• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Bright Academy - Main [Open]

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Shin stopped walking and turned to face her. "Like the goddess?" he asked. He could recall reading something about an old folk tale of a goddess named Lilith. She was said to be the mother of all demons... Or more so of all creatures that had magic. He tilted his head a bit. It seemed she was also talking to another and not just him. He watched as the red butterfly landed on her shoulder.

Sadly with Lilith's efforts to try and not look like an airhead, she was failing greatly. "Please tell me your stairs go up to the top floor." he felt his shoulders drop as he watched her. His eyes would shift to the butterfly every now and again. Was she talking to the butterfly? He had already seen a few people using magic, but he couldn't recall anyone making butterflies. Or talking to bugs.

RoyalPhoenix32 RoyalPhoenix32

Super Villain Nova Super Villain Nova
"Nope. I was just named that as it was the first thing my parents came up with. Also my stairs? Oh! They do, but sometimes they have cracks on different floors so getting to the top floor is always a bit of a duzy."
She said with a smile before she heard Yue talking to her.
"Lilith, ask him what his name is?"
"Ok, what's your name?"
She asked, oblivious to his internal thoughts or expressions.

Shin's eyes went wide when she told him about her stairs. He blinked as his mind went blank. Did she just describe her actual set of stairs at home? Or was she just being coy? and who cared really about the stairs, she was the real duzy here.

"Shin." He said almost too quiet. He was still caught off guard by her response. As he studied her face, he came to a very precise conclusion... She was just cute. He quickly shoved the thought from his mind wanting to change the subject or just walk away from the conversation all together.

"So... Are you new here?" He wanted to say yes, but he couldn't be sure. She didn't act like the other new students around the school, and yet she didn't seem to be talking to any old friends. Shin glanced to the butterfly narrowing his eyes at it, questioning it's being and purpose.

"Hi Shin. And to answer your question, I am. This place is huge, so much so that one could get lost in it. But aside from that, why you staring at Yue?...Hey, he was going to catch your name from my babbling with you...Sorry, she's highly peeved that I gave her name without asking her. Hm...I wouldn't know how to label or categorize her as. She appeared one day when I was messing with my powers with help with my adopted mom."
She said, point to Yue.
"Oh, my mom is the teacher for the enchantment class."

Shin looked from Lilith to Yue and the back to Lilith as she tried to explain the butterfly's existence. "Huh?" Was his response. So it was just something that was created when she was messing around with her magic? Shin glanced to his hand wondering if he could do something like that with his electricity. It could be possible? But when Shin really thought about it, he wondered if the butterfly could actually talk, or was this girl just hearing voices in her head.

"I'm sorry, what?" He asked quickly when he heard her last words. "Your mom's a teacher here?" He asked pointing to the ground.

His eyes scanned over the crowd around them before looking back to Lilith. Associating with a teacher's child was not something he even thought about doing. What if her mom was one of those over protective moms? Like if she saw anyone talking to her daughter she would automatically have it out for that person. He wasn't looking to get into trouble... Shin let an annoyed look run across his face as he thought about how much trouble he had gotten into in the past. Didn't matter what he did, even if he did good... Trouble always found him.

He snapped out of his thoughts and quickly took out his schedule from his pack pocket. He looked it over quickly and sighed with relief. He didn't have Enchantment. He just dodged that bullet.

RoyalPhoenix32 RoyalPhoenix32

"Adopted mother, she's not an airhead like I am. She's more passive than anything but yes, she's a teacher here."
She said, before patting her person to find a book to read or something to occupy her time, that was before she remembered she was till talking to someone.
"I hate it when I have airhead moments."
She muttered out loud, annoyed she had forgotten why she even forgot she was talking to someone in the first place. Yue began laughing at her statement, knowing how true Lilith can be an airhead at times.

"Adoptive..." Shin quoted and nodded slowly.

The more he stood there with Lilith the more he realized that this could possibly be one of his fellow classmates. He glanced to his schedule and looked over the AP Mythical Biology class. He frowned a little. Were all the students like this? Or was Lilith a special case? Looking up from his schedule he wondered what classes she had. But she was already looking for something else to do with her time. Was he boring her?

Shin wasn't exactly an open person and his conversation skill were just crap. He couldn't even entertain an airhead... How was he to even attend magic school?

Shin bit back his pride as he slowly pointed to his schedule. "What classes do you have?" He asked. He kept his eyes on her. Was she not interested in talking to him? He just meet this girl and already she had him double checking his own thoughts and actions............. He didn't like that.......

"Illusion, manifestation, and healing. I looked at trying to get into AP Mythical Biology class but it involved fighting, and I'm very squishy when it comes to fighting. I don't have much experience with fighting, my adopted mother has told me that fighting is inevitable if one wishes to survive while...Wait, she was having a daydream when she began spewing about angels, demons, and saving the world before exiling herself from that place. I always wondered why she self imposed an exile on herself."
She said, putting her right pointer finger on her chin.
"Aside from that, I don't know if I have any classes with you, Shin."

