• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Brøken: A New Chapter

B
Created at
Index progress
Incomplete

-

Axeykins

Humanoid Typhoon
13 year timeskip.

Oh how far we have come. The road has been long and rough, but we have prevailed. The crater is a haunting reminder of the disaster that befell us thirteen years ago today. One that will never be forgotten.

Every measure possible has been taken to prevent a situation like that at all costs.

You can be anything that we approve. Only takes a simple swipe of the fingers and signing away your soul.

You don't want to be like them, the fully organics, get sick or grow old.

Such a problem.

You want to live forever, be the strongest, be the best citizen!. You know you want to. Go under the knife towards that goal of perfection. Everyone’s doing it here. You don’t want to be an outsider, right? There were good intentions, at first. There have always been nothing but good intentions. Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise. We know what’s best for the good of the people.

Highest quality and most advanced does get you constantly monitored by the government for safety reasons or course, nothing more. It doesn’t cost much. Sell your Organs for your ideal body! Our scientists are always happy to accept them for experimentation. Course there’s always a cheaper market for these kinds of things. If you still can’t afford it we will help you any way we can. As long as it’s shiny and new lookin who cares if it’s a botched operation or crappy tech eh? Why not? We assure you it’s all entirely safe, satisfaction garunteed or your money back. If something goes wrong you can just upload everything that’s you to another body in an instant free of charge!

You’ll be living the high life. Be stronger, faster. Never die. Obedient.

There will never be a problem again, you’ll always be happy and looked after.

It’s of the utmost importance after the incident that rocked our fair city

Progress has been astounding though. Beginning to rebuild on the edge of the crater. Taking back what is ours from the hands of the gangs and rogue cyborgs.

Last edited:
"Ugh! I hate public appearances! Can't we just skip this and head to the after parties already?" Lucid scoffed as he kicked his legs up onto the seat next to him. A scowl pressed across his flawless face. Even in thirteen years he hadn't aged a single day due to the special work he'd gotten.
He was in one Hell of a mood tonight after another shitty performance. At least the fans didn't seem to care as long as they saw him again and something 'normal'. Some things never changed.

"You can't. Not unless you want cooperate to be mad at you again. Especially since this one is big tonight...the Mayor is going to be there and a few even bigger figures than them." Yves spoke up. He sat adjacent to his grouch of a father in the sleek black limousine. Jotting notes down on his tablet-esque device and hopping in and out of his regular chat rooms. He was practically the spitting image of his father. Aside from the attitude which he had luckily skipped over inheriting. "They won't take much more of your attitude you know before they...y'know." He quickly grew quiet. A concerned expression plastered all over his face.

"Yeah yeah. I know. Zappy zappy. 'yes sir! whatever you say sir!' " He made a gun motion to the side of his head. "You don't have to remind me so STOP acting like my manager. Okay? I don't need you telling me what to do on top of everything else." He snapped. Motioning for the driver to promptly take them to the New City Hall. "I'll make the damned appearance, get whatever award they're giving or be that 'wonderful shining example of citizenship' again and we're out...maybe with a few of their drinks along the way then we're out. I've got other things planned tonight." He popped the cork out of a wine bottle chilling next to him and chugged from it.

"I know...." The young man replied quietly. Sinking farther and farther into his seat. "I'll make sure the limo is here and warm when you're ready to go or that someone will help me pick you up as usual."

Lucid only gave his son a side glance. Damn kid playing the guilt card again...who was he to tell him what to do? and be so sickeningly, right. "I'll be careful..okay?" He responded more softly. "One drink, saying hi to some old friends and I'll be back...I'm too tired for anything else."

