• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.
I really like your character too! We have an interesting cast coming together.

Sarcastic grappler, Serious hunteress, overly-flirty vampire, nerdy curious angel all we need now is some angsty teen and we have a perfect anime team.
Agreed!! Definitely a ragtag batch of heroes that probably will have some chaotic dynamics

SJSJSJSJSJDJDDJ NOT THE NERDY! YOU RIFHT THOUGH! And pfft now I’m just imagining the characters being summarized in highschool stereotypes like a rebel, a jock, a playboy, and a nerd… all we need is the group’s emo/goth and we’re all set

So quick lore question, for the Beast Men would that include cat-folk? Just asking before I decide on what race I'm going to play.

The character is either going to be a knight with a serious case of imposter syndrome. This is due to the fact that they are actually not a knight, but a squire who's knight perished due to an accident. Fearing that their death would be labeled as their fault, they took up their armor, mount and name in order to convince people that it was the squire who had died. Unfortunately they keep running into situations where they must act as a knight would, including responding to a summons from the kingdom.

Second idea is a duelist who is convinced that they are immortal, because during a fever dream they had a vision of themself dying in a certain way. Fully convinced that they received a prophetic vision of their demise, they proceeded to cackle with elation and declared themselves immortal. Eschewing any sort of armor or shielding, they face certain death fully believing that they won't die. This has lead to them living completely in the moment and indulging in whatever strikes their fancy.

took a break from working on my cs to look at y'all's and... lmao I'm planning on pulling in one of my main OCs at a later age than I usually play him for fun and here's everyone in their 20s
1660754962870.png

So quick lore question, for the Beast Men would that include cat-folk? Just asking before I decide on what race I'm going to play.

The character is either going to be a knight with a serious case of imposter syndrome. This is due to the fact that they are actually not a knight, but a squire who's knight perished due to an accident. Fearing that their death would be labeled as their fault, they took up their armor, mount and name in order to convince people that it was the squire who had died. Unfortunately they keep running into situations where they must act as a knight would, including responding to a summons from the kingdom.

Second idea is a duelist who is convinced that they are immortal, because during a fever dream they had a vision of themself dying in a certain way. Fully convinced that they received a prophetic vision of their demise, they proceeded to cackle with elation and declared themselves immortal. Eschewing any sort of armor or shielding, they face certain death fully believing that they won't die. This has lead to them living completely in the moment and indulging in whatever strikes their fancy.
Yo!!! Both ideas sound amazing!! I applaud your creativity

That Knight concept is super cool! You've got some great character ideas

Yes, Beast-Men include cat-folk. Both of your ideas sound interesting, can’t wait to see what you come up with.

before I get deep into abilities, what kind of lore do you have in your mind if any regarding how magic works in this world?

before I get deep into abilities, what kind of lore do you have in your mind if any regarding how magic works in this world?
Basically it kind of works like an innate ability. Some people and races have a natural affinity for magic or otherwise have "magical energy" within them. Some people and races have a far stronger affinity than others causing magic to come easier to them and allowing them to use stronger and more advanced spells as well as taking less of a toll on them. There are primarily two types of magic. Traditional Magic and Rune Magic. Traditional Magic is essentially spells in the form of words or phrases. For example, someone could say a magical word or phrase and a large fire tornado may form. It is primarily used for instant spellcasting. Rune Magic on the other hand are spells that activate upon certain conditions. The spellcaster forms runes or magic circles and sets it somewhere. When forming the runes, the spellcaster can make rules in which the spell will activate. For example, there's a sword with a rune set on the hilt. There's a rule on the hilt saying only humans can pick it up and wield it. An orc could try, but would never be able to pick it up. Unless the rune was broken. Rune Magic can be broken but it takes exceptional skill and magic expertise. It also depends on the level and complexity of the runes. Rune Magic can be set on anything and rules are almost infinite although the complexity and number of rules allowed boil down to the power of the spellcaster. A rune cannot overwrite another rune which includes adding a rule or changing a rule to another spellcaster's rune. It can only be broken.

Hope this answers your question. Ask if you have more!

awesome. I think that all works with what I've been formulating. thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back