Shin looked to his schedule. He didn't expected fighting in AP Bio, but then again there was a lot to this world he didn't know. He wasn't just new to the school, he was new to the whole world of magic. "Motion Spells, Defense actions, Element... Electric and AP bio." Shin read in a hushed tone. He didn't want the wrong people knowing his schedule. He thought he had a good grasp on this world with what he could find before coming here, but the more she rambled on about her mom and the exile the more he realized he could be missing a bunch of things.

Good thing he had some time to kill before classes tomorrow. He could easily hit the library he found and do some research.

But the thought that really struck his mind was the mention of fighting. He fought his entire life in the normal world... This world he now guessed he would be fighting on a whole other level, and with magic. He grumbled a bit at the thought.

"I guess we don't have any classes together." he looked back to his schedule. He made sure his thumb covered up his full name at the top left corner of the paper. Even if Lilith seemed nice, he hated it when people called him by his first name. As soon as they knew what it was, there was no stopping it. He folded up the paper and slipped it back to his back pocket. "So what's this exile thing?" he asked. The more he could get out of her the more he didn't have to look up.

Barry

Barry listened to Graves with great interest as he took the first sip of his tea. Although the taste was rather sour as he did not put any sugar in it, nor did he know that sugar could be paired with tea, he enjoyed the warmth that ran through his body. He could see why such a thing was a luxury. The taste definitely made his nose twitch a little bit with distaste, but there were worse tastes than this. It would probably be rude and/or weird not to drink it, so he decided to continue.

The story that the professor told was a little confusing, as he told the group what he was doing but not quite what he was doing. He found a few bodies in Dracula's castle, but what did he do with them? He was searching for spirits in a tower, but why? How had his search been cut short? There were so many questions whirring around in the young man's head, but he assumed that if the details were not outright told, they were not meant to be discussed. Speaking of the dead was always a touchy subject around people. Graves had said that he had a similar background to that of professor Garland. Perhaps he studied necromancy. Still, Barry really wished he could learn more. Maybe he could have a one-on-one with professor at some point. Barry wasn't one to pass up knowledge, even if it was unpleasant knowledge.

Exotic creatures? He thought to himself, wondering what kind of exotic creatures. From what Graves implied, it seemed as if they were dangerous. Barry felt his heart skip a beat. Danger excited him.

"It's great how you're willing to put the learning of students above all else." Barry said with a smile, thinking about how much fun he was going to have teaching here. He looked to Graves. "What time is your class? I think it'd be fun to see and learn about these creatures. Plus, well, I'm sure you won't need help subduing your own creatures, but it might give the students comfort to have the defensive arts teacher there for when things get a little too out of hand!" Of course this last part was just a rather good excuse of his. Honestly, he just wanted to learn. Barry would absolutely attend every class if he could.

Super Villain Nova Super Villain Nova krsna250 krsna250

Teacher's Lounge

Graves looked to Barry. His interest in his class made the AP Bio teacher feel a bit special. Some teachers find his class to be a bit too dangerous for the students, but Graves had yet to have a death in the class. A few students here or there got hurt, but nothing fatal. He nodded to Barry, "You are more than welcome to come and sit in one of my classes." He told him. "Your skill would make a great demonstration." He added.

Graves took a sip from his tea before finishing his answer to the other teacher. "My classes are during witching hours, midnight to two in the morning." He told him. "But only on Tuesdays and Thursdays." Graves smiled and wrapped his hands around his warm mug. "I'm sure the students would love to see two Professors demonstrating their cleverness against a mythical foe." Graves did like the idea. Plus with some of the monsters and beasts he 'acquired' for this year's course, he was sure to know that his class would be the talk among the students.

"I guess we don't....Oh well....The exile thing? Hm....She told a lot about her exile but any amount of details for her exile, you'd have to ask her yourself."
Lilith said, having her right pointer finger extended away from her chin and Yue landed on the out stretched finger. She looked at Shin with her compound eyes and giggled softly. That was until Lilith put her left pointer finger to her chin, and her face became an expression of concentration. A few twinkling lights appeared before those lights became butterflies, smaller than Yue.

Lixue lounged in her room, in her sabercat form with her pooches laying around the room as well, she was waiting for work to come her way. She always threw herself into her work to at least have some semblance of normalcy to her life. She was careful when interacting with people, daymares often did reek havoc on her mind, causing her to have her at least a couple of her pooches near her at all times. She finally had enough of lounging in her room, wanting to do something, and exited her room, to head for the Teacher's lounge, still in her sabercat form. Once there, she saw many of the other teachers and headmistress.
(open to interaction)

William Hawthorne Location: Teacher's Lounge - Currently: Reading the Cards
Will had been quiet, as per usual, seeming to brood in a corner of the teacher's lounge as he kept to himself. He was playing with and an old set of tarot cards at a table, a set so decrepit looking that you might expect to be seen handled gingerly with cotton gloves instead of bare skin on fading paper. Clear blue eyes tended to stick to the table, except for a queer moment to two before a draw, when his attention would be brought to one of the other teachers in the space. He would draw the card with gaze locked, flip the face and place it down on the table. As he watched two conversing people across the room he heard whispers of class times and witching hours, he dropped another card. The Wizard topped by The Wheel of Fortune? A brow gently arched as his gaze returned to the pair. Flip - The Seven of Cups made him purse his lips and scoop the pile back into his hands. It wasn't his place to warn or intervene or sound the alarm. He was simply gaining knowledge on his colleagues. That was Will's gift; a natural talent for not only reading the people around him by their actions, but by their cards as well.

