• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Bounty

Vudukudu

Farseer to the Warsong Clan
Bounty

The town of Junction, Colorado, was never a particularly well known place, and that may be why no one really noticed when it disappeared one foggy day, the fourth of July, 1861. Perhaps in the turmoil of the American Civil War, a small town of only some 180 people was forgettable. Though there is only dust where Junction once stood, the people of Junction are not gone. They’re just.. Somewhere else.

On the fourth of July, 1861, the people of Junction woke up to an unfamiliar scene. Instead of the familiar mountain valley their town resided in, they found themselves transported to a sagebrush steppe. The transition had been silent, and not quite perfect. In the teleportation, some buildings collapsed, some disappeared, and a few people were either crushed by rubble or vanished entirely. The town immediately went into a panic, especially when they found their fancy telegram machine was no longer connected to its wires. That evening, a keen eye discovered something peculiar - the night sky just weren’t quite right, and a keener mind drew a quick conclusion - they weren’t on Earth anymore.

And that gentleman was right. The stars weren’t right, because the folk of Junction were somewhere else. They now call this new place Bounty, and there are a lot of things that ain’t quite right about Bounty.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bounty is going to be detailed, literate RP following the events of the displaced town of Junction. Between rebuilding their town, figuring out where they are and how to survive it, and encounters with the supernatural and hellish monstrosities lurking in this new frontier, the people of Junction have a lot on their hands.

The bulk of the roleplay will be focused on the select few individuals cursed with Dark Sight. While more detail will be worked out later, Dark Sight allows its users to track the beasts populating the new wilderness, as well as permanently banish them. It also comes with a maddening hunger, however, only sated by the successful hunt and absorption of a slain beast, an act that comes with its own unnerving side effects.

On a Realistic note - This RP has a great deal of attention paid to the historical setting of the West and to Colorado specifically in the year of 1861, so characters should be closer to real inhabitants of such a town as Junction and farther away from movie/film/video game depictions of Old West stereotypes.
On a Fantasy Note - This RP also takes place somewhere else. Another planet, another dimension, it's up to players to figure out what and which. There is a strong otherworldly element to this RP, particularly in the use of Dark Sight.
In short, those expecting a Western game rooted in history to remain a Western game will be as disappointed as those expecting a monster hunting supernaturally gifted hunter to not need to know about or care about the history they come from.

While I intend for the roleplay to focus on the Hunters, there is plenty of room for other characters to fill out the town as "support" staff - maybe a tinkerer type who develops new equipment, or a scholar or scientist trying to figure out where precisely Junction now is.

Anyway, I expect fairly descriptive and independent posts - you don't always have to interact with another PC. I won't set a post length - there are times for knocking out a solid paragraph, there are times for cranking out a few pages if you so choose. Generally, I just want every post to feel like it moves the story along somehow.

Comment if interested, and I'll set about filling out the roleplay thread.

Last edited:
This is neat! Interested and willing to fill supporting roles since I assume Hunter roles will be grabbed quickly.

This has quite a few things I've been meaning to knock out on my muse list:

Supernatural overtones in a historical setting? Check.
US Civil War-era? Check.
Freeform/develops-as-it-goes plotline? Check.

Count me in. If anyone would like insight on a particular piece of Civil War history, fashion, or culture, I'd be happy to help or direct you to more in-depth resources. I'm kind of a nut for this era.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back