Last edited:
Cruxious was backstage of the venue where there was to be a performance of a huge pop-star. One whom Cruxious once called a patience. A man whom Cruxious thought could change the world. He was waiting for his arrival. The doctor casually walked around Lucid's dressing room. Picking up random items, observing them. On the table Lucid's groupies had laid out a variety of drugs and alcohol. Under Cruxious' mask and turtle neck shirt was a expression of disapproval. The slender man in black skin tight clothing looked at his hand as it moved as if he was holding a phone. Through the lens of his mask a variity of information was displayed to him, even a chat room in which he used a screen name to socialize with various people.
---
::Chat::
Zam
>Heyy :)
>So I heard your dad was performing tonight at the city.
>Sorry to hear that. He's going to be a big headache for you again isn't he?
>Do you ever think he's going to get his act together? I mean, the way is now is... so embarrassing.
---

Axeykins Axeykins

"Okay..." Yves responded quietly. Becoming more engrossed in his device as it buzzed.
"Come on kiddo, we gotta hurry. I don't have much time to get ready." Lucid tugged on his son's sleeve. Dragging the poor boy along as he headed towards the dressing rooms. Eventually abandoning him with a guard so he could weave through the familiar halls faster. He had waaay too much to get done before the event started and didn't need more distractions.
"Mkay. I'm coming." The young man muttered, eyes not moving from the device once. It was far better than dealing with what he knew was going to happen tonight. He'd at least have someone coherent and intelligent to speak to.

Yvy
>Hey man!
>Oh you don't even know the half if it, it's gonna suck. He already had a performance today and is tired and in a shitty mood. Now this stupid Gala thing. He's going to perform again and show off the company's tech.
>Well, what they claim to be theirs. He knows as well as I do it's total bs. They aren't near that level of stuff or smart enough to reverse engineer it. It's waaay above any top grade stuff I've ever seen before.
>Anyway, he is...better? If you can call it that. Selling his soul and body to that company big time lately but at least he doesn't end up passed out in the gutters as much. He prefers home more.

Jeda Teq Jeda Teq

( Soviet Panda Soviet Panda Dalamus Ulom Dalamus Ulom Quillicious Quillicious Blastcover Blastcover The Suspicious Eye The Suspicious Eye )

Xander was already at the gala, dressed in a splendid blue suit with his hair tied back and out of the way, with just enough left out to frame his porcelain face. White gloved hands wrapped delicately around a champagne glass, and green eyes like emeralds where just another part of what one would call a perfect face. Of course it was perfect, he had designed it down to the last detail after all. He was perfect down to the last detail. Shame he was somewhere that was far from perfect. But he had appearances to keep up. And perhaps if the masses saw him enough times they'd eventually realize his perfection and attempt to mimic him.

Glancing down at a silver watch, gold would have clashed to much with the blue of his suit for his taste, and noted the time. It was nearly 10:30 pm. Not that it mattered. He didn't have anything big planned for tonight. And even if he did, he wouldn't present it here. It would be somewhere everyone would see, so as to be admired properly. The Quartet needed to be seen and heard. Otherwise it just didn't have the same effect, the same impact. It would be to hollow. It would be a one off, with recordings being but a pale imitation, almost a mockery in his opinion, to the original. Many great pieces of art had that curse. Seeing a copy just wasn't the same. But at least everyone would remember who had done it, who had given The Quartet a stage to perform their booming song. The Virtuoso.

But that would have to be for another time. There were awards to politely clap for, and conversations and gossip to pretend to listen to. If any of it actually caught his attention, one he'd be surprised, but then he could have people dig deeper into the subject and tell him everything about it down to what it had for breakfast two weeks ago. Then, and only then, might he decide to pay them a visit himself. But he doubted any of that. No one had caught his attention in what felt like ages.

Just to the left of the door to Lucid's dressing room was a large lizard like creature. It had yellowish green scales and two metal spikes protruding from its back just above the shoulders. It laid their lazily, eyes closed. Perhaps it was asleep.

Inside the dressing room Cruxious continued to text in the chat room holding an invisible phone. "Tired? From simply performing? He must be running himself ragged"

Zam
>From how great you say his body was made, I'm surprised he can get tired.
>People are always trying to make a quick buck. So that's no surprise that they would take credit for it.
>It's a shame your father let's them. He's pretty much lying to the world. LoL, your dad is kinda like those corporate creeps you talk about... in a way.
>Hey, I'd love to chat more, but I gotta go. Latte' Later.
-Zam has exited the chat-
::Chat end::

After finishing his text, Cruxious moved behind the chair in front of the beauty mirror. He spun in around so that it was facing the door. With a flick of his a wrist a scalpel appeared in his hand. It wasn't anything fancy just a normal surgical tool that he had hidden up his sleep. He then continued to wait for Lucid.

