Advice/Help Bound By Our Predecessors

hazy

yippiekiyay
This is a supernatural-medieval era based RP. The time period is similar in which you would see in shows such as Black Clover and Fairy Tale. It is a fantasy, supernatural, anime, and adventure RP.
(I AM JUST POSTING THIS RIGHT NOW TO GET GENERAL OPINIONS, I HAVE ALL THE OTHER INFORMATION NEEDED MY FINGERS ARE JUST TIRED. GIVE OPINIONS AND THINGS TOU WOULD CHANGE. This is probably going to be an absurdly long thread beings that I’m creating a new verse)
The story is based in large landmass nation known as Tomashi.

Being a kingdom/fantasy RP, the world is very class based. It is very rare for one to be born into a position of authority, or even nobility.

The class system is a typical medieval kingdom pyramid.

Kings/Queens etc.
Nobles
Peasants

However, being the supernatural land that it is, there is more to life than just working on farms and kissing royals’ asses.

There are 4 kingdoms amongst this land. That of corruption, that of chaos, that of purity, and that of technology.

As someone born into the kingdom of corruption, you have access to abilities that attain towards the general definition of corruption, same goes for the other kingdoms.

Now the long explanation...

Powers
Corruption-
Royal:
Ravagers: They use a large double ended scythe that is around 8-10 feet, depending on potential. It is made from obsidian. They extend lengthwise to around 3 feet per blade on each side. Ravagers also have a secondary weapon known as the ‘demons claw.’ This weapon is only accessible by those with extraordinary raw potential, and it is a talon like obsidian gauntlet that extends from just below your elbow, past your hands. The reason for their dual weapon ability is because of their slow attack speed while using the scythe. Therefore the gauntlet is a substitute for the scythe. In exchange for raw power, you get speed and more a more direct fighting style. Both weapons have the ability to extend attacks with shadow/un-pure aura, making attacks stronger rather than them just being weapons. Their auras that they can place onto their weapons embody those of dark dragons, however are purely aura and not physical.

Bezerkers: They use an extraordinarily long and wide blade that they hold from the handle backwards. The blade can be anywhere from 6-8 feet long. It is again forged from obsidian. To anyone other than a bezerker, the blade would feel to be hundreds upon hundreds of pounds. Bezerkers, alike ravagers, can wield shadows and un-pure magic. Again, they can extend these weapons and attacks with their magic. They attack with brute force, however can be rather quick on their feet.

Samurai: They hold a very very long and thin blade, forged from obsidian once again. Ranges from 8-12 feet long, almost double that of a tall human being. Samurai can once again use magic of shadows and impurity. They can as well extend weapon range and abilities with their magic. They move with lightning fast speed, and attack rather weak but excessive. Often samurais find themselves in assassination occupations.

Nobles-
All nobles are accustomed to that of a standard broad sword, however it is crafted from obsidian. They can also use similar magic to Royals, however on a weaker and smaller scale.

Peasants-
Peasants can not wield weapons made of obsidian, and if they were to do such a thing, it would give them second degree burns on the entirety on which the weapons touched. Instead, peasants have found a way to take basic tools and weapons, and embody them in the evil aura. Obviously their aura is naturally weaker than that of a royal or a noble. This allows them to enhance commoner weapons, and makes them ideal for grunt’s in the army of the corruption.

Corruption side notes-

With all it’s glory, the corrupted have their flaws. Royals and nobles can not enhance their actual magic, rather can only train their combat skills and physical self. On the other hand, nobles can train everything from their body, to their magic powers. Due to this oddity, nobles and royals are forbidden to mate or produce offspring with peasants, beings that it would create a being capable of possible unlimited power, and an imbalance.

Purity-
Royals:
Holy trident: A massive trident, 8-10 feet tall. Forged from a hybrid of aluminum steel, and marble. It’s a very white colored trident, with golden tips on each point. It is very balanced and feels like a easy to use staff in your hands. It is capable of extending itself on command, through thought and will.

So...where's the plot? I do see a bit of a magic system here, but so far that's all there is to the idea, or that is allthat was presented.

It's a decent starting point but I would put more work into it. But that's just me, plenty of these kinds of roleplays get off the ground. And yes like Idea Idea mentioned, what about the plot?

In general, what you have so far looks cool. I like the ideas for the themes of the kingdoms, as they seem unusual and it would be fun to see how they interact with each other. The different classes you have developed seem good and nicely varied so far.

Where I would add a note of caution is in calling one of your classes "samurai". This appears to be a medieval Europe style setting as none of the other information indicates it is Japan/faux Japan/faux Asian at all, correct me if I'm wrong. So why have a class called samurai, especially if the samurai are assassins, and not really close to what the word "samurai" is usually understood to mean? I'd probably consider renaming it "assassins" if that is what the members of the class usually do.

If the setting is Japan/faux-Japan I would suggest making that more obvious in terms of both your feudal system and your naming conventions. If you want more info on how the Japanese feudal system is different to the European one I can fill you in but that might not be info you need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back