There were little motives and tenancies that Will did not get to know about anyone who he cared to read. Smiling people who claimed to be friends read as betrayers with sinister intent; enemies reduced to nothing more than victims of circumstance and mood. He trusted all his implements but none were as reliable as his cards. Everything came out in the read, whether he liked it or not.

It didn't take long for him to arrange the cards for himself, drawing, examining, adding, scowling... He gathered them up one last time and cupped them in his hand just as a certain feline entered the room. Will glanced curiously and flipped another card out of his neat pile. As soon as it hit the table he smirked at it and gathered it back into the deck. First impressions were important, but not as important as the first card Will saw attached to someone. True, this art all came down to interpritation... but Will considered himself to be an expert.

Barry - Teacher's Lounge

Barry half-expected to be rejected due to the embarrassment that he had caused himself earlier, but it seemed like that wasn't the case. The professor actually seemed quite happy to have him sit in on the class, which was rather exciting. He had no idea what the professor had planned, or exactly how dangerous the creatures would be, but that was the fun part. One of the reasons why he had decided to delve more into the defensive arts than other types of magic was because he enjoyed facing the unknown.

"Awesome, count me in then! I hope I don't disappoint." He said with a happy smile as he finished his last sip of tea. Through personal experience he felt that demonstrations was one of the best ways to teach. Many could get the logic of a spell or an enemy weaknesses, but the hardest part was applying that knowledge. Perhaps if the students saw how their superiors applied it, they could apply it easier themselves. "Your class sounds like it's pretty fun. Is it mostly lecture?

He made his way over to the sink, washed the cup that he had just used for tea, and set it in the strainer to dry. Most people would use magic to do such things, but Barry liked to do such things the old fashion way.

Barry turned just in time for a cat to enter the room. When turning, he also noticed someone else off in the corner of the room. When had he gotten there? Usually the young man had a detection spell going so he could see all life forces around him. Perhaps it wasn't working? Maybe he just hadn't noticed? Since he had lived two years without ever being safe and fighting for his own survival, the detection spell made him feel comfortable. Knowing that it wasn't working caused him quite the discomfort, but he supposed it was best not to dwell on such things. Barry came to the conclusion that it wasn't the spell, but rather him slacking.

"Oh...sorry. I didn't even notice you sitting there. I'm Barry Mac, if you didn't know already. I'm the new Defensive Action teacher." He said to the man in the corner, then looked to the cat. "Are you a teacher here too?"

Korrss - Teacher's Lounge
Korrss had been in an almost death-like state sitting on the floor in the teacher's lounge but he heard every word spoken and knew the locations of everyone still in the room. Korrss had awoken, shifting himself, as he did little bits of his stone body fell to the floor. Well, I never said having a stone golem would be clean, did I? If anything, the custodian absolutely hated Korrss, "Well. It seems, I had been forgotten or at least quiet enough to be ignored." He said getting up, he just had a nap but felt rather groggy. What people don't know, is when a Stone Golem 'sleeps' it rapidly drains energy from their bodies. So he immediately ate some rocks again to replenish his energy.
Interacting: None | Mentioned: NightMoves NightMoves Fire At Will Fire At Will Super Villain Nova Super Villain Nova

Merryl Striep
Merryl let forth a small smile at Elijah's exclamation of Merryl being a Denki, "Electric magic? I suppose that's the inherent ability all Denki have, right?" He gave Elijah a bit of a smartass reply. He then nodded his head to Elijah's comment on his accent, "Aye, I'm from the Outback of Australia, mate." Merryl crossed his arms, "And you? Where are you from? America? Europe? Asia?" Merryl had leaned on a fence post, awaiting the respinse from Elijah.
Interacting: NightMoves NightMoves | Mentioned: None

Elijah - Approximately Outside the Male Dorm

Elijah laughed a bit nervously at the reply. "So I've heard, but I've only met one of the Denki before you and I never really saw him use any magic."

That's good that he had guessed the accent right, but it was pretty heavy so it was pretty hard to miss. Elijah thought about his time back in Australia. The creatures there were considerably more dangerous than any of those he had met. Creepy crawlies and dangerous vipers always found their way into his tent. Just thinking about it made his skin crawl. The treasure that his family had found there was nice though. A lot of stuff from old civilization was left untouched due to the dangerous creatures that often prowled the wilds.

"Here, there, everywhere really." He said with a slight waive. "I'm from a family of treasure hunters so I've never stayed in one place for too long, but I believe I was born in Northeast Europe."