::chat::
Yvy
>on top of all the gigs the company sets up him and appearances he just doesn't rest. Not till he straight up passes out.
>Yeah, he's definitely turned that way. Always lets them control everything too from how he dresses to pretty much how he breaths. It's real sad how much he's been selling out.
>talk to ya later. I'm gonna go meander around this Hell hole of an event and find a wall to bash my head against.
-Yvy left the chat-
::chat end::

Yves tucked his device into one of the many pockets of his khaki shorts, straightened out his hoodie and headed out among the crowd. He always got such weird looks at these events...maybe he should try dressing more casual like everyone else? Although, admittedly, it was nice that he wasn't forced to and his father's name alone got him permission to do so. Of course being practically the spitting image of the pop star also had a hand in it.
Jeda Teq Jeda Teq Soviet Panda Soviet Panda Dalamus Ulom Dalamus Ulom Quillicious Quillicious Blastcover Blastcover The Suspicious Eye The Suspicious Eye

Lucid burst into the dressing room in a huff. They always had to rush him Dammit. Even with his appearance not even set until a couple hours into this thing. They wanted him 'presentable' and looking as flawless as possible. Psht. What a joke. He looked like he had been drug through Hell and back, not far from the truth with his bosses.
"Uuuugh I don't know of all the stage makeup in the world will cover this up today." He groaned. Flipping around to stare into the mirror only to get a heart stopping shock. A figure he knew all too well now haunting his room. "What the....how did you get in here?! This place is supposed to be strictly secured and monitored."
Jeda Teq Jeda Teq

(To help Set the scene!)

Currently it is night, there is a chance of rain in the area but the temperature is the lower 70s with a lovely cool, light breeze.
The gala is being held in a fairly fancy place near city center, a wondrous old building that has withstood the recent times and stands beautiful and shining.
The event is full of regular citizens checking out the products and deals, some of the lower class looking in hoping to be pitied or find a sponsor or someone to sell themselves too for parts and some snooty ass rich people.
And as always the usual protesters outside. Holding signs and shouting to any passerby to not be fooled and how the people inside are sick, crazy and twisted and how the government is nothing but rotten.

Cruxious looked at Lucid through the lens of his expressionless mask. Information appeared on Lucid's body on the HUD inside. He could see that the Pop Star's child had not been exaggerating on Lucid's condition. In fact he hadn't realized how bad it was. "Sit" he said gesturing for Lucid to have a seat in the swivel chair. "I walked in through the back door, much like you did. I'm the medic for this even after all. Why do you seem afraid? It's been over ten years since we last saw each other."

Axeykins Axeykins

"I'm not I'm just, uh...surprised after all this time." He lied through his teeth. The star was mortified. After all he had done and was doing with this body Cruxious gave him he didn't want to ever see this guy again or at the very least avoid all interaction. Steeling himself Lucid approached the chair and sat down cautiously. "Ten years is a long time isn't it? I did not know you had become a medic and even came to events like this."
Jeda Teq Jeda Teq

The murmurs of the crowd were soon broken and drowned out but the pop and crackle of a microphone. Soon followed by a booming voice. "Welcome welcome everyone! We are beyond thrilled to see such a turnout tonight! From, all walks of life." A man, dressed to the nines and sleek as a greased well tuned machine stood on the stage. Perfect smile cracked across his flawless face. Enhanced eyes glowing a bright blue as he scanned the crowd. The lower class there disgusted him, but at least they were there and most showing interest. Maybe something could be done with them, but for now he was sure to send a signal to the guards to keep them separated from the higher citizens. Making sure they were only allowed near the doctors or dealers. "Now I am sure you are all just as excited as I am to see what is in store tonight! We have a wonderful new line of cybernetics and other enhancements that are sure to fulfill your greatest desires! And do not worry, we are always happy to help aaaaannyone with the cost of such things! if you have any questions our wonderful doctors and trusted employees are more than happy to help or answer any questions. And please. Stick around for a performance from the beloved pop sensation Lucid! See what Our technology can do at its pique performance and what you can truly achieve!"

