• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Brainstorming/Interest Check for an idea I had.

Azzucks

Lurkcifer.
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Imagine for me that you're in an NRP. It's fun, but let's be honest. Nobody likes the diplomacy part of NRP the most. I don't. I LOVE war. I'm like Sundowner dude, I love war. So here's my idea.

An NRP where you RP solely as a general.

Lemme explain further.

You are a general, congrats! You are within a country with your other generals ( players ). Unfortunately, an ongoing war ( I was thinking NCR-Legion war, but I wanna see what you guys wanna do first ) is waging, forcing you to get out of your cushy office chair and into a musty room with a map on the table. Work together with your fellow generals or begin a petty power struggle, starving entire divisions in order to get more notice from Papa Chief. Meet with other generals to discuss ongoing events. Maybe even attempt a coup if you feel like it.
If you choose to play a logistics whizz, good for you! If you wanna be Patton, go ahead! If you wanna be a theorist, fine!
If this goes ahead, I will personally be managing logistics and GMing "constant" streams from the homefront and frontline.

Happy to answer questions in the comments below.

Seems interesting! Are you planning to have two player factions butting heads or more of a "co-op" experience where all RPers are on one side?

Imagine for me that you're in an NRP. It's fun, but let's be honest. Nobody likes the diplomacy part of NRP the most. I don't. I LOVE war. I'm like Sundowner dude, I love war. So here's my idea.

An NRP where you RP solely as a general.

Lemme explain further.

You are a general, congrats! You are within a country with your other generals ( players ). Unfortunately, an ongoing war ( I was thinking NCR-Legion war, but I wanna see what you guys wanna do first ) is waging, forcing you to get out of your cushy office chair and into a musty room with a map on the table. Work together with your fellow generals or begin a petty power struggle, starving entire divisions in order to get more notice from Papa Chief. Meet with other generals to discuss ongoing events. Maybe even attempt a coup if you feel like it.
If you choose to play a logistics whizz, good for you! If you wanna be Patton, go ahead! If you wanna be a theorist, fine!
If this goes ahead, I will personally be managing logistics and GMing "constant" streams from the homefront and frontline.

Happy to answer questions in the comments below.
The entity known as Pat will be watching with interest in how this develops.

Seems interesting! Are you planning to have two player factions butting heads or more of a "co-op" experience where all RPers are on one side?
I was thinking more co-op where everyone is on one side, but if there are enough people interested it'd be cool to have two groups competing with eachother.

do you think theres gonna be a discord oh wonderful GM

do you think theres gonna be a discord oh wonderful GM
Probably! I may keep the main RP on here so that I can cram as much into every response, but I'll probably set up an OOC discord.

I'm interested in this! Especially if you go forward with the NCR vs Legion idea. Do you have any ideas for adding in other factions that could perhaps assist or harm the 2 main factions? For example maybe there is an event where the BOS could help out the NCR and we as the general can deal with it.

I'm interested in this! Especially if you go forward with the NCR vs Legion idea. Do you have any ideas for adding in other factions that could perhaps assist or harm the 2 main factions? For example maybe there is an event where the BOS could help out the NCR and we as the general can deal with it.
Yeah! I was planning on having constant events running concurrently to the main RP that would be affect planning and office moves.

Then is itpossible to perhaps be a member who is either currently or previously had been a part of one of those minor factions. (Such as the BOS or Enclave)

Then is itpossible to perhaps be a member who is either currently or previously had been a part of one of those minor factions. (Such as the BOS or Enclave)
Sure, would add some interesting tension!

Another question. Are you looking for a certain amount of players to take interest to begin? Also is it possible as a general to be awarded their own land to manage? Or would it all be warfare-based?

Another question. Are you looking for a certain amount of players to take interest to begin? Also is it possible as a general to be awarded their own land to manage? Or would it all be warfare-based?
I was just typing up the post to say that I felt enough people had shown interest lol
On land management though, it would be possible but I planned for it to be largely focused on warfare with minor politicking.

Thanks for answering my questions! I have a final question. Are you planning to make a CS and are you going to add your own spin on the lore or are you just going to continue off what was already established.

Thanks for answering my questions! I have a final question. Are you planning to make a CS and are you going to add your own spin on the lore or are you just going to continue off what was already established.
No worries, I'm not sure how to create a CS so probably not, but I'll probably add little changes to the lore in order to add more flavour to the background or to the conflicts!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back