• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Breath of Destruction OOC/ Lore

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Ngl, been unclear at times with that. Like, I feel like Thunderclap and Flash is definitely enhanced with lightning , but Idk.
I mean, they're definitely superhuman. Could be sonic boom, as tanjiro went "the fuck was that, I heard a boom, but no ozone." After Zenitsu's shining moment.

Then again, everyone apparently can hold their sword so hard they set fire, so...

🤷

The red sword effect has unclear specifications tbh, their grip is one, but they also need the demon slayer mark active at the time, don't they?

Aren't the elemental effects just visual effects representing the sword styles...?
Technically yes, the swordsman imagine the different elemental effects to help them direct their attacks. As for the lightning thing, they are using their physical strength to make themselves seem faster. Breathing styles increase the circulation of your blood, allowing you to perform feats of strength and stamina. So it’s not superhuman really, more just slightly enhanced.

for example, Oji uses what is called the Sitali or cooling breath. It quite literally regulates his body to keep it at a lower temperature than an average human. This helps clot blood if he is bleeding, cool down his body to prevent fatigue and over heating in battle, and because nichirin swords are actually made to trap heat, he does the opposite by cooling his body temperature which in turn cools the blade to a frigid temperature allowing him to create his illusion

demon slayer is grounded in actual swordsman techniques, just enhanced by visual effects or the “imagination” of the swords man. So if you are a breath of water user you would imagine your blade being trailed with water to create attacks.

Last edited:
I mean, they're definitely superhuman. Could be sonic boom, as tanjiro went "the fuck was that, I heard a boom, but no ozone." After Zenitsu's shining moment.

Then again, everyone apparently can hold their sword so hard they set fire, so...

🤷
Lol it’s definitely a grey area

Technically yes, the swordsman imagine the different elemental effects to help them direct their attacks. As for the lightning thing, they are using their physical strength to make themselves seem faster. Breathing styles increase the circulation of your blood, allowing you to perform feats of strength and stamina. So it’s not superhuman really, more just slightly enhanced.

for example, Oji uses what is called the Sitali or cooling breath. It quite literally regulates his body to keep it at a lower temperature than an average human. This helps clot blood if he is bleeding, cool down his body to prevent fatigue and over heating in battle, and because nichirin swords are actually made to trap heat, he does the opposite by cooling his body temperature which in turn cools the blade to a frigid temperature allowing him to create his illusion

demon slayer is grounded in actual swordsman techniques, just enhanced by visual effects or the “imagination” of the swords man. So if you are a breath of water user you would imagine your blade being trailed with water to create attacks.
Ah, that actually clears up a lot, I’ll have to make some changes at some point.

Ooooh, I'm sooo going to get my ass kicked here IC coming up...

Oh well, in for a penny, in for a pound.

The character himself is fine, breathing style needs work however. Can’t just have snakes popping up from mid air and “red eyes” that kill instantly
Yeah, I was planning on fixing it up a lot, I'm getting someone to help me -

This character's going to be no stronger than the rest of ours despite the regen, infinite stamina, same breathing, blade, invulnerability other than beheading, and apparent death eyes... right...?

(Making my feelings known, cause Nezuko didn't have a sword, or way to deal with enemy demons. I ain't a GM here though, whatever GM says goes, but will admit, as a player does perturb me.)

ok 1: the death eyes thing has to go still and the breath style needs a revamp
2: to be fair you do have to explain their weaknesses in depth and how they sustain themselves without eating people (Nezuko slept for long periods of time)
Ey3_s0ckEts Ey3_s0ckEts

3: I distinctly remember Nezuko kicking the head off a demon...shawty didn't need weapons Ganryu Ganryu

but the demon didn't die, the body still walked around going to the head, right? the power of sunlight infused with the blades is what makes the heads unable to be regenerated

but the demon didn't die, the body still walked around going to the head, right? the power of sunlight infused with the blades is what makes the heads unable to be regenerated
Ngl it was still funny af to watch tho lol

He came back, with wee little arms.. Only sunlight, Wisteria, or bring absorbed really kill a demon. Niichirin blades have sunlight, why decapitation with them work.

Again, I'll respect whatever you say though. Made my piece so I'll shut up.

Also, lol Lightning, very true, therapeutic to watch on replay

yea but I feel like she's killed a demon before I may be wrong. either way ive already said that some type of weakness has to be produced and that the breathing style has to be changed.. not much more I can say

Aye, aye capt'. Answers most of my concerns, and you're the boss anyways! I'm just noisy.

Now for my own character to meet his own mortality coming up. :D

How far y'all figure Masahiko can get bitchslapped?

Oh yeah. Difference in powers so vast, don't mind getting godmodded with however that goes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back