Soviet Panda Soviet Panda Dalamus Ulom Dalamus Ulom Quillicious Quillicious Jeda Teq Jeda Teq Blastcover Blastcover The Suspicious Eye The Suspicious Eye

Meanwhile:

The police were out full force patrolling the streets. Or at least even more full and forceful than usual. They wanted nothing to go wrong. NOTHING. otherwise heads would roll. The general public who paid no mind to such publicity stunts, scum in the gutters and trash in the streets protesting were under fierce watch. Trying their damnedest to ensure the dark underbelly of this fine city was kept pinned under the boots of the ever growing and near unstoppable dogs that followed their master without questioning.

Last edited:
"Sure," the tone in Cruxious' voice indicated that he saw through the facade Lucid was struggling to uphold. "Ten years is a long. Some people change, some people stay the same." Cruxious put the scalpel away, up his sleeve. "Tell something. How long will you choose to live in depravity?" The slender man grabbed a syringe from the table. It's contents were unknown, but Lucid may have thought it was one of his preferred drugs. "I'm certain your son is getting tired of watching someone he loves fall apart at the seems." He laid his hand on Lucid's shoulder. The glove was cold, and the coolness felt wet. It smelled sterile, just like his lab did all those years ago.

"Maybe you need another lesson." With a quick prick to the neck, Lucid felt the contents of the syringe flow into his perfect body. "Last time we did this all of your artificial parts started to malfunction. I wonder what will happen now." He placed the syringe in Lucid's hand and walked out of the dressing room. With a snap of his finger the lazy Zamitria followed close behind him.
Axeykins Axeykins

Cruxious weaved through the crowd like a snake in the grass. Hardly anyone had noticed him, despite his 'odd' appearance. Though, in a place like this oddity was the norm. "These people are all sick. In mind and body." He thought to himself as he inspected several individuals on his way to the viewing area of 'top notch' products.

Walking past a man dressed in blue, Cruxious gently rubbed his hand down his back, "Pardon me"
Soviet Panda Soviet Panda

Someone touched him. He could feel the spot, the exact spot, where their hand touched him. He wanted to change his clothes, right now. Who knows where their hand has been? He certainly didn't. But he couldn't simply disappear and come back wearing a different shirt, that would be to strange. He was an artist, and some people had pretty strange ideas about what artists are like, but that would be taking it to far. No, the best he could do was politely excuse himself, and clean off the back as best he could. And so he did just that, politely declining conversation and heading to the restroom, giving the excuse of "freshening up".

"I'm not. My life is perfectly fine right now. A few bumps in the road here and there but it's fine. And don't you dare talk about my son. He can leave whenever he wants, I'm not tying him down." The star winced as the sharp prick of a needle in his neck hit. He could feel whatever the contents were in that syringe coursing through his veins like fire. "Ow what the Hell Crux.....ous.." It hardly took any time at all for the effects to take place, at least in his current pathetic state. 'CRITICAL ERROR' Flashed before his eyes as all else turned to static.
"F-F-F-fuck. No! N-n-n-n-not tonight!" His voice cracked and popped as the star struggled to get out of the chair. "C-C-CRUX-I-IOUS!" Falling to his knees in the process. He was losing all control of his limbs, they twitched and jerked painfully as he moved towards the door. Attempting to call out for help only to let out a stuttering, garbled mess. At the very least he managed to activate the panic alarm in his systems. That would get help there eventually. Should be faster with the event going on. It was going to be painful as fuck too but they wouldn't allow him to ruin it. No matter what the cost.

Back on the stage, a twinge of irritation crossed the slick snake's face. He cleared his throat and made yet another announcement.
"He will be out momentarily to kick things off with a performance and then speak with you! So hang tight you fine citizens while we fetch him!"

