Bright - The Hocus

ThaDruid

Killer Clown

The Hocus

Now it should be crystal fucking obvious that the gods have abandoned Apocalypse World. Maybe in the golden age, with its one nation under god and its in god we trust, maybe then the gods were real. Fucked if I know. All I know is that now they’re gone daddy gone. My theory is that these weird hocus fuckers, when they say “the gods,” what they really mean is the miasma left over from the explosion of psychic hate and desperation that gave Apocalypse World its birth. Friends, that’s our creator now.

Name:

Bright, speaker of "The White Truth"

Look:

”Bright is a man. A big one, at that. He ain't no Gunlugger, though, whatever muscle he's got is all covered by fat. Apparently, he's in his early sixties too, you can see it by the lines on his face. Speaking of which, have you seen his expression while he gives them speeches to those wackos that follow him? You can just tell that he's got some fuckin' determination in spreadin' the word of his god or whatever the hell he's saying. And i swear, if you look into them eyes of his long enough, you'll feel captured, ya feel me? It's like he's hypnotizing you, it's... Wait, i'm looking for one of them fancy words... Mesmerizing. Anyway, you will know it's him when you see him. The old fella's usually seen wearing a white tattered robe with some hella weird chrome paint on the shoulders, knees, and chest area.”

(man, tattered vestments, determined face, mesmerizing eyes, fat body)

Stats:

[X]Cool 0

[_]Hard +1

[_]Hot -1

[_]Sharp +1

[X]Weird +2

Harm:

[X]0:00-3:00

[X]3:00-6:00

[_]6:00-9:00

[_]9:00-10:00

[_]10:00-11:00

[_]11:00-12:00

Playbook Moves:

Fortunes: fortune, surplus and want all depend on your followers. At the beginning of the session, roll+fortune. On a 10+, your followers have surplus. On a 7–9, they have surplus, but choose 1 want. On a miss, they are in want. If their surplus lists barter, like 1-barter or 2-barter, that’s your personal share, to spend for your lifestyle or for what you will.

Frenzy: When you speak the truth to a mob, roll+weird. On a 10+, hold 3. On a 7–9, hold 1. Spend your hold 1 for 1 to make the mob:

• Bring people forward and deliver them.

• Bring forward all their precious things.

• Unite and fight for you as a gang (2-harm 0-armor size appropriate).

• Fall into an orgy of uninhibited emotion: fucking, lamenting, fighting, sharing, celebrating, as you choose.

• Go quietly back to their lives.

On a miss, the mob turns on you.

Charismatic: when you try to manipulate someone, roll+weird instead of roll+hot.

Augury: When you use your followers for augury, roll+weird. On a hit, you can choose 1:

• Reach through the world’s psychic maelstrom to something or someone connected to it.

• Isolate and protect a person or thing from the world’s psychic maelstrom.

• Isolate and contain a fragment of the world’s psychic maelstrom itself.

• Insert information into the world’s psychic maelstrom.

• Open a window into the world’s psychic maelstrom.

By default, the effect will last only as long as you maintain it, will reach only shallowly into the world’s psychic maelstrom as it is local to you, and will bleed instability. On a 10+, choose 2; on a 7–9, choose 1:

• It’ll persist (for a while) without your actively maintaining it.

• It reaches deep into the world’s psychic maelstrom.

• It reaches broadly throughout the world’s psychic maelstrom.

• It’s stable and contained, no bleeding.

On a miss, whatever bad happens, your antenna takes the brunt of it.

Gear:

Oddments worth 4-barter

Hx: 

Arsenic: +3

Hound: 0

Thorn: 0

Improvement: [X][X][X][_][>]

The Followers

"Bright's followers are a bunch of weirdos. They call themselves the "Seekers", and apparently they're some kinda cult that travels with him. They're all about this thing they call the enlightenment, and they reach this by being pure and not "corrupting their being", 'cuz apparently, if you stay pure long enough, some secret they call "The White Truth" will be revealed to you, and then they keep talking about that enlightenment and yadda, yadda, yadda. It's all bullshit if you ask me, i mean, just look at Bright, their supposed leader. The fucker's got that look that most Hocuses and Brainers have, and you can't just trust those people, man. But his followers are dedicated to him like he's the bloody maelstorm incarnate, i've seem them give away everything they had after a nice speech, just like that. Then they starve when there ain't no more food, but it serves them right. But, they're not all talk, you know. I heard some rumors about them being able to reach through the Maelstorm, and i wouldn't want my head just exploding after i bumped into one of them. Apparently, though, they've got some weak points too. Like, they hate all kinds of luxuries for some reason. Part of them don't even wash, you hear me? They're sick in the head. And that's partly why without a leader they're just desperate, they can't live without Bright.

Traveling Cult Fortune: +1 Surplus: Barter-2, Augury Want: +hunger, +desperation, +disease

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back