Honestly, Elijah had been to so many places it was hard to remember where he originated from. "Did you come here from Australia? That must have been a long travel."

Kumii Kumii

William Hawthorne Location: Teacher's Lounge - Currently: Giving away as little as possible - NightMoves NightMoves RoyalPhoenix32 RoyalPhoenix32

Will's fingers moved with expert dexterity, cutting and shuffling his deck before he opened up his blazer to place the deck within the hidden breast pocket. Stowed away for now, but Will was never without his deck; be it a day or a year his observations all came true at one point or another and he'd be ready to read some more. "A pleasure." Will's cool gaze moved up to the person before him, wondering to himself if it was appropriate to divulge the findings of his draw to the new acquaintance. "Will Hawthone, Divination. I'll be the one with the line out my office door at end of year with students begging to know their exam results weeks prior to even taking them." His smile was only turning the corners of his mouth, a half-hearted effort at best. He decided not to tell Barry about those fleeting sights, the ones of hard work and dedication spiraling out of control and into something disastrous... "Aye, they better be, otherwise someone might want to call The Zoo." His smile broadened into something more genuine at the tease he gave the feline. Nothing gave Will joy quite like giving someone a hard time.

Silus Lefebvre

Equipped: Oscillation-detecting Visor
Currently: Fooling around with his newly enchanted device.
Entering the Teacher's Lounge
A figure came lumbering into the teacher's lounge, clinging to the walls lightly as the fingers incessantly tapped on them evenly and audibly. From the way he was moving, Silus looked to be quite lost. A visor covered his eyes, a sleek, black opaque glass wrapped around the eyes, attached to metallic devices that cupped the ears. Unique engravings in the metal spiralled into the centre, and neon-green highlights zoomed magically across the device, along the edges and through the engravings. Slowly shuffling along the room, a hand reached up to tap on the metal ears, sparking a soft glow from the visor. Although, with his attention diverted, he had all but noticed that he was headed directly towards a pair of men. As his hand left the wall it clung to, it landed on something soft and pliable. Surprised, Silus' fingers paused for a moment on the newfound surface that was Barry's chest, before recognising the minute heaving to be breathing. Realising his mistake, Silus took a few steps back, afraid to think he may have touched a student when he tripped over something hard. Tumbling backwards, his head struck the floor with a loud thud-- much louder and heavier than the expected, soft sound of flesh crashing into the floor. A clunk followed after as the visor fell off, and Silus groaned as he got up, not out of pain but out of annoyance. The sudden flooding of light into his irides was not pleasing. Getting up and picking up the opaque visor, he looked down upon the body of rock that he had just tripped on.

"Oh dear, sorry Korrss... wasn't looking. Hope you're enjoying your... meal." Silus apologised, looking a bit sheepish as his gaze looked up and fell upon William and a new face? Realising he was in the teacher's lounge, Silus heaved a sigh of relief knowing he (hopefully) wasn't in much trouble... especially after neglecting the entire day to play with his new toy.

"Sorry dearies, for crashing your conversation." Silus apologised to them too, "And if I touched you." he added quickly. Noticing William smile pleasantly at the feline after cracking a joke. It was a pleasant smile, right? He could hardly tell. After all, it wasn't like his social skills were ever up to par for the past millenia.

"But you," Silus turned towards Barry, "You're the new defence teacher... Barry Mac, yes? Sorry, my visor told me earlier. I'm Professor Lefebvre, of Manifestations, or you can call me Silus... if you're willing to deal, that is." Silus' body slowly fell back, and from behind, a magic circle composed of polygons swirled upwards. From nothing, a circular stool manifested, levitating off the ground at a comfortable height for Silus with a solid beam of light that connected it to the circle on the floor, "Looking forward, very much, to working with you. I think there's a lot we can do... yes, lots of prospects... yes." Silus rambled quickly as he pulled a wand out of thin air and tapped the metal ears, projecting layers and series of magic circles from it that seemed to respond to his touch almost like a keyboard and gears, "Anything you're looking forward now that you've come here, Barry?"

Equipped: Oscillation-detecting Visor
Currently: Fooling around with his newly enchanted device.

Entering the Teacher's Lounge
A figure came lumbering into the teacher's lounge, clinging to the walls lightly as the fingers incessantly tapped on them evenly and audibly. From the way he was moving, Silus looked to be quite lost. A visor covered his eyes, a sleek, black opaque glass wrapped around the eyes, attached to metallic devices that cupped the ears. Unique engravings in the metal spiralled into the centre, and neon-green highlights zoomed magically across the device, along the edges and through the engravings. Slowly shuffling along the room, a hand reached up to tap on the metal ears, sparking a soft glow from the visor. Although, with his attention diverted, he had all but noticed that he was headed directly towards a pair of men. As his hand left the wall it clung to, it landed on something soft and pliable. Surprised, Silus' fingers paused for a moment on the newfound surface that was Barry's chest, before recognising the minute heaving to be breathing. Realising his mistake, Silus took a few steps back, afraid to think he may have touched a student when he tripped over something hard. Tumbling backwards, his head struck the floor with a loud thud-- much louder and heavier than the expected, soft sound of flesh crashing into the floor. A clunk followed after as the visor fell off, and Silus groaned as he got up, not out of pain but out of annoyance. The sudden flooding of light into his irides was not pleasing. Getting up and picking up the opaque visor, he looked down upon the body of rock that he had just tripped on.

