• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Optimo

Demon Defier
The Gem of the Heavens. Legend says it is the solidified tear of Dita, a goddess who resides in The Realm Above the Clouds. They say her husband was slain by an evil force and one of her divine tears fell to The Realm Below the Clouds. It was eventually discovered and it was revealed that this gem held immense power. It was considered a blessing and a curse as it brought many wars and battles over it. For years, people fought over this gem and it's heavenly power. Eventually a powerful mage hid and sealed the gem away from the world and the general populace forgot about it. Time went on and it became something only of legend, a mere myth to maintain order in the world. All until an incredible warrior dedicated his life to finding the gem. He found the man who sealed it and forced him to unseal it for his own selfish desires. The man immediately reported the incident to his kingdom and with the gem now in the evil warrior's hands he posed a massive threat to not only the kingdom, but the world. The kingdom decided to form the strongest team of warriors they could to combat the new force of evil. The evil warrior and the kingdom's band of warriors clashed. During the battle the gem was shattered into fragments and the pieces scattered all across the lands. The team of warriors were all killed and the evil warrior was severely wounded. Since then people have discovered the fragments, not knowing they were a part of the Gem of the Heavens. The pieces still held a fraction of the divine power so people used it as they saw fit. The evil warrior retreated to build his power back up. He wasn't finished and he planned to collect all fragments to possess the full power of the Gem of Heavens. A new team of heroes would have to rise to prevent this. Except, there's only one problem. The current most skilled warriors are not people that are favored.

Basically our characters will be flawed, different, and heavily skilled and we'll be given the responsibility of saving the world. What could go wrong, right?

In a world different from our own lies the Kingdom of Brenia. A good kingdom known for it's tasty foods, beautiful art, and annual festivities. The Kingdom of Brenia is actually the combination of two powerful smaller kingdoms that united after a war. It is the largest kingdom in the lands and holds several regions within it. It is where this roleplay will start and where our characters will meet.

This is a medieval-esque roleplay so weapons will consist of things like swords, shields, bows. etc. Magic is also a thing. Travel will primarily consist of horses, carriages, and walking.

There are several known races that reside in the lands.

Humans - The most common race in The Realm Below the Clouds. Nothing is really special about them.

Elves - Long-lived, pointy-eared and only female. Yep, that's right. Elves in The Realm Below the Clouds is a female-only race. They are naturally swift and agile.

Dwarves - Short, stout, bearded and fond of singing, drinking, mining and fighting.

Orcs - Big warlike folk. Their skin can range from grey to brown from brown to green. Usually hot-blooded and naturally stronger than average.

Goblins - Small and green with big ears. They are quick and rather clever.

Beast Men - Various sorts of humanoid animals and zoomorphic humanoids. Beast Men are a male only race.

Centaurs - Horse-bodied humanoids, sometimes resembling other ungulates. This race is rare. Centaurs are also quite durable and hardened.

Giants - Have gotten smaller and less apparent over time. They are incredibly rare and commonly believed to be extinct.

Halfling - Small people who are typically wise and charming.

Lizard Folk - Reptilian humanoids, usually leaning more towards reptilian than humanoid. Lizard Folk are naturally barbaric and aggressive.

Treants - Plant people resembling humanoid trees. Trents are guardians of the forest and all things nature.

Trolls - Small hulking brutes. Strong and durable but slow and typically dull.

Angels - A race known for their beauty and elegance. They have a strong affinity for magic and possess wings. Extremely rare as they mostly reside in The Realm Above the Clouds. There was only one half-angel who was ever known to roam The Realm Below the Clouds.

Demons - Masters of dark magic. Black humanoid creatures with bright red veins that glow beneath their skin. They can take on normal humanoid appearances, mostly to deceive others. They are common but rarely seen. They're sneaky and keep a low profile but almost always up to no good. They have spiky tails and can move incredibly quickly.

Other Species

Dire Beasts - Larger, more powerful variants of mundane animals.

Dragons - Giant, winged, element-breathing reptiles. Absurdly powerful and dangerous creatures. They can talk and their personalities vary.

