• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern A Werewolf and his Human roommate

Pokeking

Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
I am in search of a coauthor who is at least 18 years of age to roleplay with. Your character would be my character's roommate.

The setting is a university in a small town. Both our characters are incoming Freshmen and they are about the same age.

My character is Josh Nakayama, a Japanese-American teenager who played football in high school. Other hobbies include cooking and drawing. He is a werewolf who was raised by his human parents. He and his parents believe that he isn't the only werewolf in the world, but no wolves have presented themselves to the family to offer support or guidance.

The only trait I ask of your character is he be human because of lore reasons.

This storyline is mostly a slice of life. I am open to either a platonic or a MxM romantic pairing of a slow burn nature. Please note that the decision will affect one of my secondary characters.

RP Experience: 20 years
Time: United States, Central Time

Character sheet: First, I like to keep character sheets simple. I look for name, age, gender, and physical description. Also, significant family and friends. Everything else is optional including face claims.

Post platform: I prefer posting in forum. PM is for discussing the storyline and brainstorming which I enjoy doing with coauthors.
Point of view: Third person Past Tense
Post length: I have been known to write both long posts and short posts. While I believe that post length should be as long as it needs to be, I ask for at least a paragraph. Two would be better.
Post frequency: I can post at least twice a week, more if you post more frequently and I am able to build upon it. However, weekends are best for me. If I’m not able to post for longer than a week's time, I will communicate. Please do the same.
Grammar/Spelling: I am not asking for A+ writing, but I want to be able to understand what is written. If you are concerned, let me know. We can share writing samples if needed.
Ghosting: If you need to exit the storyline, please let me know if possible. If I need to leave, I will do the same if I can.

October 13th, a Tuesday. It was the start of a seemingly ordinary day until one of the most important events in history occurred. It was so momentous, that it became one of a “Where were you when you heard?” event.

There were no flying saucers arriving. There were no little green people requesting, “Take us to your leader.” These others had been here all along and had been living among us for centuries upon centuries. Who were they?

On that fateful day, a man stepped up to a podium in front of several reporters to announce to them and the rest of the world that he was a werewolf. Their initial reaction was skepticism. Surely, this had to be some publicity stunt or a prank. It was no joke as the man’s head shifted into that of a wolf’s and his body became furry. Within hours, more and more werewolves around the world revealed their true selves. All of their own free will.

Aspects such as forced full moon transformations, weakness to silver, and transmission of lycanthropy by bite or scratch are elements of fiction.

Werewolves and ordinary humans are subspecies of human. The lycanthropy gene can become dormant in offspring of werewolf/human pairings and more dormant with each passing generation of human pairings. Every now and then, the gene becomes active after generations to the shock of their human parents who are carriers of the gene.

A werewolf, no matter the pairing, is born human. They are incapable of shifting and do not have access to their other werewolf abilities until the age of about seven if the gene is active. That first shift is a milestone like a child taking their first steps. Under parental supervision at home, a young wolf will try to shift. All understood the importance of keeping this existence a secret.

Werewolves can shift any part of themselves at will. They may appear fully human or fully wolf or anywhere in between. In their full wolf form, they are approximately the size of their human selves. With training, werewolves can limit their abilities to perform on a level playing field with humans. However, they do not have that huge of a physical advantage. If the average human rates a five, the average werewolf rates a six. They have access to their enhanced sense of hearing and of smell. Sensory overload at first, but they quickly learn how to filter input.

They use various terms to describe themselves. However, most use the term werewolf or wolf for short. What does one call the animal then? The animal previously called wolf is now known as wolfling because werewolves see themselves as the true wolves.

They have their own organization and law enforcement agency.

This world is like ours, just one with werewolves which is the only supernatural element. On a side note, anachronisms will exist in regard to my characters since I am basing their ages and elements of their backgrounds to when I was in college in the 1990s. However, the setting has today's technology, social media, and so on.

There are two variants to the main plot and I’m fine with roleplaying either.

Variant 1: That momentous October 13th took place the previous year when our characters were Seniors. The storyline beings the following August as the world continues to navigate the new normal.

Variant 2: That momentous October 13th has not happened yet. The storyline begins in August. The people of the world are unaware that the current era that they are living in is ending and a new one is soon to begin. There are two options with this. Your character can either accidently find out about Josh’s wolf nature before then and keeps it secret or find out about werewolves along with the rest of humanity. Josh would reveal himself soon thereafter.

If you have further questions, please ask in PM. Thank you for your consideration.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back