"Oh dear, sorry Korrss... wasn't looking. Hope you're enjoying your... meal." Silus apologised, looking a bit sheepish as his gaze looked up and fell upon William and a new face? Realising he was in the teacher's lounge, Silus heaved a sigh of relief knowing he (hopefully) wasn't in much trouble... especially after neglecting the entire day to play with his new toy.

"Sorry dearies, for crashing your conversation." Silus apologised to them too, "And if I touched you." he added quickly. Noticing William smile pleasantly at the feline after cracking a joke. It was a pleasant smile, right? He could hardly tell. After all, it wasn't like his social skills were ever up to par for the past millenia.

"But you," Silus turned towards Barry, "You're the new defence teacher... Barry Mac, yes? Sorry, my visor told me earlier. I'm Professor Lefebvre, of Manifestations, or you can call me Silus... if you're willing to deal, that is." Silus' body slowly fell back, and from behind, a magic circle composed of polygons swirled upwards. From nothing, a circular stool manifested, levitating off the ground at a comfortable height for Silus with a solid beam of light that connected it to the circle on the floor, "Looking forward, very much, to working with you. I think there's a lot we can do... yes, lots of prospects... yes." Silus rambled quickly as he pulled a wand out of thin air and tapped the metal ears, projecting layers and series of magic circles from it that seemed to respond to his touch almost like a keyboard and gears, "Anything you're looking forward now that you've come here, Barry?"

Barry - Teacher's Lounge

Connecting the dots, Barry was intrigued. "Really?! Does that mean you can tell the future?" The young man asked in excitement. "Do you only get glimpses or can you see whole events? Or is it just a vague look into the future, like being able to tell if someone is going to fall into misfortune or hit the lottery? Do you use some sort of magic spell or is it just some magical ability you gained?"

Barry realized only now that he had been talking much too fast. He was so excited on the topic that he actually forgot to breathe and was now out of breath. "Oh...sorry about that." He huffed as he attempted to regain his breath. "I get a little too excited about things sometimes..." Barry let out a nervous chuckle, hoping that he didn't embarrass himself for the second time today. Everything and everyone was just so exciting, he couldn't help it.

Whilst he was still attempting to regain his breath, a figure with a rather weird headpiece walked in. The young man was about to say something, but was instantly silenced as the strange man placed his hand directly on Barry's chest. There was a pause of silence and chest touching before the stranger abruptly fell backwards. Had he not realized what he was doing until just now? The realization caused Barry to laugh quite a bit.

After a bit of a laughing session, Barry wiped a small tear of laughter from his eye. "Ah..so sorry to laugh. Are you alright?" Barry asked the man as he got up. He felt kind of bad for laughing, but that situation had just been too funny.

"Yep, that's me!" Barry said happily as he looked towards the visor. "That thing can tell you things about people? What kind of things?"
Man, Barry certainly was asking a lot of questions today. He hoped that it didn't make him come off as annoying. "Honestly, I'm excited to learn more about different types of magic. I've done a lot of research, but I can only really cast a little bit of magic outside of the defensive realm." He answered as he looked at the floating magic circles in awe. Barry leaned to the left then slowly to the right, trying to look at the circles and where they were coming from. "Man...that's so neat. What are you doing with it?"

Fire At Will Fire At Will Dictionaddiction Dictionaddiction

NightMoves NightMoves Fire At Will Fire At Will Dictionaddiction Dictionaddiction
Lixue titled her head a bit at the question, she was a teacher here but at the moment, she had no vocal cords that would allow any sort of voice aside from noises that her current form would take. So she nodded at the defense teacher and looked at divination teacher. The jab at being in feline form didn't faze her. She wasn't one for jokes as she had seen...things many would fear to see. She had fought such things and quite honestly, she sort of missed hack and slashing demons from hell over trying to teach kids to do enchantments. Looking around, she spotted a spare lab coat and some cloth. Walking over she grabbed the coat, uncaring if the coat stand it was on knocked anything over, and placed it behind a room divider. It took her a bit less than 30 seconds to be in human form, black haired male form, and she/he put the coat on; making sure the buttons were done all the way down. She/he didn't want the headmistress to scold her/him for her/his state of dress. Then walking over to the cloth, wrapped his/her feet.
"I take whatever form I need to. Either feline, male, or female. It matters not to me. I believe greetings are in order. Lixue Rose, enchantment teacher."

