• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Bounty Hunters, Mercs, and other Such Scoundrels (A Science-Fantasy Roleplay) [CLOSED]

B
Created at
Index progress
Incomplete

In the 30 years since humanity joined Galactic Society, politics have gotten a lot more complicated. This means a lot of things, but the only thing you care about is that the Bounty Hunting business is booming!

BackSet

Ray of Sunshine
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
It has been a mere 30 years since Humanity entered the Galactic community. Through a mixture of tenacity and stubbornness they rose through the ranks of Galactic society quicker than any other species. Most species take decades, if not centuries, to get anywhere close to where humans are. The only thing that's missing is a seat on the Galactic Council and even that's looking like it might change.

But who cares about that. Certainly not our main characters (that's you), a motley crew of Bounty Hunters, thugs, and scoundrels always looking for their next job and their next paycheck. Sure its not as glamorous as great galactic heroes saving the galaxy from untold threats and uncovering political corruption, but its still an interesting life.

----
Hi there friends. I'm trying out something a bit different today. For one, my IC is a lot shorter than usual. I'm seeing if maybe a shorter, more straightforward explanation will get more players. For another, I don't do a lot of sci-fi. The last sci-fi RP I was in was very fun but it eventually died.

You may have noticed that the first half of the IC seems rather familiar. That's because its literally the setup for Mass Effect, which I have been replaying recently. Why not just use the Mass Effect setting, you may ask? Well, for one I don't think I can really keep up with all the hard science aka one of the coolest things about Mass Effect. And for two... I just really want to play a fox person, okay, Don't judge me.

Hmm. This caught my eye. I have this anthro gorilla character that I use primarily for scifi storylines, but I did use him for a superhero storyline though once. I've been trying to look for storyline to RP as him.

I... okay I didn't go into this with much if a plan. I figured we'd figure it out as we go. I just really wanted to play a Kitsune in space and neither me nor my friends have time to do a Starfinder game.

I recently replayed the GotG 2021 game and am currently in the process of replaying Mass Effect so both played heavy parts in inspiring this.

There's all the interest I was looking for. Knew people would show up eventually.

Edit: I mean, I can work with a three person crew but it never hurts to have a few more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back