He left them with a grand smile and cheery tune. Which disappeared instantly as he stormed back stage. "You goddamn son of a bitch." He hissed. Nodding to the guards to haul the still seizing popstar off of the ground roughly. Holding him firmly in place as the man approached. " You better thank her that you're so lucky that we still need you."
Lucid was silenced by the guards as a device was coldly stuck to the side of his head. Followed by a strong electrical current sparking from it. His eyes bugged out for a moment, flipping between all colors of the rainbow before landing on an eerie purple encircled in bright red.
Aside from some twitching they could not hope to control, Lucid had stopped moving entirely. Barely even blinking. His eyes blankly staring off into the distance.
"Good boy." The man pat his slender cheek. "You know what to do. Make sure to move your lips, smile, look pretty and they won't know the difference." That wide grin returned as they straightened the young star's appearance up and ushered him onto the stage.
"Thank you thank you! It is a great pleasure to be here tonight with you lovelies. Who's ready to kick this wonderful event brought to you by the dashing and daring CEOs and scientists of Axerin City into full gear!?"
The audience clapped and screamed as Lucid smiled and waved. Staring through them. Not a single step out of line or word stuttered. Just, perfect as ever.

Jeda Teq Jeda Teq Soviet Panda Soviet Panda Quillicious Quillicious Dalamus Ulom Dalamus Ulom Blastcover Blastcover The Suspicious Eye The Suspicious Eye

Last edited:
Disgusting....the sight of his father up on the stage like. That. It made his stomach churn. It was bad enough he had gotten the alert on his device and knew he had lied. Gone overboard with his usual pleasures again and panicked in his tripped out state. Then got himself controlled by the company. It was all 'overbearing promotion and sucking up to them' here and 'generic response to fan or buyer question' there. Even to him.
Yves let out a pained sigh and leaned against the cold wall. Looks like he was calling the driver again tonight and hauling his father's ass back home. Making sure he didn't nearly od again and need further medical attention. "Dammit....so much for that promise....again."

Jeda Teq Jeda Teq Soviet Panda Soviet Panda Dalamus Ulom Dalamus Ulom Quillicious Quillicious Blastcover Blastcover The Suspicious Eye The Suspicious Eye

2015-10-27-779699.png
A long expensive car drove up to the gala. Where three tall and fierce looking men exited the front and moved to the back door. Slowly opening the back door he bowed to the small woman who stepped out. Her Cane was the first thing to be seen. Black and silver adorned in rare metals and jewels. Then her shoes and dress, to finally reveal one of the most powerful socialites here. Adeline frowned not pleased to see such peasantry in he presence, however for her husband she would bare the revolting site of them.

"Keep the peasants away from me. Or I'll have your heads, understand?" She looked sternly at her stoic guards who gave a solemn nod.

A cold smile grew on Adeline's face as she nodded and began to walk. "Good the last thing I want is to have to hire new help. Especially from the rabble here." Moving down the streets of peasants who would gladly sell their bodies to her she ignored them all. She wasn't interested. With her wealth and power Adeline could get anything she wanted regardless of paying attention to such vermin. Stepping along her path in her expensive heels she entered into the socialite center where all of the upper crust lives. Looking back to her guards she waved them off in annoyed manner and began to walk the halls alone. Annoyed still that her husband was too entwined with work to come she was in a particularly foul mood. Watching a well dressed man pass her on the way to the bathroom. Glancing at him she raised a eyebrow before heading towards the socialites. Snapping her fingers a glass was placed in her hand by a server. And now to socialize. Not like there was anyone worth speaking to at these things.

Jeda Teq Jeda Teq Soviet Panda Soviet Panda Dalamus Ulom Dalamus Ulom Quillicious Quillicious Blastcover Blastcover Axeykins Axeykins

2015-09-02-765656.png
"Isn't this guy amazing Spar?! I'm so glad you finally agreed to go!" Her think bearded co-worker said as he jumped to the music.