Merryl Striep
Merryl raised a eyebrow in interest, "Wait. You've never seen a Denki use their magic?" Merryl would offer to show him a bit but he didn't wanna draw attention to himself as of yet though Elijah piqued his interest with 'treasure hunters', not that Merryl liked treasure just that you don't hear someone claim they have a treasure hunter family origin, "Treasure hunters, hmm? Seems like you've had a life of excitement, mate." Merryl nodded, "Better then my life, yeah?" Not that Merryl had told Elijah his life's story yet, he just assumed. "Long way? Nah, mate, before coming here, I lived in the Midwest of the North America. Though, I suppose it's the same distance." Merryl looked at the school, I wonder when classes start.. He thought.
Interacting: NightMoves NightMoves | Mentioned: None

Silus Lefebvre

Equipped: Oscillation-detecting visor
Currently: In conversation with Barry Mac and adjusting his visor
In the Teacher's Lounge
"Oh, it's no problem Barry. Laughing's supposed to be a good thing, ain't it?" Silus replied, attention still focused on the visor. He only stopped to look up when Barry got up to talk further. My, what a upbeat child... Indeed, like a child! He looked like one too, seeing how young he was. Although, looks are quite deceptive when you're in a room with an ageless studio-turned-human and an enchanter transformed from a feline.

"This cruddy thing? Oh no," Silus replied to Barry's question about the visor, chuckling, "This thing's just a prototype. It couldn't tell me squat about you. Besides, you mentioned your name earlier to William over here." Silus threw a shoulder around the adjacent William, in spite of William's clear loner character, "This device picks up and images sound. It's insanely sharp... it picked up your introduction earlier! I was tapping the wall earlier, this device takes incoming sound through the metal ears and images it on the visor to depict the sources of sound and where they bounce off of... Although, it's my first time using it. I'm blind as a bat when I put it on, although you'd be blind if you were tapping flesh and expecting to pick up the echoes anyway." Silus gave Barry's chest another poke. Perhaps he'd greet him this way for the rest of the school year. Barry did say it was quite funny, after all, " Besides, it's far too sensitive. It needs adjustment." Silus answered Barry before he threw the wand away, letting it fade away before it even touched the ground. Out of thin air, a glowing, bronze wrench manifested to replace the wand. Screwing the magic circles like they were nuts and gears, the overall mechanism twisted and turned, making an inaudible hum before the projection retracted into the engravings of the metal ear; Silus, seemingly, was satisfied with the changes.

"If you want to learn more, you've come to the right place. Magic is such a wonderful thing to learn! I tend to crash others' classes sometimes, so if you find me in your own classroom, it's nothing unusual. Just a disclaimer." Silus continued, "Defensive magic is a very good place to start... yes. If I had known it, perhaps I'd have had a better start." Silus smiled softly, "If you ever ant something made for you or perhaps, a lesson on Manifestation, I'd be more than willing to share the art. Perhaps, if you'll teach me something in turn, it'll be a deal. Say, would you like to give it a try? Perhaps you'll understand just how loopy it is to wear this thing too." the phantasma laughed as he offered the visor to his new colleague. Perhaps he'll get a laugh out of him too.

Currently: In conversation with Barry Mac and adjusting his visor

In the Teacher's Lounge
"Oh, it's no problem Barry. Laughing's supposed to be a good thing, ain't it?" Silus replied, attention still focused on the visor. He only stopped to look up when Barry got up to talk further. My, what a upbeat child... Indeed, like a child! He looked like one too, seeing how young he was. Although, looks are quite deceptive when you're in a room with an ageless studio-turned-human and an enchanter transformed from a feline.

"This cruddy thing? Oh no," Silus replied to Barry's question about the visor, chuckling, "This thing's just a prototype. It couldn't tell me squat about you. Besides, you mentioned your name earlier to William over here." Silus threw a shoulder around the adjacent William, in spite of William's clear loner character, "This device picks up and images sound. It's insanely sharp... it picked up your introduction earlier! I was tapping the wall earlier, this device takes incoming sound through the metal ears and images it on the visor to depict the sources of sound and where they bounce off of... Although, it's my first time using it. I'm blind as a bat when I put it on, although you'd be blind if you were tapping flesh and expecting to pick up the echoes anyway." Silus gave Barry's chest another poke. Perhaps he'd greet him this way for the rest of the school year. Barry did say it was quite funny, after all, " Besides, it's far too sensitive. It needs adjustment." Silus answered Barry before he threw the wand away, letting it fade away before it even touched the ground. Out of thin air, a glowing, bronze wrench manifested to replace the wand. Screwing the magic circles like they were nuts and gears, the overall mechanism twisted and turned, making an inaudible hum before the projection retracted into the engravings of the metal ear; Silus, seemingly, was satisfied with the changes.

"If you want to learn more, you've come to the right place. Magic is such a wonderful thing to learn! I tend to crash others' classes sometimes, so if you find me in your own classroom, it's nothing unusual. Just a disclaimer." Silus continued, "Defensive magic is a very good place to start... yes. If I had known it, perhaps I'd have had a better start." Silus smiled softly, "If you ever ant something made for you or perhaps, a lesson on Manifestation, I'd be more than willing to share the art. Perhaps, if you'll teach me something in turn, it'll be a deal. Say, would you like to give it a try? Perhaps you'll understand just how loopy it is to wear this thing too." the phantasma laughed as he offered the visor to his new colleague. Perhaps he'll get a laugh out of him too.