Notes
- I want the main team to consist of no more than 5-6 heroes. That doesn't mean those are the only roles I'm accepting. If you're interested and the slots for the main team are filled, ask or speak to me about other roles. And don't worry I'll make sure the role is just as important.

- As far as characters go, it will not be first come first serve, I will choose based on character submissions on who I think would fit.

- This will be a semi-lit to adv-lit RP. No one-liners and try your best to give good quality responses to people.

- If a lot of details seem to be missing, I apologize. I'm still kind of working them out and this is to see if anybody would even be interested before I proceed.

- If you have any other questions or are interested, let me know!​

This certainly seems interesting, mind if a ole skeleton lad like me throws his hat into the ring?

You are fully welcome! Glad to have you.
Nice… now, already, I got a couple ideas for a lad all of which are human but who cares about what race the lad is… so, I have either an idea of a gladiator known for his reputation and glory within the arena, having scored multiple victories across his career. The idea with them is that they are constantly seeking for the next great thing to bring him the rush of adrenaline from fighting as well as more glory to be had no matter the cost. The second lad is moreso an infamous one, a bandit known for his dirty fighting and usage of ambushes on his lonesome. Prefers to keep quiet and may or may not tell his comrades whether or not they are part of a plan, but will play his part to gain his freedom.

Ooh! This does look pretty fun to me as well! I’d love to throw my hat into the ring as well! I was thinking of some Angel scholar who literally is just there to gather more knowledge that she could not attain in the Realm above the Clouds, a goal that she allows to distract her from helping others or the greater good. Just facing the enemy like “wait wait hold on, let them fire that spell. I wanna see what it does.”

Nice… now, already, I got a couple ideas for a lad all of which are human but who cares about what race the lad is… so, I have either an idea of a gladiator known for his reputation and glory within the arena, having scored multiple victories across his career. The idea with them is that they are constantly seeking for the next great thing to bring him the rush of adrenaline from fighting as well as more glory to be had no matter the cost. The second lad is moreso an infamous one, a bandit known for his dirty fighting and usage of ambushes on his lonesome. Prefers to keep quiet and may or may not tell his comrades whether or not they are part of a plan, but will play his part to gain his freedom.
Both ideas sound quite interesting. Can't wait to see what further details you sort out.
Hi!!

Interested!!

What should we play? Lets-Be-An Elf of course!! Lol Let's gooooo!!
Glad to see your interested!
Ooh! This does look pretty fun to me as well! I’d love to throw my hat into the ring as well! I was thinking of some Angel scholar who literally is just there to gather more knowledge that she could not attain in the Realm above the Clouds, a goal that she allows to distract her from helping others or the greater good. Just facing the enemy like “wait wait hold on, let them fire that spell. I wanna see what it does.”
Ooooouu Sounds very interesting!

gonna toss my hat into the ring for this

how do you think this group of warriors is going to come about? are they going to get some kind of summons? some event occur when they happen to be in the same place that unites them? ?

gonna toss my hat into the ring for this

how do you think this group of warriors is going to come about? are they going to get some kind of summons? some event occur when they happen to be in the same place that unites them? ?
They will be united by the King of Brenia. Summoned to his quarters with great urgency.

Sorry everybody, I've had a unexpectedly busy past couple of days. I'll be sure to definitely get the character thread up by today if it's the last thing I'll do.

Any chance you got room for one more?
I definitely want to throw my hat into the ring for this, it sounds great!

gonna work on my character today :3
will you be making an ooc thread for this?

So I've started on my character and I just wanted to double check what is meant by abilities? Obviously magic has already been stated to be a thing, but what type of abilities would for example a brute forced based swordsman have?

So I've started on my character and I just wanted to double check what is meant by abilities? Obviously magic has already been stated to be a thing, but what type of abilities would for example a brute forced based swordsman have?
I suppose they wouldn’t really have much. Abilities mostly mean magical abilities or racial abilities.

I suppose they wouldn’t really have much. Abilities mostly mean magical abilities or racial abilities.
Wonderful just wanted to double check I thought that might be the case. Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back