"Yeah! He's great!" Sparrow said, half lying, it was good, although she was a bit distracted. Looking at the performer on stage she'd never seen him, but he was absolutely perfect. Almost hollow. Was this what entertainment was now? A robotic perfection of music, or was something off? Her newly teal eyes shimmered as she switched her vision Nothing looked off and still, maybe her own uneasiness in crowds is what made her feel like something's off. Still it was better than being near those wealthy jerks. Knowing that her mother would be at the event Sparrow decided to steer clear of her and head toward the entertainment. Hiding her appearance behind her father's genius technology she'd changed her hair to a vibrant pink. With her teal eyes, red glasses, and slutty attire not even her father would recognize her in this.

Pretending to be excited she danced along with her co worker, all the while scanning her surroundings for her true target. A stranger in the crowd a stranger who had the same bullets that killed her and her husband all those years ago. A long-shot to say the very least, however her sources pointed that whoever it was was here. It would be easier to trace the bullets, but the dissolved in what was left of her body a few minutes after being in her body. It was one of the reason she was still alive today. A bullet with that much technological progress would definitely be sold here. She'll just have to hunt for it and trace whoever after the mother leaves. So for now she'll party, though maybe I'll get some more views from back stage.

Looking at her co-worker she thought about if she should tell him only to decide against it. Sparrow slipped away from the drunken crowd and proceeded to sneak her way inside. Wondering how she looked at her reflection in a glass plane, and rolled her eyes. How indeed? I'd think father was a bit perverted when he created my new body. Oh well it serves a purpose. Making her way over to the most susceptible bouncer and began to flirt her way through the scenes of the concert. Walking the halls she winked at some of the guards passing by as she carried a bit of equipment to look like she belonged. Seeing a kid leaning against one of the walls. "Oh, and what kind of promise is that? You never know it may not be too late."

Axeykins Axeykins

Yves turned his head towards the woman who responded to his question curiously. He didn't recognise her whatsoever, but she was dressed rather...interestingly. It was no mystery how this one got through the guards.
"Ah...well. Unfortunately it is too late. He promised he wouldn't do this tonight. Shoot up or whatever the Hell he did before this thing, it was going to be a normal, peaceful night. Now the company is pissed off at him again and he's in pain and...and." Yves cut himself off as he became choked up. "Sorry. Didn't mean to blurt that out and dump it all on a stranger. Stress, just loads of stress built up and you're the first person I've talked to all night."

The Suspicious Eye The Suspicious Eye

Sparrow wasn't all too sure who he was talking about. Judging from his attire and location he was probably one of the staff members kid or something along that line. Still it was pretty cute of him to just start releasing all of that on her, so smiled at him. "It's cool. Sometimes you just need to unload it onto a stranger. I don't mind listening if you want to talk." She wanted to get to the stage to get a clearer scan of her armament seller, but she won't be able to until the main act is off stage. So she was free to at least help one kid out even just a bit. "I have time." Placing the piece of equipment she had been carrying down against the wall she looked back at him. "I'll even give you some friendly advice after if you want. Maybe the situation isn't as bleak as you might think."
Axeykins Axeykins

"I dunno" He shrugged. Eyeing whatever it was that this stranger sat behind her. "He was getting better but lately. Just, parties, drugs, waking up in the gutter. I usually follow close along or keep an eye on his systems to make sure nothing too bad happens." He huffed. "But tonight he promised me. Promised he wouldn't do anything and said he was tired and we would just go home after this and now. This!"
His arm shot out from his side as he motioned to the stage. "Up there, under THEIR control again. I hate it when he's like this. Just...spouts pre-programed and recorded messages and songs. Generic and pandering to whatever the Company wants him to say. There's no emotion to his music...no emotion towards the fans. He can't think for himself, doesn't recognize anyone like this...not even me. He's nothing but an empty, lifeless puppet." He tightened the drawstrings on his hoodie to hide his face as he ranted on. "Then they send him home and shut him down like nothing ever happened and it keeps happening more and more frequently. I don't know why they're so paranoid and vehement on keeping the control. He doesn't even have their tech on him, only spotty archives of if in memory banks. Bah.....I'm sorry again. I'm really laying it on a complete stranger now."
A soft smile crossed his face. "My name's Yves. Only feels fitting to let ya know seeing as you're ears are probably ringing from all of this now. haha."
The Suspicious Eye The Suspicious Eye