Barry - Teacher's Lounge
Barry wondered if the teacher's lounge would always be such a party. There were so many new concepts and gizmos that the young man could barely keep up. He hoped his extreme interest and questions weren't annoying the other professors, but he couldn't help it. Barry had basically lived for magic all his life. It was all he had ever known, and he wanted to know it all. The excitement Barry was feeling caused his heart to beat fast and hard against his chest. It had been such a long time since he had been so happy.

"Nice to meet you!" He said, smiling as he looked to the shapeshifter, amused by the form that they took. Were they wearing anything under that lab coat...? Barry had many questions for the shifter, but those would have to be saved for later. He looked at Silas as his questions were answered.

The device that the professor was holding was very interesting to the young man. He wondered what the device's radius was, hoping that it wasn't too long. Barry's first introduction to the teachers was rather embarrassing, and he would rather Silas not know of that event.

"I suppose so." He chuckled lightly as the man tapped on his chest yet again. "So it's kind of like echolocation? Can it pick up noise through walls?"

Barry watched as Silas worked on his device. So the magic circles were actually created instead of just projected? That was the only way that the professor would be able to actually touch them and work on them. That or the wrench was also a projection and the professor was just acting like he was fixing them, but they were making sounds too! Actually, Silas did say that he was the manifestation, so the magic circles actually being physical creations made sense. Magic truly was amazing...

"Ah...you might be disappointed sitting in on my class. Defensive magic is nothing as...flashy and amazing as this." Barry said as he referred to the magic circles that sat in the air. "I'd feel like it might be a little bit of an unfair trade if you teach me something and I teach you something, but I'd love to learn more about Manifestation magic."

"Really? I can?!" Barry asked with extreme excitement as he gently took the visor from Silas. He definitely felt like a kid at this point. It was almost like the first time he had found out about the existence of magic. Barry put the visor on and was immediately faced with darkness. Now he could see why the professor had been wobbling about when he entered the room. Barry extended his hand out to where he knew a wall was and audibly tapped on it. He saw the sound bounce from where his hand was and jump throughout the room as it came into contact with a table and bounced off diagonally to hit an armchair. The sound didn't go much farther than that due to the volume of his tap, but it was enough to cause Barry to be amazed. "Woah..." Barry took a step forward, only to stop dead in his tracks as the sight left him a little off balance. The sound from the step bounced up and left him a little disoriented. He wobbled a little, putting his hand on something warm to re-balance himself. With one hand he took off the visor so he could attempt to regain his surrounding, the other still on whatever he had used to balance himself.

Looking over to where his hand was, he laughed. Of course it was Silas' chest. "Well, I guess we can call it even now, right? I can see what you mean by loopy!"

Dictionaddiction Dictionaddiction

Elijah - Outside the Male Dorm
Elijah shook his head no at the question. Denki was a dying race so most people probably had never seen Denki magic, but Elijah wasn't going to say that. Reminding someone that their race was going extinct was a really terrible thing to do. "It's got its ups and down. Sometimes you're relaxing with a soda near a secret oasis and other times you're fighting off a hoard of bloodthirsty, man eating, scarabs."

"I can't imagine what you've gone through, but I wouldn't say I've lived the best life. Most days I face the threat of death, which can be quite a scary thing. Having to always watch your back definitely leaves...some mental scarring. I've also kind of...got no friends." Elijah let out a nervous laugh. Was telling someone that he had no friends was alright? At this point everyone would just think he's desperate and leave. Perhaps he shouldn't have said that.

"I don't know. I like it, so I guess that's what matters, right? Would be nice to have someone to talk to about my adventures though. "

Feeling awkward about where he had lead the conversation. Elijah took out a paper that he had written his schedule on. "It looks like I've got Manifestation first, Elementalis second, and Clean Necromancy for third. Then some Bio class at a really weird time. What about you?"

Kumii Kumii

Last edited:

Silus Lefebvre

Currently: Talking to Barry and being cheesy while he's at it
In the Teacher's Lounge
"Indeed, it's basically echolocation! Although, picking up sounds through walls? That's a lot more complex," Silus replied, "With just these simple enchantments, I can only increase its sensitivity, but as to whether it can clarify the muffled sounds..." Silus mused on the thought. Perhaps this invention would be useful for any aspiring eavesdroppers who'd drop some dosh on his work, "Perhaps I'll look into that." Silus began again with new conviction in his voice, eyes gleaming lucratively.

