a result of a cruel experiment, leaving visible holes in his skin and muscles. He wears black, leather padded chain-mail armor covered in bloodstains; Some old and some new. Across the lower portion of his face is a dark red bandanna, concealing a mostly decayed face.

Personality: Novacula is a cold, cruel, and bloodthirsty killer. To keep himself from rotting away, he must absorb the flash of his victims, and make it his own. He's not one to make friends, and very rarely does he form any partnerships. He holds revenge as his highest ideal, as he seeks to kill those who wronged him.

Backstory: The result of a cruel experiment, Novacula now seeks revenge. Locked up for a murder he didn't commit, he was taken by his government, and experimented on without consent. The intent was to create mindless, bloodthirsty killer zombies to be used in foreign wars, but it resulted in something much worse; Novacula, the Razor. His mind did not bend, and instead broke. He did not succumb to the experiments mental effects, but it's physical ones were amplified. His body began to decay as he lived, and he gained the ability to absorb the flesh of other living humans into his own. Considered a failure, he was restrained and thrown into a ditch with some other failed experiments. He lay there for days as his body began to decay away, until he was withered enough to simply drop his steel bindings. From there, he crawled, and found another dying experiment, this one writing in pain. He lay himself atop it, and absorbed its flesh into himself, leaving what could only be considered a husk.

Now, he is a bloodthirsty killer, bent on killing those who made him this way, and everyone who stands in his way. He fashioned his weapon, a whip made from steel razors, and his armor, by hand. With this weapon, he painfully flays the flesh from his victim's bones, feeding on it to sustain his existence.

Abilities: Novacula, having replaced the flesh on his body hundreds of times, has damaged nerves, and has trouble feeling pain.

Novacula can absorb the flesh of his victims into himself, to replenish what has already decayed. However, he can only do so if they are already wounded, and they must be alive, which is why he carries a whip. Additionally, they must be human.

From the side of the arena steps Novacula, razor whip in hand. From his position, he can see two humans locked in combat, so far paying no mind to him. Firstly, he sizes up the situation. A samurai, surely to be a well trained, formidable opponent, a true challenge. The second opponent, however, was far more intriguing. His tech based combat style was far from Novacula's comfort zone, and would take some learning to defeat.

However, he had no time to waste.

As an opportunist, he wastes no time joining the fray, making a full sprint towards the two. He readies his whip, and once in range, makes a strike for the back of Reed's unguarded legs; a surprise attack!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back