( Jeda Teq Jeda Teq Soviet Panda Soviet Panda Dalamus Ulom Dalamus Ulom Blastcover Blastcover Quillicious Quillicious )

Sparrow listened to him, and while she did it became pretty clear who he was talking about. This kid was the performer's son. Oh wow I was not expecting that. Poor kid. Listening to him talk about him being under their control it was clear that her suspicions were right. The performer wasn't all normal. Still it was a shame to be played as a puppet like this, especially to a father. Watching him hide his face she gave a soft smile, he really was a cute kid. She understood where he was coming from, her childhood may not have been filled with sex, drugs, and rock and roll. However, she knew all about neglect. Not that she could say anything, she was neglectful as well.

As he apologized Sparrow shook her head, "No it's cool really. It's unfair what their doing to him and you. You're a good kid and you don't deserve this." In all honesty Sparrow could think of a few ways to at least help out this kid and his dad, but the problem was any real help would require her father's assistance. She couldn't go to him, to them. She was dead, she didn't belong there anymore. As he introduced himself Sparrow giggled and extended her hand to the kid. "Sparrow. It's nice to meet you Yves. Though now that we know each other's names I guess we're not strangers anymore."

If this is how companies are treating their employees it may be time to rectify that. Hearing Yves's story made her glad that her father built her body on a hidden private control server. She wasn't one to do favors for others, her mission came first. However, she could at least look into this for the kid. It was strange what was going on here. Shifting her weight she asked the kid a question. "What's the name of the company? You know that's doing this." She may pay them a visit and see what's really going on.
Axeykins Axeykins

Xander tried to shrink when he entered the restroom. It may look spotless, but he knew better. There were always things in places like these, things he didn't want near him. But it was the only place he could go, and perhaps the most bearable of all the other choices. So, he hurriedly took off his blue suit leaving only the clean, white undershirt, and inspected the back where that cretin had touched him. Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Preposterous, there was certainly something there. If only he could use a wet towel, but that would ruin the fabric. No, a dry wipe would have to do. Grabbing a paper towel, he brushed the spot for what felt like minutes and hundreds of times. In reality, it was about thirty seconds and 150 wipes.

Deeming it sufficiently cleaned, he put it back on and took care to put everything back in place. Buttons were all done nicely, shirt was neatly tucked in where it was needed, and there were no stray hairs. Satisfied with his outward appearance, he left the restroom and once more returned to the upper class area.

The performance was not long. To be expected for an event such as this. Nobody seemed to mind anyway, what could be better than some sort of show and then actually getting to speak to the star himself?
Besides, the agenda tonight was to get their attention, show off some of the stuff the technology can do from a distance and then set the star off to mingle and let people examine it up close. A few of the guards and snake with the controls following behind closely. For those who wanted a view of the inner workings. Not too many of the regular citizens cared for it but the higher ups and scientists reveled in seeing exactly what they were buying.
"H-H-hello sir.!" Lucid greeted a man in a very nice suit who had just come out of the restroom. He looked like an upper class but wasn't on any registry. Strange but on the top of their target list. People with money and power. "What brings you to this event this l-l-lovely evening hm? Here to mingle with the fellow socialites or peruse the latest and greatest technology available right now at ERA Enterprises? We've got a grand selection and ever advancing technology. I am even authorized to give you a glance at the inner workings and wirings if you so choose?"
Soviet Panda Soviet Panda

( Dalamus Ulom Dalamus Ulom Quillicious Quillicious Blastcover Blastcover Jeda Teq Jeda Teq )

"I am up to date and with all the top of the line models." Xander said, hiding a sneer. This was that Lucid. Ironic, considering the small metallic disk on the side of his head and the dead look in his eyes. They could never hide that, the look in their eyes. That, and the stuttering. If he remembered correctly from what he had read, Lucid didn't stutter. Then again, he had disappeared briefly for some time. And it was always a possibility that he didn't stutter when he sang, something to do with how the brain worked.
(( Axeykins Axeykins ))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back