"You give yourself too little credit. Is there any disappointment to be had when learning? Is magic graded by how flashy it is?" Silus leaned in and raised an eyebrow to Barry for emphasis as he continued, "I love manifestation magic not because it's flashy or amazing... it's practical and it's art! It's form, it's function, and it's fantasy! It's what empowered me to create all that I can today. It's what's practical for me. But what's practical for me didn't keep me safe when I lived as a vagabond, nor did it save me from any swindlers or bandits or angry mobs with pitchforks." Silus paused for a moment. Sure, he couldn't really be harmed cause he was quite hardy, but the memories weren't pleasant,
tumblr_n91gi0LrDM1re8axso1_500.gif
"Besides, art isn't about being flashy, it's about sending a message. " Silus flashed a wink, and any onlooker could swear, Silus manifested a tiny star just to look cuter, "You only call it unfair cause you underestimate yourself, but I see potential in this," Silus poked Barry in the chest again, this time intentionally gesturing towards him, "So don't cut yourself short kid. Anytime you want any help, any lessons you want or stories you want to share, come to my workshop. You've made a good impression on me." Silus spoke frankly and straightforwardly, clearly looking more blunt after ending his little pep talk with his assessment of Barry.

Watching Barry put on the visor was like watching a child receive a gift. How cute. Now that he was an onlooker, it must have looked really weird how he, too, was fumbling around blind. Perhaps he needed to figure out a better enchantment system for the device. The soft remark of amazement from Barry gave Silus a surge of pride. Maybe he'll keep the visuals, they do seem to impress. He definitely needed to make it easier for people to u--

"Oh." Silus gasped softly as Barry poked his own chest. Chuckles turned to laughter as Silus got his visor back, "Indeed, we're even." standing up, the phantasma walked to a wall and placed a hand on the brick, letting a green glow flow through the crack and seals to form a door, "But loopy? Boy, you haven't seen loopy yet." Silus laughed as he opened the door, revealing his workshop beyond, "Well, good day, Barry. I've got to start working on my first lesson, and I hope you've got your lesson plans ready." about to close the door, Silus suddenly peeked his head out again to add, "You make good company. I expect to see you around sometime... so don't be a stranger." with a flick of a finger, a map manifested in front of Barry, with a simple enchantment to reflect the map of the current school grounds. Silus gave another of his iconic winks before he entered and closed the door behind him. Upon closing, the door itself seemed to fade away, and the manifestation was gone.

Currently: Talking to Barry and being cheesy while he's at it

In the Teacher's Lounge
"Indeed, it's basically echolocation! Although, picking up sounds through walls? That's a lot more complex," Silus replied, "With just these simple enchantments, I can only increase its sensitivity, but as to whether it can clarify the muffled sounds..." Silus mused on the thought. Perhaps this invention would be useful for any aspiring eavesdroppers who'd drop some dosh on his work, "Perhaps I'll look into that." Silus began again with new conviction in his voice, eyes gleaming lucratively.

tumblr_n91gi0LrDM1re8axso1_500.gif
"You give yourself too little credit. Is there any disappointment to be had when learning? Is magic graded by how flashy it is?" Silus leaned in and raised an eyebrow to Barry for emphasis as he continued, "I love manifestation magic not because it's flashy or amazing... it's practical and it's art! It's form, it's function, and it's fantasy! It's what empowered me to create all that I can today. It's what's practical for me. But what's practical for me didn't keep me safe when I lived as a vagabond, nor did it save me from any swindlers or bandits or angry mobs with pitchforks." Silus paused for a moment. Sure, he couldn't really be harmed cause he was quite hardy, but the memories weren't pleasant, "Besides, art isn't about being flashy, it's about sending a message. " Silus flashed a wink, and any onlooker could swear, Silus manifested a tiny star just to look cuter, "You only call it unfair cause you underestimate yourself, but I see potential in this," Silus poked Barry in the chest again, this time intentionally gesturing towards him, "So don't cut yourself short kid. Anytime you want any help, any lessons you want or stories you want to share, come to my workshop. You've made a good impression on me." Silus spoke frankly and straightforwardly, clearly looking more blunt after ending his little pep talk with his assessment of Barry.

Watching Barry put on the visor was like watching a child receive a gift. How cute. Now that he was an onlooker, it must have looked really weird how he, too, was fumbling around blind. Perhaps he needed to figure out a better enchantment system for the device. The soft remark of amazement from Barry gave Silus a surge of pride. Maybe he'll keep the visuals, they do seem to impress. He definitely needed to make it easier for people to u--

"Oh." Silus gasped softly as Barry poked his own chest. Chuckles turned to laughter as Silus got his visor back, "Indeed, we're even." standing up, the phantasma walked to a wall and placed a hand on the brick, letting a green glow flow through the crack and seals to form a door, "But loopy? Boy, you haven't seen loopy yet." Silus laughed as he opened the door, revealing his workshop beyond, "Well, good day, Barry. I've got to start working on my first lesson, and I hope you've got your lesson plans ready." about to close the door, Silus suddenly peeked his head out again to add, "You make good company. I expect to see you around sometime... so don't be a stranger." with a flick of a finger, a map manifested in front of Barry, with a simple enchantment to reflect the map of the current school grounds. Silus gave another of his iconic winks before he entered and closed the door behind him. Upon closing, the door itself seemed to fade away, and the manifestation was gone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back